PDA

View Full Version : DeMeco finally gets some Chronicle coverage !

nunusguy
06-09-2006, 07:44 AM
"Once rookie linebacker DeMeco Ryans proved he could grasp the Texans' defensive system quickly, the coaches decided to take advantage.
Training camp is still more than a month away, but Ryans is learning nearly every linebacker position and vying for a starting job. Instead of being weighed down by the responsibilities, the 21-year-old is dealing with them just like he did everything in college.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3953184.html

AFD1717
06-09-2006, 07:46 AM
This guy has probowl written all over him.

hot pickle
06-09-2006, 08:12 AM
and hope that he doesnt get injured

i really falling in love with demeco
im real excited

i dare T.O. to come across the middle in october

Kaiser Toro
06-09-2006, 08:16 AM
snippet:
Ryans is currently sitting behind Morlon Greenwood at outside linebacker and Wali Rainer in the middle.

"We think he has a bright, bright future," Smith said. "And he's a young person that we feel can come in here and compete for a starting position on this team. But he's got to earn that spot. And that's what we're trying to get accomplished right now. We're trying to develop him into a starter. He brings youth, speed and athletic ability to the position.

I can't wait to see the day that he gets his first start as I trust that will be the first of many in a long and great career. Kubiak and staff have frequently been on point in their collective messaging where people earn their position not deserve. I friggin love it. :texflag:

texan279
06-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Man I swear with every one of these articles I read I get more excited about the upcoming season. I am ready for some football now! :redtowel:

wicked_wayz
06-09-2006, 08:20 AM
dymecco is this teams future leader:redtowel:

real
06-09-2006, 08:22 AM
I think that at least by game 3 of the season he will be the starting mike...

SAMURAITEXAN
06-09-2006, 08:27 AM
I heard a lot about how Winston was a steal in the 3rd and I agree. But I also think Ryans was a steal in the 2nd rd.

real
06-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally I was skeptical of the Texans draft but after seeing how the team is shaping up....:redtowel:.....Makes me proud to be a texan...:mario:

texan279
06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
I heard a lot about how Winston was a steal in the 3rd and I agree. But I also think Ryans was a steal in the 2nd rd.

Some of what I read before and after the draft said that DeMeco and Winston could have gone in the 1st round. They could both end up being huge steals for us depending on how things go.

infantrycak
06-09-2006, 09:23 AM
One editorial note: Demeco is 6' 1" not 6' 4" as listed in the article. Can't really blame Megan though as she appears to have caught the glitch from the Texans' roster.

Texas
06-09-2006, 09:32 AM
He will be one of the greats for years to come

DocBar
06-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I've heard that consistently. The Texans were floored when Ryans was there in the 2nd. and absolutely stunned when Winston was there in the 3rd. I think Ryans just might end up as this generations Mike singletary. Maybe Winston or Wand can be our version of Orlando Pace....:yahoo:

U4ikrob
06-09-2006, 09:38 AM
DeMec - He was my favorite player at Bama the last 2 years and I was very happy to see him picked up by the Texans. I truly think he will be a great player for this team for many years to come and like others said a Pro-bowler type guy - blue-collar hard working/learning type player. A real class act and a great instinct player who put plenty of time in the books to make him an all-american LB and winner of many awards on and off the field. Been compared to many of the great LB's to come out and was close to several of Derrick Thomas records at Bama.

I will be looking to get my jersey as soon as they start releasing em. Really looking forward to seeing him light a fire in our D and bring the house every play like he did @ Bama where he was a 1-2 contender with AJ Hawk for pretty much every LB award. If he has the kind of year I think/coaches are seeing he will be a contender for DROY for sure and will bring some solid play to our LB's for a change.

I know everybody was really hyped on Mario esp w/the draft and bush-young, but honestly my fav pick of our draft was DeMec. I really think he will be a Great player for the Texans and I cant wait to see him live playing for our home team at TC and this season.

rittenhouserobz
06-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Considering the our defensive woes last year, he is a welcome sight this year. I hope he can get to Manning sometime this yaer. :)

nunusguy
06-09-2006, 09:56 AM
He will be one of the greats for years to come
One day when boarding a flight at the airport in Springfield, Mo. a couple
years ago, I noticed this well dressed, even dapper middle-aged African-American man in a business suite approaching the security gate. Even before
the security guy grabbed him and pulled him aside to get his autograph, I recognized Mike Singletary. But I was struck how short he was and how mild
mannerd he appeared. And it may have been years since he played, but he still looked fit and well conditioned, as if he could have suited-up that day.
I dunno....Singletary was known as a guy who was not overly impressive physically, and almsot bland in demeanor who was a fiery and inspirational leader on the field who became a Hall-of-Famer. Hey, you never know.

beerlover
06-09-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm excited for the 1st time the Texans actually had an excellent draft in a prospect rich draft, you have to strike when the iron is hot and DeMeco will be a cornerstone to the Texans future regardless where he lines up, he will get after it & make things happen :bowser:

done88
06-09-2006, 10:31 AM
snippet:
Ryans is currently sitting behind Morlon Greenwood at outside linebacker and Wali Rainer in the middle.

"We think he has a bright, bright future," Smith said. "And he's a young person that we feel can come in here and compete for a starting position on this team. But he's got to earn that spot. And that's what we're trying to get accomplished right now. We're trying to develop him into a starter. He brings youth, speed and athletic ability to the position.

I can't wait to see the day that he gets his first start as I trust that will be the first of many in a long and great career. Kubiak and staff have frequently been on point in their collective messaging where people earn their position not deserve. I friggin love it. :texflag:

Who is Wali Rainer and where is Sam Cowart or what ever his last name was. Is he third on the depth for middle. Of the three Iwould rather see ryans there.

Kaiser Toro
06-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Who is Wali Rainer and where is Sam Cowart or what ever his last name was. Is he third on the depth for middle. Of the three Iwould rather see ryans there.

Wali
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133396

I cannot speak to the depth chart as others here have more insight.

Runner
06-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I cannot speak to the depth chart as others here have more insight.

Don't start trying to put informal rules on this board and expect others to follow them.

Vinny
06-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Unlike the last regime who handed players starting spots on spec....looks like we make the new guys earn their starting spots. Demeco will be starting somewhere on opening day. I wouldn't pay much attention to any depth chart in June.

Kaiser Toro
06-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Don't start trying to put informal rules on this board and expect others to follow them.

Who says I just started? ;)

U4ikrob
06-09-2006, 11:07 AM

Rainer is a FA lb we picked up from Detroit this Off-season - decent guy. Cowart got injured early in OTA's {calf and Achilles] and is is currently being held out to reserve him for Mini-camps.

That was the last report I heard on Cowart - anyone got an update? I thought he would be ready to play again this week?

AFD1717
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I think that at least by game 3 of the season he will be the starting mike...

I agree. It may not take that long...

Porky
06-09-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm pretty excited about our front 7 now. Vinny gave me some good stuff on Ryans a while back, as he has seen him much more than I. I am pretty impressed to say the least! Now the back 4 worries me a bit. That is going to be our achilles heel, but I think we can move into the main part of the pack this year on D. Next year, we need an impact DB, and a good free safety, and we can take this D into the top ten! :yahoo:

done88
06-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Rainer is a FA lb we picked up from Detroit this Off-season - decent guy. Cowart got injured early in OTA's {calf and Achilles] and is is currently being held out to reserve him for Mini-camps.

That was the last report I heard on Cowart - anyone got an update? I thought he would be ready to play again this week?
Thanks for the ifo. I was wondering. With that said Ryans is actually number 3 in the middle and number two on the left side behing Greenwood. Who is on the right?

Runner
06-09-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty excited about our front 7 now. Vinny gave me some good stuff on Ryans a while back, as he has seen him much more than I. I am pretty impressed to say the least! Now the back 4 worries me a bit. That is going to be our achilles heel, but I think we can move into the main part of the pack this year on D. Next year, we need an impact DB, and a good free safety, and we can take this D into the top ten!

This would be nice outcome. I think Texans Chick had a blog post that presented the idea that most successful teams either have a good front 7 and mediocre DBs or vice versa. Rarely do teams have both units at the highest level at the same time. This is due to the salary cap and free agency among other things.

Grid
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Im not all that worried about our DBs.

We are strong at SS, and Dunta Robinson is a star.. that leaves two spots, CB and FS. Pbuch looks like he is really putting in extra effort this offseason to prove himself, and that makes me think that with our improved pass rush, hes gonna have one of his best years in the pros.

That leaves one real weakness..FS..and I dont think it will be a terrible one. CC Brown didnt do bad at FS last year.. didnt do great either..but maybe with an offseason under his belt he will be more prepared for it.

The Preacher
06-09-2006, 03:51 PM
All the talk about a renewed front seven could do wonders for the secondary as many have noted. The jury is still out on our safeties who I think are our biggest question mark. Hopefully they turn into solid players it's just too early to tell. Demeco will hopefully prove the steal of the second round the same way Tatupu did. I hope he can crack the starting rotation early and am very pleased to see high character guys come in who can lead this team.

AFD1717
06-09-2006, 04:10 PM
We are strong at SS,

Adequate might be a better word than strong.

CloakNNNdagger
06-09-2006, 04:21 PM
We really won't have any idea where we stand on the safety issues until the pads go on and the pantomime games end.

aj.
06-09-2006, 06:25 PM
One editorial note: Demeco is 6' 1" not 6' 4" as listed in the article. Can't really blame Megan though as she appears to have caught the glitch from the Texans' roster.

The Texans daily practice roster has him listed at 6-1, 239.

He was working on the side with a trainer on Wednesday doing some speed work. It's not like he's sitting around doing nothing or riding a bike or on crutches. He doesn't appear to be that far away from returning.

Ole Miss Texan
06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Considering the our defensive woes last year, he is a welcome sight this year. I hope he can get to Manning sometime this yaer. :)

Mannings. I hope he can get to peyton AND eli this year..muah ha ha