PDA

View Full Version : New Depth Chart is Posted

the wonger need food
06-09-2006, 08:19 AM
The more I learn and see from this coaching staff the more I like it...

http://houstontexans.com/team/depth_chart.php?section=TH%20Depth%20Chart

Seņor Stan
06-09-2006, 08:40 AM

The link says that the depth chart won't be posted until the eve of training camp. What exactly did you learn from this?

AFD1717
06-09-2006, 08:44 AM

Are we taking a blank depth chart as a sign that all players are being given an equal shot and our staff has no preconcieved notions about what roles each guy will play? I hope that is where you were going. If not, I'm lost.

BamaTexan
06-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Does the Wonger need a Clue?

Doom Capers
06-09-2006, 08:48 AM
The wonger has needed a clue for a long time

KingRat
06-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Are we taking a blank depth chart as a sign that all players are being given an equal shot and our staff has no preconcieved notions about what roles each guy will play? I hope that is where you were going. If not, I'm lost.

that's exactly what I read into what wonger was implying

Seņor Stan
06-09-2006, 09:11 AM
that's exactly what I read into what wonger was implying

It's a common practice not to post depth charts this early.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=depth

Texans_Chick
06-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Before, the depth chart had last year's names in it, with a note that it wouldn't be updated until training camp.

Now, it is wiped clean. Which seems more appropriate.

the wonger need food
06-09-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't recall ever seeing the depth chart empty. It's pure speculation at this point, but I believe that the new coaching staff is taking every opportunity to send a message.

Sportsfan
06-09-2006, 09:39 AM
LOL! Nothing is there dude!

Malloy
06-09-2006, 09:45 AM
LOL! Nothing is there dude!

Wonger proved his point then :)

Kaiser Toro
06-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Appreciate you bringing this to our attention Wonger and look forward to the data being populated.

TexanFanInCC
06-10-2006, 12:40 AM
knowing texans past history, and if it holds true this coming season, then a depth chart would be pointless. every NFL team (especially the texans) suffers major injururies. on about every team, the 2nd string will play almost as much as the first string. besides, we havent gotten to training camps, so its stupid to discuss a depth chart now. midway through the season, the depth chart from preseason pretty much wont exist.

Double Barrel
06-10-2006, 12:59 AM
I saw this the other day. I was checking out player's autographs and seeing who some of the unknown names were, and you have to go to "players" in the website to see the list.

I was wondering if this was a regular procedure for teams or if it was sending a message.

Insideop
06-10-2006, 02:28 AM

Is the news this slow that all we have to discuss (read into) is an empty depth chart?

Am I missing something:confused:

TwinSisters
06-10-2006, 04:37 AM
O boy... I just clicked on a blank depth chart. Is this one of those "I can see the face of Jesus in the mold on my shower curtains" moments?

It suRe feels like it.

Whatever happened to all the "true" Texan fans? Man do I miss them now.

:lightbulb:

Revolution
06-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Is the news this slow that all we have to discuss (read into) is an empty depth chart?

Am I missing something:confused:

Its actually a sign of better things to come. Kubiak is sending a message with the blank depth chart. The Texans have never had a blank depth chart. Not even for the first training camp. The guys are going to have to earn their spot.

AFD1717
06-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Its actually a sign of better things to come. Kubiak is sending a message with the blank depth chart. The Texans have never had a blank depth chart. Not even for the first training camp. The guys are going to have to earn their spot.

I think we are probably reading too much into this. I think they blanked out the depth chart because half of the guys on it aren't on the team anymore. Do we really think that if the players want to know where they stand on the depth chart that they log on to the website and check?

Texans86
06-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Do we really think that if the players want to know where they stand on the depth chart that they log on to the website and check?

Sounds reasonable.

TexansLucky13
06-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Kubiak is sending a message with the blank depth chart.

Oh, right. I love to see all of this "Kubiak has given us a glimpse into his genius" stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but you guys act like he has done this to make some kind of point.

Remember, the most simple answer will most likely be the correct one. Save yourself the brainpower. Maybe the webmaster decided it was time for that one to go. Maybe they felt it kindof disconcerting to have that chart on there.

P.S. - I realize that it is the worst part of the year for us (after the draft and before training camp), so I'm not bashing anyone. We are all clinging to our monitors searching for the slightest bit of information about our beloved Texans.

Also, thanks for recognizing the change, Wonger.... I have been wondering if they were going to do anything with that ridiculous 2005 depth chart.

quicksilver
06-10-2006, 02:19 PM
If the coaching staff has set their minds on the value of our players, it wouldn't be so very difficult to post that as the new, 2006 depth chart. If they wanted to light a fire under any particular players, then bumping them down an established chart is a way to do that. I am convinced that the lack of a depth chart is making the point that everyone has a clean slate and our depth will be established on what they show this season. Period.

Everything I've seen, read, and heard so far does indicate that Kubiak is straight up with his players. Just because we don't see much of that at all in sports doesn't mean it's an impossibility. What team/company/organization wouldn't run best with this approach? As I see it, only Ego on the part of those in charge prevents this from being the rule in organization management rather than the exception.

Double Barrel
06-10-2006, 03:03 PM
ahhh, the NFL in June...when blank rosters are news stories. Football season can't come soon enough! :texflag:

DocBar
06-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Looks a lot like the 1996- 2002 depth chart to me. :cool: