PDA

View Full Version : Tie games?

TexanSam
06-08-2006, 12:05 AM
If the Texans tie a game how would you guys react? Especially if it's at Reliant. The walk down the ramps at Reliant would be interesting. When we win everybody's happy. When we lose everybody's sad. When we tie....?

Cjeremy635
06-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Can you even tie anymore? Since there is overtime, if no one scored wouldn't you just go to double overtime? I haven't seen a team tie in an NFL game for years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

WiiBrawler
06-08-2006, 09:43 AM
no your're wrong, its just that there hasnt been a tie in soo long, but it can screw other teams, for example, the Falcons finished the 2001 season 9-6-1, that one tie got them the wild card, they beat the Green Bay Packers, if we tie this year, it will help us in the wild card sometimes

mapleleaf
06-08-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't know maybe people would be mad, angry, or happy depending on the fan.

TexanFan881
06-08-2006, 09:52 AM
It depends on how the game is going. If we are getting killed and walk away with a tie that's a lot different than leading most of the game and tieing in the end.

Double Barrel
06-08-2006, 10:42 AM
It depends on the opponent. For instance, if we tied the Colts, I'd actually have to be a little happy that we didn't lose again.

El Tejano
06-08-2006, 11:47 AM
I would feel ripped off a little.

But I guess it depends on what it does to us at the end of the season.

hollywood_texan
06-08-2006, 11:56 AM
no your're wrong, its just that there hasnt been a tie in soo long, but it can screw other teams, for example, the Falcons finished the 2001 season 9-6-1, that one tie got them the wild card, they beat the Green Bay Packers, if we tie this year, it will help us in the wild card sometimes

Good point!

CloakNNNdagger
06-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Can you even tie anymore? Since there is overtime, if no one scored wouldn't you just go to double overtime? I haven't seen a team tie in an NFL game for years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

An NFL tie hasnít occurred for 3 years. With sudden sudden death overtime, in the regular season, if the score remains even at the end of one extra period, the game is declared a tie; in the playoffs, the game continues until a winner is determined.

DocBar
06-08-2006, 01:51 PM
A tie would suck. Just not as bad as a loss. :shoot:

Texans Horror
06-08-2006, 02:14 PM
After a 2-14 season, I will take a tie anyday and consider it a victory. As an aside, one of the things that I like about the NFL is that they do allow for tie games (I believe there is only one sudden death overtime). In NCAAs, the game just goes on until somebody wins (okay, that's not the whole story, but it's the meat of it). After two or three overtimes, I always felt it should be a tie. The players have been on the field for four or five hours, everybody is exhausted, and it becomes a question of who makes the first mistake. I just don't like it. Both teams are the victor. To declare one a loser is weak.

TheOgre
06-08-2006, 02:18 PM
I think I am in the minority, but I rooted for a tie against the Patriots in 2003. I like ties. They make tiebreakers for playoff spots and draft positions easier. I enjoy the rarity of it. I also like the fact that the teams and fans walked away not knowing how to feel.

The Falcons came back to tie the Steelers a few years ago. That was a cool game.

TexansCM
06-08-2006, 02:22 PM
The NFL should go to the NCAA rules for overtime. Those overtime games are fought for, with the NFL moving the kickoffs back to avoid touchbacks and make the game more exciting and kickers who can hit 50+ yarders. Overtimes generally don't last more the 2-3 possessions.

mapleleaf
06-08-2006, 02:35 PM
As for me I don't really like ties as much. It's basically a sign saying your exactly just like your opponent in single little thing you doand it just defeats the purpose of a games excitment and hope. Well the only thing I like about ties that it's better than a loss.

Texas
06-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Basically I would be upset because we could have pulled through but did not!

Speedy
06-08-2006, 06:51 PM
It depends on how the game is going. If we are getting killed and walk away with a tie that's a lot different than leading most of the game and tieing in the end.
I agree. Depends on how the game is going. If the opposition comes back and ties it up in regulation in a game we were leading by 10 or more, I probably wouldn't be too happy with the draw. However, if we're the team that makes the big comeback and it ends in a draw, probably take it a little better. Probably also depend on how late in the season it is and what it does to playoff scenarios.

bayoudreamn
06-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't know maybe people would be mad, angry, or happy depending on the fan.

Everyone would be sad, until they see someone who's happy....and they make them sad.....which makes the first sad happy.....

Ties create alot of confusion!!!