PDA

View Full Version : I wonder...(if the Texans intentionally lost games in '05)

mapleleaf
06-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Well I've been think about this for a looooonnnnggg time since the season was happening, and now I've decided to let it go here out on this forum. Well my big though here is that did the Texans really intended to lose their games wayyy back in the begginning like for say exactly a year ago. For some reason I find this hard to believe but you may never know, especially with Capers being fired and Casserly leaving for a "better job".

baba ganoush
06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
why in the world would they do that after a 7-9 record??? they didnt even know who was going to be entered into the NFL draft, so why would they think about that and put thier jobs on the line and embaress themselves infront the world?

AFD1717
06-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I don't know Mr. McNair or Dom Capers personally, but I have always heard that they are some of the highest character guys in football. Despite what anyone may think of their respective abilities, their integrity has always been respected. I really doubt men like this would be involved in some organized effort to lose games.

JAXwithanX
06-07-2006, 10:28 PM
I can see arguments being made over the last games of the year (which has been beat to death). But trying to lose games at the beg. of the season makes no sense....period. Doesn't matter if you went 0-16 the year before, there would be never be anything to gain from throwing games that early. Not even close to being considerable.

Seņor Stan
06-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Worst...Post....Ever

BigTimeTexanFan
06-07-2006, 11:07 PM
NFL stands for not for long. Coaches as well as players are judged on a game by game basis by how they perform. It would in no way benefit them to intentionally lose games.

texan279
06-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Well I've been think about this for a looooonnnnggg time since the season was happening, and now I've decided to let it go here out on this forum. Well my big though here is that did the Texans really intended to lose their games wayyy back in the begginning like for say exactly a year ago. For some reason I find this hard to believe but you may never know, especially with Capers being fired and Casserly leaving for a "better job".

IF the Texan's intentionally lost games it would only be for one reason, Reggie Bush, and if that was the case, he would have been drafted and signed by us no matter what it took contract wise.

TwinSisters
06-07-2006, 11:25 PM
while I do not agree that they ever tried to lose... I will say this.

I cannot even count the number of times I said this during a game:

"What the (*&)#@#&*($@# are they doing. Are they trying to lose!"

so I can understand where you got the idea from.
I believe science calls it evolutionary convergant thought.

texan279
06-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Worst...Post....Ever

BEST....AVATAR....EVER

Junior: My hat blew off, daddy.
Buford T. Justice: I hope your #$%damn head was in it.

Texan Asylum
06-07-2006, 11:41 PM
IF the Texan's intentionally lost games it would only be for one reason, Reggie Bush, and if that was the case, he would have been drafted and signed by us no matter what it took contract wise.
AMEN!!!

Double Barrel
06-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey, Dom Capers said they play not to lose. Ain't that good enough for you? idonno:

Pro teams don't tank on purpose. They just suck instead.

mapleleaf
06-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey, Dom Capers said they play not to lose. Ain't that good enough for you? idonno:

Pro teams don't tank on purpose. They just suck instead.
I don't trust that guy one bit. Ain't that good enough for you?

Double Barrel
06-08-2006, 10:45 AM
I don't trust that guy one bit. Ain't that good enough for you?

You don't have to trust one guy, but you still have to place trust in the organization itself. There are too many people involved for a grand conspiracy of this nature. You might want to loosen the tin foil hat so it doesn't restrict blood flow to your brain. ;)

And anyway, ask yourself, what would Capers have to gain by adding losses to his HC career? Besides, he already knew that he was a lame duck coach, so he wouldn't be playing to lose to get a player in the draft that he'd never get to use. It makes no logical sense.

Face it, the 2005 Texans just plain sucked. They didn't need to tank games on purpose. Their suckiness did it for them.