PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider - Pro Football Weekly

JAXwithanX
06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
The Texans' WR corps has impressed in offseason workouts, with free-agent signing Kevin Walter and former Bill Eric Moulds making excellent first impressions.

I know that isn't anything substantial or great, but ya know, thought i'd share.

AFD1717
06-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I know that isn't anything substantial or great, but ya know, thought i'd share.

Coming off 2-14, I'm happy to hear any kind of good news.

powerfuldragon
06-05-2006, 04:51 PM
well, we do have a pretty good WR core.

wrestler4life
06-05-2006, 05:16 PM
well, we do have a pretty good WR core.
OK- but now can our QB get enough time to get the ball to them? And, can he get it to them?

Sportsfan
06-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Coming off 2-14, I'm happy to hear any kind of good news.

Word :cool:

powerfuldragon
06-05-2006, 05:24 PM
OK- but now can our QB get enough time to get the ball to them? And, can he get it to them?

Good point.

LORK 88
06-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Finally!! Offseason additions paying off instead of flopping, what a concept!!

Scottyboy
06-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Amen! Any good news is a ray of sunshine!

By the way, why have a Punter as an Aviatar?

hollywood_texan
06-05-2006, 08:18 PM

Good question, but as other areas improve, it makes other jobs easier.

More importantly, the better Carr plays, the easier it is for everyone else on the offense to do their job.

El Tejano
06-06-2006, 12:25 AM

Isn't it obvious? Because he thinks Stanley is God.

Samer
06-06-2006, 12:37 AM
The receiving core is great, with Johnson potentially being the gamebreaking receiver we need, Moulds being a reliable vet with great hands and will definately require to be covered, Walter is an up and coming receiver who already learned from Johnson and will benefit from the likes of Johnson and Moulds. Then you have Putizer at TE who gives us the threat up the middle. Davis in the backfield provides us the running threat to open up the field even more for our receivers

Texans Pride
06-06-2006, 01:11 AM

He might be able to if he goes through all of his reads!

powerfuldragon
06-06-2006, 01:39 AM

It started out as a joke.. Who's the best/most useful Houston Texan? Chad stanley. Now i genuinely like the guy.

TwinSisters
06-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Did somebody say Ray Guy? I thought I heard Ray Guy... punters rule. They should mix up some 2nd and 3rd down punts into their game. Reduce Sacks, Greater field position, more Field Goals.

:fieldgoal

Be first team that finishes with a Punter winning the MVP award.

It'll keep the safeties from cheatin up...

powerfuldragon
06-06-2006, 11:26 AM
we might want to just to show off our fantastic new defense.

O.G.
06-06-2006, 01:38 PM
"The Texans' WR corps has impressed in offseason workouts, with free-agent signing Kevin Walter and former Bill Eric Moulds making excellent first impressions."

I know it wasn't much but atleast it is something to talk about. I think our receiving core can be as good as any in the league without the injury bug.

OzzO
06-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Jax covered in another thread (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=23871)

Brandon420tx
06-06-2006, 02:37 PM
we might want to just to show off our fantastic new defense.

Wouldn't you be worried if the other team just kept punting the ball so their defense could run over you? :crutch:

El Tejano
06-06-2006, 03:26 PM
"The Texans' WR corps has impressed in offseason workouts, with free-agent signing Kevin Walter and former Bill Eric Moulds making excellent first impressions."

I know it wasn't much but atleast it is something to talk about. I think our receiving core can be as good as any in the league without the injury bug.
Well for one, we should all be happy that the big money we spent on our first FA wr this year that we knew nothing of is making an impression.

powerfuldragon
06-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't you be worried if the other team just kept punting the ball so their defense could run over you? :crutch:
With M. Williams and Demeco Ryans on the prowl, i'd fear for my QB's life, yes.

Scott747
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
There was this little concept that caught some off guard. Receivers catching passes thrown at them and running the correct route.

While Kubes and crew barely batted an eye. McNair and those remaining from the previous era were overheard.... "so that is how it works."

MorKnolle
06-06-2006, 10:40 PM

It worked for SCLSU in the Waterboy. We need Bobby Bouche at MLB.

Ibar_Harry
06-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Megan's article says it all.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3945792.html

This is why this team is going to be special. You see it at a lot of positions. The changes are going to be astonishing. Its not going to be about individuals its going to be about a team that became a team.

Scooter
06-07-2006, 03:22 AM
Megan's article says it all.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3945792.html

This is why this team is going to be special. You see it at a lot of positions. The changes are going to be astonishing. Its not going to be about individuals its going to be about a team that became a team.

i really love the way we've handled this offseason. we got the coach who i'd been hoping for since we started this franchise. we landed great football minds to assist (sherman, reeves). we had a KILLER draft. we were very aggressive aquiring players who fit the system in free agency (putz & cook are prime examples). and we loaded up on veterans! flanagan, moulds, kalu, cowart, antwain smith, & rainer, along with our current veterans, immediately upgrade everyone around them because of their experience.

we're hearing mostly about moulds & AJ, but there are others to keep an eye on also. flanagan's going to bring a lot to carr's game, because carr will be more confident with a true probowler right infront of him, and also because flanagan's spent the last 10 years working with & learning from david carr's hero ... brett favre. cowart & rainer not only add talent and depth, but they're also wisened voices for guys like anderson, orr, ryans, & evans to learn from. these guys are going to do exactly what aaron glenn & jamie sharper did. they're going to be leaders in the locker room, challange the guys around them to be better, and with their teachings, put the younger guys on the fast track to success. "special" & "team" are deffinately the most fitting terms used to describe our 2006 texans.

i have NEVER been more excited about football (and if you read my posts this time last season, you'd have a hard time believing i was a texans fan).

JAXwithanX
06-07-2006, 03:26 AM
Jax covered in another thread (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=23871)

You linked to the same thread? Not sure i understand.

Regardless, if everything about our team fell into place (including Mario being a first year dominant starter) i don't see any reason why a deep playoff run would be inconceivable. But i'm banking more on a season filled with a couple of dominant games where everyone clicks and some that get ugly because of all of the changes....after all this is an entirely different team now, position and strategy-wise.

P.S. - there are randomly small excerpts pertaining to the Texans in ESPN Insider articles quite frequently, i just don't post them usually because well it isn't much (for instance this exact thread topic) and i don't want to barrage the board with crap topics. but with the moderate success of this one i guess i should continue....mods?

infantrycak
06-07-2006, 07:54 AM
P.S. - there are randomly small excerpts pertaining to the Texans in ESPN Insider articles quite frequently, i just don't post them usually because well it isn't much (for instance this exact thread topic) and i don't want to barrage the board with crap topics. but with the moderate success of this one i guess i should continue....mods?

You can paraphrase Insider or pay information, but please don't copy their content. We can't allow copying of pay content because it cannot be linked to. Your summary of the info is welcomed though.

OzzO
06-07-2006, 11:13 AM
You linked to the same thread? Not sure i understand....

It was another thread with the same info, mods merged them.