PDA

View Full Version : Does the Texans Future Live in a PARALLEL UNIVERSE???

CloakNNNdagger
06-05-2006, 07:07 AM
I came across this thread at Texans Blitz. It was presented by one of their Moderators and throws out some eirily familiar parallels. Fact or fiction??......I'll let you decided........and maybe some of you can add
your thoughts..............

http://mb4.scout.com/ftexansinsiderfrm12.showMessage?topicID=436.topic

Rightnow
06-05-2006, 07:29 AM
It is very possible, but as the Panther fan pointed out in the thread, we are in a much tougher division of football. A winning season isn't out of the question, but will be difficult.

TEXANRED
06-05-2006, 07:59 AM
I thought George Siefert was coaching in 00/01? Lets hope they don't mirror themselves b/c it was Capers replacement that went 1-15.

I don't think I can go 2-14 and then 1-15. I don't think I could take it.:francis:

TEXANRED
06-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Oh and one more thing, did anyone else notice that we are playing Cleveland on the last day of the season. Its even a home game. Remember what happened the last time we played Cleveland on the last day of the season at home.

El Tejano
06-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah but it basically is saying to hold on because we just might get to the Super Bowl.

Ibar_Harry
06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Yes, it is most interesting. The one thing I would add is that we improved tremendously on both sides of the ball. The additon of Moulds is big as far as the receiver core goes and add in the young man from Cincy. Strangely our strength RB has become our weakness offensively. I like Lundy and think he will do well in our system, but we need a healthy DD to accomplish what Kubiak wants to do.

Everyone expects Kubiak to run, but will he pass more with what we have and surprise everyone. Even the FB's he's picking up are known for catching the ball. We may use the Passing attack as an extension of the running game.

I have said 13-3 and the only think that makes me nervous is DD's health. Other than that I think we are going to surprise everyone in the league. Our defense is going to be sound and worrisome for a lot of teams. I don't buy our conference as being as strong as previous seasons.

Indy will not be what they were, the Jaguars have some big holes and problems and so do the Titans. I think we have a shot at being the conference champs and that will come as a big surprise to most.

Double Barrel
06-05-2006, 10:29 AM
It's a comparison by a stretch. The Panthers had a winning season in year 2 and went to the NFL Championship game.

Carolina never suffered like we Texans fans have already suffered. 18-46 will testify to that!

TexanFan881
06-05-2006, 11:56 AM
We've got some Bronco in us and now some Carolina in us...in two years we will be what the Patriots once were :yahoo: :texflag:

thegr8fan
06-05-2006, 12:08 PM
in two years we will be what the Patriots once were as soon as we copy them and get rid of our first round #1 pick QB and bring in that 'nobody' who seems to be able to find a way to win. :stirpot:

JAXwithanX
06-06-2006, 04:37 AM
as soon as we copy them and get rid of our first round #1 pick QB and bring in that 'nobody' who seems to be able to find a way to win. :stirpot:

You've got a good point Mr. Baker Sr.