PDA

View Full Version : Titan's Website, concerning Vince Young

HoustonianStuckinCali
06-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I have copied a link to this post to the Titans website. There are two reports on May 25 which talk about Vince's progression in the offense. I think many of his detractors will be silenced. http://www.titansonline.com/ Vince is already practicing with the first team something that is very rare for a rookie quarterback. Vince is a perfectionist and he's critical of himself because he wants to be the top QB he knows he can be. There was a misleading post on this board which took Keith Bulluck’s words out of context. On the second clip you can hear Bulluck's opinion of Young straight from his own lips. The clip is entitled Fisher, Bulluck recap latest round of OTA's. So play these links and then tell me what you think.

TwinSisters
06-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I think someone told me two lies now.

Those cheerleaders didn't look like toothless hags or my sister?

TD
06-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Considering the McNair situation, I would be surprised by anything other than glowing reviews on Vince within the organization.

Great video Vinny. Thanks for pointing it out.

TwinSisters
06-02-2006, 04:05 PM
The best thing on that page is the Remembing the Oilers: Earl Campbell video from the NFL films collection. That's well worth clicking on if you are young and never really saw him play...or an old guy like me remembering the greatest. It's been around for quite a while so it's nothing new...if you want to see something new.

No they just updated again... with a story about Young promoting Dell products for kids... in Tennesse. OOoooo air... I need air... breath ... take ... deep breath.

first I have to watch Earl on a Titans site, then I have to see Dell on a Titan's site.

Whatever did I do to deserve this? I said I am sorry for taking the Pastor's daughter to the prom like a hundred times!!!

just kidding.

It does irk me a little though.
---

On a serious note: All those guys talking about how Vince would only destroy our team's chemistry are looking pretty good right now. Doesn't even look like they are going to give Volek a fighting chance. I hope we pick him up on waivers next season ( Volek that is ).

Tale Gator
06-02-2006, 04:25 PM
On a serious note: All those guys talking about how Vince would only destroy our team's chemistry are looking pretty good right now. Doesn't even look like they are going to give Volek a fighting chance. I hope we pick him up on waivers next season ( Volek that is ).

Yeah, I don't understand why the Titans seem down on Volek -- all the guy did was tear it up everytime he got a chance to play. Seemed to be a very solid QB IMHO.

TD
06-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Volek = Commander Cody

I liked Cody Carlson and thought he could have been a good QB if he weren't so fragile. I can't remember him playing two consecutive games without getting hurt.

TwinSisters
06-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Well to be honest I have not seen a single down that Volek has played. Maybe I saw him in a few PAC-10 games, but I sure don't remember him. ( and maybe some highlights, but I didn't pay attention )

Carlson however I do.

What do you get when you mix Baylor, Glanville, Oiler, and Herzeg together?

There is no way Volek is that inert and volatile at the same time.

CoachJim
06-03-2006, 08:35 AM
:offtopic

I'll tell ya whats sweet ... they have a live screensaver that we need on our site. It updates itself with news, pix & other stuff.

Kaiser Toro
06-03-2006, 08:48 AM
The best thing on that page is the Remembing the Oilers: Earl Campbell video from the NFL films collection. That's well worth clicking on if you are young and never really saw him play...or an old guy like me remembering the greatest. It's been around for quite a while so it's nothing new...if you want to see something new.

Would you be so kind to alert me to where in the heck that is on their website?

I find myself becoming a gruff middle aged man when it comes to finding things on web pages. :)

Lucky
06-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Would you be so kind to alert me to where in the heck that is on their website?

You have to scroll down in the multimedia section. The clip is dated 05.22.06 and is just under 5 minutes long in the Real Movie format.

One of Campbell's best runs isn't shown. It was a Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas where Earl runs outside, freezes the Cowboys All-Pro FS Cliff Harris on a juke, and goes 63 yards untouched. The guy had power and moves. That Tennessee tries to claim Earl as their own makes me ill. The guy's a Texas legend, for crying outloud.

StarStruck
06-03-2006, 08:37 PM

I'll tell ya whats sweet ... they have a live screensaver that we need on our site. It updates itself with news, pix & other stuff.

That is sweet. I have one of the Cowboys as my screensaver. Another thing I thought was nice are the license plate magnet giveaways that display the team logo. They really looked nice on the car doors before and after the games as well as the refrigerator:crutch: . I prefer those to T-Shirts and football cards.

TwinSisters
06-03-2006, 09:11 PM
One of Campbell's best runs isn't shown. It was a Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas where Earl runs outside, freezes the Cowboys All-Pro FS Cliff Harris on a juke, and goes 63 yards untouched. The guy had power and moves. That Tennessee tries to claim Earl as their own makes me ill. The guy's a Texas legend, for crying outloud.

Yeah Cliff Harris wrote a chapter in his book about that!

I couldn't find a clip of the run or even pictures, but I did find this SI article
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/centurys_best/news/1999/10/06/nfl_allcentury_team/

It's from Zimmerman ( who's kinda the Football guru, even with his old school slant )

Cliff Harris is not only All-Pro, but All-Century. So that kinda accents the comment a bit.
---

I am going to be in Austin in a month or two. I am thinking I am going to stop by the grounds and see how feasible it is to get a statue of Earl built at one of the roadside parks on I-30. It would be nice to have Earl greet visitors from Tennesse... and of course bid them safe tidings on their way home too.

It might work if nobody catches on too quickly.

infantrycak
06-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Cliff Harris is not only All-Pro, but All-Century. So that kinda accents the comment a bit.

Yup. Cliff Harris was fantastic--a terminator out there. Saw an interview once with him and Charlie Waters. Waters gave all the credit for his interceptions to people being scared of Harris. Interestingly, Harris was undrafted but beat draft pick Waters out initially--they ended up as such a great duo they have a website www.cliffandcharlie.com together. Harris should be in the Hall of Fame.

HOOK'EM
06-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Bottom line is VY is strugglin' learning the playbook.That is why Bud is having to go after another vet. QB, hey already said they dont want to force him onto the feild too early. So, when ever VY is ready to play, 07' or '08' the Texans will be ready for him!:texflag:

Tale Gator
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM
With McNair gone the Titans clearly have a great deal of trust in the abilities of Young to master the play book.

Double Barrel
06-08-2006, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Vinny! :thumbup

Earl was, by far, my greatest childhood hero. He was like a real life superhero to me, and definitely the reason I really started watching football with a passion.

I know he was never a Houston Texan, but I'd have no problem if the team just retired number 34 out of respect for his legacy and the fans. NOBODY will ever be able to wear that number in a Houston football uniform and fill those shoes. He was one of a kind.

texan279
06-10-2006, 12:46 AM
from www.kffl.com

Titans | Volek to start; Young to see time
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:52:43 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of the Associated Press, reports the trade of QB Steve McNair to the Baltimore Ravens will allow for Tennessee Titans QB Billy Volek to become the team's starting quarterback, but QB Vince Young should expect to see some snaps as well. "Let's face it. You're going to see (No.) 10 on the field this year," Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said. "Where and when and how, I can't be specific, but you're going to see him on the field at some point."

HOOK'EM
06-10-2006, 01:33 PM
VY, welcome to Super Mario World!:mario:

Texans_Chick
06-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Vinny! :thumbup

Earl was, by far, my greatest childhood hero. He was like a real life superhero to me, and definitely the reason I really started watching football with a passion.

I know he was never a Houston Texan, but I'd have no problem if the team just retired number 34 out of respect for his legacy and the fans. NOBODY will ever be able to wear that number in a Houston football uniform and fill those shoes. He was one of a kind.

I've met lots of sports figures, including a lot of hall of fame types. Meeting Earl for even a brief time completely freaked me out. His thighs were just beyond human comprehension. Earl was one of the few sports figures who looked bigger to me in person than he did on TV.

Tale Gator
06-11-2006, 10:26 AM
from www.kffl.com

Titans | Volek to start; Young to see time
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:52:43 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of the Associated Press, reports the trade of QB Steve McNair to the Baltimore Ravens will allow for Tennessee Titans QB Billy Volek to become the team's starting quarterback, but QB Vince Young should expect to see some snaps as well. "Let's face it. You're going to see (No.) 10 on the field this year," Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said. "Where and when and how, I can't be specific, but you're going to see him on the field at some point."

Looks like Volek will get his chance, but wow we will be seeing lots of VY in his first year.

DenverBorn
06-12-2006, 09:47 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20060611-9999-1s11trotter.html

We are going to regret not drafting this guy -

HOOK'EM
06-12-2006, 10:15 PM
........we'll be just fine DenverBorn, we'll see how soon he starts and how long that last.

Nighthawk
06-13-2006, 09:21 PM
A number of people here said that Vince Young was going to be something like the Michael Jordan of the QB position, and that for that reason alone we should draft him.

While there's no question that we had a good draft and that the team has taken a turn for the better since GK arrived, skipping Young was a serious mistake.

Carr will be OK, and the team will be OK, but we will certainly regret passing on VY, just like the guy said.

I just hope all the smart guys here remember what they said about VY when Vince is ripping up the league, whether this year, next year, or some other year. People are going to have to eat an awful lot of crow.

Nighthawk
06-13-2006, 09:23 PM
That Tennessee tries to claim Earl as their own makes me ill. The guy's a Texas legend, for crying outloud.

Lest you forget, the Titans ARE the Oilers. Earl belongs to them, not us. Alas.

Revolution
06-13-2006, 09:36 PM

Earl never played in Tennesse. He is the Tyler Rose and he belongs to Houston, no matter the tacks kept the record book.

Hulk75
06-13-2006, 10:39 PM
A number of people here said that Vince Young was going to be something like the Michael Jordan of the QB position, and that for that reason alone we should draft him.

While there's no question that we had a good draft and that the team has taken a turn for the better since GK arrived, skipping Young was a serious mistake.

Carr will be OK, and the team will be OK, but we will certainly regret passing on VY, just like the guy said.

I just hope all the smart guys here remember what they said about VY when Vince is ripping up the league, whether this year, next year, or some other year. People are going to have to eat an awful lot of crow.
We will see wont we............I personally think he was the 4th best QB that came out this year. He is much slower then Vick and Vick has a better and more accurate arm, so there must have been another reason for drafting the guy. I think it was the owners call, I do not think that Chow and these coaches wanted Vince as bad as the owner did, but I do wish him luck, I dont hate the guy. You cant take away what he did in college but the learning curve is going to be big for this guy, more then any other QB as of late.
What will get him out of trouble sometimes are his legs but he cant count on them every play like he did in college.

texan279
06-13-2006, 10:53 PM

Check the record and stat books and next to Earl's name you'll see Houston, not Tennessee, Earl will always belong to Houston, he never played as a Titan or in Tennessee.

TwinSisters
06-14-2006, 01:56 AM
It wouldn't matter what the stats say even IF they claimed the Oilers.

Jim Brown is not a Raven. Johnny Unitas is not Indianapolis Raven.

Jim Brown is a Cleveland Brown, Johnny Unitas is a Baltimore Colt, and Earl Campbell is a Houston Oiler.

A bottle of air is not beer by writing "Beer" on the outside. It's still an empty bottle. It was beer, will always remain as 'had beer', but is now gone. Empty, dry, and hollow inside... never to be filled again.

I think I am going to cry now.

texan279
06-14-2006, 02:25 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20060611-9999-1s11trotter.html

We are going to regret not drafting this guy -

LINK (http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=3788)

Now, the Titans are planning on installing a "Vince Young Package," one that would include the option and force opposing defenses to have to prepare for more than just Tennesee's basic offensive attack.

It would not be a difficult offense for Young to learn. At Texas, Young ran the "option read," in which he would watch the defensive end, then decide whether to hand the football to his running back or carry it himself. It is how he transformed himself into college football's most dangerous quarterback.

No NFL team is thought to have used the option for about 20 years, since around the time Young was born.

TEXANRED
06-14-2006, 10:10 AM

No I wont.

A running QB that has a side arm release, a sub par offensive line, no running game, and no one to throw the ball to.

This isn't college. Vince will not lift up the Titans onto his shoulders like he did Texas. Fact is no running QB has ever won a championship other than Steve Young. That wasen't b/c Young was fantastic, but b/c that was a good team.

I hope, and I pray, the Titans really do run the option. Young has more than just the end to worry about. He has the tackles to worry about, the linebackers to worry about the backside persuit to worry about, and God forbid if he does make it to the second level, cus Drob will knock him out(cus that is what his momma told him to do). Young runs a 4.65 40. Not impressive on the pro level. I would hope for a quicker QB to run the option in the NFL. Maybe this is a sign as to the level of comprehension. All Young can do is run the option.

I dred the day ten years from now when Young fianlly beats the Texans in a meaningful game and thats when all the "We should have drafted Young" people crawl out of the wood work.

powerfuldragon
06-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Vince can run as many options as he wants... He should just know that if he decides to run, opposing defenses will be looking for blood.

El Tejano
06-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Like I said. Wanna beat the option? Hit the QB no matter what. Oh and didn't Slash run the option?

real
06-14-2006, 11:24 AM
You guys are acting like young will get harder than anyone else...

HOOK'EM
06-19-2006, 05:14 AM
.........tell it like it is TEXANRED!:texflag:

wicked_wayz
06-19-2006, 07:25 AM
No I wont.

This isn't college. Vince will not lift up the Titans onto his shoulders like he did Texas. Fact is no running QB has ever won a championship other than Steve Young. That wasen't b/c Young was fantastic, but b/c that was a good team.

he is the most accurate QB ever, inducted into the hall of fame last year.....and hes not fantastic????????:confused:

geofb
06-19-2006, 07:56 AM
We will see wont we............I personally think he was the 4th best QB that came out this year. He is much slower then Vick and Vick has a better and more accurate arm, so there must have been another reason for drafting the guy. I think it was the owners call, I do not think that Chow and these coaches wanted Vince as bad as the owner did, but I do wish him luck, I dont hate the guy. You cant take away what he did in college but the learning curve is going to be big for this guy, more then any other QB as of late.
What will get him out of trouble sometimes are his legs but he cant count on them every play like he did in college.

Good points. Everyone on the Titans coaching staff wanted Leinart instead of Young. But Bud got what he wanted. Thank you Bud Adams.

Lucky
06-19-2006, 08:23 AM
he is the most accurate QB ever, inducted into the hall of fame last year.....and hes not fantastic????????:confused:
Steve Young was a fantastic QB. But in the season he led the Niners to the Super Bowl (1994), Young actually had fewer rushing yards (293) than David Carr did last season (308). Steve did it with his arm, throwing 35 TDs and just under 4000 yards with 70% completions. BTW, Young's QB coach that season was a guy named Gary Kubiak.

thunderkyss
06-19-2006, 09:41 AM
---

Now that's just silly. Well after we paid David Carr $8mill to learn to play football like a pro......... yeah it didn't make sense to draft Vince.

& I am totally happy, with the way our draft turned out.....

But this to me, is more of a statement to all those yahoos, that say Vince will need to sit for 2 years....... some people have even said 4 years on the bench, which is ridiculous(sp).

I'm also not a fan of starting any rookie QB week 1..... Even "Mr NFL Ready" Matt Lienart would have rode the bench(actually I want them in my hip pocket for the first 4 or 5 games prior to starting). But I beleive it's up to Vince, whether he starts any games in 2006.

I think many people are undersestimating his ability to throw the football, and manage an offense. They see things like a shotgun formation, and one read and run, and all that, and say,"well he's got a lot to learn" But they don't see, that after that one read, his protection is breaking down.... after he breaks the pocket, he's still looking downfield..... many times completing a pass, moving the offense. They don't see that while he's running (to his right) with people hanging on his ankle, dodging defenders, he still has the poise, and composure to sell a pump-fake...... Texas also ran a lot of no-huddles, and Vince was asked to make a lot of decisions.....

I've seen him do a lot more, during game time, than a lot of people are willing to give him credit for.

Hulk75
06-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Steve Young was a fantastic QB. But in the season he led the Niners to the Super Bowl (1994), Young actually had fewer rushing yards (293) than David Carr did last season (308). Steve did it with his arm, throwing 35 TDs and just under 4000 yards with 70% completions. BTW, Young's QB coach that season was a guy named Gary Kubiak.
That is why I am not worried ONE BIT about what Kubiak is going to do for Carr, no doubt he is a Pro-Bowler this year.

WWJD
06-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Vince will do well.

He always has.

thunderkyss
06-19-2006, 11:02 AM
From what I hear Young is blowing people away in camp. So much for the "he is too stupid to grasp a pro offense" stuff. Volek won't play much this year imo.

Of course, I don't make those decisions. but you can only tell so much in OTAs, mini-camps and such. I still wouldn't make that decision, until I have some time to go over games, with Vince as they are happening, and getting him some time in a real game........ If I were Fisher, and the question ever came up, "We are all pleased with the progress Vince is making.... he's really surprised us with his football knowledge as much as he has with what he is able to do on the field. But right now the plan is to start Volek throughout the year. I think Vince is putting himself into position to be our first option, which is all we can really expect from him right now."

But, if Vince can do what we(supporters) think he can do, I'd be praying for Volek to get an in-grown toe-nail.

Hulk75
06-19-2006, 11:25 AM
I've noticed a lot of posters who were beating up the VY crowd don't even post anymore since many of them brow beat us to death with the 'Vince is falling like a rock' posts. Many of them just hung on to rumor and gossip and 3rd party opinion instead of giving an honest assessment of Young's talent.

From what I hear Young is blowing people away in camp. So much for the "he is too stupid to grasp a pro offense" stuff. Volek won't play much this year imo.
Thats what I have been saying, Billy slips up one time Bud will be makeing the call down to Jeff for VY even if he is not ready.

We will have to take your word for it:cool: ,JK.
I am sure he is doing what they ask of him, he is a rookie and this will be a hard year for him, if he just works his tail end off he will be fine.

But that does not mean I dont want this to happen...

Mario:fireball: :bowser: VY.:cool:

TwinSisters
06-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Now that's just silly. Well after we paid David Carr $8mill to learn to play football like a pro......... yeah it didn't make sense to draft Vince.

What's silly?

powerfuldragon
06-19-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm sure vince young is a great qb... i just don't like him.

TEXANRED
06-19-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm sure vince young is a great qb... i just don't like him.
I agree with that.

Vince Young is a Titan, and like all other Titans, they are doomed to follow there leader Bud Adams into the seventh cirlce of Hell.:evilb:

Go Texans!:logo:

HOOK'EM
06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey Vinny,
The only thing getting blown away at Titans camp is V. Young, by that playbook.:redtowel:

TEXANRED
06-19-2006, 01:25 PM
I hear he has looked great with the veterans. They have been impressed with his knowledge of the offense to date.
I should hope so, he only has two plays, option left and option right.:)

thunderkyss
06-19-2006, 02:34 PM
What's silly?

I think it's silly to think drafting Vince would tear up our locker room. I do agree it signaled bad things to come for David Carr. But from my point of view, we should have just let Carr go, and draft Vince....... No David in the locker room, no team to be torn apart.

But still, even had we drafted Vince, after extending David's contract, if Kubiak couldn't keep things under control in the locker room, then we don't really need Kubiak.

now I'm not trying to bring up old arguements, about what we could've done, and what we should've done. I'm just arguing those points.

I'm very happy with our QB, our draft, and our future.

TEXANRED
06-19-2006, 02:40 PM
I find your insight deep and compelling.
I try.:) :hides:

Double Barrel
06-19-2006, 06:22 PM
I've noticed a lot of posters who were beating up the VY crowd don't even post anymore since many of them brow beat us to death with the 'Vince is falling like a rock' posts. Many of them just hung on to rumor and gossip and 3rd party opinion instead of giving an honest assessment of Young's talent.

If I was a spiteful person, I'd encourage you to write those names down for future ridicule....errr..."usage". But I'm not, so I won't.

I'm not surprised to hear that Young is blowing people away in camp. I think any rookie QB is going to have their struggles with the complexities of a new NFL playbook, so that's pretty much a given. But Young's poise under pressure and leadership skills are what's going to really carry him far, because he'll use that talent of his to great ends.

I'm half looking forward/half dreading Vince Young in a few years. On the one hand, what a player to look forward to as an NFL fan! But on the other, I've got to grip that my hometown team has it's act together and rises to meet the challenges of playing such a dynamic player.

cuppacoffee
06-19-2006, 07:50 PM

I decided months ago to quit responding to Young posts. Not because I dislike him or question his manhood. I got fed up with all the orangebloods who swamped the board declaring his omnipotence. I'll probably regret responding now.

From what I hear Young is blowing people away in camp. So much for the "he is too stupid to grasp a pro offense" stuff.

Doesn't this equate to : "rumor and gossip and 3rd party opinion" at this point in time? He hasn't played a down of pro ball yet.

Just wondering.

:coffee:

TwinSisters
06-19-2006, 08:01 PM
I think it's silly to think drafting Vince would tear up our locker room. I do agree it signaled bad things to come for David Carr. But from my point of view, we should have just let Carr go, and draft Vince....... No David in the locker room, no team to be torn apart.

But still, even had we drafted Vince, after extending David's contract, if Kubiak couldn't keep things under control in the locker room, then we don't really need Kubiak.

now I'm not trying to bring up old arguements, about what we could've done, and what we should've done. I'm just arguing those points.

Ah okay gotcha. I don't agree though. I am not so sure I would say it is silly either :D Silly is like watching teletubbies play football or something like that.

Actually I do agree though if your reasoning is to chuck Carr.

It was never going to happen in hindsight. It would look silly to have two #1 over all draft picks on the roster while your defense is getting run over. It's not like Kubiak is known for turning no-name defenses into killing machines. Plus Casserly would have had to admit to failure, its not like he is going to do that. Kubiak snuggled him until the day he left.

Also asking Kubiak to control a rabid lunatic retinue is too much. You were here for the draft, so you know how crazy his followers are. ( not that I didn't like it...cuz I did. It was like being in the middle of a tornado without having to worry about your eyes being put out by sub-sonic pine needles. Very cool. )

thunderkyss
06-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm half looking forward/half dreading Vince Young in a few years. On the one hand, what a player to look forward to as an NFL fan! But on the other, I've got to grip that my hometown team has it's act together and rises to meet the challenges of playing such a dynamic player.

I think Vince will be better than anyone could imagine....... but I don't fear him. He is after all only one man.... no one is perfect, Peyton, Donavan, Culpepper, they all loose games every now and again. Aikman, Montana, Young.... they all loose. They could have perfect games... they could dominate...... but it is still a team game.

MorKnolle
06-19-2006, 10:12 PM

Actually in terms of completion percentage I believe Daunte Culpepper is currently #1 followed by Kurt Warner. Steve Young is still one of the all-time greats and I was a 49ers fan back at that time, but just wanted to throw that out there.

infantrycak
06-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Actually in terms of completion percentage I believe Daunte Culpepper is currently #1 followed by Kurt Warner. Steve Young is still one of the all-time greats and I was a 49ers fan back at that time, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Kurt Warner 65.7%, Daunte Culpepper 64.4%, Steve Young 64.3%.

Nighthawk
06-19-2006, 10:47 PM
I think Vince will be better than anyone could imagine....... but I don't fear him. He is after all only one man.... no one is perfect, Peyton, Donavan, Culpepper, they all loose games every now and again. Aikman, Montana, Young.... they all loose. They could have perfect games... they could dominate...... but it is still a team game.

I don't fear him either, but I regret that the Texans will not be what they might have been had we selected VY. People here still think he's going to be just another good QB. I think he's going to be football's Michael Jordan. He'll be great to watch.

HOOK'EM
06-20-2006, 10:48 AM
VY's a punk and couldn't even hold Carr's jockstrap!

HOOK'EM
06-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Nighthawk, you better hold off and keep that Titans VY jersey in the closet for now.

real
06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
VY's a punk and couldn't even hold Vicks jockstrap!

Thats an odd comment for someone with the handle hook'em...:rolleyes:

Double Barrel
06-20-2006, 10:59 AM

Just for clarification, man, I never used the term "fear" with Vince Young. My wording was "half dread", and will remain that way until our Texans actually post a winning season. :ok:

Sure all the QBs you mentioned lose games....just not to the Texans. ;)

I'm not dissin' our team, but hey, I just call it like I see it. We are a bottom-dweller until they prove otherwise. I'm not delusional enough to get past that little nugget of information. I do like fresh koolaide, though, so I'm optimistic that this is the season.

HOOK'EM
06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
xtruroyaltyx, how is HOOK'EM odd when our logo is a BULL? I'm definitely not talking about the longhorns. Just use your head a lil', this is the TEXANS message board!