PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Buchanon wiffing on the tackle

jparrish
06-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Does anybody have a link to a video of this? I heard it was extremely obvious, but I never got to see it.

AFD1717
06-01-2006, 08:30 PM
My therapist and I were finally able to get that image out of my head. I don't want to see it again.

Seņor Stan
06-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Does anybody have a link to a video of this? I heard it was extremely obvious, but I never got to see it.

No, but I did find this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ZhnhTyLUQ&search=phillip%20buchanon

hollywood_texan
06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Coleman did the exact same at the same area of field against Kansas City. I believe it was Larry Johnson and he was going to lay the wood on Coleman, he bailed out.

Both of them happened in front of the Bull Pen inside the 10.

I would like to see both of those clips and compare the similarties.

jparrish
06-01-2006, 09:00 PM
I just don't see how a player can be that selfish and be like "hell no, I'm not gonna hit him"

threetoedpete
06-01-2006, 09:51 PM
My therapist and I were finally able to get that image out of my head. I don't want to see it again.
Ah, I swore that I would never mention it again after I read he ran down the coach and was gripping about it. That was good enough for me. Let it go, turn the page. Willie Parker is the real deal. As long as Fanaca is in front of him, P-buc won't be the last one made to look silly. P-buc is never ever going to be a physical corner. JMHO.

Texans86
06-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Ah, I swore that I would never mention it again after I read he ran down the coach and was gripping about it. That was good enough for me. Let it go, turn the page. Willie Parker is the real deal. As long as Fanaca is in front of him, P-buc won't be the last one made to look silly. P-buc is never ever going to be a physical corner. JMHO.

Well that's not really his style (from what I've read, he didn't show much style last year). He's supposed to be a finesse corner, that will take some risks to hit away a ball or get an INT. I think Dieon Sanders was the same way, never too physical, but dang near perfect at finesse.

mexican_texan
06-01-2006, 10:02 PM
No, but I did find this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ZhnhTyLUQ&search=phillip%20buchanon
Wow, real nice moves..

wicked_wayz
06-01-2006, 10:13 PM
whats the heck is wrong with him......i know he's just a corner and all he wants is pass defence or intercepts but he needs to learn how to tackle. he should play rugby league so he can harden up or some one like mario or peek should hit him HARD just so he can get used to the physical side of the game.

in rugby league EVERYONE wants to tackle or atleast try to, ofcourse they probably get bumped of like hell, but they pick themselves up and try again, cause HELL NO are any rugby league players gonna just lay down and make it easier for the runner...

but yeah all buchannon need is a good hit from dunta just to harden him up :redtowel:

Insideop
06-01-2006, 10:27 PM
:dance: My therapist and I were finally able to get that image out of my head. I don't want to see it again.

:dance: = PBuc when the RB is comin at him. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I just wish they had a smilie of a matador w/cape! LOL!

sakebomb
06-01-2006, 10:29 PM
The caption to the right of the video it says:

one of the best punt returners/corners in the NFL, on miami in this video

Now that is funny.

Texans_Chick
06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
I agree with turning the page: blog post on secondary (http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2006/05/how_about_the_secondary_are_th.html).

When CC got PBuc, he got him as a light-hitting cover corner. They knew what they wree getting, and they thought, in his words, they could "coach him up."

They might still can.

People can stay bitter at the cost of acquiring PBuc, but ultimately, those are sunk costs, he is cheap to keep, he has demonstrated embarrassment about the ole, and its now a new year.

Let's wish him the best and hope the new season puts him in a better position to succeed. That is one of Kubiak's mantras--putting players in positions that they can excel and giving them confidence that their hardwork will lead to good results. Who can argue with that?

Sportsfan
06-02-2006, 09:20 AM

LMAO!

Hulk75
06-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I think with Buc he had some really BAD coaching in Oakland, and some of it effected him menatly.........If he can get over it and learn his technique, cause Hoke is the best at it, I think we will see plenty of highlight films from him.

Texan in Japan
06-02-2006, 12:01 PM
He should be much more effective this year with an improved pass rush and better run defense by the front 7.

powerfuldragon
06-02-2006, 12:08 PM
if i see him wiff another tackle, i'm calling him P Suck.

thunderkyss
06-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Even if he leads the league in INTs?? INTs returned for touchdowns?? Punt Returns returned for touchdowns??

I understand it's bad to avoid contact, when you're the last guy..... but that means 9 other guys...... 9 guys whose job is to stop Larry Johnson, or Willie Parker screwed up as well.

I'm not trying to defend Buchanon....... but... I'd like to see him get the opportunity to do what he was brought here to do.....

hollywood_texan
06-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Well that's not really his style (from what I've read, he didn't show much style last year). He's supposed to be a finesse corner, that will take some risks to hit away a ball or get an INT. I think Dieon Sanders was the same way, never too physical, but dang near perfect at finesse.

Buchannon is no way near the play of Deion, who was a shut down corner.

Nice try.

jparrish
06-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Even if he leads the league in INTs?? INTs returned for touchdowns?? Punt Returns returned for touchdowns??

I understand it's bad to avoid contact, when you're the last guy..... but that means 9 other guys...... 9 guys whose job is to stop Larry Johnson, or Willie Parker screwed up as well.

I'm not trying to defend Buchanon....... but... I'd like to see him get the opportunity to do what he was brought here to do.....

It's actually 10 other guys....

thunderkyss
06-03-2006, 12:04 AM
It's actually 10 other guys....

Nah..... DRob was doing his job.. you know that.

mexican_texan
06-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Buchannon is no way near the play of Deion, who was a shut down corner.

Nice try.
He's not comparing them, read it again. He's saying they're both finesse corners.

Texans86
06-03-2006, 12:58 AM
He's not comparing them, read it again. He's saying they're both finesse corners.

I'm glad you caught what I was saying.

Waltman
06-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Yeah, but Sanders was able to lock up a whole side of the field also. You were able to look over that fact that he shyed away from contact. He was that good in pass coverage. When you shy away from contact and do so so in pass coverage it kinda puts a spot light on you. :hides:

mexican_texan
06-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey he looked like Reggie Bush.:whip: :bananasplit:

lol
Dare I say it...better than Bush.

TexanFan881
06-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Dare I say it...better than Bush.

How can you say that! Nobody is better than Reggie Bush! :sarcasm: