PDA

View Full Version : Babin out?

bulldawgtexan
05-27-2006, 03:56 PM
There is talk on the Dolphins website concerning the chance that Babin might be let go because of not fitting in with the new defensive scheme. They are saying that he would fit perfectly with the Capers Miamil defense. Any chance this might happen?

texan279
05-27-2006, 04:00 PM
The guy played a 4-3 DE in college so I am pretty sure he'd be able to make the adjustment back to the 4-3. IMO he should fit better in the 4-3 than he did in the 3-4. With Capers over there now and being the offseason they'll probably say this about half of our defensive guys that were brought in under Capers.

Texans34Life
05-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Man, that would really suck. Releasing him after wasting high draft picks to get him.

thunderkyss
05-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I like Peek..... but I find it odd that he is getting more reps than Babin right now.

Dime
05-27-2006, 04:58 PM
I dont believe this at all, and no link.. useless.

nunusguy
05-27-2006, 05:00 PM
The guy played a 4-3 DE in college so I am pretty sure he'd be able to make the adjustment back to the 4-3. IMO he should fit better in the 4-3 than he did in the 3-4. With Capers over there now and being the offseason they'll probably say this about half of our defensive guys that were brought in under Capers.
Babin was drafted by a 3-4 team, not a 4-3. He is what they call a tweener,
meaning he's a little smallish to be a 4-3 DE. He's trying to get bigger for our
4-3, but I saw a picture of him this week in the Chronicle and lets just say he looked like Travis Johnson Jr. if you know what I mean. In other words, he just doesn't carry 270 very well.
OK. His best bet might be with another 3-4 team and maybe someone like his
origional NFL sponser, Dom Capers, would be intersted if he can't make it here. Assuming they are running the 3-4 in Miami ?
Dang, if Kubiak loses interest in him, I would hope they could get something for him. A 6th or 7th round pick ? He is saddled with a big cap number
though.

texan279
05-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I dont believe this at all, and no link.. useless.

I found it at the Dolphin's message board, but it's just some guys saying that if somehow Babin became available that Capers should bring him to Miami, and we would be stupid if we cut him, blah blah blah. There is not even a rumor posted over there about us releasing him, just that they think he would fit perfect over there in Caper's defense. All just fan speculation and discussion over there.

texan279
05-27-2006, 05:07 PM
meaning he's a little smallish to be a 4-3 DE. He's trying to get bigger for our
4-3, but I saw a picture of him this week in the Chronicle and lets just say he looked like Travis Johnson Jr. if you know what I mean. In other words, he just doesn't carry 270 very well.
origional NFL sponser, Dom Capers, would be intersted if he can't make it here. Assuming they are running the 3-4 in Miami ?
Dang, if Kubiak loses interest in him, I would hope they could get something for him. A 6th or 7th round pick ? He is saddled with a big cap number
though.

He was considered a tweener after he dropped 20 pounds to become quicker for the draft. He played at 280 in college and was a beast in college. Babin at 280 in college http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/texan279/img7453283.jpg
Babin at 270 now http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/texan279/DSC_0119.jpg

I swear some of you see one pic of a guy with no pads on and and then he's labeled fat, out of shape, or a bust....

baba ganoush
05-27-2006, 05:27 PM
He was considered a tweener after he dropped 20 pounds to become quicker for the draft. He played at 280 in college and was a beast in college. Babin at 280 in college http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/texan279/img7453283.jpg
Babin at 270 now http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/texan279/DSC_0119.jpg

I swear some of you see one pic of a guy with no pads on and and then he's labeled fat, out of shape, or a bust....

he was a beast in college but who did he play against???

tsip
05-27-2006, 05:48 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=143703

LORK 88
05-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Until i see a link that shows that this is more than speculation, I shall treat it as just that.

mexican_texan
05-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Who did he play WITH?

texan279
05-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Until i see a link that shows that this is more than speculation, I shall treat it as just that.

This is all speculation and Dolphin fan gossip...

texan279
05-27-2006, 06:27 PM

Which teams did Mario Williams rack up his stats against?

thunderkyss
05-27-2006, 06:46 PM
though.

Right now, He's bigger than Jevon Kearse.... Dwight Freeney..... Gbaja-Biamala, & John Abraham...... he had to loose weight to become a 3-4 DE.

Peek is more of true tweener than Babin.

SESupergenius
05-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Peek is just not as smart as Babin, Babin was the better 3-4 player. Peek has everthing going for him last year but still didn't impress me like he should of when he was handed the ROLB spot. I expected more out of him after year 3.

texan279
05-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Right now, He's bigger than Jevon Kearse.... Dwight Freeney..... Gbaja-Biamala, & John Abraham...... he had to loose weight to become a 3-4 DE.

Peek is more of true tweener than Babin.

Agreed, there are several great DE's in the NFL in the 250-265 pound range, which is why I coudln't understand why people in the past have said Babin needed to gain weight to play the DE spot or that he was too small to play DE.

texan279
05-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Peek is just not as smart as Babin, Babin was the better 3-4 player. Peek has everthing going for him last year but still didn't impress me like he should of when he was handed the ROLB spot. I expected more out of him after year 3.

Agreed, Peek has the motor and the physical ability, but I think he is lacking the mental discipline and restraint.

nunusguy
05-27-2006, 07:41 PM
You need to get that other picture in that article 279, because that's where
Jason looks like a Samurai Guy who is about ready to have triplets. It's not
becoming !
I'm tellin you pardner, this guy can't play at 270 unless it's as a fat boy in a hot dog eating contest. He's just not 4-3 DE material.
Now IMO if he's got a future in the NFL its as a 250 pounder OLB in the 3-4 where he might land someplace where he can make a contribution and have a job.

texan279
05-27-2006, 07:50 PM
becoming !
I'm tellin you pardner, this guy can't play at 270 unless it's as a fat boy in a hot dog eating contest. He's just not 4-3 DE material.
Now IMO if he's got a future in the NFL its as a 250 pounder OLB in the 3-4 where he might land someplace where he can make a contribution and have a job.

He sure did a hell of a job in college playing at 280 though...guess that was all a fluke...

nunusguy
05-27-2006, 08:01 PM
He sure did a hell of a job in college playing at 280 though...guess that was all a fluke...
That was Western Michigan, not the NFL.
Below is from a thread found elsewhere on this website:
"Houston Texans DE Jason Babin is a former 1st-round draft choice who is scheduled to make nearly $1.3M this season. For the past two seasons he has been a fixture in the Texans 3-4 defense at OLB, a position that takes advantage of his outstanding athleticism and pass rush ability. But new head coach Gary Kubiak is installing a 4-3 scheme that will force Babin to move to DE and play with his hand down. Thatís not his strength, and at 6-3, 252, he lacks the size and bulk to play in the trenches in that kind of defense. As a result, he is listed as the 3rd RDE on the teamís depth chart. The Texans donít figure to pay that kind of money to a player who doesnít figure to be even a primary backup, and arenít likely to keep him around if he doesnít fit what they plan to do on defense. Heís a young, talented player who would be an excellent fit for the Jets new defensive scheme."
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show_article?short_name=news&article_id=715

texan279
05-27-2006, 08:16 PM
That was Western Michigan, not the NFL.
Below is from a thread found elsewhere on this website:
"Houston Texans DE Jason Babin is a former 1st-round draft choice who is scheduled to make nearly $1.3M this season. For the past two seasons he has been a fixture in the Texans 3-4 defense at OLB, a position that takes advantage of his outstanding athleticism and pass rush ability. But new head coach Gary Kubiak is installing a 4-3 scheme that will force Babin to move to DE and play with his hand down. Thatís not his strength, and at 6-3, 252, he lacks the size and bulk to play in the trenches in that kind of defense. As a result, he is listed as the 3rd RDE on the teamís depth chart. The Texans donít figure to pay that kind of money to a player who doesnít figure to be even a primary backup, and arenít likely to keep him around if he doesnít fit what they plan to do on defense. Heís a young, talented player who would be an excellent fit for the Jets new defensive scheme."
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show_article?short_name=news&article_id=715

It has already been figured out that whoever wrote that article has no clue what they are talking about. Babin played with his hand down in college in the 4-3 and had more success there than he has had in the NFL standing in the 3-4. And I myself have never seen Babin listed under 259, in fact I thought as of now he was up to almost 270?

Number19
05-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Babin...is what they call a tweener,
4-3, but I saw a picture of him this week in the Chronicle and lets just say he looked like Travis Johnson Jr. if you know what I mean. In other words, he just doesn't carry 270 very well. ...Babin is a little shorter than most DE's, although an inch taller than Freeney. As for his weight, he's right there with most of the top rated players at the weak side DE position. Here's a recent photo : http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photogallery/Preseason/2006-05-18-PlayerPractice/Photos/DSC_0121_1.JPG
(edit) I've tried and failed. Can someone explain how to post the photo directly into my post?

thunderkyss
05-27-2006, 09:51 PM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photogallery/Preseason/2006-05-18-PlayerPractice/Photos/DSC_0121_1.JPG

above the window, where you type your reply...... click on the little "portrait" with the mountains and the moon(??) then paste the shortcut of your image in the field that pops up......... viola.......

texan279
05-27-2006, 09:54 PM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photogallery/Preseason/2006-05-18-PlayerPractice/Photos/DSC_0121_1.JPG

above the window, where you type your reply...... click on the little "portrait" with the mountains and the moon(??) then paste the shortcut of your image in the field that pops up......... viola.......

He doesn't look to be in too bad of shape to me like some say for being this early in camp.

LORK 88
05-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Honestly, Babin looks fine. Hell, how are you supposed to look having 270 pounds on only a 6'2" frame . . . ?

texan279
05-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Honestly, Babin looks fine. Hell, how are you supposed to look having 270 pounds on only a 6'2" frame . . . ?

Exactly. I may be wrong but it seems to me he bulked up his upper body, shoulders, and arms.

Texan in Japan
05-27-2006, 10:15 PM
How do you say? OVER REACTION! We're just in OTAs and we're trying to write guys off (TJ, Babin...). Let's give this a bit more time--say training camp. Some guys take a little time off and gain some weight, but before training camp, that ease off the burgers, fries and pizza...hit the track and come in at a decent weight and with the wind they need to compete for a starting position.

I wouldn't put too much analysis into evaluating guys until the pads go on and the sun heats up. That's when we'll see who the REAL Texans are!

ImSoTexas
05-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Babins draft selection was nothing other than Capers trying to find the next Kevin Green. It was a stupid move & he's a complete bust point blank.

David's Busted Carr
05-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm all for getting rid of him, but not for nothing. If the Dolphins want to give us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him I'd jump on it. Who knows, Capers has always had a hard on for him, maybe he'll overpay for him again to get him in Miami...

And we have no need for him. He can't play linebacker, and with Mario, Weaver, & Peek at DE where does he fit in?

LORK 88
05-27-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm all for getting rid of him, but not for nothing. If the Dolphins want to give us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him I'd jump on it. Who knows, Capers has always had a hard on for him, maybe he'll overpay for him again to get him in Miami...

And we have no need for him. He can't play linebacker, and with Mario, Weaver, & Peek at DE where does he fit in?

Weaver apparently is working at DT as well. And after reading Payne and Robaire are splitting one spot, and with TJ working with the 2nd and 3rd teams, it leaves me to beleive that he might start there for the time being. Peek is a situational rusher, and will battle Babin for the other DE spot from what Im hearing.

YoungTexanFan
05-27-2006, 10:59 PM

Ahead of Peek where the better player goes.

Hervoyel
05-27-2006, 11:02 PM
becoming !

I'm just curious about something man. How come Jason Babin can only be a 250 lb OLB in the 3-4 and not, say for instance a 250-260 pound DE in the 4-3 ala Jason Taylor who's listed as being 6-6 and 255?

Granted Babin is only 6'2" and not 6'6" but I think he'll be given every chance to be an effective DE at whatever weight he plays the position best at.

LORK 88
05-27-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm just curious about something man. How come Jason Babin can only be a 250 lb OLB in the 3-4 and not, say for instance a 250-260 pound DE in the 4-3 ala Jason Taylor who's listed as being 6-6 and 255?

Granted Babin is only 6'2" and not 6'6" but I think he'll be given every chance to be an effective DE at whatever weight he plays the position best at.

Apparently, wingspan and arm extension have alot to do with it. Another big concern about shorter DEs is that they strugle putting on weight, but if Babin was 280 lbs at 6'2" in college, I dont see the problem.

beerlover
05-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Jason Babin came out of College as a DE weighing only 260 not 280 as some have reported. His NFL calling may be as a LB.......................inside. I would like the Texans to work in some reps for him at MLB his sideline to sideline speed has to be greater than Cowart, his OLB experience valuable in coverage and angles to the QB. Leave Peek @ DE his strength is strictly as a pass rusher. Then Babin can fill in as needed.

TEXANS84
05-28-2006, 12:25 AM
They are saying that he would fit perfectly with the Capers Miamil defense. Any chance this might happen?

How would he fit perfectly in Capers defense when he didn't do squat here under Capers?

TK_Gamer
05-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Weaver apparently is working at DT as well. And after reading Payne and Robaire are splitting one spot, and with TJ working with the 2nd and 3rd teams, it leaves me to beleive that he might start there for the time being. Peek is a situational rusher, and will battle Babin for the other DE spot from what Im hearing.
I agree, peek and babin will compete for snaps at the weakside DE spot, probablly like you say, situational. as far as all this talk about undersize DE's I just dont see it. Peek and Babin are both perfect size for pass rushing DE's in a 4-3, they are small for a DE in a 3-4, wich is why they played OLB in the 3-4 scheme. just like Payne, Weaver, and Smith are big enough to play DT in a 4-3 but probably except Payne a little small to play NT in a 3-4 . Mario is big enough to play any line postion in any scheme when you factor in his strength but would be a waste as a NT in a 3-4 where he would allways be double or tripple teamed and negate his speed. hey i have an idea, lets wait till training camp and see who does what ?I do believe that our D-lineman are gonna fit somewhere in a 4-3. better than they fit in the old scheme. time will tell. i just hope TJ gets serious and doesnt end up on the practice squad.

beerlover
05-28-2006, 12:35 AM
i just hope TJ gets serious and doesnt end up on the practice squad.

I keep forgetting the rule on this but I don't believe anyone is eligible for the practice squad other than rookies :cool:

Pretty technical stuff for a beerlover, not to mention rules change on a yearly basis, hopefully all of the Texans former draft picks can adjust and play up to expectations & have a positive impact for Kubiak.

TK_Gamer
05-28-2006, 12:59 AM
I keep forgetting the rule on this but I don't believe anyone is eligible for the practice squad other than rookies :cool:
I couldnt find a good link to the rule but actually any player who hasnt been credited with 2 NFL seasons is eligible for the practice squad, maybe someone can find a link to the exact wording.

texan279
05-28-2006, 01:19 AM

You say we have no need for him, he is overpaid, and he can't play linebacker, why would Miami give us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him if he is so horrible?

DRAMA
05-28-2006, 01:34 AM
Babins draft selection was nothing other than Capers trying to find the next Kevin Green. It was a stupid move & he's a complete bust point blank.

He'll be a 'complete' bust when he busts in a 4-3...he has not had that chance yet.

Maybe since we all know so much, Kubes can just cut him and we can end this thread...WAIT..WHAT? Give him a chance? Let Kubiak decide? WHAT?? Do What?? Wait and see?? Huh???

I do NOT know why everyone whines so much about another man's weight. Jason Babin will play at the EXACT weight that Kubiak wants him to play at or he doesn't play!!! Everyone needs to stop with the belly-fat fantasies and let Kubes decide his weight. "Yeah, but he played at 280 in college....and uhh..."

blah blah blah....He's a DE and he'll play DE and he'll weigh what he weighs.

fini

kingh99
05-28-2006, 03:22 AM
btt

kingh99
05-28-2006, 03:25 AM

You are exactly right sir insomuch as Babin hasn't done anything in the league compared with Greene to this point. Didn't Capers get Greene's services for a while in Carolina? I thought the exact same thing when they reached for this guy. At least he's in shape.

Travis Johnson, oh man. How many busts can Kubiak overcome? I hope the other guys kick his rump into something.

nunusguy
05-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey man, if Babin had Taylor's body fat % he'd probably be 'bout 230 lbs, and
inversely if Taylor had Babin's he'd be 'bout 275 lbs.
Also, were all realizing by now that Jason just doesn't have that fast twitch muscle fiber thing going like maybe Taylor or Peek or the smallish
Mathis at Indy. And I think someone else has also already pointed out in
this thread that at 6' 6" (and I think Jason actually is < 6'2"), somebody like Taylor has not just height but a reach and leverage that Jason doesn't have.

Revolution
05-28-2006, 10:54 AM
It has already been figured out that whoever wrote that article has no clue what they are talking about. Babin played with his hand down in college in the 4-3 and had more success there than he has had in the NFL standing in the 3-4. And I myself have never seen Babin listed under 259, in fact I thought as of now he was up to almost 270?

Thank you for pointing that out. I keep seeing people on here saying that Babin can't play with his hand down. They are obviously getting their information from the Chronic and haven't actually seen him play (probably like the writers in the Chronic). Anyone who says that about him doesn't know what they are saying.

CoastalTexan
05-28-2006, 11:06 AM
We need to chill out on Babin. He got a bad rap last year because our team was horrible and he was hurt, so we were looking for someone to blame. By the end of the year he was looking good and had 2 sacks against Arizona and SF. Thats 4 sacks in the last 3 games. Him and Peek are a good Combo at the RE and Babin would most likely want to stay here in Texas if we still want him cause his exotic hunting ranch in East Texas.:hunter:

Vinny
05-28-2006, 11:39 AM
I donno why you guys are arguing about Dolphins mb speculation.

texan279
05-28-2006, 11:44 AM
I donno why you guys are arguing about Dolphins mb speculation.

I think it's turned more into a discussion on Babin himself than the message board gossip.

CMoak1982
05-28-2006, 01:02 PM
He played at 282 at college and for the combine he slimmed downed to 265 to run a better 40 time. Common knowledge on combine reports

Texans86
05-28-2006, 01:30 PM
This Babin Bashing is getting difficult to bear. Babin played his best ball last year when he put one hand down. You know, like a 4-3 DE. Every once in a while that Fangio "scheme", whatever that was, called for one linebacker to come down and basically make a 4-3 front. Sound familiar? So he didn't learn a completely new postion in less than two years with a nagging injury in the second year. So what? He went from college DE, to LB and now he is transitioning back. It may take some reps in Training camp to get him back into true form, but I trust him. Year three people. He's still learning. He has the instincts of a pass rushing DE, but he actually started to learn how to cover a little, very little, but progress. Now he gets to go after Manning and Leftwich and eventually Young on a regular basis.

This offseason is long and anyone from last season is getting bashed that isn't AJ or D.Rob. I've even heard people bash D.Davis, which is amazing since he's been one of the few bright spots on our team. Training camp is just around the corner, and soon enough these players will really get to fight for postions.

mexican_texan
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
A couple of reporters, as well as myself, have been saying that one cannot call a hybrid, like Babin, a bust until his third year or later. Their game changes completely from college, they have to learn a new position, they have a different view of the game, they have to learn a different part of the playbook, and they have to learn new calls, like the other players on the D. In fact, it might take Babin a couple of games to learn to adjust to playing DE again, just like Mario.

Texans86
05-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Finally, some evidence that the coaches don't hate Babin, and also a confirmation that Babin is currently 6'2" and 271 lbs.

"What I like about him is he's very conscientious," defensive coordinator Richard Smith said. "He's a good athlete, shows tremendous speed at the position. He's able to play with leverage, and I think if you're able to do those things you have a chance to be successful." - MSN

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67071&type=InsideSlant

BigTimeTexanFan
05-29-2006, 01:33 AM
I just can't understand why nobody wants to give this guy a shot. As mentioned MANY times before, he was playing a position he didn't know his entire NFL career. Give him the opportunity to see what he can do as a down lineman. He was very productive in college there. Not once but twice he had a 15 sack season. Even if it was against lesser competition, 30 sacks in two years is impressive, especially since after the first one, defensive coordinators started game planning against him.
Give him a shot!

noxiousdog
05-29-2006, 01:54 AM
I just can't understand why nobody wants to give this guy a shot. As mentioned MANY times before, he was playing a position he didn't know his entire NFL career. Give him the opportunity to see what he can do as a down lineman. He was very productive in college there. Not once but twice he had a 15 sack season. Even if it was against lesser competition, 30 sacks in two years is impressive, especially since after the first one, defensive coordinators started game planning against him.
Give him a shot!

Not only that, he was playing with a hurt shoulder all last year on the strong side and still put up comperable numbers to Peek.

mexican_texan
05-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Not only that, he was playing with a hurt shoulder all last year on the strong side and still put up comperable numbers to Peek.
Oh, that's right! I even heard he could have missed the whole season with that injury.

JAXwithanX
05-29-2006, 03:44 AM
How would he fit perfectly in Capers defense when he didn't do squat here under Capers?

Yeah how did it take this long before someone pointed that out. I was amazed as i was reading through the posts no one had said something.

Thats just ridiculous. He may be on his way out....but it won't be to the Dolphins because of how perfect he would be for Capers.

bigbrewster2000
05-29-2006, 09:07 AM
You are exactly right sir insomuch as Babin hasn't done anything in the league compared with Greene to this point. Didn't Capers get Greene's services for a while in Carolina? I thought the exact same thing when they reached for this guy. At least he's in shape.

Travis Johnson, oh man. How many busts can Kubiak overcome? I hope the other guys kick his rump into something.

OK, Shut Up with the BUST TALK. You don't call any player a bust after 2 seasons or after 1 season for that matter. Most NFL players do not usually reach full potential until their 3rd season and sometimes not until their 4th or 5th season(in some cases). There is a transition period at all levels of Football, very few(almost none) players start everygame in High School or College. Why is that? Transition time and learning. While there are more players in the NFL that seem to start from day 1 the % is still very likely under 40% and in reality much lower. We have not seen any of these guys even play in this system. Instead you jump all over a message board post and a terribly written article for crappy information. Then you call a couple of kids in the league Busts because they haven't started every down. Come on guys TJ was a rookie last year and Babin was HURT!!! If you want to call someone a bust on our team I would say the only guy that qualifies is Philip Buchnon but I won't say that for sure until the middle of this season. So give these kids time you big bunch of pathetic loser Texans haters. (no not every one just the Bust talkers)

wicked_wayz
05-29-2006, 09:19 AM
OK, Shut Up with the BUST TALK. You don't call any player a bust after 2 seasons or after 1 season for that matter. Most NFL players do not usually reach full potential until their 3rd season and sometimes not until their 4th or 5th season(in some cases). There is a transition period at all levels of Football, very few(almost none) players start everygame in High School or College. Why is that? Transition time and learning. While there are more players in the NFL that seem to start from day 1 the % is still very likely under 40% and in reality much lower. We have not seen any of these guys even play in this system. Instead you jump all over a message board post and a terribly written article for crappy information. Then you call a couple of kids in the league Busts because they haven't started every down. Come on guys TJ was a rookie last year and Babin was HURT!!! If you want to call someone a bust on our team I would say the only guy that qualifies is Philip Buchnon but I won't say that for sure until the middle of this season. So give these kids time you big bunch of pathetic loser Texans haters. (no not every one just the Bust talkers)

yeah i totally agree with this give them a chance for goodness sake just because TJ didn't play every down doesn't mean hes a bust he was never suited playing in a 3-4 any way so lets see how he plays under kubiak in th 4-3 scheme before you even call him a bust. the only person who could be a bust is p-buc but with williams now in the mix he could live up to be a good cb

Brandon420tx
05-29-2006, 11:32 AM

And in extremely rare cases, six years (Turns the keys on his Carr) :rolleyes: jk, great posts everyone.

I personally don't think of someone you draft as a "bust" basically all you draft is potential, no matter who it is, if they develope... SUPER!!, if they don't, oh well try again... Now that said, what I really hate is when another team drafts someone who becomes a "BUST!!?" and releases them(or trades them), and MY team picks them up:francis: --> :brickwall .... I won't say anymore on that though ....