PDA

View Full Version : 2 regular seson games outside the U.S. starting in 08

baba ganoush
05-27-2006, 01:06 PM
What is the deal with the nfl??? I know that it must be exciting to see fans all over the world be able to go to games, but i think you will be stressing teams that will play in those game because of the longer trips over the oceans. The only way i see this reasonable, is if you take a team who has a bye-week and send them over there so they would get comfortable....but then they would have to travel all the way back and it would shorten thier practice time to get ready for thier next game. Honestly i dont see this this being a permanent thing, because i think the players and staff of teams complaining will send make this idea short...but thats just me, what do yall think???

http://sports.iwon.com/news/05272006/v5440.html

TexanFan881
05-27-2006, 01:08 PM
They're just stealing the idea from NASCAR as they have grown their fan base outside of the US by racing in Mexico and soon in Canada. I don't see it working out as well for the NFL as it has for NASCAR and you're probably right about it not being permanent.

WWJD
05-27-2006, 01:11 PM
It's all about the money and if it's a big money making thing I bet they do it and won't care too much if the teams complain.

The commish has been saying for some years the NFL wanted to expand their horizon and do this type of thing. I guess now they've made the plans to do just that.

BradK10
05-27-2006, 03:53 PM
They're just stealing the idea from NASCAR as they have grown their fan base outside of the US by racing in Mexico and soon in Canada. I don't see it working out as well for the NFL as it has for NASCAR and you're probably right about it not being permanent.

Yeah but NASCAR doesn't send it's top league out of the US.

TexanFan881
05-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah but NASCAR doesn't send it's top league out of the US.

It's only going to be a matter of time. The only thing different with what NASCAR and the NFL are doing is that NASCAR is gradually going through this process while the NFL is jumping right into it.

dat_boy_yec
05-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I think it's a question of where outside of the U.S. they plan to hold the games. I don't see a big problem if its one game in Canada and one game in Mexico. They are outside of the U.S. and not too inconvenient to travel too. Once they see how that works who knows. I would be scratching my head if they wanted to do this in Europe or Central or South America though.

baba ganoush
05-27-2006, 04:41 PM
I think it's a question of where outside of the U.S. they plan to hold the games. I don't see a big problem if its one game in Canada and one game in Mexico. They are outside of the U.S. and not too inconvenient to travel too. Once they see how that works who knows. I would be scratching my head if they wanted to do this in Europe or Central or South America though.

they said they planned to go to the united kingdom, germany, etc...

Scott747
05-27-2006, 04:51 PM
The NFL should tread lightly here....

Ask the dire-hard fans of Arizona/San Fran about losing a home game....

We only have 8 home games a year...Keep it that way!

TwinSisters
05-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I wonder if the Homeland Security *****es more or the CIA *****es more? or is the ATF, NSA, or FBI doing security on these games? Maybe they will hit up the National Guards of the playing teams' states.