PDA

View Full Version : who released??

baba ganoush
05-26-2006, 08:10 PM
who do you think the texans NEED to release, either because of their athletic abilities or how much salary cap they are taking up for not doing much on the field???

stevo3883
05-26-2006, 08:41 PM
#1 P-bust
#2 Wade

BradK10
05-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Wade and Wong

TexHorns
05-27-2006, 01:45 AM
p-bust!

mexican_texan
05-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Wade and Wong
yup, no need for them anymore

hot pickle
05-27-2006, 02:12 AM
we cant just throw wong to the curb man

mexican_texan
05-27-2006, 02:14 AM
we cant just throw wong to the curb man
no, he's already injured. We'll just carry him out and gently put him on the corner.

LORK 88
05-27-2006, 02:37 AM
Might get hell for this one, but BRUENER.

Trapped
05-27-2006, 04:33 AM
i agree with wade and wong, their contracts are too much for what their projected production might be.

Wong is coming off injury, won't be starter, Ryans was drafted and they want to see him play.

Wade, almost a lock to get released.

Those would be the only significant cuts. Those guys are signed thru 2009, i wonder how much of a cap hit we will take.

rmartin65
05-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Pbuc wont get cut. Look at our other corners.

bigbrewster2000
05-27-2006, 08:53 AM
i agree with wade and wong, their contracts are too much for what their projected production might be.

Wong is coming off injury, won't be starter, Ryans was drafted and they want to see him play.

Wade, almost a lock to get released.

Those would be the only significant cuts. Those guys are signed thru 2009, i wonder how much of a cap hit we will take.

First the cap hit will be huge on both so they won't save any money by cutting them. Wong will be playing in the Middle not on the edge so he doesn't have much effect on Demeco Ryans playing time. I see them keeping Wong around for at least 1 more season and cutting Wade if it came down to one or the other.

YoungTexanFan
05-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Pbuc wont get cut. Look at our other corners.

No joke. I would rather have a LB playing CB than Faggins playing anything.

aj.
05-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Wade's dead money hit will be $6.7 which can be spread over '06 and '07. Wong's would be $4.7 which could also be split.

But, they are already dealing with Marcus Coleman's dead $2.5 on this year's cap, and Gary Walker's $7.3 which will be split between '06 and '07 although at this time the exact amount of the proportion is unknown.

The point is they can't do a lot of willy nilly cutting of the high dollar guys because of the dead money pileup (thanks to the genius contracts let in the last two years). I think Wade will be cut, but Wong may end up being a PUP when Week 1 rolls around. It will take through '07 to purge most of the bad stuff (Walker and Wade primarily) off the cap. Greenwood and Wong are a tier below those two contracts in terms of cap effect. Weaver is another one to watch going forward. This is nowhere close to "cap hell" if anyone was wondering.

Kaiser Toro
05-27-2006, 09:30 AM
They are already dealing with Marcus Coleman's dead $2.5 on this year's cap, plus Gary Walker's $7.3 which will be split between '06 and '07 although at this time the exact amount of the proportion is unknown.

Isn't Walker's hit in 2007 at 5.5 mil?

Brandon420tx
05-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Yes, the salary cap will be a major deciding factor in our cuts unfortunately... doesn't Wade have one of the highest contracts on the team?:brickwall

Sidenote, Your up early A.J.

aj.
05-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Isn't Walker's hit in 2007 at 5.5 mil?

That's the maximum it can be if they take the minimum possible hit this year in the split ($1.8). They can take more than the minimum required $1.8 in '06 if they want. The league rules allow that flexibility. It all depends on how they choose do the accounting.

aj.
05-27-2006, 09:46 AM

8:41 a.m.? Nah... on a normal day I'm up at 5:30. If it hits 6:30, I feel like I've slept in.... I've already been out for my 10 mile bike ride and mowed the yard texanpride :patriot

bigbrewster2000
05-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Yes, the salary cap will be a major deciding factor in our cuts unfortunately... doesn't Wade have one of the highest contracts on the team?:brickwall

Yeah, he does have one of the higher salaries on the team. It is pretty pathetic.

Brandon420tx
05-27-2006, 09:48 AM
I normally wake up early... I was up at 5:14, but thats a little early for me... ]Graduation and a break up.... :brickwall eh, I'm venting again...

PLEASE I NEED MORE FOOTBALL DISTRACTION.... :bowser: Any news on Wade even making an effort to keep his job? *Not that he has to since his cap hit could keep him on the team anyway...*

aj.
05-27-2006, 09:51 AM
I normally wake up early... I was up at 5:14, but thats a little early for me... ]Graduation and a break up.... :brickwall eh, I'm venting again...

..*

Congrats on one of those... which HS?

Brandon420tx
05-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Yea, Heading to Texas State at San Marcos in a couple of months.

aj.
05-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Congrats... nice campus.. great location.

Brandon420tx
05-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Thank you... would you like an intern?:spy: :poker: :gathering: :homer:

Chance_C
05-27-2006, 10:41 AM
8:41 a.m.? Nah... on a normal day I'm up at 5:30. If it hits 6:30, I feel like I've slept in.... I've already been out for my 10 mile bike ride and mowed the yard

Wow. Ten mile bike ride...I'm impressed. I get up at a maximum of 6 a.m. myself. Even when I want to sleep in, I can't. BTW, AJ the fishing is really good up this way right now.

And thanks for stating that we are nowhere close to "cap hell", I was getting slightly worried.

aj.
05-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Don't be impressed by the bike ride. I ride a Wal Mart special mountain bike with fat tires on a flat surface, and I'm not exactly burning up the pavement.

Has the Lake starting filling back up? I haven't been up there since Rita. I didn't want to see one of my favorite weekend spots in that condition....

Chance_C
05-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah, and coming up pretty fast. If we could just get some rain, it would be pool in no time. What Rita did to the dam was amazing. Just proves the power of Mother Nature. Don't worry, everything happens for a reason and the fishing will be so much better because of it. My dad has been catching all the white bass he wants, I've been catching crappie at Rayburn.

Oh, and the bike ride, I'm still impressed.

Kaiser Toro
05-27-2006, 10:54 AM
That's the maximum it can be if they take the minimum possible hit this year in the split ($1.8). They can take more than the minimum required $1.8 in '06 if they want. The league rules allow that flexibility. It all depends on how they choose do the accounting.

Interesting. Thanks for the sharing. Wade should definitely be shown the door on June 1st if we have the flexibility.

Runner
05-27-2006, 02:58 PM
The point is they can't do a lot of willy nilly cutting of the high dollar guys because of the dead money pileup (thanks to the genius contracts let in the last two years). I think Wade will be cut, but Wong may end up being a PUP when Week 1 rolls around.

1) Do players on the PUP list count against the cap? I assume yes.

2) If a team cuts a player who is injured, they have to pay a negotiated injury settlement as well as the guaranteed money left on the contract. Is there a loophole where the Texans could jack up the injury settlement portion of the payout in return for a renegotiated, more salary cap friendly contract that is then cut? I assume no.

B.Diddy
05-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Yea, Heading to Texas State at San Marcos in a couple of months.

Congrats.....I go to the school who will be kicking your schools butt in the fall lol

CoastalTexan
05-27-2006, 04:49 PM
double

CoastalTexan
05-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Last year yall (Sam Houston) almost scared us but not quite. It was fun rushing the field after the win. I really enjoyed those 3 extra playoff games though, how many did Sam have when they went to the playoffs?

Scooter
05-27-2006, 05:23 PM
wade & bruener. wade's on the wrong team, he's a decent player in an entirely wrong system ... release him as soon as we can afford it. bruener's being paid too much to be a backup tight end, and we've got guys we need to get in the game (daniels, joppru, murphy, halterman), but i'm not sure of the repricussions of cutting him as far as money's concerned.

8:41 a.m.? Nah... on a normal day I'm up at 5:30. If it hits 6:30, I feel like I've slept in.... I've already been out for my 10 mile bike ride and mowed the yard texanpride :patriot

that's kinda like my schedule. woke up at about 12:30, if i wake up before noon i'm useless. from there it was straight to the fridge for ice cream and a handfull of chocolate snacks. a brisk walk to the couch ensued, and then i spent hours working on building up strength in my channel changing fingers.

aj.
05-27-2006, 05:29 PM
1) Do players on the PUP list count against the cap? I assume yes.

2) If a team cuts a player who is injured, they have to pay a negotiated injury settlement as well as the guaranteed money left on the contract. Is there a loophole where the Texans could jack up the injury settlement portion of the payout in return for a renogitiated, more salary cap friendly contract that is then cut? I assume no.

1) PUP and IR, yes.

2) Not sure on your loophole example but if I had to guess, I'd say no.

mexican_texan
05-27-2006, 05:39 PM
You guys are up early...I'm more likely to stay up that late than wake up that early. I'm going to try that schedule though, now that I lost my eligibility for football and I'm going to build up my endurance for soccer.

Hulk75
05-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Wade
Wong-maybe after he is healthy

Maybe-
Bruener or Bennie
Seth Payne

cj5776
05-31-2006, 01:04 AM
Eat em up Cats!!!

Don't rule out Wade comming off the bench, if the starting 5 stays the same(Wand, Pitts, Flanigan, McKinney,Wiegrat) the bench will be very young (Spenser, Holdon, Weary, Winston) and could use a vet.

Plus I doubt Flanigan and Wiegrat can stay healthy all season. (McKinney would move into the center spot)

The biggest questions are can he zone block and would the cap hit be better than paing a backup that kind of money.