PDA

View Full Version : My predictions for the entire AFC.

rams-rule
05-25-2006, 09:01 PM
North
steelers 12-4
bengals 12-4
ravens 7-9
browns 7-9

South
colts 10-6
texans 8-8
jaguars 6-10
titans 5-11

East
patriots 11-5
dolphins 9-7
bills 7-9
jets 5-11

west
broncos 12-4
chiefs 9-7
chargers 8-8
raiders 6-10

some of these may not be right but,it is what i think will happen.

TexanFan881
05-25-2006, 09:13 PM
I'd be happy with a 8-8 season. We wouldn't make the playoffs according to your predictions but it would still be a huge improvement over last season. Looks pretty accurate to what I think so far :thumbup

rams-rule
05-25-2006, 09:17 PM
I think that you guys could edge out the chargers for the final wildcard spot, if your conference record is better, but hey never know. right?

Texizgreat
05-25-2006, 09:17 PM
I am as big of :homer: as anyone but I dont see the Jags taking that big-a-step backwards.

more like 8-8 or 10-6

rams-rule
05-25-2006, 09:18 PM
wait your right. my bad. I actually think you will finish better than 8-8. but I had to go realisticaly.

rams-rule
05-25-2006, 09:40 PM
texans will make the playoffs.

YoungTexanFan
05-25-2006, 10:11 PM
My Opinions in BOLD

North
steelers 12-4how well will the defense respond to their losses, and w/out bettis?
bengals 12-4 This is entirely dependant on Palmer
ravens 7-9 If they pick up McNair, this could change
browns 7-9 Accurate

South
colts 10-6 solid
texans 8-8 Too high. We have a tough schedule and a tough conference.
jaguars 6-10 Too low. They should be around 8-8, Texans about 6-10
titans 5-11 If Vince starts, this could be even lower

East
patriots 11-5 Big jump, I actually don't see them winning the division
dolphins 9-7 I see them winning. I'm expecting 11-5 or so
bills 7-9 after that last draft, I'm guessing about 5-11
jets 5-11 They are too much up in the air, but this seems to be solid.

west
broncos 12-4 Too high IMO. They lost some good coaches.
chiefs 9-7 Depends on the defense like always, but team will be carried by LJ. 10-6
chargers 8-8 I see them lower than this, about 6-10. Rivers is awful and they have no top WR
raiders 6-10 Could quite easily be the worst team in the NFL next year. In fact, that is my prediction.

skillz24
05-25-2006, 10:58 PM
some are close...

AFC

north
steelers 11-5
bengals 10-6
ravens 7-9
browns 5-10

south
colts 12-4
jaguars 10-6
texans 6-10
titans 4-12

east
patriots 10-6
bills 8-8
dolphins 6-10
jets 4-12

west
broncos 11-5
chiefs 10-6
chargers 5-11
raiders 3-13

and now one step further...

NFC

north
bears 11-5
vikings 9-7
packers 5-11
lions 5-11

south
panthers 10-6
falcons 10-6
bucs 8-8
saints 5-11

east
redskins 11-5
giants 10-6
eagles 7-9
cowboys 7-9

west
seahawks 11-5
rams 8-8
49ers 6-10
cardinals 6-10

Hulk75
05-25-2006, 11:00 PM
I think we will win our division. Quote me on it brother.......:cool:

TexanFan881
05-25-2006, 11:02 PM

There you go :tv:

AtheGreat
05-25-2006, 11:45 PM
some are close...

AFC

north
steelers 11-5
bengals 10-6
ravens 7-9
browns 5-10

south
colts 12-4
jaguars 10-6
texans 6-10
titans 4-12

east
patriots 10-6
bills 8-8
dolphins 6-10
jets 4-12

west
broncos 11-5
chiefs 10-6
chargers 5-11
raiders 3-13

NFC

north
bears 11-5
vikings 9-7
packers 5-11
lions 5-11

south
panthers 10-6
falcons 10-6
bucs 8-8
saints 5-11

east
redskins 11-5
giants 10-6
eagles 7-9
cowboys 7-9

west
seahawks 11-5
rams 8-8
49ers 6-10
cardinals 6-10

Pretty ballsy calling the shots this early, but as of now, it looks pretty probable. I'm def sure the niners will not go 6-10 much less 3-13. And for some reason, I'm feeling the Cards doing really well this year im saying they come up 2nd in the div. Yeah, thats right, 2nd.

^Man dont you hate it when people repost huge posts like this!

Reddevil63
05-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Done, Im not erasing it until next January :francis:

TexansTrueFan
05-26-2006, 12:00 AM
I am as big of :homer: as anyone but I dont see the Jags taking that big-a-step backwards.

more like 8-8 or 10-6

losing Jimmy smith is a pretty big step back IMO. He was a good reciever for them.

HeroTime
05-26-2006, 07:23 AM
some are close...

AFC

north
steelers 11-5
bengals 10-6
ravens 7-9
browns 5-10

south
colts 12-4
jaguars 10-6
texans 6-10
titans 4-12

east
patriots 10-6
bills 8-8
dolphins 6-10
jets 4-12

west
broncos 11-5
chiefs 10-6
chargers 5-11
raiders 3-13

NFC

north
bears 11-5
vikings 9-7
packers 5-11
lions 5-11

south
panthers 10-6
falcons 10-6
bucs 8-8
saints 5-11

east
redskins 11-5
giants 10-6
eagles 7-9
cowboys 7-9

west
seahawks 11-5
rams 8-8
49ers 6-10
cardinals 6-10

Cool the league as a whole will finish above .500 that would be a feat.

colts18288
05-26-2006, 08:09 AM
North
steelers 12-4 11-5 nudged out by Cincy, assuming Palmer returns
bengals 12-4 12-4 Palmer shows the Steelers there's a new Sheriff in town
ravens 7-9 Mcnair 9-7 Boller 6-10
browns 7-9 8-8 Romeo hard at work, still to little talent

South
colts 10-6 12-4 lose a step without Edge, but can still put up points.
texans 8-8 9-7 Carr now has a Coaching staff, and a running game(via coach learning in Denver, Denver churns out R.B. like no one else, the coach understands blocking schemes, as well as a geat Q.B. coach)
jaguars 6-10 7-9 Q.B. controversy before half way point of season
titans 5-11 :francis: Who cares?????????????????????:brickwall

East
patriots 11-5 10-6Losing the clutch kicker has to count for at least 2 games.
dolphins 9-7 11-5 with Duante, Joey starts and it's 1-15
bills 7-9 8-8 still rebuilding
jets 5-11 4-12 should have taken a Q.B. guys

west
broncos 12-4 10-6 Jake's all peed off about the draft, turmoil follows.
chiefs 9-7 7-9 team aint built for Herm ball.
chargers 8-8 8-8 Phillips learning curve begins
raiders 6-10 3-13 get rid of Al Davis and you may see light at the end of the tunnel

Mine are in bold, and it's just my honest opinion.

Exascor
05-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Nice to see some non-Texan fans predicting 8-8 and 9-7 seasons for the Texans in '06. I see some great things happening but a first year head coach, installing fresh offensive and defensive systems should struggle. Without a large core group of players that already know the systems (like Denver) and a huge turnover in players, chemistry could take some time to develop.

I feel 6-10 is realistic for the Texans given their nasty schedule and the changes. In 2007, if things progress well, should be our first winning season.

Wordem
05-26-2006, 10:49 AM
You're insane if you think the Texans are going to be 8-8.

They're going to be awful. Again.

TEXANS84
05-26-2006, 10:59 AM
No way Jags are going 6-10.

They'll be 12-4.

BigDTexansFan
05-26-2006, 11:19 AM
You're insane if you think the Texans are going to be 8-8.

They're going to be awful. Again.

C'mon don't be shy, tell us what you REALLY think :brickwall

hollywood_texan
05-26-2006, 11:51 AM
some are close...

AFC

north
steelers 11-5
bengals 10-6
ravens 7-9
browns 5-10

south
colts 12-4
jaguars 10-6
texans 6-10
titans 4-12

east
patriots 10-6
bills 8-8
dolphins 6-10
jets 4-12

west
broncos 11-5
chiefs 10-6
chargers 5-11
raiders 3-13

NFC

north
bears 11-5
vikings 9-7
packers 5-11
lions 5-11

south
panthers 10-6
falcons 10-6
bucs 8-8
saints 5-11

east
redskins 11-5
giants 10-6
eagles 7-9
cowboys 7-9

west
seahawks 11-5
rams 8-8
49ers 6-10
cardinals 6-10

Your wins and losses don't add up. You should be able to add up all the wins and losses of all the teams together and you should get 256-256.

I added up all the records from your prediction and get 251-260.

Your prediction seems to have a lot parity, which didnt happen last year. For example, 10 teams last year won 5 games or less and you only have 7 teams in your prediction.

Who knows, maybe you are right. We'll see.

El Tejano
05-26-2006, 12:39 PM

more like 8-8 or 10-6

I agree. The Jags are good and they got a defense too.

MorKnolle
05-26-2006, 01:11 PM
As silly as it seems to me to be predicting records this early on, I'll throw in my comments:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - 10-12 wins - don't see much drop off or improvement potential, should be another solid year.
Cincinnati Bengals - 8-12 wins - depends heavily on Palmer's recovery.
Baltimore Ravens - 6-11 wins - depends on health of players, especially on defense, and acquisition of McNair could finally give them a solid QB.
Cleveland Browns - 4-7 wins - team made some decent additions in the offseason, still not talented enough for playoffs but they could be in the race fairly late in the season or they could have another disappointing year.

The division should be between the Steelers and Bengals, depends on how both teams respond to injuries/offseason losses. The Ravens could make a push if everyone stays healthy (last year I predicted them winning the division) and McNair would likely help that. The Browns had a nice offseason but I still don't expect too much from them.

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts - 11-13 wins - should be another good year, they've lost some this offseason and won't jump out to 13-0 again but they'll still push for the Super Bowl.
Jacksonville Jaguars - 7-11 wins - I think they are sliding as a team and have numerous off-field issues with players, but they are still a pretty good team and will likely stay in 2nd in the division, depends heavily on Fred Taylor's health and how the receiving core responds to Jimmy Smith's retirement.
Houston Texans - 6-9 wins - I'm thinking more likely in the 6-7 wins range but I see potential to make a push for playoff consideration. I think we're still a year away but I expect a lot of people to be surprised by this team.
Tennessee Titans - 3-6 wins - I don't think they improved much for this year and think they will easily be the worst team in the division. They are a couple years away from competing for the playoffs.

The Colts lead on the rest of the division is slimming but they still are the best. The Jags and Texans should have a nice season-long battle for 2nd place and even the wild card, I think the Jags will probably still beat us out for it this year but they are definitely on the downfall and we are on the rise. I don't expect much out of the Titans this year.

AFC East
New England Patriots - 8-11 wins - I think the Patriots lost some fairly key people and I think they could lose control of the division this year, but they still have Brady and the coaching staff and are always a threat.
Miami Dolphins - 7-12 wins - Depends heavily on the recover of Culpepper or ability of Harrington to lead this team. They had a strong finish last year, they've made some nice acquistions this year, and they have a lot of good, experienced veterans who's window for a Super Bowl appearance is quickly closing, and I think they could unseat the Patriots for the division crown.
Buffalo Bills - 4-6 wins - I don't think the team has done much to help themselves and they got some decent players in the draft but could have done better. I don't see much of an improvement out of them.
New York Jets - 3-7 wins - I think they could take a step backwards this year with so many new players, but I think they could also make a decent turnaround, although I don't see a playoff push this year for them. Pennington's health/skill level is a huge factor for them.

I think the Dolphins will make a run to unseat the Patriots and could definitely overtake them, both teams have the capability of winning the division and making a decent playoff run. I have very small expectations for the Bills and Jets as both teams are in relatively early stages of rebuilding mode.

AFC West
Denver Broncos - 10-12 wins - They lost some players and some of their coaching staff and didn't add any immediate help with their 1st round pick. A healthy Javon Walker could help out a lot too.
Kansas City Chiefs - 9-12 wins - I think this team is talented but also has some questions to work out this season with some of their veterans and coaching staff. They definitely have the talent to make a good playoff push but they might need another year to pull things together.
San Diego Chargers - 6-9 wins - I think letting Brees go was a big mistake, but we'll see how Rivers works out. I think if he has a solid year they can makle a playoff run, or they could be headed for another high draft pick if he doesn't come along well.
Oakland Raiders - 3-5 wins - I don't expect a whole lot out of them, I think they can improve some but I don't think they have the talent or the mental attitude to succeed, and it looks like their downward spiral will just continue.

The Broncos are still the favorite in this division, although the Chiefs are another strong team and the Chargers could make a strong push too. I think the Raiders are not especially talented and they are in a strong division so they don't have much of a chance.

NFC North
Chicago Bears - 8-10 wins - I don't want to call last year a fluke like their 13-3 season in 2001, but I don't expect another strong season as they did little to help their anemic offense, but they are in probably the weakest division in the NFL.
Minnesota Vikings - 6-8 wins - I don't think they'll be especially good but I think they will get a decent amount of wins in a poor division.
Green Bay Packers - 5-9 wins - I think they can challenge for the division if they keep everyone healthy, they still have a lot of players left from a couple years ago that won the division, Favre is back, and they had a pretty solid draft.
Detroit Lions - 4-8 wins - I don't think they'll be much better, but they definitely have some offensive talent for Martz to use that could win some games for them, and their defense should be better, if all things work out well they could challenge for the lead in their weak division.

This is a wide-open division. The Bears didn't improve their offense much if at all and their defense can only go so far, the Vikings defense should continue to look a little better but their offense could suffer, the Packers could make a big turnaround after a solid draft if their key players can stay healthy, and the Lions new coaching staff could finally make better use of their talent. This one is hard to predict.

NFC South
Carolina Panthers - 9-12 wins - They kept their key players, they added Keyshawn to help the passing game, and they had a pretty solid draft. I think they could definitely make a strong push to the Super Bowl again this year.
Atlanta Falcons - 9-12 wins - They added some nice pieces to their defense and didn't lose much of anything, so I think they will also make a strong push into the playoffs this year as long as Vick stays healthy.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 7-9 wins - They will still be pretty strong again but I think they'll take a step back compared to their division and in the wins column.
New Orleans Saints - 3-5 wins - They lost some other key players and even with acquiring Bush and Brees I don't see much coming out of this team.

NFC East
Washington Redskins - 8-11 wins - They spent a lot of money but I'm not sure how much it will help them, and they are in the strongest division in football, but I expect them make another playoff push.
New York Giants - 9-11 wins - They have a lot of young talent and could make another strong playoff push but I'm not sure they have as strong of a season again.
Dallas Cowboys - 7-11 wins - They are another team that can make a strong playoff run out of this division. I'm not exactly sure what to expect out of them and can't put them ahead of the Giants or Redskins.
Philadelphia Eagles - 6-11 wins - How will the team respond from last year's difficult season? That is the key question for the Eagles and I could see them finishing anywhere from first to last in this division. They helped their OLine and DLine a lot with the draft.

Every team in this division should be strong and is capable of winning the division and going pretty deep into the playoffs. I don't expect any of them to make the Super Bowl but they will all be competitive.

NFC West
Seattle Sseahawks - 10-13 wins - Still probably the best team in the conference and a Super Bowl contender. They lost Hutchinson, overpaid for Burleson, and didn't have a great draft, and I think their division strengthened itself so the Seahawks could take a small backward step if anything.
Arizona Cardinals - 6-10 wins - Leinart won't add much this year unless Warner gets hurt again, but they added a great RB, had probably the best draft in the league, and helped solidify some of their other weak spots. I think they have the potential to win a wild card and reach the playoffs if Warner can stay healthy and be effective, they definitely have the offensive talent for it.
St. Louis Rams - 6-8 wins - New coach and some decent new acquisitions should lead to another decent year, but I think their upper-end potential is somewhat limited.
San Francisco49ers - 3-4 wins - They had a pretty nice draft as well but I just don't see them having enough talent on either side of the ball to improve much at all. They will likely still have an offense and defense that are both ranked 28th or lower.

The Seahawks should once again represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and should easily win the division. The Cardinals are on the rise but won't be able to knock Seattle off the throne. I don't see the Rams making a playoff push this year, but they should be ok still. The 49ers will be at the bottom of the league again. I don't expect many surprises in this division, and it looks like another dark year for the SF/Oak bay area.

Outlander
05-26-2006, 01:32 PM
The Seahawks should once again represent the AFC in the Super Bowl and should easily win the division. The Cardinals are on the rise but won't be able to knock Seattle off the throne. I don't see the Rams making a playoff push this year, but they should be ok still. The 49ers will be at the bottom of the league again. I don't expect many surprises in this division, and it looks like another dark year for the SF/Oak bay area.

I just have a small correction to an otherwise lenthy and enjoyable read. The 'Hawks play in the NFC. That my :twocents: worth on the entire issue!

MorKnolle
05-26-2006, 01:44 PM
I just have a small correction to an otherwise lenthy and enjoyable read. The 'Hawks play in the NFC. That my :twocents: worth on the entire issue!

My bad, temporary brain fart. It has been fixed

sk8termom
05-26-2006, 09:26 PM
North
steelers 12-4 (lose to ravens 1x, bengals 1x, maybe lose to panthers, 1 other loss somewhere)
bengals 10-6 (harder schedule than Steelers, they play Indy and NE, we play Jax and Miami)
browns 7-9 (better but will take another year to be contenders)
ravens 6-10

South
colts 11-5 (not as good as last year, but definitely winning this division. Sorry even though the Texans are my 2nd fav team, I have to be honest here)
jaguars 10-6
texans 6-10 (better but needs another year to become contenders)
titans 5-11

East
patriots 11-5 (still the best team in this division, ugh!)
dolphins 10-6
bills 7-9
jets 5-11

west
broncos 12-4
chiefs 11-5
chargers 6-10
raiders 5-11

Bobo
05-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Nice to see some non-Texan fans predicting 8-8 and 9-7 seasons for the Texans in '06.

Umm, some were predicting 11-5 last year.

Koruptified
05-27-2006, 04:17 PM
TEXANS84 and El Tejano, at least you guys aren't having a mental breakdown.

In all honesty, most of you Texan fans are blinded. Te Jaguars won't take that big of a step backwards. It just won't happen. We've lost Jimmy Smith... that's it. He was dropping a lot of passes last season anyways. All the loss does it make Byron have to look at our other receivers. We have enough WR competition for the loss not to affect us too much.

Fred Taylor issue won't be huge either as we have the backs to take his place. If not a back to take over completely, we have enough to run our running offense through many backs. And Maurice Drew should be a great player.

Our defense will still be one of the tops in the nation. For those that put the Texans above the Jags, wake up. I know you guys are homers, but think logically. I'm a homer but I still believe the Colts will win the division. At least you'll beat out the Titans.

Anyways, I hope the Texans do well. Even though this is a sin, I actually like the Texans team and I have since their second year. I'll root for the Texans until they play the Jags.

Koruptified
05-27-2006, 04:19 PM
bengals 10-6 (harder schedule than Steelers, they play Indy and NE, we play Jax and Miami)

I love how you feel that the Jaguars are a team to compare to Miami. Next time, make sure you don't throw the ball right to Mathis so he can win the game.

NEROtheZERO
05-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I love how you feel that the Jaguars are a team to compare to Miami. Next time, make sure you don't throw the ball right to Mathis so he can win the game.
I don't get that statement either. Miami and Jax are both viable playoff teams next season.

Maddict5
05-27-2006, 06:27 PM
In all honesty, most of you Texan fans are blinded.

And Maurice Drew should be a great player.

hmm why do the words pot, kettle and black come to mind:) only messing

anyway this looks like a good way of passing time...il follow mork's method as its impossible for me to say 'that is a 12-4 team but that team is an 11-5 team' etc

AFC South-Colts=10-12 wins. lost some defensive players which might hurt more than losing Edge..addai looks capable and barring a manning injury they should make the playoffs fairly easily(actually il stop talking about key injuries now because il have to say it for nearly every team)

Jags=8-10 wins. lost jimmy and their olb's- replacements aren't great.i think they'll take a step backward due to these losses but more importantly their schedule. should be in and around the wildcard though

Texans=5-9(8 is prob more realistic than 9 but homerism rules come into play). first off i think every1 can agree we're on the way up but there will be some teeting problems..im realistic and the nfc east is a damn tough division to be facing especially when everything is so new and the players and coaches have to get used to each other..after a rocky start(0-2 probably at least) we recover to achieve a 6-7 win respectability

Titans=2-4 wins.if (when?) they lose mcnair they will be in for a tough season..some talent but alot of young, unseasoned players and with no real qb yet they will struggle mightily imo

AFC East
Pats=10-12 wins. i see them winning the division again.maroney should provide a good running game, eventhough, as he showed last season, brady probably could carry them ther without it

Dolphins=6-9 wins. im not so high on them as others are. sabans a good coach but they dont seem to have improved at all(lost madison,seau(im sure)). culpepper is unknown but miami o-line should resemble the vikes 1 of last season. i see a 7 win season. won alot of scrub games last year which i cant really hold against them but..i dont know. i think ronnie brown should start becoming a beast though

Bills=4-6 wins...again all 3 qbs are average at best..neither line will be great again..evans,spikes,clements etc will win some games for them but no real improvement

Jets=3-6 wins. much like us..new coach,system etc..team will struggle due to loss of key defensive players(abraham,law etc).offense prob wont be pretty..new inexperienced o-line, blah qbs-ramsey might be ok, curtis martin?actually remind me of last years dolphins but wont do as well

AFC West
Broncos=9-12 wins..dont see them struggling badly actually..should make playoffs..may miss pryce though

KC=7-10 wins..decent on offence..lost some players on D..new coach etc hard to tell..my only solid prediction is that the 'hankies for sale' stand outside the head coaches office will go out of business

Chargers=6-10 wins..depends on rivers really(and he looked awful v the broncos)..LT,Gates and the D will keep them competitive but not alot else on offence..keenan may need a new zimmerframe. dumb brees move will haunt them imo..miss playoffs

Oakland=4-8 wins..D has improved and young cb's will be better and more experienced..may be fluid on offence if they use lamont..hard to predict but 6 wins maybe

AFC North

Steelers=10-12 wins.. no real losses imo..parker will still be the main rb and teams weren't exactly swarming after chris hope.may mise kimo the most but santonio is an upgrade on randle-el..will fight the bengals and maybe ravens for the division in a very competitive AFC north

Bengals=9-11 wins.improved their main weaknesses on D by getting sam adams and j joseph. once palmer is ok,they'll be excellent on O again and should get a wildcard..

Ravens=8-11 wins...they should improve on last year but by how much..lost some and got some in FA. ngata may be an upgrade on ke'mat..not even going to try, with mcnair the division as a whole will be tough

Browns=5-8 wins..they have gotten alot of good plyers but they're all new..are really much better than last year but division should be very hard and frye, though promising, is only in his 2nd year and that may hold them back a bit

ok this is tough il leave it at that for now and will do the nfc tomorrow

sk8termom
05-27-2006, 09:37 PM

That was pretty sad... Just remember, Maddox is no longer on our team!!Looking forward to the Jax/Steelers game (it's week 2 on Monday night isn't it?)

Koruptified
05-28-2006, 03:25 AM
That was pretty sad... Just remember, Maddox is no longer on our team!!Looking forward to the Jax/Steelers game (it's week 2 on Monday night isn't it?)

It's alright. The last two years, Pittsburgh has been an awesome team, and both times it has come down to the wire. The first was a failed field goal that gave the Steelers the one point win. The second, an OT win by Jax. Should be a good game.

Koruptified
05-28-2006, 03:27 AM

If you're referring to me saying that Maurice Drew is going to be a great player, it's because I see him being a great player. I'm not saying he's going to be the best thing since sliced bread, but he will be a great player in my opinion.

I STILL think you guys should have gone with Bush though. Happy you didn't.

Bobo
05-28-2006, 12:27 PM

anyway this looks like a good way of passing time...il follow mork's method as its impossible for me to say 'that is a 12-4 team but that team is an 11-5 team' etc

AFC South-Colts=10-12 wins. lost some defensive players which might hurt more than losing Edge..addai looks capable and barring a manning injury they should make the playoffs fairly easily(actually il stop talking about key injuries now because il have to say it for nearly every team)

Jags=8-10 wins. lost jimmy and their olb's- replacements aren't great.i think they'll take a step backward due to these losses but more importantly their schedule. should be in and around the wildcard though

Texans=5-9(8 is prob more realistic than 9 but homerism rules come into play). first off i think every1 can agree we're on the way up but there will be some teeting problems..im realistic and the nfc east is a damn tough division to be facing especially when everything is so new and the players and coaches have to get used to each other..after a rocky start(0-2 probably at least) we recover to achieve a 6-7 win respectability

Titans=2-4 wins.if (when?) they lose mcnair they will be in for a tough season..some talent but alot of young, unseasoned players and with no real qb yet they will struggle mightily imo

AFC East
Pats=10-12 wins. i see them winning the division again.maroney should provide a good running game, eventhough, as he showed last season, brady probably could carry them ther without it

Dolphins=6-9 wins. im not so high on them as others are. sabans a good coach but they dont seem to have improved at all(lost madison,seau(im sure)). culpepper is unknown but miami o-line should resemble the vikes 1 of last season. i see a 7 win season. won alot of scrub games last year which i cant really hold against them but..i dont know. i think ronnie brown should start becoming a beast though

Bills=4-6 wins...again all 3 qbs are average at best..neither line will be great again..evans,spikes,clements etc will win some games for them but no real improvement

Jets=3-6 wins. much like us..new coach,system etc..team will struggle due to loss of key defensive players(abraham,law etc).offense prob wont be pretty..new inexperienced o-line, blah qbs-ramsey might be ok, curtis martin?actually remind me of last years dolphins but wont do as well

AFC West
Broncos=9-12 wins..dont see them struggling badly actually..should make playoffs..may miss pryce though

KC=7-10 wins..decent on offence..lost some players on D..new coach etc hard to tell..my only solid prediction is that the 'hankies for sale' stand outside the head coaches office will go out of business

Chargers=6-10 wins..depends on rivers really(and he looked awful v the broncos)..LT,Gates and the D will keep them competitive but not alot else on offence..keenan may need a new zimmerframe. dumb brees move will haunt them imo..miss playoffs

Oakland=4-8 wins..D has improved and young cb's will be better and more experienced..may be fluid on offence if they use lamont..hard to predict but 6 wins maybe

AFC North

Steelers=10-12 wins.. no real losses imo..parker will still be the main rb and teams weren't exactly swarming after chris hope.may mise kimo the most but santonio is an upgrade on randle-el..will fight the bengals and maybe ravens for the division in a very competitive AFC north

Bengals=9-11 wins.improved their main weaknesses on D by getting sam adams and j joseph. once palmer is ok,they'll be excellent on O again and should get a wildcard..

Ravens=8-11 wins...they should improve on last year but by how much..lost some and got some in FA. ngata may be an upgrade on ke'mat..not even going to try, with mcnair the division as a whole will be tough

Browns=5-8 wins..they have gotten alot of good plyers but they're all new..are really much better than last year but division should be very hard and frye, though promising, is only in his 2nd year and that may hold them back a bit

ok this is tough il leave it at that for now and will do the nfc tomorrow

Why don't you just say, "All teams -- 0-16 wins." Nothing like stepping out on a limb.

DocBar
05-28-2006, 01:56 PM
The s(Aints) at 5-11 with the Messiah, I mean Reggie Bush on board??? I figured we could just pencil in SB for this year. I'm gonna have to think a bit on the NFC numbers. I pay a lot more attention to the AFC. I think Dallas will do better and Philly worse than you have them, though.

Wolf
05-28-2006, 02:50 PM
The s(Aints) at 5-11 with the Messiah, I mean Reggie Bush on board??? I figured we could just pencil in SB for this year. I'm gonna have to think a bit on the NFC numbers. I pay a lot more attention to the AFC. I think Dallas will do better and Philly worse than you have them, though.

fun matchups with Bush versus Bucs and Panthers twice a year :heh:

Wolf
05-28-2006, 02:51 PM
09.10 Philadelphia
09.17 at Indianapolis
09.24 Washington
10.01 Miami
10.08 Bye
10.15 at Dallas
10.22 Jacksonville
10.29 at Tennessee
11.05 at NY Giants
11.12 at Jacksonville
11.19 Buffalo
11.26 at NY Jets
12.03 at Oakland
12.10 Tennessee
12.17 at New England
12.24 Indianapolis
12.31 Cleveland

not sure we go higher than 8-8, I hope so, but I think we still are a player or two away.. (p-buch prove me wrong buddy)

geeze is the republican/democrate convention going to be held at reliant? bunch of road games in a row in that middle of the schedule ..wow, didn't realize that

rams-rule
05-28-2006, 03:01 PM
i like the texans to finish 10-6. seriously i had a dream

Hulk75
05-28-2006, 04:46 PM
I am with you, we are going to win 10 games, we are not even the same team from the last couple of years, I think we have the biggest turn around in the NFL.:cool:

NEROtheZERO
05-28-2006, 07:50 PM
I believe that is called a pipe dream, just for future reference.

wicked_wayz
05-28-2006, 08:24 PM
i believe 6 wins is what this team is capable of at the moment. we are just one or two more players away at being a playof team

sk8termom
05-28-2006, 08:58 PM
It's alright. The last two years, Pittsburgh has been an awesome team, and both times it has come down to the wire. The first was a failed field goal that gave the Steelers the one point win. The second, an OT win by Jax. Should be a good game.

I agree - it should be an exciting close game. The Jaguars have played very well the last couple of years.

Wolf
05-28-2006, 10:45 PM
according to the washington MB ..profootball weekly has us winning 5 games

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156562

big homey
05-28-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't see how we can't improve on 2004's season. The team we have now is better than that one IMO.

YoungTexanFan
05-28-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't see how we can't improve on 2004's season. The team we have now is better than that one IMO.

It's more of the newness.

bayoudreamn
05-28-2006, 11:35 PM
I agree that the "newness" creates a question mark for how this team will do. On the other hand, teams come out of nowhere every year and surprise everyone with a breakout season. Looking closely at the new coach, new attitude, new players, and new commitment to the team shown in offseason work so far.....the new(s) could be the reason this team wins more than 6 games.

crunk-juice
05-28-2006, 11:54 PM
ok, i looked at the texan's schedule, and i only see 7 potential wins, and they wont get all of them. i predict 5 or 6 wins for the texans.

Brandon420tx
05-29-2006, 09:15 AM
ok, i looked at the texan's schedule, and i only see 7 potential wins, and they wont get all of them. i predict 5 or 6 wins for the texans.
Says 2 post-juice :shoot:

Corrosion
05-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Texans 16-0

The rest of the League ..... Who cares !

Koruptified
05-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Texans 16-0

The rest of the League ..... Who cares !

Drugs are illegal, you know.

Bobo
05-30-2006, 03:17 PM
I believe for one we actually have a good chance for once beating the Colts, therefore when that happens I see us making a good run for the playoffs this coming up season, I mean I don't really care about any other team, no offense.:whip:

As long as Peyton Manning is on that team, the Texans are outmanned and stuck in the Alamo.

crunk-juice
05-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Says 2 post-juice :shoot:

so my post count determines my football knowledge? goodjob. :rolleyes:

Bobo
05-30-2006, 05:20 PM
I agree that the "newness" creates a question mark for how this team will do. On the other hand, teams come out of nowhere every year and surprise everyone with a breakout season. Looking closely at the new coach, new attitude, new players, and new commitment to the team shown in offseason work so far.....the new(s) could be the reason this team wins more than 6 games.

More rookie coaches fail than succeed. I don't see any evidence of any "new attitude" nor "new commitment" except maybe some PR, puff piece talk that doesn't mean a thing. Also, there is a question as to if the new players are actually better than the old ones.

Brandon420tx
05-30-2006, 05:37 PM
so my post count determines my football knowledge? goodjob. :rolleyes:
Actually, I liked your post because you gave the texans more wins then the average person... but you tried to break down all scientific like... whatever. :stirpot:

Fldvldog
05-30-2006, 05:56 PM
AFC South:

1) Jaguars *11-5
2) Colts *11-5
3) Texans *6-10
4) Titans *3-13

AFC East

1) Dolphins *12-4
2) Patriots *10-6
3) Bills *7-9
4) Jets *4-12

AFC West

1) San Diego *12-4
2) Kansas City *10-6
3) Denver *9-7
4) Oakland *7-9

AFC North

1)Bengals *12-4
2) Steelers *12-4
3) Ravens: *8-8
4) Browns *6-10

MorKnolle
05-30-2006, 11:24 PM
09.10 Philadelphia - Winnable game, not sure how our team will look at the beginning of the year with a new system etc. but then again we may take a team or two by surprise before they get a better idea of what we're doing, plus Philly will have McNabb back for his first real game since his injury and without a significant weapon in his receiving core (also without that thorn in his backside). This game is definitely winnable but I'm not counting on it.
09.17 at Indianapolis - Don't see us winning this. Recently we've played the Colts fairly competitively throughout much of each game but in our 2nd real game with our new team I don't see us winning in Indy.
09.24 Washington - Winnable, but not especially likely. Washington will likely be a team pushing for the playoffs again, although they spent a ton of money in the offseason so we'll have to see how all of those high-profile players and coaches mix together.
10.01 Miami - Also winnable but will be tough. We may luck out that Culpepper won't be fully healthy at this point in the season but they finished the season strong last year and look to build off of that and push for the playoffs again. I think being this early in the year and a home game we could take this one, but once again I'm not counting on it.
10.08 Bye - Unfortunately at this point I only see us being 1-3, maybe 2-2. With three home games I'd love to predict a 3-1 record but all three of these teams are potential playoff contenders, so I'd be happy heading into our bye and game with Dallas at 2-2.
10.15 at Dallas - There is nothing I'd like more than to beat Dallas, but they look like they could also be a strong team unless T.O. destroys their lockerroom at this early point of the season.
10.22 Jacksonville - We always play Jacksonville tough and being our first home division game I'm going to give us this one, I think a split with Jacksonville is a pretty reasonable prediction to make.
10.29 at Tennessee - We had better be able to sweep the Titans. I think they are probably one of the 2-3 worst teams in the AFC if not the whole NFL so I am really hoping we return to our form of 2004 and sweep them again.
11.05 at NY Giants - This will be very tough. All of the NFC East games will be tough, but this is the only one on the road (Dallas is only a 4 hour drive away, so that doesn't matter as much). They are currently my favorite to win their division anyways so I don't see us taking this one.
11.12 at Jacksonville - As I said before we always play them tough and I think we will split with them so I'll give them this game, although we frequently play them tougher at their place than at ours.
11.19 Buffalo - Definitely winnable and I expect us to win, along with Tennessee this should be our easiest home game of the year.
11.26 at NY Jets - Definitely winnable, can't wait to see the Mario vs. D'Brick battle that could finish Pennington off for the season, assuming he even lasts this long. I expect us to win, although they should be somewhat improved and we will be at their place.
12.03 at Oakland - I expect us to win this game too. I don't think the Raiders will be much better (if at all), so I think we can take this game and give us our first ever three game winning streak.
12.10 Tennessee - The winning streak will be pushed to four games as we complete the sweep of Tennessee. Bud will force Jeff Fisher to start Vince Young for the first time to try to win over some of our fans and Mario Williams will knock him out of the game with a concussion in the late 1st quarter.
12.17 at New England - I would like to say the win streak will continue but I don't see us going to New England and winning, especially in December, unless Tom Brady and a couple of their other star players are injured.
12.24 Indianapolis - I'm hoping at this point in the season we will be good enough to maybe finally beat Indy, but I'm not counting on that happening this year, I think 2007 is our target for that.
12.31 Cleveland - Should definitely win this one. Their week 17 win against us two years ago started our horrible stretch that continued thru all of last year but yielded us a new coaching staff, new systems, and Mario Williams, so we will beat them for the 2nd straight year as a way of thanking them for starting our struggles.

In summary, if we are 2-2 at our bye week heading in to Dallas I'll be thrilled. All four of those teams are potential playoff teams but with three of those four games at home I think we could maybe take two, but I won't be real discouraged with a 1-3 mark at that point. I think we should be able to take one if not both of the next two games at Dallas and home vs. Jacksonville, so a 3-3 mark going into week 8 would be great, 2-4 would probably be more expected, 1-5 would be disappointing. Tennessee we should beat, then on the road for the Giants and Jaguars will be two tough teams, so 4-5 at that point would be good, 3-6 would be ok, 2-7 will be disappointing. Then we have Buffalo at home, the Jets and Raiders on the road, and Tennessee at home. I really think we can and should win all four of those games, maybe drop one in there. After that stretch I think we could potentially be 8-5, but I'd be happy with the more likely 7-6 or 6-7, be disappointed with 5-8 or anything worse. Then we are at New England and home for the Colts which I don't expect to win either of, then we host Cleveland which I expect to win. So after all of that I think 9-7 is not out of the question, but more likely 7-9 or 8-8. 6-10 I would be ok with but somewhat disappointed, and 5-11 or anything worse I would say we underachieved unless we have a lot of key injuries.

HOOK'EM
06-13-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm thinking 9-7, just missing the playoffs.:twocents: