PDA

View Full Version : Cook, BJ, and McKenzie

Ibar_Harry
05-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Cook and BJ now are on the multimedia and the scripts of McKenzie are on the news at the Web Site.

So far I like McKenzie better than Smith. Its a perception thing, but I thought there was to much I in Smith. He's smart but his interview came off as snobish to me. I thought McKenzies statements were more down to earth. I want a different source of information, not just a yes man.

Cook's interview is very interesting. He loves football and he is smart. Sounds like he already knows his role as well as everyone elses on the offensive team. 1st impressions are often difference makers and I was extremely impressed with how he handled himself and the interview. Kubiak was right about this guy. Tampa said he was a player and I can believe that.

BJ's interview was mostly he's an on the field type of interview and he doesn't show any signs of his injuries. He missed a laser from Carr, but I'm not certain anyone could have caught it anyway. It was simply good to see him there and obviously hustling.

I'm just posting what I feel and encourage everyone to take advantage of what is up on the Web site. Enjoy yourself and form your own opinions. That's what it is all about.

nunusguy
05-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Obviously we aren't privy to the meetings and what transpired between
McNair and these prospects for the GM job, bit you'd have to think Smith
has the edge because of his past association with the HC, and the strong
role McNair appears to have given Kubiak in the decision-making process.

GP
05-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Here's the link to the espn.com article on Mckenzie's interview, and his thoughts about the whole process with the Texans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2457073

Runner
05-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Obviously we aren't privy to the meetings and what transpired between
McNair and these prospects for the GM job, bit you'd have to think Smith
has the edge because of his past association with the HC, and the strong
role McNair appears to have given Kubiak in the decision-making process.

Just as obviously I don't know what I'm talking about here, but does anyone else get the impression McNair likes some conflict beween his GM and coach?

Meloy
05-25-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm leaning towards McKenzie. I don't think we need another yes man to Kubes. I like the HC but the GM should stand as a sounding board. He is liked by our a'head coach even if he may be gone in 2007. Both candidates seem knowledgable.

BradK10
05-25-2006, 09:46 PM
My view of the GM search so far is this

Smith = Kubiak in 2001 interviewing for the Texans job

McKenzie = Kubiak the 2nd time around

I love what I hear about McKenzie