PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams on NFL Live........

Hulk75
05-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Just to give you guys a heads up, Mario Williams is going to be NFL Live after the Twins and Indians game, around 3:00 maybe sooner maybe later depending on when the game is over.
Trey Wingo said he will be on today, so.
I dont know why it took them so long to put him on their show, considering he was the #1 pick.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
05-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Thaks for the heads up! Can't wait to see it.

TexanFan881
05-24-2006, 02:59 PM
He's been on a few shows but he's still not getting the coverage he should be getting as the #1 pick.

Tex Trenches
05-24-2006, 03:04 PM
It will be nice to see what our #1 looks and sounds like. :)

Kaiser Toro
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Appreciate the vine Hulk.

Cheap_Sunglasses
05-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Merril Hoge needs to shut up. He's arguing just to argue.

OF COURSE Defense wins championships

Sportsfan
05-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Appreciate the vine Hulk.

when did this MB turn into 'The Jungle' ? LOL

LoNghoRn-TeXaN
05-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Merril Hodge doesn't make any sense. He's questioning whether Mario Williams is good enough to stop the run?

Bamaborn-Texasbred
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I didn't expect Mario to get any love from any of those guys with the exception of Michael Smith, and that is just what he got.

Smokedawg
05-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Now Their talking about who they would build a defense around and they said Freeney(i agree) but Deagelo Hall? they said he is in the top 3 shutdown corners in the league and could be the best next year. Why are they always overhyping Atlanta players?

Hulk75
05-24-2006, 04:29 PM
I loved the fact that Mario knew what the Rookie Sack record was............:bananasplit: :fireball:

mexican_texan
05-24-2006, 04:32 PM
I loved the fact that Mario knew what the Rookie Sack record was............:bananasplit: :fireball:
keyword: was.

Reddevil63
05-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I like how they are already penciling in Bush for 15+ TD's as a rookie on a team with Joe Horn and Deuce McCallister

beerlover
05-24-2006, 04:45 PM
yeah...........was 14 1/2 :bowser: tell him the sack #'s are meaningless :mario:

run-david-run
05-24-2006, 04:57 PM
I thought it was funny that after half an hour of saying Defense wins championships, eveyone except Michael Smith said they should have taken Reggie. When will ESPN get its head out of its ass?

nunusguy
05-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Mario's got that gravelly voice going like Reggie White, hope he got much more in common with the former Packer/Eagle great on the field.

Vinny
05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Merril Hodge doesn't make any sense. You have to turn on your factor-back logic valve. He took too many shots to the head when he was a back because everything he ever talks about ends up centering on the 'factor-back' like when you go to your Grandmother's house and she repeats the same story of you as a baby every time you go over.

Kingsville66
05-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I don’t get it. Why would he question Mario stopping the run? He stopped the run in college. He stopped the run in high school. I know that the NFL is a whole different league but what in the world is he basing this on? Does he not realize that Mario is 300 lbs? Does he have Mario confused with the other NC State DE that was only 245 lbs?

powerfuldragon
05-24-2006, 06:13 PM
what time's the replay?

TEXANS84
05-24-2006, 06:21 PM

Sad thing is he'll finish around 6-8 range for being on the strongside and labeled a bust by the ESPN know-it-all's.

Porky
05-24-2006, 06:55 PM
The number one overall draft pick, a guy who you say is better than Peppers, a guy that you passed on Reggie Bush for - better have 10+ sacks at season's end, or he is a bust, at least as a rookie.

Exascor
05-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Sad thing is he'll finish around 6-8 range for being on the strongside and labeled a bust by the ESPN know-it-all's.The number one overall draft pick, a guy who you say is better than Peppers, a guy that you passed on Reggie Bush for - better have 10+ sacks at season's end, or he is a bust, at least as a rookie.I agree with both of you guys. I doubt he'll get to 10 sacks since he's playing on the strongside of the line. People will say he was a decent player but no way deserving of the 1st pick because look at Peppers rookie season. If they don't play the same position it's tough to compare stats. I secretly wished they left him on the weakside just to get more sacks to prove the doubters wrong. I'm glad they placed him on the strongside because that allows Peek/Babin to get more playing time and maybe prove they are worth keeping. That was the best thing for the team imo.

TANSTAAFL
05-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Something else to remember regarding Peppers/Mario comparisons. Mario is a year younger as he came out as a true Junior (Peppers red-shirted). More importantly (not to discount Peek, et al), the DL that Peppers joined was full of studs. The DT and DE on the other side were constantly crushing the line, giving Peppers a lot of leeway to just "make plays".

Maddict5
05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
The number one overall draft pick, a guy who you say is better than Peppers, a guy that you passed on`(my man crush) Reggie Bush for - better have 10+ sacks at season's end, or he is a bust, at least as a rookie.

:rolleyes:
its all about the stats for you, what happens if he only has 5-6 sacks but the d-line is good at stopping the run and the rest of the line does well because they send alot of blockers mario's way..he'll be a bust:confused:

id guess you'd pick deltha o neil over some shut down corner because deltha would have more int's...Stats dont tell the whole story...

or what if your precious reggie doesnt have a good year...1300yards and 10+ td's as we're all aiming high around here-will he be a bust??

ClintonPortis26
05-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Mario Williams is gonna anchor your defense for years to come. It was a great pick especially with the Jaguars, Colts, and the Titans(who will have Vince Young and Calvin Johnson by the end of next years draft.).

Hopfully, he can anchor that offensive line the way Dwight Freeney anchors his...

Example: Robert Mathis

Ibar_Harry
05-24-2006, 08:56 PM
As he looks at the QB he thinks another one of those ESPN commentators. Yea, he's in my sights.

Honoring Earl 34
05-24-2006, 09:07 PM
:chicken: If Mario gets 8 sacks and Reggie gets 700 yds and 4 tds , is Mario still a bust ?

Hulk75
05-24-2006, 09:30 PM
James Posey I think almost had 10, Mario is GOING to get 10+.

Kaiser Toro
05-24-2006, 09:34 PM
It was a great pick especially with the Jaguars, Colts, and the Titans(who will have Vince Young and Calvin Johnson by the end of next years draft.).

Don't bogart that crystal ball, pass it on over to me.

TexanBorn51
05-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Mario having 0 sacks, 5 sacks, or 20 sacks, If Mario is on the right side, left side, middle side. If Mario has 0 tackles, 5 tackles, 50 tackles, whatever it may be as the future season comes nearer I can truly say that the media, sportswriters, Texan players, fans, and the entire NFL world will notice his comparable performance but so much more for him and everyone else if the Texans as a team just win games and give those teams that will win a challenge that won't be easy.

BigBull17
05-25-2006, 08:31 AM
I thought it was funny that after half an hour of saying Defense wins championships, eveyone except Michael Smith said they should have taken Reggie. When will ESPN get its head out of its ass?

Yeah they said we should have draffted Reggie, then later some of them said that if you want to build a championship team you need a big time DE. :thumbup

TexanFan881
05-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah they said we should have draffted Reggie, then later some of them said that if you want to build a championship team you need a big time DE. :thumbup

They really need to get their story strait :francis: