PDA

View Full Version : So Mario Williams looked good in practice??

Goldeagle
05-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Who does not look good against our O-line

LOL

GOD, I hope Kubiak and Sherman can work miracles!

Goldeagle
05-22-2006, 10:29 PM
LOL, VERY true lol!

Im joking around, but I really want to believe in this O-line with Kubiak and Sherman. I dont think Winston was a great pick since he was embarassed badly all week at the senior bowl, but I have hope for that Spencer guy we drafted just before him.

DarkNinja
05-22-2006, 11:46 PM
One man doesn't make a team or a defense and a QB will lay on his back more than Jenna Jameson this season again. Hey I wonder if Kubes enjoying that new house Carr bought for him to stay on the roster.....Oops, did I say too much.

keyfro
05-23-2006, 12:14 AM
yeah anybody that big and fast should look good on the first day

TexanFan881
05-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Who does not look good against our O-line

LOL

GOD, I hope Kubiak and Sherman can work miracles!

C'mon, let's think positive :) The O-line is amazing and Mario Williams is that much better :texflag:

TEXANRED
05-23-2006, 08:20 AM
One man doesn't make a team or a defense and a QB will lay on his back more than Jenna Jameson this season again. Hey I wonder if Kubes enjoying that new house Carr bought for him to stay on the roster.....Oops, did I say too much.
(***COUGH COUGH***)TROLL(***COUGH COUGH***)

Keith Campbell
05-23-2006, 08:38 AM
super mario had agood practice? who would have thunk it?

beerlover
05-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Bruce Smith was the #1 overall pick back in 85, came into camp out of shape and was much less the intimadating force of Mario and he went on to have a pretty decent career :cool:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3836526.html

Smith was the top pick in the 1985 draft, selected by Buffalo despite his reputation for taking plays off, just like Williams. Also like Williams, Smith was incredibly talented.

As a rookie, Smith was notorious around the league for disappearing acts. But as Smith matured, he became a dominating and disruptive force and will be voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility

Texian
05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Maybe! Just Maybe! Williams is as big and fast as they say and THAT GOOD.

Could that be possible, not with the the trolls unwilling to give him a chance and wishing he fails.

TexanSam
05-23-2006, 08:23 PM
LOL, VERY true lol!

Im joking around, but I really want to believe in this O-line with Kubiak and Sherman. I dont think Winston was a great pick since he was embarassed badly all week at the senior bowl, but I have hope for that Spencer guy we drafted just before him.

I don't the Senior Bowl should count for everything. This was a guy considered a potential 1st round pick before knee surgery in 2004. I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you could find guys who did poorly at the Senior Bowl but had very good NFL careers. Our O-line should be upgraded. Pitts and McKinney move back to the positions they are best at. Flanagan is a Pro Bowl center when he's healthy (hopefully he stays healthy). Salaam has worked with Kubiak before and was a starter in Jacksonville. And coaching has a lot to do with it also. It should say something when Joe Pendry, our offensive line coach for the first 3 years and 2 games can't get a job. I'm not sure who took over for him, but if he's gotten a job with another NFL team, well...I wish that team the best of luck.

edo783
05-23-2006, 08:30 PM
The good thing about the D-line being pretty good (seems that way so far) is that it will force the O-line to improve or hit the bricks. Should help all around. I-bar mentioned this last year that they were both bad, so neither was forced to improve during pratice. Think that is changing this year.

dwilt72
05-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Who doesn't look good in shorts? Let's see how he looks when they actually put on the pads and start hitting.