PDA

View Full Version : Sage

aquafin
05-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Hello Texans...

I am a lifelong Dolphin fan. I was terribly saddened to see Sage Rosenfels leave our team We were all big fans of his. He especially won us over after leading us to that great come from behind win against Buffalo where we were down something like 24-3 with 12 mins left in the 4th quarter. Sage had a knack for making big plays happen. we all wanted Sage to continue to develop here in Miami. I would have preferred Sage as our #2 instead of Joey Harrington. Oh well..our loss is your gain. I wish Sage the very best in Texas. You guys will grow to appreciate Sage just as the Dolfans appreciated him.

P.S..your team is looking good for 2006/2007. I think the Dolphins and Texans are both teams on the rise. See ya in the superbowl soon.

Good luck Sage! We will miss you in the aqua and orange!

axman40
05-22-2006, 09:16 PM
P.S..your team is looking good for 2006/2007. I think the Dolphins and Texans are both teams on the rise. See ya in the superbowl soon.

Thanks hopefully we can meet in AFC Championship game soon.

:fans: :trophy:

phantom17
05-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks 4 the nice comments on Sage, Kubes also saw something in him! Good luck on your season! I always thought Saban was a great choice as your team's coach!:)

Bobo
05-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Hello Texans...

I am a lifelong Dolphin fan. I was terribly saddened to see Sage Rosenfels leave our team We were all big fans of his. He especially won us over after leading us to that great come from behind win against Buffalo where we were down something like 24-3 with 12 mins left in the 4th quarter. Sage had a knack for making big plays happen. we all wanted Sage to continue to develop here in Miami. I would have preferred Sage as our #2 instead of Joey Harrington. Oh well..our loss is your gain. I wish Sage the very best in Texas. You guys will grow to appreciate Sage just as the Dolfans appreciated him.

Hmm. Seeing that the Dolphins have been so weak at QB for the last several years, I doubt they would have given up on this guy if he had any kind of skills whatsoever. Believe me, if the Dolphins pick up Ragone, they will have traded up.

TexanFan881
05-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the good luck and I hope we do get to see you in the playoffs. This should be a really exciting season for both of us, especially you guys after you got Culpepper.

trane
05-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Hello Texans...

If he was so good...how come Gus Frerotte was the starter?

tsip
05-23-2006, 08:51 AM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2001/profile/sage_rosenfels.html

Here's a little info on Sage. Going into the 2001 NFL Draft, he was not among the top QB prospects. My biggest concern about him is his accuracy, which was less than 50% his senior year and just over 50% for his entire collegiate career. 60% plus has become the norm for top QB's at both the college/pro level. However, according to the article, he does have some 'upside,' including the mention of his scrambling ability, though the article says he needs to pass more/scramble less. His intelligence is also a plus, along with his size and durability. This article verifies what other posters have suggested about why Kubiak favored him over Ragone--- MOBILITY. Well see.

El Tejano
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Does he have any kind of leadership qualities? Can the dude take a hit and get back up?

Hulk75
05-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Does he have any kind of leadership qualities? Can the dude take a hit and get back up?
I know one that can.:)
No Sage is a leap and bound better then Tony, If God forbid any injury comes to Carr we will be okay.

tsip
05-23-2006, 11:29 AM

...from the link I posted--

"Confident field general with a strong personality...Tough and durable, absorbing punishing shots without ever being knocked out of a game"

Hulk75
05-23-2006, 11:30 AM
"Confident field general with a strong personality...Tough and durable"
Wow sounds like we got Peyton in here.

Wolf
11-22-2006, 10:05 PM
I wonder why he couldn't beat out the likes of Ray Lucas,Gus Ferrotte,Griese,Fiedler over the years and the dolphins got Joey Harrington over him.

researching I was trying to find out about Sage.. this thread sounds like our website

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=603745

doing a search I haven't gotten any insight on Sage and what the fans have seen about him