PDA

View Full Version : When can our rookies train?

Ibar_Harry
05-22-2006, 11:03 AM
I noticed the draftees are in the OTA's and Williams we have no problem with because he is already signed. Our other draftees are not, so is it a league rule that draftees can not participate in TC's unless they are signed? I aslo noticed that Bush is restating his demands to NO. I keep hoping to hear that we have signed our draftees early as we usually do. Certainly makes for an easier camp. Does anyone know if we are engaging in contract negotiations with our draftees?

MorKnolle
05-23-2006, 12:16 AM
I noticed the draftees are in the OTA's and Williams we have no problem with because he is already signed. Our other draftees are not, so is it a league rule that draftees can not participate in TC's unless they are signed? I aslo noticed that Bush is restating his demands to NO. I keep hoping to hear that we have signed our draftees early as we usually do. Certainly makes for an easier camp. Does anyone know if we are engaging in contract negotiations with our draftees?

I think the players can practice in training camp as far as the league is concerned, but they aren't going to unless they have signed a contract already and have their money coming in case they get injured.

edo783
05-23-2006, 09:32 AM
You will also see some that miss OTAs because they haven't formally graduated yet from college. NCAA say "NO". Lots of them will come to camp even without a contract (usually the low round guys) as they have insurance against injuries because they can't afford to miss any practice if they want to have any hope of making the team.