latim06800
05-22-2006, 09:41 AM
1. David Carr
2. Sage Rosenfals
3. ??????

Can anyone help me out with this????

Sportsfan
05-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Not at the moment, i'm sure you'll know whenever everyone else knows.

lporter85
05-22-2006, 10:52 AM
3) Quinton Porter

Bobo
05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
1. David Carr
2. Sage Rosenfals
3. ??????

Can anyone help me out with this????

If Carr did go down, does anyone here honestly think Rosenfeldts would be better than Ragone?

latim06800
05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Who is Quinton Porter????

Exascor
05-22-2006, 11:20 AM
He's an undrafted FA out of Boston College. I really don't know anything solid about him though. Here's a thread with some links that might help some. Clicky (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=22739&highlight=Quinton+Porter)

lporter85
05-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Played at Boston College where he he started two years but both seasons were cut short by injuries. Broken hand and a torn ankle.

Sportsfan
05-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Well i stand corrected, didn't know we had a 3rd stringer already lined up.

lporter85
05-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Right now he's only penciled in. Mat Baker (UNC) another UDFA is competing for the spot too.

Huge
05-22-2006, 11:46 AM
What happened to Dave Ragone?

(Edit: Nevermind...just noticed the other thread)

lporter85
05-22-2006, 11:47 AM
He was waived.

Hervoyel
05-22-2006, 12:03 PM
If Carr did go down, does anyone here honestly think Rosenfeldts would be better than Ragone?

I imagine if Gary Kubiak were here then he'd say "Yes, I believe Rosenfeldts would be better than Ragone". Now whether he would be right or wrong I do not know but I believe he would say that.

It's early in Kubiak's tenure as coach and for him to waive Dave Ragone I simply have to believe that he saw something in Ragone's game that was going to absolutely prevent him from running this offense correctly.

It's an either/or deal to me. You either think he knows what he's doing or you don't. I think Kubiak knows what he's doing in letting Ragone go and bringing in Sage Rosenfeldts.

Ibar_Harry
05-22-2006, 12:05 PM
I imagine if Gary Kubiak were here then he'd say "Yes, I believe Rosenfeldts would be better than Ragone". Now whether he would be right or wrong I do not know but I believe he would say that.

It's early in Kubiak's tenure as coach and for him to waive Dave Ragone I simply have to believe that he saw something in Ragone's game that was going to absolutely prevent him from running this offense correctly.

It's an either/or deal to me. You either think he knows what he's doing or you don't. I think Kubiak knows what he's doing in letting Ragone go and bringing in Sage Rosenfeldts.

Kubiak is very high on Sage. He said that at the press conference and he has talked about it at other times. This move has as much to do with style of offense as anything.

SnakeOilTanker
05-22-2006, 12:50 PM
This man love for Ragone is insane.

Just wow....

I guess its all because of NFL Europe.

Bad Draft Pick, even worse fit for Kubiaks offense.

trane
05-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Kubiak is very high on Sage. He said that at the press conference and he has talked about it at other times. This move has as much to do with style of offense as anything.

What puzzles me is that they waive Ragone because he is too much of a pocket passer and the QB in Kubiak's offense has to be mobile. Yet they pass on the second most mobile QB in the history of college football. :wacko:

CoastalTexan
05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Gary Kubiak must have thought David Carr is better than "the second most mobile QB in the history of College football", by the way who is that?

Ibar_Harry
05-22-2006, 02:17 PM
What puzzles me is that they waive Ragone because he is too much of a pocket passer and the QB in Kubiak's offense has to be mobile. Yet they pass on the second most mobile QB in the history of college football. :wacko:

MONEY

Brandon420tx
05-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Gary Kubiak must have thought David Carr is better than "the second most mobile QB in the history of College football", by the way who is that?
Its Reggie Bush, He believes he can play every offensive postion at the same time and deserves the money that goes with being a 1 man offense. :sarcasm:

BTW this is not and anti-RB post, just a the draft is over, get over it post.

I believe he was trying to refer to VY.... that one guy .... who did stuff.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
05-22-2006, 02:28 PM
I just wonder how long it is going to take for someone on this message board to concoct the most unbelievable trade deal between the Texans and Titans that puts Vince Young in a Texans uniform. I know it is coming. It'll be something like this:

Titans get: Williams, Carr, Robinson, and half of our O-Line.

Texans get: Young, Rolle, and Jeff Fisher.

mexican_texan
05-22-2006, 03:28 PM

Just wow....

I'm probably mistaken, but I seem to be the only one who likes Ragone, and not because of NFL Europe, I only saw him play once.

edo783
05-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Rags is/was a pretty good option for a backup QB. However, the system has changed and he doesn't have the moves for the new one. Certainly wasn't a brilliant pick given the change, but hardly a blown pick. 20-20 hindsite make it easy to be critical, but he filled a need and has talent. Just needs to get into a system that is pocket passer oriented and he will be fine.

Seņor Stan
05-22-2006, 08:43 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else think about the movie "Fletch" whenever someone butchers the spelling of Rosenfels...

Receptionist: May I help you Dr...?
Fletch: Oh, it's me, Dr. Rosenpenis. I'm just here to check out Alan Stanwyk's file.
Receptionist: Dr. who?
Fletch: Dr. Rosenrosen, I'm here to get to the records room.
Receptionist: What was that name again?
Fletch: It's Dr. Rosen, I want to check the records room.
Receptionist: Dr. who?
Fletch: Dr. Rosen. Where's the records room?

I think we ought to call Sage Rosenfels "Fletch" from now on.

bayoudreamn
05-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Great Post Senor Stan

I noticed the misspelling too....but your response was much better than mine would have been......very funny post......keep the comedy going!

Hervoyel
05-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I confess, I didn't know how to spell it. I just copied the spelling from a poster above me. I was feeling lazy.

Bobo
05-22-2006, 10:47 PM

Just wow....

Have you ever bothered to look at Sage Rosenfelds' stats? He was definitely a step down from Ragone.

Seņor Stan
05-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I confess, I didn't know how to spell it. I just copied the spelling from a poster above me. I was feeling lazy.

I thought you were just mocking bobo's spelling.

DarkNinja
05-22-2006, 11:15 PM
McNair should have known better. I thought he was in this business for money. Think Big!! If VY was here, there would be sold out Skyboxes, season tickets, merchandise from here to Austin, TX. McNair must not want all that money all the way from Austin. Example: Sold out Big 12 game, Colorado had to send 5000 unsold tickets to Houston. The Texans franchise would have made more money on him alone than extending a 3 year contract on a used Carr. Now we draft Super Mario and other budget players, do you honestly think this teams is a divisional threat, oh wait a Wild Card threat?? C'mon, whatever happened to putting the money on where your mouth is? Hey, I'm in real estate, who brought Kubes his house and why Carr is still on the roster....hmm??

mexican_texan
05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
McNair should have known better. I thought he was in this business for money. Think Big!! If VY was here, there would be sold out Skyboxes, season tickets, merchandise from here to Austin, TX. McNair must not want all that money all the way from Austin. Example: Sold out Big 12 game, Colorado had to send 5000 unsold tickets to Houston. The Texans franchise would have made more money on him alone than extending a 3 year contract on a used Carr. Now we draft Super Mario and other budget players, do you honestly think this teams is a divisional threat, oh wait a Wild Card threat?? C'mon, whatever happened to putting the money on where your mouth is? Hey, I'm in real estate, who brought Kubes his house and why Carr is still on the roster....hmm??
Yeah, the Texans NEED VY to sell out games because they've never done that before.

Bobo
05-22-2006, 11:31 PM

Do you honestly think this team would have been any kind of a threat with VY?

texan279
05-23-2006, 09:01 AM
from www.kffl.com

Texans | Team might add a veteran quarterback
Mon, 22 May 2006 19:27:32 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak has not ruled out adding a veteran quarterback with QB Quinton Porter and QB Matt Baker, as well as incumbent QB David Carr and newly signed QB Sage Rosenfels.

El Tejano
05-23-2006, 09:11 AM
I was wondering what anyone thought of Kerry Collins coming in to compete for a job?

He is out there and he is cheap these days. I know he isn't everyone's favorite but he has won before and usually is a very good backup QB.

Does he fit this system?

Hervoyel
05-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Kerry Collins has been literally an interception machine every time I've seen him play in the last couple of years. Now granted that hasn't been often but it's colored my opinion of him a great deal. I just don't want to see that guy wearing a Texans uniform ever. I have zero interest in the team signing Kerry Collins.

The Pencil Neck
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
My take on Kerry Collins is that he's got a big arm but not much mobility. He's very inconsistent. He's been prone to interceptions but he's also had some really good years. Overall, his quarterback rating is just slightly better than Tony Banks.

He's not someone I'd particularly like to see in a Texans uni.

Texans34Life
05-23-2006, 11:14 AM

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak has not ruled out adding a veteran quarterback with QB Quinton Porter and QB Matt Baker, as well as incumbent QB David Carr and newly signed QB Sage Rosenfels.

kcwilson
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
from www.kffl.com

Texans | Team might add a veteran quarterback

It is a short, undistinguished list.

QBs still available:

Jay Fiedler
Kerry Collins
Tommy Maddox
Ty Detmer
Jeff Blake
Shaun Hill
Shane Matthews
Seneca Wallace (RFA)
Kordell Stewart