PDA

View Full Version : DeMeco Ryans Reviewed

Wolf
05-21-2006, 12:11 PM
DeMeco Ryans may have been lost in the shock after the Texans passed on Reggie Bush in the first round of the draft this year, but he will prove to be a great selection for the Texans.

It seems in the post-draft frenzy of the Houston Texans using the number one pick of the draft to select DE Mario Williams, other picks have been overlooked by some fans. The Texans did select some good talent to add to the team, and one of these players is DeMeco Ryans, the Texans second round draft pick.

http://texans.scout.com/2/531367.html

TexanFan881
05-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Ryans is a great pick for the Texans. He is a leader, both on the field and off. His personal character is a testament in the age of professional athletes who do not believe they are role models.

I really hope he can start for us this year. :drool: We need a leader too, even though he may be a little young to take on that role for our defense. Makes him sound like he would be a good fit for MLB.

DominickDavisFan76
05-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I really hope he can start for us this year. :drool: We need a leader too, even though he may be a little young to take on that role for our defense. Makes him sound like he would be a good fit for MLB.

Ya I hope he turns out like Shawne Merriman

YoungTexanFan
05-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Ya I hope he turns out like Shawne Merriman

They have completely different styles. Merriman is a freakin beast, a physical speciman. Think V. Davis of OLB's and that is Merriman. Ryans is a ball player who just gets it done, regardless.

ArlingtonTexan
05-21-2006, 01:42 PM
does anyone know info. on lofa tatupu?
didn't he go in the second round also and was talked down upon because of his size and perhaps his speed?
Tatupu turned out to be a hell of a pick for the seahawks

In term of the type of player ryans projects to be this is a pretty good comparison. He nor Tatupu are special in terms of size/speed ratio, but in college displayed superiors instincts and reaction to the ball. Tatupu was able to translate that to the NFL in his rookie year. Ryans will we have to wait and see.

F-minus67
05-21-2006, 02:23 PM
With Wong and Ryans, it seems the LBs corps have enought IQ to end global hunger of create an alternative substance to gas. But, Ryans seems like he could be in the mold of a Derrick Brooks, a little undersized and takes a more cerebral approach to the game.

Second Honeymoon
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
really happy with this pick. this guy has a great shot at eventually being the face of our defense. i hope he develops and takes a leadership role for the Texans like he did in the brutal SEC. Bama was handicapped with a below average offense the last few years, yet their defense kept them respectable...they always showed heart and that is something the Texans have been lacking late in games.

I was hoping for either Ryans or Carpenter to fall to #33 and I think we arguably got the better player. Smart guy with all the physical tools. Gotta love adding him to the new 4-3 scheme. :drool:

I hope we throw the kitchen sink :mario: at teams this year, Caper's conservative play calling made me puke the last few years....

doug from the woodlands

Wolfiegrrl
05-21-2006, 03:45 PM
does anyone know info. on lofa tatupu?
didn't he go in the second round also and was talked down upon because of his size and perhaps his speed?
Tatupu turned out to be a hell of a pick for the seahawks

I watch a lot of Seahawks football up here. Lofa Tatupu was one of the biggest surprises last year. My roommate is a die hard fan. She was completely shocked when they took him. She didn't know who the guy was.

What was amazing was the fact that he came into Training Camp the first day and started calling out the formations. The guy is awesome. Merriman was a bigger show-man last year, but Lofa was leading the Seahawks' defense. It was lovely to watch from the stands during the NFC Championship game last year.

I think Demecco is of the same caliber as Lofa. And to me, that will be a wonderful thing to have on our defense. :redtowel:

HeartofHouston
05-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I think that it was a great pick IMO the best LB available after Hawk and Sims went off the board. Forget all the size talk, this guys is EXTREMELY intelligent and instinctive and that's what the LB position is all about.

He covers great, blitzes great and read n reacts beautifully. I had been saying it for a while he was the heart of a VERY tough Bama defense. Also throw in the fact that he was the SEC Defense POTY. The SEC is a defense heavy conference (Georgia, Tenn, LSU, Florida, South Carolina and Auburn all have been known to produce awesome defensive talent) and this guy was crown the best of the best defensive conference.

I'm very confident in our LB Core. I still believe that Morlon Greenwood could turn out to be a good pick up (The price was a little pocket heavy though). With him at OLB, and work out Wong and Ryans at the SOLB and MLB position and see who takes to where the fastest. And if all else fails if Greenwood isnt coming along or Wong has recovered properly from his injury then there is a guy by the name of shantee orr who comes in rips stuff up. So i feel great about that draft pick and i'm excited about our LB core.

Wolf
05-22-2006, 10:23 PM
I think that it was a great pick IMO the best LB available after Hawk and Sims went off the board. Forget all the size talk, this guys is EXTREMELY intelligent and instinctive and that's what the LB position is all about.

He covers great, blitzes great and read n reacts beautifully. I had been saying it for a while he was the heart of a VERY tough Bama defense. Also throw in the fact that he was the SEC Defense POTY. The SEC is a defense heavy conference (Georgia, Tenn, LSU, Florida, South Carolina and Auburn all have been known to produce awesome defensive talent) and this guy was crown the best of the best defensive conference.

I'm very confident in our LB Core. I still believe that Morlon Greenwood could turn out to be a good pick up (The price was a little pocket heavy though). With him at OLB, and work out Wong and Ryans at the SOLB and MLB position and see who takes to where the fastest. And if all else fails if Greenwood isnt coming along or Wong has recovered properly from his injury then there is a guy by the name of shantee orr who comes in rips stuff up. So i feel great about that draft pick and i'm excited about our LB core.

I agree with that