PDA

View Full Version : Houston Chronicle Texans Fanblog

Texans_Chick
05-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Ok.
I' can't take it anymore.
Can we have a.j. and Texan Chick be the reporters for the Chronic?
Please?
Link (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?p=350777&#post350777)

Ask and you sorta receive....

I am not a reporter for the Chronicle because I do not pretend to be unbiased, nor do I pretend to have all the answers. But *breaking news here first*, I am going to be doing a Houston Chronicle Fanblog focused on Texans stuff.

Here is the linky: http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/

You can access it directly in the Chronicle's Texans page, and today it is a featured blog on the Sports homepage.

When I talked to the Chronicle people, they said that coverage of any sport by the sports page is limited by space considerations, but those limitations do not exist on the internet. So they are pretty happy about getting a Texans fanblog.

Anyway, I see it is being the FAN's blog, not really mine.

So, I would invite y'all to:

1. Comment as you see fit.

2. Email me (I don't have the link on the blog yet, but you can use the email one listed here) and if you want to contribute a blog entry or suggest a particular topic of conversation or article, please do. I will attribute you or your handle if you prefer unless you ask me not to.

The Houston Chronicle, for better or worse, defines the sports conversations for the city. Hopefully, we can help define it as well.

3. Please put it in your favorites and follow along. :redtowel:

Buffi2
05-21-2006, 09:39 AM
I am not a reporter for the Chronicle because I do not pretend to be unbiased, nor do I pretend to have all the answers. But *breaking news here first*, I am going to be doing a Houston Chronicle Fanblog focused on Texans stuff.

What an absolutely marvelous addition to Texan news you are and will be! Stroke of sheer genius, Texans Chick! Goodness knows the Chronicle needs help in the sports department.

I"ve read your first entries..Congratulations! Great Job!:yahoo:

quicksilver
05-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Outstanding blog. Well reasoned, intelligently conceived, eloquent, and just the right balance of objectivism and dedication to the organization. You've set high standards and I'm rooting for you to meet them perpetually.

Texan Asylum
05-21-2006, 10:17 AM
TChick...man I wish I had the skills you and others have. That is a marvelous site. You are truly gifted in word wrangle. I'm off to Church but plan to check it out in toto when I get back.

bayoudreamn
05-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Excellent post, Texans Chick......You Rock!!!

William.carter
05-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Fantastic news Texans_Chick. I'm looking forward to the information and insight you share there.

Wharton
05-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Sweet, I know I'll be tuning in!

Congrats, & good luck!

Ibar_Harry
05-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Texans Chick I didm't know we had so much in common. I have to laugh, because I think Caserly was a lot better than most think and a victum of McNair and Capers. Caserly could not fire Capers, even if wanted to, because of McNair.

If you read my posts on Kubiak I am very upbeat. I believe he has a lot of qualitities and you have expressed a number of them in your thread.

The one place I would disagree in one sense is that he basically did a total revamp the receivers core. I think he realized they were the weakest link on the ball club. Except for AJ, basically the old core is gone.

Best of luck with your new effort and you did a very nice job of expressing your self to the Texan's fans.

TMac48
05-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Good stuff Texans Chick. I look forward to reading.

Hardcore Texan
05-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Excellent writing, great job. Did I see you being interviewed on Southwest Report after the Luncheon?

MightyTExan
05-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Nice!

bckey
05-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Excellent job there Texans Chick. I'm looking forward to more good reading. I've always liked your level headed assessments on this bb.

Stampede
05-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Added to my favorites list. Good stuff T.C.

mike moffat
05-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Texans Chick.....You rock girl. Excellent blog. I too have added the site to my favorites. Keep up the excellent work.:redtowel:

texanmojo
05-22-2006, 09:31 AM
TC...your mug shot now appears right below McClain, Justice, and Lopez!

Good work!

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/

Kaiser Toro
05-22-2006, 09:42 AM
TC...your mug shot now appears right below McClain, Justice, and Lopez!

Good work!

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/

Very nice TC.

SAMURAITEXAN
05-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Awesome TC!!

Runner
05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Just when I was about to send you a couple of tips you beome a member of the fourth estate....

kfranco_utexas
05-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Texans Chick....one question
Longhorns or Aggies?:superman:

whiskeyrbl
05-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Way to go TC,nice blog. It's nice for people to read positive statements about our team instead of some peoples points of disappointment. Added to my Favs...Keep up the good work!

Texans_Chick
05-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Excellent writing, great job. Did I see you being interviewed on Southwest Report after the Luncheon?

Yes. I think they were stunned that Preston and I didn't go all RichardJustice over the Mario Williams draft pick.

I was watching the Astros game with the sound off so I only saw the video. Personally, I don't care for the up the nostils camera angle--I'm not that tall so why he held the camera low is beyond me.

I did catch myself doing a minor eyeroll so I must have been expressing some disgust at fan stupidity. :cool:

Texans_Chick
05-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Texans Chick....one question
Longhorns or Aggies?:superman:

The answer depends on what the precise question is.

Are we talking football or helping sheep over the fence? :wiggle:

Double Barrel
05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Good job, TC! :thumbup I've always enjoyed reading your posts, so it makes sense for you to share your perspective with the rest of Houston. I look forward to future installments. Please update us as you do them, if you don't mind.

Hardcore Texan
05-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes. I think they were stunned that Preston and I didn't go all RichardJustice over the Mario Williams draft pick.

I was watching the Astros game with the sound off so I only saw the video. Personally, I don't care for the up the nostils camera angle--I'm not that tall so why he held the camera low is beyond me.

I did catch myself doing a minor eyeroll so I must have been expressing some disgust at fan stupidity. :cool:

You represented well, I though it might be you at the time I saw it but wasn't sure, I was happy to hear the positives you mentioned as I share many of those opinions, especially about Kubiak. :superman:

BradK10
05-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Skippy Skipperson = Richard Justice :)

Ibar_Harry
05-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Did the chronicle retaliate? Am I missing something?

Mr. White
05-24-2006, 08:24 PM
It's on the Texans/NFL page in Sports.

Ibar_Harry
05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I see what they did. You have to go to more blogs. Too much competition for Justice and McClain so they put her on the back page.

Mr. White
05-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah, they put all of Justice and Lopez' whining on the front page. :crying:

Texans_Chick
05-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, they put all of Justice and Lopez' whining on the front page. :crying:

The Chronicle is interesting. They were voted as having the best Blogs by far of any newspaper in the country.

As I understand it, the way they divide blogs is by Reader Blogs and Chron.com Blogs. The Reader Blogs are handled by one part of the organization and the Chron.com FanBlogs are the news blogs that are handled by the different news parts of the organization.

So though I read the Chronicle, I am not doing a Reader Blog but rather a FanBlog. Whatever.

On the sports page, they rotate who the "feature blogs" are. So when they launched the blog, it was listed as a feature blog on the sports page. I am sure at some point they will feature it again.

But the most reliable way to find it is to go to the Texans Sports page or the Sports main page and click on the "more sports blogs" link. (or you can click on my sig. :texflag:)

I had way too much fun writing the most recent post. Lots of pent up frustration relating to that one.

Edit: Oh and I wanted to add that the only restrictions on what I write is that I don't violate the law and I don't say stuff that would be bad for kids to read.

Meloy
05-25-2006, 04:07 PM
The Chronicle is interesting. They were voted as having the best Blogs by far of any newspaper in the country.

As I understand it, the way they divide blogs is by Reader Blogs and Chron.com Blogs. The Reader Blogs are handled by one part of the organization and the Chron.com FanBlogs are the news blogs that are handled by the different news parts of the organization.

So though I read the Chronicle, I am not doing a Reader Blog but rather a FanBlog. Whatever.

On the sports page, they rotate who the "feature blogs" are. So when they launched the blog, it was listed as a feature blog on the sports page. I am sure at some point they will feature it again.

But the most reliable way to find it is to go to the Texans Sports page or the Sports main page and click on the "more sports blogs" link. (or you can click on my sig. :texflag:)

I had way too much fun writing the most recent post. Lots of pent up frustration relating to that one.

Edit: Oh and I wanted to add that the only restrictions on what I write is that I don't violate the law and I don't say stuff that would be bad for kids to read.Wow! A woman that loves sports, shoots from the hip and has morals? I think I'm in Luvvv! Enjoyed your thoughts.

Double Barrel
05-25-2006, 05:27 PM
heh-heh-heh, new word for me: bloviate!

Man, I'll definitely use that one against some unsuspecting blowhard *cough*Skippy!*cough*. :thumbup Thanks, TC!

aj.
05-25-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm guessing Steph watches O'Reilly.

phantom17
05-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Great job!:redtowel:

CowboysTexansFan
05-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Way to go, TC. Your commentary will be a huge step up from what I'm used to reading from the Chronicle's paid staff.

I can't wait for the season to begin! Our team is going to be much better than people expect.

:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

Texans_Chick
05-25-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm guessing Steph watches O'Reilly.

Actually never.

Does he use that word? Or operationally define it?

Seriously, I never watch his show--how does O'Reilly related to bloviating? Just know enough about his show that I don't think I'd like it and I read about the gross stuff he was accused of saying.

Seņor Stan
05-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Actually never.

Does he use that word? Or operationally define it?

Seriously, I never watch his show--how does O'Reilly related to bloviating? Just know enough about his show that I don't think I'd like it and I read about the gross stuff he was accused of saying.

I don't know about bloviating. I don't watch his show either, but the only radio stations I can pick up on my midnight drive home from work have Coast to Coast AM or the O'Reilly Radio Factor. If the tin foil hat crowd gets too looney, I sometimes switch to O'Reilly.

He almost always greets his callers with a "What say you?"

aj.
05-25-2006, 09:15 PM
During the last segment of his show every evening he solicits email from viewers and reminds them to "keep it pithy and NO bloviating, that's my job."

Texans_Chick
05-25-2006, 09:28 PM
During the last segment of his show every evening he solicits email from viewers and reminds them to "keep it pithy and NO bloviating, that's my job."

Ahhhhhh. So he was using the word AND operationally defining it.

I am not sure I will use that word any more. :cool: