PDA

View Full Version : 2-0?

DominickDavisFan76
05-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Could the Texans equal their win total of last year in 2 games, or will It take them a couple weeks.

Or will they even get to 2-14?

mapleleaf
05-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Anything but a 2-14 would be okay...

I hope we can become like 4-4 by mid season, then we're okay.

phantom17
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM
If the Texans win only one game, I will probably hear "FIRE KUBES" ad naseum! And " I told you we should have drafted Bush"! rants/chants. GOSH, I really hope not! I'm pulling for Kubes & co. GO Super Mario!!!!:poker: :mario: :redtowel:

TexanFan881
05-20-2006, 10:42 AM
I don't think it happens in the first two weeks. I think we can beat Phili but Indi is going to be a hard team to beat and we've never really had much luck against them. Washington should be a close game and I think that we can beat Miami so we can be 2-2 by our bye week.

Tex Trenches
05-20-2006, 12:18 PM
I like our chances against Philly and Indy. I'd say 2-0 is highly possibly. The Texans will be extremely motivated to get the losing taste out of their mouths after a miserable 2005 campaign. As far as Indy goes, the Texans have one more life to give.

Go Texans!

dwilt72
05-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I think they will be 0-2. Everyone seems to be writing Philly off. Remember their problems last year were after McNabb got hurt and Owens imploded. They have since gotten rid of their big baby and McNabb should be back this year. Remember this team was in the Super Bowl at the end of the 2004 season.

TexanFan881
05-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I think they will be 0-2. Everyone seems to be writing Philly off. Remember their problems last year were after McNabb got hurt and Owens imploded. They have since gotten rid of their big baby and McNabb should be back this year. Remember this team was in the Super Bowl at the end of the 2004 season.

There defense has been average. They have no good #1 WR. McNabb isn't going to have anyone to throw the ball to. And Brian Westbrook was pretty uncessful last year running as they had no running game.

Wolf
05-20-2006, 01:34 PM
I hope we are 2-2 after 4 games.. I think we will struggle early on, just because of us learning a new system on both sides of the ball.

DominickDavisFan76
05-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Honestly I think we could go 2-0 because Philly doesnt have T.O.? should I say more,
Indy is no longer a 2 dimensional team, because i dont think joseph addai will be effective with mario and demeco, so we will have peyton throwing all day, and even if he is good at doing that he wont win championships that way so i think we can go 2-0

Trapped
05-20-2006, 07:18 PM
i don't know, people on this board is underestimating Philly. Without T.O, they have always been a playoff team anyways until everything just fell apart last year.

I would love for us to be a team that shocks the world, and something inside tells me we can be.

NoBullTexan
05-20-2006, 07:44 PM
We are fully capable of beating either Philly or Indy now. Something we could not have honestly said last year even though we were coming off a 7-9 season a year before that. We are going to beat Indy sometime, why not make it the first time we see them this year?

JAXwithanX
05-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Philly is nowhere near the same team as they were before they had TO. They don't even have the same players hardly, not to mention they haven't drafted or filled in the old spots that well with young talent. Name a young player on that team that is about to make a difference? Unless McNabb comes on ridiculously strong and enables Reid to go back to calling the highest percent of passing plays in the league....Westbrook will be shut down again. And even if McNabb is strong....the deep ball isn't there for that team at the moment....so teams will still probably be shutting down their O. The only way the Eagles are going to contend is if their D takes a big step up, or if a WR comes out of nowhere to be a playmaker. They are definitely on the way down as of right now. Haven't drafted very well either the past few years. And all those players that do still happen to be there before TO....well they are 3 years older now.

run-david-run
05-20-2006, 11:39 PM
i don't know, people on this board is underestimating Philly. Without T.O, they have always been a playoff team anyways until everything just fell apart last year.

I would love for us to be a team that shocks the world, and something inside tells me we can be.
Even without TO, they have lost a lot of talent over the last couple of years. They are also an old team. They can be a wildcard of sorts, but until they prove it on the field I think they are not a playoff team.

Hulk75
05-20-2006, 11:46 PM
10 or 11 games we win, we lost how many games by less then 7 points 6 or 7?
We are a FAAAR better team this year with a MUCH beter scheme, and all the guys are ready to go and are hungry and tired of lossing.
I am telling you we are due for a BIG turn around.

Jwwillis
05-20-2006, 11:56 PM

Seems with a 0-2 prediction you have chosen to "write off" the Texans

mancunian
05-21-2006, 05:40 AM
There defense has been average. They have no good #1 WR. McNabb isn't going to have anyone to throw the ball to. And Brian Westbrook was pretty uncessful last year running as they had no running game.

Westbrook was injured last year for a large part of it as was half of the defence. I think they lost 5 defensive starters to IR.

mancunian
05-21-2006, 05:48 AM

I think Philly will be harder than the Colts. Indy lost James and I think he was a central plank of their offense.
The Colts used the threat of an effective running game to sell a lot of Play Action which gives Manning more time. Dominic Rhodes will be the likelt starter and even though he is a goog player he's no Edge James.

wicked_wayz
05-21-2006, 07:09 AM

yeah i too agree don't get me wrong but i love the texans to bits and would see nuffin more that a super bowl ring to them all, but i just got to think realistically, why cause first of all its going to take our players a while to learn the new scheme and in the first few games its going to show, but don't get me wrong i still believe they're going to give philly and indy a run for its money, we'll lose but it won't be a blowout. but i believe our team is really going to step up after the bye week and really start winning games cause by then they'll (rookies mostly) be more aware in executing their game plan. the texans i believe will have one of the most or if not the most rookies starting than any other nfl team

Bobo
05-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Anything but a 2-14 would be okay...

I hope we can become like 4-4 by mid season, then we're okay.

OK, 4-12. Happy with that? Maybe 5-11?

beerlover
05-21-2006, 07:59 AM
If past history has not been enough to tell us something then we have learned nothing :rolleyes:

Here's a novel :lightbulb: Lets try to focus on each game one at a time as they fall to us & base our prediction on sound anaylsis, current roster injurys, matchups & actually how well the Texans are playing verses their opponents. :mario:

Wolf
05-21-2006, 08:13 AM
If past history has not been enough to tell us something then we have learned nothing

Here's a novel : Lets try to focus on each game one at a time as they fall to us & base our prediction on sound anaylsis, current roster injurys, matchups & actually how well the Texans are playing verses their opponents.

Beerlover.. I hear ya :) and one thing you won't ever be accussed of is being Capers ...you didn't use the "execute" word :yahoo: :heh:

J-Storm
05-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Doesn't matter what sport it is or what team it is, saying you will be 2-0 or 0-2 after the 1st 2 games is hard to do with injuries etc as stated above. A lot can happen between now and the 1st game. Be patient people, good things come to those who wait as the saying goes after all... :drool:

BigDTexansFan
05-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't think it happens in the first two weeks. I think we can beat Phili but Indi is going to be a hard team to beat and we've never really had much luck against them. Washington should be a close game and I think that we can beat Miami so we can be 2-2 by our bye week.

I disagree TOTALLY with that, in Indianapolis we went into lockerroom 14-14 at half. they have lost a copule of key pieces on defense (Thornton and Triplett)..we have improved our defense through free agency and draft. On offense we won't be seeing Manning faking to James (freezing defense) only to throw to WR. When Manning does that move , most of defenses they face will smash into Manning and he will be wondering why they didn't go for fake....DUH Edge is in AZ.

I seem to remember we had a close game with Philly, in 1st half only time we played them. I think we with an improved defense and offense and losses to Colts roster can hold our own. Next up Washington, seem to remember at times they looked unbeatable then other games average. Miami will be tough to know how good they are, as we pretty much know we are looking at a 3-4 from Capers. but offense am not so sold on even with Culpepper in mix.

I could see us going 3-1 in 1st four followed by a resounding smackdown of Cowgirls in Dallas making us 4-1 and sure to be near top of division:bananasplit:

bayoudreamn
05-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Doesn't matter what sport it is or what team it is, saying you will be 2-0 or 0-2 after the 1st 2 games is hard to do with injuries etc as stated above. A lot can happen between now and the 1st game. Be patient people, good things come to those who wait as the saying goes after all... :drool:

Last year, after one preseason game, it was clear that the Texans weren't sharp. At the time, I hoped they were just a little behind and would catch up before the season began...or even by the third PS game when the starters played more. That never happened and what we got instead was alot of talk about things the TEXANS had ready to put in for these 1st teams on the schedule. Right.

Well....from what I hear on this board.....it doesn't sound like we'll start PS behind in development this year. I think you can count on that.

Eagles78
05-21-2006, 11:46 AM
I like our chances against Philly and Indy. I'd say 2-0 is highly possibly. The Texans will be extremely motivated to get the losing taste out of their mouths after a miserable 2005 campaign. As far as Indy goes, the Texans have one more life to give.

Go Texans!
Youre kidding right? If not youre a huge :homer:

bigtex77
05-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Youre kidding right? If not youre a huge :homer:

Why would he be kidding? I don't necessarily see us taking out Indy, but you guys, I know we can do that.

Eagles78
05-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Why would he be kidding? I don't necessarily see us taking out Indy, but you guys, I know we can do that.
:homer:

Eagles78
05-21-2006, 02:46 PM
How can you guys think the Texans will beat the Eagles? The only thing the Texans have better than the Eagles is a RB and WR's but those are both useless if theres no blocking:ok:

Seņor Stan
05-21-2006, 03:30 PM
How can you guys think the Texans will beat the Eagles? The only thing the Texans have better than the Eagles is a RB and WR's but those are both useless if theres no blocking:ok:

I hope the Eagles coaching staff and players see the game the same way you do.

Eagles78
05-21-2006, 03:45 PM
I hope the Eagles coaching staff and players see the game the same way you do.
Im sure they're shaking at the thought of playing the Mighty Houston Texans:tease:

B.Diddy
05-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Coming from a team who's biggest offseason addition was a reciever we didn't want

SAMURAITEXAN
05-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Im sure they're shaking at the thought of playing the Mighty Houston Texans:tease:
We will find out about that in Sept. Last year's record doesn't mean anything to me.

Ibar_Harry
05-22-2006, 01:07 AM

Go Texans!

Harrison is to have surgery on his elbow, so another problem in Colts land. We may just do better than a lot think. I have us picked over the Colts in the 1st game.

JAXwithanX
05-22-2006, 02:03 AM
At the beginning of the season in football....anything is possible....camp holdouts, injuries, physical shape, knocking off rust....its problems any team can have that can have an effect at the beginning. And i'm not just talking about stars....a couple of decent starters that aren't ready for one reason or another can kill a team considering a lot of times the depth isn't very well developed at that point either. But the Colts have Peyton Manning and last time i checked the same WR's....so unless Mario does put the pressure we are hoping for and our D greatly improves i don't see a win there. Remember....Edge is a great back....but he isn't elite....running through a line that is pass rushing with linebackers back in coverage isn't too hard....whoever they slot there at RB will get their yards. No one should kid themself....it was the QB and that pass attack who created that run game, not the other way around.

titan hater
05-22-2006, 08:21 AM
At the beginning of the season in football....anything is possible....camp holdouts, injuries, physical shape, knocking off rust....its problems any team can have that can have an effect at the beginning. And i'm not just talking about stars....a couple of decent starters that aren't ready for one reason or another can kill a team considering a lot of times the depth isn't very well developed at that point either. But the Colts have Peyton Manning and last time i checked the same WR's....so unless Mario does put the pressure we are hoping for and our D greatly improves i don't see a win there. Remember....Edge is a great back....but he isn't elite....running through a line that is pass rushing with linebackers back in coverage isn't too hard....whoever they slot there at RB will get their yards. No one should kid themself....it was the QB and that pass attack who created that run game, not the other way around.

As long as I don't hear this next April I will be happy, "With the first pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame..." With that in mind I thinkm we will be 1-1 after 2...

Ibar_Harry
05-22-2006, 09:41 AM

Harrison is to have surgery on his elbow this week. There are cracks in the dike.

kcwilson
05-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Seems with a 0-2 prediction you have chosen to "write off" the Texans

I think the issue is that we are going to be playing some battle-tested teams early on, teams that KNOW how to win games in teh 4th quarter.

Carr and co. still need to learn how to close games out and haven't had as much experience against top tier teams.

If it came down to a FG to win in the 4th quarter against Philly, what do you think sits in the back of the minds of the Texans early on.

I believe if we can win a close one late against Philly or Indy, the teams approach will be monumently different going forward. With a tough opening schedule, there has to be a way to build momentum off of the prior week's game, either by having a chance to win or winning late.

hollywood_texan
05-22-2006, 12:00 PM
It's possible the Texans go 2-0, but I wouldn't count on it.

I really look to the defense and their play. If they play really well, we could go 2-0.

The offense is going to have to get things together and that may take half the season to get that going. Meanwhile, the defense will need to bridge the gap and give the offense more chances so that they are not be too far behind or keep a narrow lead.

Bottom line, defense needs to step up big so the offense can catch up later in the season. Which is probably another reason why they took Mario.

Blowing a team out may be possible late in the season once the offense get cooking.

Trapped
05-22-2006, 12:45 PM
I remember seeing this thread last year. It appears too much like deja vu for me.

The only difference was that the players on the team thought they could be 2-0 too, this year i think we are just taking one game at a time.

whiskeyrbl
05-22-2006, 02:30 PM
I hope we start at 2-0, but really feel good at a possible 1-1 start. If our team buys into Kubes philosophy,and plays hard for four quarters and forces turnovers the sky is the limit.

bigtex77
05-24-2006, 07:05 AM
:homer:

Call me whatever you want, just laying out my opinion. You guy's best chance of winning this season wears #81 for the Cowgirls now.

TexanFan881
05-24-2006, 01:01 PM
I disagree TOTALLY with that, in Indianapolis we went into lockerroom 14-14 at half. they have lost a copule of key pieces on defense (Thornton and Triplett)..we have improved our defense through free agency and draft. On offense we won't be seeing Manning faking to James (freezing defense) only to throw to WR. When Manning does that move , most of defenses they face will smash into Manning and he will be wondering why they didn't go for fake....DUH Edge is in AZ.

I seem to remember we had a close game with Philly, in 1st half only time we played them. I think we with an improved defense and offense and losses to Colts roster can hold our own. Next up Washington, seem to remember at times they looked unbeatable then other games average. Miami will be tough to know how good they are, as we pretty much know we are looking at a 3-4 from Capers. but offense am not so sold on even with Culpepper in mix.

I could see us going 3-1 in 1st four followed by a resounding smackdown of Cowgirls in Dallas making us 4-1 and sure to be near top of division:bananasplit:

I know that it can happen and that it might happen, that we end up beating Indy, but I just don't see it happening because I don't think the team gets on fire until mid-season. It will be a close game, I can garentee you that, but we just can't seem to beat them. Even when we played them in '04 when we went 7-9 (that's pretty decent) we still lost both games to them. Hopefully you're right though, and it does happen this year.

Meloy
05-24-2006, 01:26 PM
If past history has not been enough to tell us something then we have learned nothing :rolleyes:

Here's a novel :lightbulb: Lets try to focus on each game one at a time as they fall to us & base our prediction on sound anaylsis, current roster injurys, matchups & actually how well the Texans are playing verses their opponents. :mario: Nah, where's the fun in that?

Meloy
05-24-2006, 01:34 PM
How can you guys think the Texans will beat the Eagles? The only thing the Texans have better than the Eagles is a RB and WR's but those are both useless if theres no blocking:ok: 'Cause we got the same oline as last year! and a even swap @ the slot! and MOULDS! and a another TE that can catch but not block! and new coaches teaching ZONE BLOCKING ( wait, didn't we have zone blocking last season?) and we will have a new GM cause ol' Casserly did what the coaches asked.. You guys ain't got a chance!!

Bearfan Blue and Orange
05-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Call me whatever you want, just laying out my opinion. You guy's best chance of winning this season wears #81 for the Cowgirls now.

Disagree, it would only take "#81" about 2 games of not getting the ball that he would disrupt the whole team. the team that Kube is trying to mend together. #81 is better off because I know if he pull the smack that he did in Philly, his new head coach will put him in his place quickly.