PDA

View Full Version : Which Playoff Team Would You Rather the Texans be?

TheCD
05-20-2006, 01:27 AM
If you didn't have a choice of a dynasy (a la New England, Dallas, San Fransisco, etc.), what team would you rather us be?

1. Always a contender, but never in the Super Bowl (Like Manning's Colts)

2. Many Super Bowl trips but never win one (E.G. Buffalo in the 90's)

or

3. One and Done...You get the one Super Bowl but don't even come close to it again for a long, long, looooong time (I'm talking 20+ years). Not even a playoff berth...

ensign_lee
05-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Owie...those choices hurt, but um...

I guess A)Always a contender, but never in the Super Bowl (Like the recent Broncos)

It'll at least make the regular season better. I'd hate to be like Tampa was a little bit back.

ThaShark316
05-20-2006, 02:29 AM
I'll take A. Why? Because we might catch that break one year and get to one.:yahoo:

JAXwithanX
05-20-2006, 02:44 AM
I don't get how 1 is possibly better than 2? Being in the Super Bowl every year obviously means you were a contender in the regular season AND did well enough in the playoffs to make the Super Bowl (2). Why would you choose just being a contender and not ever getting to the SB (1)?

and the whole option 3. isn't going to ever mean anything to anyone unless you are pulling a Red Sox thing and people are spending their whole lived cheering for a team who can't put it together. not exactly the Texans situation.

mancunian
05-20-2006, 04:41 AM
I'll take A. Why? Because we might catch that break one year and get to one.:yahoo:

Yeah I'd agree with that....you get to the play offs and ANYTHING can happen....look at the Steelers last year. 3 play off wins on the road and noone thought they'd be able to do that.

Bobo
05-20-2006, 08:51 AM
The team that wins.

DominickDavisFan76
05-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Well I am a Texan Fan now so I say win one NOW! and be done wit it.

TheCD
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Understandable...

But the options are that 1 means you never get to the Super Bowl, 2 means you never win but get a bunch of chances in a given time period (like the Bills did) and 3 get that one but never come close for a generation or two.

dalemurphy
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
I just want to have hope going into the season, hope in November/December and some hope in January. Obviously, every fan wants championships, but I want to be entertained. As long as they are competitive and it looks like they have a shot, the season will be a lot of fun.

By the way, I'd gladly forfeit a superbowl win in order to see my team come back from 32 points in the second half of a playoff game. A game like that is more rewarding than any superbowl victory is.

PapaL
05-20-2006, 10:34 AM
2. Many Super Bowl trips but never win one (E.G. Buffalo in the 90's)

Better to be the second best team in league then the 4th best. Would be dissapointing to lose the SB over and over, but atleast we would be winning the AFC over and over.

Oilers/Texans
05-20-2006, 11:43 AM
I'd like #2 because....you are IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!! If you keep going, you'll eventually win some of them. I want the Super Bowl as many times as I can get it!!

awtysst
05-20-2006, 11:48 AM
I'd like #2 because....you are IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!! If you keep going, you'll eventually win some of them. I want the Super Bowl as many times as I can get it!!

See the Buffalo Bills.

TexanFan881
05-20-2006, 11:49 AM
#2 definately, I would love to be in the Super Bowl often, that's what great teams do. The only thing you can do better is win one, and I'm sure if we go a lot we'll eventually win one.

Grid
05-20-2006, 12:28 PM
If i had to choose between being the Colts, the Bills, or the Lions.. ill take choice A (the colts).

Choice B SOUNDS fun.. but you dont hear people talking about the great Bills organization do ya? At least with option A, we may not be in the superbowl, but we will get plenty of respect around the league.. and the seasons would be interesting.

Tex Trenches
05-20-2006, 12:56 PM
It would be hard to root for a team that you knew would never be a champion. I'll take #3 and cherish the moment for life.

TexansLucky13
05-20-2006, 02:38 PM
It would be hard to root for a team that you knew would never be a champion. I'll take #3 and cherish the moment for life.

I agree. I would have my desktop wallpaper be David Carr holding up the Lombardi in a storm of confetti... while being lifted up by Super Mario.

:cool:

sakebomb
05-20-2006, 03:51 PM
The Oilers and Astros were/are option A and it sucked. It was frustrating as all hell. I'm sure it wasn't fun being a Bills fan either. All those Super Bowl loses. Man that sucks.

I'll take the Super Bowl victory any day of the week.

touttail
05-20-2006, 05:25 PM
I just want a respectable team on the field, not an embarassment. Some one you can be proud of and yell for! The playoffs will come!!!!

Bobby 119C:ok:

Wolf
05-20-2006, 06:05 PM
option 1 for me.. because when we get to the playoffs that means we have a chance.. also one reason I am glad we went defense in the draft..defenses win championships ... offenses well..look at the Colts..they rolled over everyone for 13 weeks.. 13 weeks for the AFC playoff bound teams to study game film of that offense and shut it down.. and it happened again.

Hulk75
05-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Denver Broncos when John Elway was there.

Double Barrel
05-20-2006, 09:35 PM
The Oilers and Astros were/are option A and it sucked. It was frustrating as all hell. I'm sure it wasn't fun being a Bills fan either. All those Super Bowl loses. Man that sucks.

I'll take the Super Bowl victory any day of the week.

I agree with this statement 100%. :thumbup

Give me a championship. I'll take my chances in the unknown of the future. It's all about the trophy.

aj.
05-20-2006, 09:47 PM
I've been a fan of the Oilers, Texans and Vikings all my life and the fact that the Vikes went to the SB 4 times and lost each time feels no different now from a fan perspective than the Oilers going to the playoffs 10 times and never getting there.

Getting to the SB once is great - even if you lose. Going 0-2 is where the bittersweet starts setting in. Three times and you want to either rip someone's head off or crawl into a hole. Four times and you can only feel what Bills and Vikes fans feel - or so says Dr. Phil.

TheCD
05-20-2006, 11:46 PM
or so says Dr. Phil.

Haha...sadly enough I'm studying Psychology at the same school Dr. Phil did. Word is he handed back his liscense because he had some sexual feelings for his secretary...

Texans86
05-21-2006, 02:09 AM
Is there any way we can be the New England Patriots. I'd like that alot.

TexansLucky13
05-21-2006, 03:03 AM
Is there any way we can be the New England Patriots. I'd like that alot.

That would rock... considering they will be playoff contenders until either the Dolphins/Jets/Bills shape up, or Brady, Harrison and Dillon (even though he is on the downhill slope) retire. I love the Patriots, and I believe they have a good chance of taking another Lombardi this coming season.

If I must....

"Rodney Harrison is back, and hell's comin' with him!"

But I do hope they lose to the Texans!