PDA

View Full Version : What about Jerome Woods?

Jwwillis
05-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Chiefs Release Safety Jerome Woods

2006 The Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. The Kansas City Chiefs released 10-year veteran safety Jerome Woods on Thursday.

A Pro Bowl selection in 2004 after recovering from a severe leg injury, Woods played little last season and his future with the Chiefs seemed shaky after two safeties were taken in last month's draft. His 720 career tackles rank seventh in team history.

Taken as the 28th overall choice in 1996, Woods played in 128 games. He had 15 interceptions, returning two for touchdowns. He had a career-best four interceptions in 1997, when the Chiefs led the NFL in scoring defense with 14.5 points a game.

Kansas City's starting safeties are Sammy Knight and Greg Wesley. The Chiefs drafted Bernard Pollard and Jarrod Page.

Wonder how much he would want?

Carr Bombed
05-18-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm a little erie about picking up any safety from the chiefs, WRs run wild through that secondary. Could be good depth though

kiwitexansfan
05-18-2006, 10:46 PM
I can't answer how much he would want but I can tell you if that if I was the Texans I would want him to come and work out for us. If health and money was ok I would prefer to have him over the talk about Law.

Carr Bombed
05-18-2006, 10:50 PM
I don't want Ty Law either, he's old and was over weight last year. For every good play he made, he was burnt more often, plus he'll more than likely be overpaid. He's got "bad contract" written all over him.

Hulk75
05-18-2006, 10:55 PM
I don't want Ty Law either, he's old and was over weight last year. For every good play he made, he was burnt more often, plus he'll more than likely be overpaid. He's got "bad contract" written all over him.
Yea he is getting older..............Did not look to good in NY last year, remeber when LT juked him one on one, I bet he felt old then, cause the Young TY Law would have ate him up.

Jwwillis
05-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Chiefs Release Safety Jerome Woods

2006 The Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. The Kansas City Chiefs released 10-year veteran safety Jerome Woods on Thursday.

A Pro Bowl selection in 2004 after recovering from a severe leg injury, Woods played little last season and his future with the Chiefs seemed shaky after two safeties were taken in last month's draft. His 720 career tackles rank seventh in team history.

Taken as the 28th overall choice in 1996, Woods played in 128 games. He had 15 interceptions, returning two for touchdowns. He had a career-best four interceptions in 1997, when the Chiefs led the NFL in scoring defense with 14.5 points a game.

Kansas City's starting safeties are Sammy Knight and Greg Wesley. The Chiefs drafted Bernard Pollard and Jarrod Page.

Wonder how much he would want?

The Texans can use some veteran leadership in the 2ndary and Woods may not be a bad option. I think he is worth a look.

William.carter
05-19-2006, 10:38 AM
No disrespect to JwWillis but I knew this thread was coming. They have a weak secondary as it is and if he lost his starting job and isn't worhty of paying his contract for depth, we don't need him. Not from the Cheifs.

William.carter
05-19-2006, 10:39 AM
*sorry about the double post.*