PDA

View Full Version : AJ + Moulds = exciting WR duo

TexanFan881
05-18-2006, 06:24 PM
I've been excited all offseason to see out how effective these two elite WRs can work together. I can't wait to see Moulds and AJ get out on the field and tear it up. I like the way that Moulds is already co-operating well with AJ and they are both helping eachother out.

Texans | Moulds looking to give offense another option
Thu, 18 May 2006 09:34:19 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans WR Eric Moulds is excited to be working with WR Andre Johnson and hopes to two can compliment each other on the field. "I get an opportunity to play with a receiver that's going to demand a lot of respect," Moulds said. "That's going to take a lot of pressure off of me, and I am going to do the same for him. We're going to even the playing field, so to speak. So I think it's going to be a plus for the Texans." Moulds added that he thinks he can teach Johnson a few things to be more successful. "I think that he's willing to learn those things and study and get better. He's a quiet guy, but at the same time he works hard... For me, it's easy to go up to him and say, 'Hey Dre, try it this way or try it that way. See if this works for you.' And he respects that."

I am very impressed by the way Moulds is really trying to help out AJ and the way that Moulds is trying to be a mentor to him. :yahoo: texanpride

TexansFan4EvR
05-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Yea ... its finally good to give Aj a Mentor in Moulds that can help him for the future. I could see them both possibly going to the pro bowl next year!!!:redtowel: Wish we could have that kinda leadership on Defense .. Dang i miss Glen and Sharper how much better could we be!!:brickwall

Brandon420tx
05-18-2006, 10:19 PM
and Walters is nearly the same height and weight as them....

Hulk75
05-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I've been excited all offseason to see out how effective these two elite WRs can work together. I can't wait to see Moulds and AJ get out on the field and tear it up. I like the way that Moulds is already co-operating well with AJ and they are both helping eachother out.

I am very impressed by the way Moulds is really trying to help out AJ and the way that Moulds is trying to be a mentor to him. :yahoo: texanpride
The team got a LOOOOOOOT better when we got Eric Moulds.
Think Moulds drops the ball on the Jags 2 yard line in the 4th, I doubt it very much!

Brandon420tx
05-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Think Moulds drops the ball on the Jags 2 yard line in the 4th, I doubt it very much!
Lol, Jabby Jabby, you little prankster.

Brandon420tx
05-18-2006, 10:49 PM
and Walters is nearly the same height and weight as them....
Since I said that earlier... anyone think if Walters develops under Moulds he'll be our #2 when Eric finally decides to leave the league?

edo783
05-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Since I said that earlier... anyone think if Walters develops under Moulds he'll be our #2 when Eric finally decides to leave the league?

It's possible, but I think they are looking for Mathis to be the #2. Walters I think will be a very good pickup for us, but I suspect he is a #3 type of WR,

kiwitexansfan
05-18-2006, 11:58 PM
It's possible, but I think they are looking for Mathis to be the #2. Walters I think will be a very good pickup for us, but I suspect he is a #3 type of WR,

I disagree I think that Walters is a future started for this offense. His size and blocking ability is highly desirable in a run based offense, add to that his great hands and you have a starter right there.

Mathis is and forver will be a return man and a deep threat option.

bigbrewster2000
05-19-2006, 12:02 AM

I think that there is little chance of Mathis becoming a #2. We will be lucky if he can become good enough running routes to become a #3. Right now all he can do is run in a straight line. ( Of course he is fast enough to get away with it):)

TexanFan881
05-19-2006, 12:03 AM
I disagree I think that Walters is a future started for this offense. His size and blocking ability is highly desirable in a run based offense, add to that his great hands and you have a starter right there.

Exactly what I think. We drafted Mathis because we needed a real threat at KR. Mathis is a kick returner. He is not a reciever. I see us drafting a WR with a first day pick next year to become a starter and Kevin Walter will be a #3 at best while he is here with us.

Jwwillis
05-19-2006, 12:03 AM

Im hoping by the time Moulds is ready to hang em up we will have had 3 drafts to get some young stud burners.

ensign_lee
05-19-2006, 03:51 AM

Yay! :yahoo:

rittenhouserobz
05-19-2006, 05:58 AM
If he is dedicated to learning the position of WR, then Mathis might just be a #2 via injury, or lack of performance by others. Once Carr has that extra 2 seconds to make the throw, then Mathis might get some throws his way.

Bobo
05-19-2006, 10:32 AM

Umm, Jabbar Gaffney rated very high in lack of drops.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Im hoping by the time Moulds is ready to hang em up we will have had 3 drafts to get some young stud burners.

I think a WR that has 4.4 speed is a great WR. Don't you think?

As for Mathis, he may be fast, but all that speed does no good if you outrun the ball being thrown or don't catch the ball.

:bananasplit:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
05-19-2006, 11:11 AM

I agree 100%. You have not seen what this guy can do yet. I think you will be impressed by his abilities and will be wondering to yourself... How did this guy ever get under the radar. Then you will look at Kube and see... Man, he is a great judge of talent.

pek281
05-19-2006, 11:13 AM
That was such a great article. It really got me excited to start the season. I am so ready for football.

the wonger need food
05-19-2006, 12:27 PM

Who is this "Walters" person that you all are talking about???

El Tejano
05-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Nor would he have to lay out to beat the guy because he will have a step on him already.

As for Gaffney, I am sure he will still be a good WR on a good team but Moulds has proven himself to be very good even on a bad team.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
05-19-2006, 12:58 PM
He is the WR the Texans went after as soon as free agency began and signed an offer sheet to him before any other team had a chance and threw the bengals for a loop so they did not match.

He has not had alot of opps to catch alot of passes being behind Chad Johnson and TJ H. He was their special teams ace he was one of their gunners. I remember watching Monday Night football against the Broncos and he blew past Champ Bailey off the line. Next time they lined up there were 2 defenders on him.

He has been compared to Ed McCaffrey and Jerivicious type of WR. of his 30 receptions in his 3 years, 18 of them were for 1st downs. He made one of his breakout games against the SB Champs Steelers Defense in their playoff game when Carson went down and the wr also went down. he moved the chains pass after pass.

He is 6'3-6'4 215lbs has awesome hands, runs tight disciplined routes, eager to learn and learns fast. He has been clocked running close to 4.4 speed if not under 4.4 speed.

He went to Eastern Michigan and set all kinds of records while was there.

A solid dependable WR that has the size, strength and speed to be a starter in the NFL. He just has to get is chance. Everytime the Bengals asked him to step up HE DID!!! That is why Kube grabbed him right away.

when he came out of college he was benching over 400lbs as a wr... and no FAT!!!

You will love him. I have followed his career since he left high school.

Porky
05-19-2006, 02:41 PM
He has been clocked running close to 4.4 speed if not under 4.4 speed.

So THIS is your brains on drugs. Ahhh, now the frying pan commercial is beginning to make sense. :hides:

Meloy
05-19-2006, 04:36 PM
I think that there is little chance of Mathis becoming a #2. We will be lucky if he can become good enough running routes to become a #3. Right now all he can do is run in a straight line. ( Of course he is fast enough to get away with it):) Wasn't there a receiver named Bob Hayes that ran fast in a straight line for some team in Dallas? He sort of did ok.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
05-19-2006, 05:11 PM

Kevin Walter #85
He is a target that fits the "mold" of Moulds (no pun intended) and AJ as far as size, speed, disciplined, great hands.

he is 6'3-6'4 and 215lbs and not an ounce of fat on him. he cam out of college bench pressing over 400lbs.

he has been timed at 4.4 speed. he has been to speed camps constantly working on ways to get faster and keeping his current physique.

He was signed immediately by the Texans as soon as free agency started so Kube saw something in this guy. Unfortunately for Kevin he was stuck behind Chad Johnson and TJ. Although, when called upon, HE PRODUCED!!! some people on this MB (BOBO) I won't mention anyone in particular... thinks he is not worthy because he has 30 catches in his first 3 years in the NFL. You have to do some research about situational stats to really get a picture of how good he really is.

18 of his 30 catches resulted in 1st downs. Hmmm not a bad conversion and guess what... that keeps the offense on the field and moving the chains. he really showcased his talents in the playoff game against the SB Champs and kept voming the chains pass after pass. Even I forgot how fast he really was until they used him on the outside and was getting good separation from teh DBs

you are going to love him
:highfive: :excited:

Ibar_Harry
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM

Young WR we picked up from Cincy who played in the playoff game against I believe the Steelers when Cincy's other receivers went down. Had a very good game. He has much the same size as Moulds and AJ. If you look at the 1st pass thrown by Carr, I believe in the OTA's, you will see Walters catching the ball on a reasonably long throw. Again, we could be very deep at the receiver cores this year.

Porky
05-19-2006, 06:18 PM
I think all of you are missing the whole point of Wonger's question, but then the mere fact that everyone is answering the way they are, makes his post all the more richer. Good one Wonger. :tease:

the wonger need food
05-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I think all of you are missing the whole point of Wonger's question, but then the mere fact that everyone is answering the way they are, makes his post all the more richer. Good one Wonger. :tease:

Thanks Pork. At least someone on this board appreciates my humor.