PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio needs more Texan news

San Antonio Texan
05-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Being from Houston and also a Texan fan, I was elated to have Texans back in my native city. Moving to San Antonio after the team started with the sweetest win in history against the Cowboys, I found San Antonio is lacking good NFL reporting for the Texans.(at least equal time for Dallas and Houston)

During the birthing process of the organization I remember hearing about testing the demographics of San Antonio for what I assumed was the marketing of the Texans. What Happened?

I am curios as to why the local news media here in San Antonio treat this city as a suburb of Dallas. It seems every time I tune into a news channel and the sports comes on dealing with the NFL it is Dallas did this, Parcells walked on water yesterday, ect…

At least the Astro’s and the Rangers get equal billing. But as a Houston Texan fan I really get rubbed the wrong way when it comes to NFL coverage. It was reported that Jerry Jones signed a deal that will have the Cowboy’s using the Alamo dome for a practice facility for the next few years. I feel this will only make the NFL coverage even more biased toward the Cowboy’s here in San Antonio.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how many Texan fans are residing in the Alamo city? I know there has to be a few on these forums.

When the Texans were introduced to the NFL I was hoping that Mr. McNair was going to push the market here is San Antonio more but we still have not really seen a heavy push

Ibar_Harry
05-18-2006, 11:55 AM
You think you have trouble getting news try Houston. I have a feeling its about the same amount of coverage.

sprtsfanatic
05-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Im a fellow texan fan that lives in san antonio and travel down south to the rio grande valley a lot and there is almost NO texan coverage...i hear on the radio that they bring in texan players every once in a blue moon (to the valley) for an autograph session but from the players that have been brought down to the valley none have been key marketing players....as for texan fans in san antonio....there are a few of us.

texanfan2100
05-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Being from Houston and also a Texan fan, I was elated to have Texans back in my native city. Moving to San Antonio after the team started with the sweetest win in history against the Cowboys, I found San Antonio is lacking good NFL reporting for the Texans.(at least equal time for Dallas and Houston)

During the birthing process of the organization I remember hearing about testing the demographics of San Antonio for what I assumed was the marketing of the Texans. What Happened?

I am curios as to why the local news media here in San Antonio treat this city as a suburb of Dallas. It seems every time I tune into a news channel and the sports comes on dealing with the NFL it is Dallas did this, Parcells walked on water yesterday, ect…

At least the Astro’s and the Rangers get equal billing. But as a Houston Texan fan I really get rubbed the wrong way when it comes to NFL coverage. It was reported that Jerry Jones signed a deal that will have the Cowboy’s using the Alamo dome for a practice facility for the next few years. I feel this will only make the NFL coverage even more biased toward the Cowboy’s here in San Antonio.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how many Texan fans are residing in the Alamo city? I know there has to be a few on these forums.

When the Texans were introduced to the NFL I was hoping that Mr. McNair was going to push the market here is San Antonio more but we still have not really seen a heavy push

I think San Antonio kind of grew into Cowgirl country once the Oilers left. The Oilers used to have their training camp in San Antonio, and I seem to remember them having a good sized fan base there.

I know it must suck. I couldn't stand it when, between the Oilers leaving and Texans arriving, we were subjected to cowgirl games every Sunday. I honestly stopped watching the NFL for a couple of years during the regular season. Now, we have a ceratain reporter for the chronicle trying to shove the titans down our throat.

I do remember the Texans trying to market to other cities a few years back, but I haven't heard anything about it recently. They might have given in, and reaized that too many people drink the cowgirl kool aid, and just won't back down.

At least you have the internet. Imagine how bad the situation would have been 10-12 years ago.

LORK 88
05-18-2006, 12:48 PM
I feel your pain, especially with all the arrogant Cowboy fans down here. I love how many SA Town fans are posting on this, we need to create a group called SAAC (San Antonians Against Cowboys!). As for news, I've been surviving from a few sites online. Here are some sites for reference that I always check out to get some news on the Texans (besides this MB of course!):

KFFL Wire (www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl)
Texan Talk (http://www.nflfans.com/x/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/)
Houston Pro Football (http://www.houstonprofootball.com/)

V Man
05-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Another one here. Welcome aboard it is always good to have another Texans fan in the SA area.

PS Agree with you about the coverage, I sometimes SA as Dallas South.

V Man
05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
I feel your pain, especially with all the arrogant Cowboy fans down here. As for news, I've been surviving from a few sites online. Here are some sites for reference that I always check out to get some news on the Texans (besides this MB of course!):

KFFL Wire (www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl)
Texan Talk (http://www.nflfans.com/x/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/)

Add www.houstonprofootball.com to that list.

FirstTexansFan
05-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, not exactly in San Antonio, but still subject to watching the news and such from SA. I retired here a few years ago, and knew going in, I'd be subject to Cowboys mania, as it's always been this way here. There never was a time the Oilers had much of a fanbase here either, this has and will always be Cowboy country, even if they happen to get lucky and get a team in SA, it would take YEARS to convert these rabid boyz! :) Could the Texans gain ground here? I think they could, but until they attempt to market better, it will never happen. And I'm sorry to say, even if they go to the Super Bowl, you'll never change the allegiance of the SA fans. Houston to these folks might as well be in Ohio. In fact, you can convert an Ohio diehard rabid Steelers fan before you'd have any luck with an SA Cowboy fan. I know, I married one recently, and part of that agreement (wish it was in writing hehe) is that she'll love the same teams I do...thus I said I DO :) Oh the joy of urinating, then burning all of her Steelers stuff. Talk about feeling relieved from the Bum Phillips years, I highly recommend it for everyone <grin> Now if I can only figure out a way to dodge these Polygamy laws, then I'd marry me one of those foreign Cowgirl fans, and do the same to all her SowBoyz stuff, my life would be complete :)

El Tejano
05-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Well it's like that here in Austin too.

However, to answer your question about Texan coverage in SA, SA is prodominantly hispanic. Mescans really love their Cowboys. I just hate how my people have been lead astray for so long.

San Antonio Texan
05-18-2006, 01:21 PM
LORK 88 Quote "I feel your pain, especially with all the arrogant Cowboy fans down here. I love how many SA Town fans are posting on this, we need to create a group called SAAC (San Antonians Against Cowboys!). As for news, I've been surviving from a few sites online. Here are some sites for reference that I always check out to get some news on the Texans (besides this MB of course!)"

Lork 88 you have an idea about a group here in San Antonio. I would rather it be more Pro-Texan than anti-Cowboy. I know of a few fans here in SA that would probably meet together on Sundays to at least watch the Texans on the tube.

Is there already a Texan group that does that in San Antonio? If not, how many people here would be interested?

Like I said it is a good idea, a group like this could meet weekly for the game and if it grows enough, in a longer timeframe, it could lead to bus trips to the Houston games. Hell, we might even convert a few Cowboy fans along the way.

If this is an idea that is worth pursuing I think we could make something happen before this season. We would need a rough estimate of the # of people that would be interested in order to put something together. Let me know.

Nothing is better than watching your team win with other fans of the same team.

El Tejano
05-18-2006, 01:24 PM
then I'd marry me one of those foreign Cowgirl fans, and do the same to all her SowBoyz stuff, my life would be complete :)
My wife used to be a cowgirl fan. Well she never really liked football but that is what she grew up with so that is all she knew. I told her if we got married that she could be forgiven for all her past times as a cowboy fan if she promised to love my Texans. She did and now she defends them against her family all the time.

sprtsfanatic
05-18-2006, 01:27 PM
LORK 88 Quote "I feel your pain, especially with all the arrogant Cowboy fans down here. I love how many SA Town fans are posting on this, we need to create a group called SAAC (San Antonians Against Cowboys!). As for news, I've been surviving from a few sites online. Here are some sites for reference that I always check out to get some news on the Texans (besides this MB of course!)"

Lork 88 you have an idea about a group here in San Antonio. I would rather it be more Pro-Texan than anti-Cowboy. I know of a few fans here in SA that would probably meet together on Sundays to at least watch the Texans on the tube.

Is there already a Texan group that does that in San Antonio? If not, how many people here would be interested?

Like I said it is a good idea, a group like this could meet weekly for the game and if it grows enough, in a longer timeframe, it could lead to bus trips to the Houston games. Hell, we might even convert a few Cowboy fans along the way.

If this is an idea that is worth pursuing I think we could make something happen before this season. We would need a rough estimate of the # of people that would be interested in order to put something together. Let me know.

Nothing is better than watching your team win with other fans of the same team.

thats a great proposition...would be interested in the outcome. althought im back in forth from san antonio and the valley; nothing would be greater than finding a texans group to root on the texans with.

U4ikrob
05-18-2006, 02:03 PM
You think you have trouble getting news try Houston. I have a feeling its about the same amount of coverage.

Nod - Agree - What Ibar said....

:rant:

This cities sports coverage is just plain pathetic. For being a top 10 city with 4 major sports franchises we have one of the worst group of news reporters around the country for reporting on our local sports teams - esp on the Houston Texans.

Honestly - I dont care if they dont havea lot to report, - the point is they dont really do any reporting hardly at all. The local reporters treat the Texans almost the same as the National media does - which means we get next to no news about the team unless something happens thats signifigantly newsworthy or bad. WE all know how reporters love to report bad news.

Hell we get better local H.S. football coverage then we do of the Texans its so bad. - IMO thats because high school kids are reportign the football news and are actually interested in reporting about there team.

It almost seems like nobody on the Chronicle staff wants to report on the Texans - Sorry folks - but those reporters seriously need to get off your butts and start doing your freaking jobs and give us news on our local teams!!!!

The Texans have a new staff, over 50 new players, a #1 draft pick and Free agents galore coming in this year along with a host of team & scheme changes yet to come. Yet - our local news media dont see it fit to do any reporting at all on most of these topics???

Almost no player interviews, Hardly any staff interviews except scheduled team announcements, no in depth coverage of the teams OTA's or stories on a majority of the draft picks or free agents signed along with a plethora of other topics that could and should be covered regularly by the Chronicle - yet for some reason arent even addressed most of the time. We even had a special interview on NFL access last night with David Carr - Yet no mention of it in the Chronic - nor any reporter asking these same basic questions that should have been covered allready by local media.

Hell we get better in depth interviews and news reporting from our own local board reporter - AJ - and his voice of the fan reports.

By and large Fox and ESPN provide far better and more in depth reporting and sports coverage of our local teams then our local reports do and thats the rub considering how large this city is and how much budget, player availability and time the reporters have to put stories and interviews together - yet seem to have no interest or motivation in doing them thus far after 4 years of the Texans.

IMO the Chronicle is one of the worst papers ive read over the years when it comes to reporting local sports. It seems the only team regularly covered all year round in this town by the Chronic is the Astros which is really a shame. I grant you we made it to the series last year, but we lost for cripes sake and since then Uncle Drayton mangled everythign since from Clemens to Bagwell to signign only one player in the off-season. I honestly am just waiting for the team to implode as Uncle Drayton has shown himself to be a money grubbing toght wad who cares little for the team, its players or its fans. I frankly dont want to hear any more about the local team who cant get over the hump because they have an owner who wont spend the money hes made to make the club a contender yet seems to content to stick his fingers in everything while having no clue how to run a ball club. He continually puts out a sub-par team on the field and expects to win and every player that comes here to give him a discount on their contract. Talk about an entitlement attitude!!! Looking over at Chron page today - we have multiple stories on Lidge's continuing pitching problems, - yet almost Nada on the Texans save for the article a few days back on OTA's & Wand. Their lack of reporting is pathetic to the point it almost seems purposeful - It's almost like they dont want to report on the Texans since the draft and go out of there way to not report much on purpose except the occasional rant or whine about Charlie and how the team should have taken Bush or Young. Their bias is very evident that they didnt agree wit hthe teams moves and now the rest of the fans and city who do back the team suffer because they dont want to report about it. What should be happening is them giving us Texans news like all other cities get! I was honestly very shocked the first time I went to Dallas and Denver and picked up the local paper - Their reporters had an article almost every other day about someone on the team or somethign to do with the team or soem benfit a player was involved with.

Heck the Chronic reports as much on Dallas and National football news on the NFL as they do the Texans and thats pitiful for THIS home town News team.

As far as i'm concerned they all need to go dunk their collective heads and get back to reporting the news and get off the ALL Astros ALL the time reporting. They have 4 reporters on the Astros - yet we can barely manage to get one for the Texans and we only get that on a part tiem basis at best w/John McClain. A reporter who's interests are widely known and divided between the National NFL stories, the Titans and lastly the Texans which for a local beat reporter/national circuit guy should truly have his priorities re-adjusted to reporting about THIS TOWN's sports team as long as he has a job here.

Memo to John McClain: IF your Man-love is so strong for Young & the Titans then please, move your ass to Tenn and let us get a reporter to actually give us news about our team instead of the -Flaming Thumbtacks- because this town and most of it's fans are very tired of hearing about Bud's club while you snub your nose at the Texans.

War - Texans breaking the .500 mark this season
War - Texans getting a Regular unbiased beat Reporter
War - The Flaming Thumbtacks - flaming out this year!!

Im Out like a Light!

mapleleaf
05-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Well you may want to look at this map here: http://www.commoncensus.org/sports_map.php?sport=1

You can see the SA color coded with the Cowboys, though if you think San Antonio is Dihard Cowboy, not true as you can see there is still some Texans dots and circles around mostly the suburbs of San Antonio or nearby towns near San Antonio (I'm guessing the most likely place where you can find the Texans fans majority is in the suburbs). Well the map may inacurrate it gives a good picture on where fans of some teams mostly live. My only hope for San Antonio to be split between the 'Boys and Texans is if the Cowboys have 14 consecutive losing seasons and for the Texans to have a 7-8 year playoff run, but that is pretty much unlikely to happen according to the both of the teams current situation. But then again this is just of some pieces and bits of information, nothing scientific but just a preview of something big that God only knows.

trane
05-18-2006, 03:42 PM

Out of curiousity...do you root for the Spurs?

San Antonio Texan
05-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I am not so much of a NBA fan. I like the Texans and the Astros.

Señor Stan
05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Add me to the list of San Antonio Texans.

There is only one person at work besides myself that is a Texans fan. I think winning will bring in a lot more folks, but it is definitely Cowboy country here.

Its not as bad as where I grew up though. The Rio Grande Valley has a higher percentage hardcore Cowboy fans than Dallas has. Dallas residents are bandwaggoners and frontrunners by nature. Valley residents are much more rabidly loyal.

It was lonely growing up as an Oiler fan in the Ed Biles and Hugh Campbell years.

WWJD
05-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Interesting....how would anybody possibly know anything about Cowboy fans in Dallas unless one had lived there? I did for many years, had season tickets and always had the same group of people around me for years; much as I'm sure the Texans fans have on here.

The Cowboys own Dallas. Always have and always will.

The other teams do well but it's a Cowboys town. I lived there thru the 1-15 season and through the SB years. The Cowboys are supported quite well by the people in the Metroplex. Ask Jerry. He's gone from a millionaire to a zillionaire and the value of the team just keeps going up. That wouldn't happen if the team didn't have local support.

Señor Stan
05-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Interesting....how would anybody possibly know anything about Cowboy fans in Dallas unless one had lived there? I did for many years, had season tickets and always had the same group of people around me for years; much as I'm sure the Texans fans have on here.

The Cowboys own Dallas. Always have and always will.

The other teams do well but it's a Cowboys town. I lived there thru the 1-15 season and through the SB years. The Cowboys are supported quite well by the people in the Metroplex. Ask Jerry. He's gone from a millionaire to a zillionaire and the value of the team just keeps going up. That wouldn't happen if the team didn't have local support.

I lived in Dallas in 1993. Dallas was fresh off of a 52-17 trouncing of the Bills.

When the Cowboys started 0-2 with losses to the Redskins and Buffalo, I saw people jumping off the bandwagon like crazy. It was sickening. I’m not saying all fans, but most in Dallas are of the fair-weather variety. (at least the ones I met)

Valley Cowboy fans are much more fervent in my opinion.

mapleleaf
05-18-2006, 07:13 PM
I used to live in Toronto and visit there every so often, and many people over there that like football (keep in mind that American football fans is rare just as ice hockey fans is in TX) love the Dallas Cowboys than any other team and they are very vibrant, probably even more vibrant than the Texas Cowboys fans. There is also a very small amount of Bills fans over there but that has been decreasing.

TexanBorn51
05-18-2006, 10:41 PM
I was born in the Rio Grande Valley in 1951 never lived there but my whole family is down there. It's all Cowboy diehard country and it flows north through King's Ranch through San Antone through Austin and then up to Dallas, Ft. Worth, Panhandle and West Texas up to Lubbock to El Paso. The great legendary longtime coach Tom Landry is from Mission way down there in the utmost southern tip of Texas who also live high school football. I beleive he was the only coach for a longtime. He played for the Giants. The cowboys are an old established team when it was only a one Texas team NFL. I lived in Houston from 1965-72 and that was my big conversion to Houston. Then San Antone from 1974-to last year. I agree it's minimal Texan coverage hype there. I remember when the Texans and or Oilers were playing bad that they would switch the TV games, not show the game or what have you. But if it were the Cowboys they would still play the game on TV regional or not. Also the comment about all Mexicans or whatever like their Cowboys well I have some of that blood and know others who rather like the Texans. Hell even Houston is 1/3 Hispanic and I have relatives that live there and elsewhere and they are Texan fans. It's just a well deep rooted history of the Cowboys that represented Texas and it's passed on but Texas keeps growing and gets an influx from outer influences which causes change in culture and society. Think of all the military bases in San Antone that bring in all this out of town-state personnel that have their favorite teams too. And yes I am a Spurs fan all the way living in San Antonio. It's the only team that we got here and we're proud of it.:texflag:

WWJD
05-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Well all I can tell you is I lived in Dallas for over 25 years and had season tickets for most of that and I sat with the same group of people all those years and the stadium was full for most of that although there were lean years when they were putting out a high school product.

I never think fans are "bandwagon".

Sometimes people aren't willing to pay high prices for an inferior product.

NFL football is unaffordable to many.

And I'll stick by what I said. The Cowboys own Dallas.

San Antonio Texan
05-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I believe we are all in agreement that the Cowboy biased media is here to stay, other than winning 2 or 3 Super bowls; we have to deal with it.

Guys I thought about this last evening at great length. The idea that I have been developing is that if we can get a group of 8+ people together I would approach a pub/bar/sports place to reserve an area during Texan games.

:gathering:

Is there an official fan club type organization? If there isn’t one I am willing to start one or join one here in San Antonio if one already exists.

I feel by setting up a place to gather we could set a foundation to enjoy the Texans in a fun atmosphere. This could be developed into way network with other fans, set up game trips, and once we get going give a place to where new or existing fans could gravitate to. This will take so marketing but I feel it can be done once we have a few fans in place.

Besides myself I have Sprtsfanatic and Senor Stan. I hope that there are more San Antonio fans on the boards.

TexanBorn51
05-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Sounds great and a good idea to me unfortunately after all those years in SA I just moved to Phoenix for 3 yrs (work)then coming back. And guess what I'm desparately trying to find a Texan fan base here good luck for me right. It looks like it's Direct TV for me. Good luck.

TexanBorn51
05-19-2006, 09:26 AM
bump

Bullpen Drew
05-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Until the Texans start winning, then the SA stations will cover more Texans.

KSAT and WOAI need to cover more Texans stuff...

How come the SA fans badmouth the Mavs fans but love the Cowboys?

Bullpen Drew
05-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Until the Texans start winning, then the SA stations will cover more Texans.

KSAT and WOAI need to cover more Texans stuff...

V Man
05-19-2006, 12:46 PM

Because SA has its own NBA team.

You think the badmouth Mavs fan, you should hear what they say about Rocket fan. In fact, many area people (and several radio personalities) hate Houston because of Hakeem punking Robinson in that playoff series many years ago.

TexanBorn51
05-19-2006, 02:41 PM
It's called rivalry in the same division. Cowboys are not only to mention the previous comments here about Texas Cowboy fans but it's two different conferences. They are not in the way to get to the Super Bowl or playoffs. The Mavs are in the way. The Mavs are playing good with the coach of the year who happens to be an ex-Spur Avery Johnson, what a guy and player. He's learned alot from Pop and the Spur schemes. The Rockets are in the way too but the feelings are mostly IMO competitive after all everyone is tyring to win the good ol championship. Good luck tonight Spurs.

mapleleaf
05-19-2006, 05:12 PM
The Rockets are in the way too

Wait til we suck for 50 years in a row.

TexanBorn51
05-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Wait til we suck for 50 years in a row.
I don't know but I do remember for awhile there when I moved from Houston to SA in 74 it was the Rockets era that the Spurs feared. When was that maybe the late 70's or 80's not sure.

San Antonio Texan
05-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Good Monday morning from San Antonio Texan fans. I am still looking for some fans that want to gather to support our team!

I have some great news. While I was out and about Saturday I stopped by a couple of sport type bars. I was looking for places that looked good, served food, had a bar, and were family friendly for those with kids. The places I stopped in were very interested in accommodating a Texan crowd. I mentioned that I was trying to put something together and would keep them informed.

(Disclaimer) I do want to let everyone know that I am not connected in any way with the places I have talked to. I am doing this just to get some fans together.

The next step is with us. Those of us here that are interested, need at least a small group to start with (I am hoping 8+), need to start posting.

Let’s start to turn San Antonio into a Texan town!!

Thank you mods for the sticky. :yahoo:

Bullpen Drew
05-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Because SA has its own NBA team.

You think the badmouth Mavs fan, you should hear what they say about Rocket fan. In fact, many area people (and several radio personalities) hate Houston because of Hakeem punking Robinson in that playoff series many years ago.

David Robinson was overrated that year....Spurs fans suffer from inferiority complex...they will always be third fiddle to H-town and Big D.

When the Spurs season ends tonight, then all the talk on the sports radio for the next 2-3 weeks is going to be them crying about how they "were robbed".

Sorry, Spurs fans...

Señor Stan
05-22-2006, 11:30 AM
David Robinson was overrated that year....Spurs fans suffer from inferiority complex...they will always be third fiddle to H-town and Big D.

Maybe 6 years ago, but not anymore. 3 rings in 7 years will do that for you.

When the Spurs season ends tonight, then all the talk on the sports radio for the next 2-3 weeks is going to be them crying about how they "were robbed".

This season is far from over. Dallas is scared, and they will play scared tonight. Spurs are movin' on baby.

V Man
05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Good Monday morning from San Antonio Texan fans. I am still looking for some fans that want to gather to support our team!

I have some great news. While I was out and about Saturday I stopped by a couple of sport type bars. I was looking for places that looked good, served food, had a bar, and were family friendly for those with kids. The places I stopped in were very interested in accommodating a Texan crowd. I mentioned that I was trying to put something together and would keep them informed.

(Disclaimer) I do want to let everyone know that I am not connected in any way with the places I have talked to. I am doing this just to get some fans together.

The next step is with us. Those of us here that are interested, need at least a small group to start with (I am hoping 8+), need to start posting.

Let’s start to turn San Antonio into a Texan town!!

Thank you mods for the sticky. :yahoo:

Texizgreat, myself and a friend meet at the Buffalo Wild's on off I10 and Dezavla (sp) several games a year. We have often talked about getting a group together. So I guess that is 3 that would be interested.

Texizgreat
05-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Texizgreat, myself and a friend meet at the Buffalo Wild's on off I10 and Dezavla (sp) several games a year. We have often talked about getting a group together. So I guess that is 3 that would be interested.

Thank you V-Man.....

We V-man and I really started hanging out during the 05 season when the wayward Saints blew there way into the Alamo Dome and the texans took a Dive (CBS stopped showing the games here). I would love to get together several games a season and watch as a Group.

Bullpen Drew
05-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Maybe 6 years ago, but not anymore. 3 rings in 7 years will do that for you.

This season is far from over. Dallas is scared, and they will play scared tonight. Spurs are movin' on baby.

It's over baby! I like Tim D but the Spurs fans back in 1994-95 made me hate the team.....will Finley and Van Exel return?

V Man
05-23-2006, 09:29 AM
It's over baby! I like Tim D but the Spurs fans back in 1994-95 made me hate the team.....will Finley and Van Exel return?

I think the Spurs will try to resign Finley, but I think Van Exel won't be back?

San Antonio Texan
05-23-2006, 11:02 AM
V Man and Texizgreat thanks for posting. I have a running total that are interested and the list includes but by no means limited to…

V Man + friend
Senor Stan
Texizgreat
Sprts fanatic
San Antonio Texan (myself) + friend

This is a wonderful start to a Texan San Antonio group lets keep it rolling! The more the merrier! :redtowel:

I would like some input on a location that is good enough for Texan Fans in the San Antonio area. I narrowed down to a place I felt was first centrally located, family oriented (have to let the younger Texan fans route for there team), serves food and has a full bar.

One place I talked to the most was The Lion and Rose (http://www.thelionandrose.com) on Blanco and 410. I have talked to the manager and they were very interested in supporting us with an area for us to watch the Texan games. It is a pretty relaxed atmosphere and very friendly staff.

Once we settle down on a location I would like to pick a date and have everyone meet before the season to see how well the location works for everyone.

Let’s pull San Antonio out of the Cowboy mindset and show them that the best team in Texas is not from Dallas!

Bullpen Drew
05-23-2006, 12:20 PM
V Man and Texizgreat thanks for posting. I have a running total that are interested and the list includes but by no means limited to…

V Man + friend
Senor Stan
Texizgreat
Sprts fanatic
San Antonio Texan (myself) + friend

This is a wonderful start to a Texan San Antonio group lets keep it rolling! The more the merrier! :redtowel:

I would like some input on a location that is good enough for Texan Fans in the San Antonio area. I narrowed down to a place I felt was first centrally located, family oriented (have to let the younger Texan fans route for there team), serves food and has a full bar.

One place I talked to the most was The Lion and Rose (http://www.thelionandrose.com) on Blanco and 410. I have talked to the manager and they were very interested in supporting us with an area for us to watch the Texan games. It is a pretty relaxed atmosphere and very friendly staff.

Once we settle down on a location I would like to pick a date and have everyone meet before the season to see how well the location works for everyone.

Let’s pull San Antonio out of the Cowboy mindset and show them that the best team in Texas is not from Dallas!

You should try Fatso's on Bandera Rd.

V Man
05-23-2006, 12:34 PM
You should try Fatso's on Bandera Rd.

Fatso's has no private rooms, plus I know the area Viking fans use it.

FirstTexansFan
05-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Look further north....Shertz :) Driving into SA isn't my favorite thing to do hehe

Bullpen Drew
05-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I had been to Hooligans its pricey though...

San Antonio Texan
05-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Let’s get more suggestions and I will list them with pros and con’s then we can do a thread vote to pick one that works for all us. I have a feeling having a geographical middle location might be the winner.

FirstTexansFan
05-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Looks by the numbers of folks responding that maybe we should include the Texans fans in Austin. Just a suggestion :)

axman40
05-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Looks by the numbers of folks responding that maybe we should include the Texans fans in Austin. Just a suggestion :)
Austin fans have been enjoying the friendly confines of the Saxon Pub.
http://www.thesaxonpub.com/
:fans:

Tex Trenches
05-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Could we get some in Houston first?

Texizgreat
05-25-2006, 05:18 PM
The reasons V-man and I picked Buffalo Wild Wings.

1. I-10 dezavala is between v-man my friend in Boerne and I. (V-Man NW--- Friend in Borene---- Me NE side)
2. fair price for beer wings ........
3. 8 big screens 20+ smaller screens
4. Fox and hound is High rollin $$$$$$

San Antonio Texan
07-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Hello gang,

I must apologize for not posting for a while but I have been out of town a lot and my wife is due any minute now with another future Texan fan.

I already have a Texan cap for him! I have to covert him before his grandfather tries to pull him to the dark... um... Cowboy side.

Now to get the ball rolling again for the San Antonio Texan fans to have a place to watch the games. After rereading the above posts it seems we have a lot of people that are rather spread out over the city and in New Braunsfel. I like every ones suggestion and they all have merit.

Texizgreat and Vman talked about bw3 at I-10 and Dezavala. (West side)

Bullpen Drew Suggested Fatso’s which is also on the west side I believe but inside the loop. (Correct me if I am wrong please)

I suggested Lion and the Rose Pub which is located off Blanco and 410. North centralish to the group of people we have been talking with here on the forums)

Someone said hooligans. I only know of the one at 35 and 1604.

There is a Bw3’s at 35 and 1604 as well just FYI. Although this would be great for FirstTexanFan, Who lives in Shertz, I have a feeling it would be to far to drive for our west side Texans.

We have to remember that we are just a few Texan fans to start with but I plan on trying to market locally that wherever we choose, this is where you can find fans cheer for the same team.

I am crossing my fingers that this will hopefully grow to a nice size group when other fans who do not visit these boards find out about our meeting for the game.

This is why I like the Lion and the Rose location. It is next to North Star mall for those that want to go shopping before or after a game. It is close to I-10 and not to far from I-35. I plan on trying to work a deal out with the Manager of the pub for Texan fans on food and drinks. (Not a promise but I will put my try my best, I like cheap beer!)

That being said, could we plan for a few of us to meet during the preseason to get a feel for a couple of places. This would work as a trial run.

I will make the first suggestion. On Sat Aug 12 the Houston Texans Play the Kansas City Chiefs at 7PM. What do you say to meeting at The Lion and the Rose on Blanco and 410 for the first Texan Preseason game? Once there we can discuss if we like the location and other possibilities.
Lets get this ball rolling!! :texflag:

shinerbock_girl
07-09-2006, 09:31 AM

I'm in San Antonio also...Home town Shiner tx but lived here in SA for the last 15 yrs..I have to agree..Tired of hearing about Dallas...My hearts in Houston with my Texans....

TexanBorn51
07-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey guys I'm from San Antonio moved there in 74 lived in Oiler Houston 65-72.
Well I had to move to Phoenix govt work last year and will move back 09 I miss SA. So here I am with my Texan cap and just ordered Direct TV to watch all the Texan games. All I can say is I wish you all good luck in getting that group together. If I were there I would have loved to go. I still have my house there and it's just south of North Star Mall down by McCollough and Olmos Park. All those years there I was always wondering if there was a place to go watch the games with a fan group but mostly it was Cowboy fans.:gotexans1

shinerbock_girl
07-09-2006, 05:50 PM
I would be happy to get together with you guys to watch some away games...Would be fun to watch with some fellow Texan fans...We need to remember this...:party:

BEERnBBQ
07-17-2006, 07:03 PM
count me in. I'm also from SA, and have been an oilers/Texans fan from the early 70's. i live out by kelly USA right off hwy 90 so i wouldn't mind driving a ways to get together. i wouldn't be able to go to the pre-season game vs kc. as i'll be in Houston to watch the FC Barcelona game, and will probably stay up there to catch an Astros game

San Antonio Texan
07-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Posting this again so we make sure everyone is aware what we are planning.

When: On Sat Aug 12 the Houston Texans Play the Kansas City Chiefs at 7PM

In other good news the newest Texan fan for our family was born on July 9, 2006. A little girl joined us that weighed 7.3 pounds and 18” long. Was a bit of a surprise due to they told us that we were supposed to have a boy! I did have a blue Texan cap for our baby but now I have to get a pink one! :logo:

I still put it on her while grandpa (Dallas fan) was looking.

Can you believe that it is already July? Guys I am excited that we are starting to pull this together. I look forward to meeting a lot of Texan fans here in the San Antonio area. Let’s show this town we are not a suburb of Dallas!!

:gotexans1

valleytexfan
07-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Congrats!!!!

I'm hoping on getting some Texan fans together down here in the Valley, but It'd be cool to make it up there to hang out with even more fans!

mkuske
07-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Hey, I just stumbled across this thread. Been looking for something like this for years. Lion and the Rose would be a great location for me. I don't really live close by, but I play in a fantasy league at Blanco Tavern just across 410 from L&R and usually spend my Sundays there. It would be nothing for me to spend half a day at L&R and half at Blanco.

I'll try to make it the 12th. Would like to meet some Texans compadres.

Texizgreat
07-26-2006, 07:39 PM
count me in! :texflag:

:gathering:

:shots:

If we make a strong showing like the "Browns Backers" do at FOX AND HOUND we may be able to get some deal and/or have the games at least shown on the big screen

any thoghts on Local # 2

San Antonio Texan
08-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Well I am READY FOR TEXANS FOOTBALL!:yahoo:

I can't wait to see some of you guys on the 12th. I talked again with the manager of the Lion and the Rose again and we talked about Drink specials and other things for the Texan games. So the more that can make it on the 12th the better! There won't be specials for the 12th but the more people that so up, the more leverage we have to work out a better deal.

Just a week from this Saterday! It is going to be nice to see how our team is progressing and see the draft picks preform.

Lets start getting excited!

shinerbock_girl
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Well I am READY FOR TEXANS FOOTBALL!:yahoo:

I can't wait to see some of you guys on the 12th. I talked again with the manager of the Lion and the Rose again and we talked about Drink specials and other things for the Texan games. So the more that can make it on the 12th the better! There won't be specials for the 12th but the more people that so up, the more leverage we have to work out a better deal.

Just a week from this Saterday! It is going to be nice to see how our team is progressing and see the draft picks preform.

Lets start getting excited!

I'm still working on getting someone to work for me, by some miracle, if i do i'll be there with you guys....Would have liked to have gone to the game but having major car problems...See ya'll there if i'm able to go....Do i just look for the Texans jerseys to identify ya'll???? Also it might not be a bad idea to pitch in for a van and have a bunch us go to one of the regular games...Just an idea...

V Man
08-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Count me in. I look forward to meetings you on Saturday. Should be real fun.:yahoo:

shinerbock_girl
08-11-2006, 10:38 AM
I will officially be there with u guys...I DON'T HAVE TO WORK...Iam sooo excited i can't sleep...Just got off of work after a 12 hr shift and all i can think about is the game and screaming with the rest of u....I look forward to meeting you all.....:francis: :francis:

San Antonio Texan
08-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Can't wait to meet everyone1

It will not be hard to identify the Texan crowd. The Lion and the Rose is not overly large adn we should be easy to find. I am a 6'ish red head w/trimmed beard if that helps.

Lets get ready for some TEXAN football!
:redtowel:

shinerbock_girl
08-11-2006, 05:35 PM

It will not be hard to identify the Texan crowd. The Lion and the Rose is not overly large adn we should be easy to find. I am a 6'ish red head w/trimmed beard if that helps.

Ok and look for me from my pic on my profile...Just look for the lost Blonde walking in trying to see whos who....lol

shinerbock_girl
08-11-2006, 05:41 PM
BTW, what time is everyone getting there so i know who to look for??...I wanted to get there earlier of course and chill alittle meeting everyone before the game starts...My name is Jen

shinerbock_girl
08-12-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm going. Jen talked me into it! I know I have a Texans shirt somewhere.

OOPPSSS, should have read this first before i emailed you...lol..I was telling you the time it started...I just got off work now and i'll give ya a call when i wake up....

V Man
08-12-2006, 01:32 PM

I can't be missed, I am 6' 7" (look like an O-linemen) and will be wearing a blue # 96 jersey.

shinerbock_girl
08-12-2006, 02:43 PM
I can't be missed, I am 6' 7" (look like an O-linemen) and will be wearing a blue # 96 jersey.

HOLY COW, 6'7....You should be playing for the Texans!!!!!

Texizgreat
08-12-2006, 04:23 PM
I will be the smaller guy near or around V-Man 5'9 ish with a TEXANS baseball jersy on (its really cool) and red and blue hat.

bigcarlos
08-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Im from SA also. Ive emailed and even told off those idiots Greg Simmons, and Don Harris for being such Jerrys kids:shoot:

Texizgreat
08-13-2006, 11:59 AM
GUYS !! I had a blast last night!!! You are some good people. I am still feeling it this morning :)

Eric

Mr. Old School
08-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm a diehard Texans fan and am always trying to get San Antonio transplants in HTown to get on the Texans bandwagon. They're a tough nut to crack. Historically speaking, San Antonio, South Texas, and the Rio Grande Valley have always been very strong and loyal Cowboys fans. Don't expect any major changes anytime soon.

My nephew recently moved to HTown from San Antonio. Now, he likes the Cowboys and Texans. That's like saying, I'm a Longhorns fan and an Aggies fan too. WHHHHHAAAAT? Gimme a break Homes.

San Antonio Texan
08-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Folks!

What a great time we had with everyone on Saturday night. San Antonio Texan fans know their football and are a fun bunch to party with! :texans: A great time was had by everyone that made it to the first San Antonio Texan preseason game. I can’t remember the last time I have met a friendlier group. I have to agree with Texizgreat, I was a bit groggy the next morning myself. We did get a group photo I will try to post tomorrow.

The one thing I have to mention that I did not care for was the NFL’s preseason rolling coverage of games. Is it me or did they try to make the New Orleans and Tennessee with Reggie Bush and Vince Young a repeat of last years rose bowl? We did get to see some Texan coverage but it was pretty pathetic how they didn’t cover the other games equally.

If you didn’t get to make the Kansas City and Houston game we are going to meet up for one more preseason game on August 27 before the start of the season on September 10.

We had a very good crowd, if you are still on the fence come on over and watch the games with us!
:texflag:

SanAntonioTexan
08-14-2006, 12:14 PM
I just joined about an hour ago. I live in San Antonio and have been looking for a place to watch the Texans games. I would like to join this SA group. It is tough being a Texans fan in SA the ticket 760 is flooded with Cowboys info and nothing about the Texans. :homer: I joined to see if I could find Texans fans in San Antonio a man I found a few great! Can I play!

shinerbock_girl
08-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Had a great time with you guys as well....Can't wait for the next one....Bring on the Broncos!!!!!!!!!! I am wondering if it will be another Loop around game....I agree with John about turing the Bush/Young game into another rose bowl...I thought it was a disgrace to the Texans and their #1 pick...But we made the best of it...lol....

shinerbock_girl
08-14-2006, 01:07 PM
I just joined about an hour ago. I live in San Antonio and have been looking for a place to watch the Texans games. I would like to join this SA group. It is tough being a Texans fan in SA the ticket 760 is flooded with Cowboys info and nothing about the Texans. :homer: I joined to see if I could find Texans fans in San Antonio a man I found a few great! Can I play!

Well Come on Down!!!!!!!!! And get ready for some serious football and Beer at the Lion And Rose with all of us...A great group of ppl....

V Man
08-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Just want to echo Texizgreat, San Antonio Texan (with spaces), and Texansgal8; had a great time. It was great to meet all of you and I am looking foward to our next get together.:yahoo:

SanAntonioTexan (no spaces) come on down, look forward to meeting you. You will have a blast.

Also when is Barney going to get on this site.:tease:

Texizgreat
08-14-2006, 10:35 PM

LOL !!!
when is the Shlainths Modddeator *hic* getting back on....:shots:

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Just want to echo Texizgreat, San Antonio Texan (with spaces), and Texansgal8; had a great time. It was great to meet all of you and I am looking foward to our next get together.:yahoo:

SanAntonioTexan (no spaces) come on down, look forward to meeting you. You will have a blast.

I have to admit, he did look like Barney Rubble....lol...

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 07:45 AM
LOL !!!
when is the Shlainths Modddeator *hic* getting back on....:shots:

I think i'll let her answer that one....:spy:

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Condisering the name he wanted, that one has to go past Vinney. I think Barney would be a great name, but he didn't like it.:rolleyes:

Hey girl, that was an original name..I swear he looks like Barney Rubble....lol:

V Man
08-15-2006, 06:05 PM
When I have more time (school started yesterday) and I'm off the ridiculous meds that my ENT swore would be safe. And I don't do shots, except for allergies which are really ruining my life.

Is that with students or just those always exciting begining of school inservices.:brickwall

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 06:19 PM
It's the real McCoy with 2200 kids. So far, so good. Last year we had 5 fights on day 1. We made it to day 2 with a minor drug bust, no fights thus far.

I guess that's a good thing?:rolleyes:

DAMN , being a school teacher is not good these days...very brave

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Is that with students or just those always exciting begining of school inservices.:brickwall

So V-MAN are u really a teacher??? lol

V Man
08-15-2006, 06:26 PM
So V-MAN are u really a teacher??? lol

Yes I am, had our second day of those exciting meetings. Students arrive on Monday, Aug. 21.:whip: There are not going to be 2200 of them, but they are Jr. High so it will seem like 2200 though.

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Yes I am, had our second day of those exciting meetings. Students arrive on Monday, Aug. 21.:whip: There are not going to be 2200 of them, but they are Jr. High so it will seem like 2200 though.

Kool, what subject do u teach??? sorry if u went over this at the get together but excuse my short term memory, alot going on that first nite

V Man
08-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Kool, what subject do u teach??? sorry if u went over this at the get together but excuse my short term memory, alot going on that first nite

Keyboarding and Basic Computer Skills to 6th graders (never a dull moment)

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=V Man]Keyboarding and Basic Computer Skills to 6th graders (never a dull moment)[/QUO

HEY V-MAN CAN I GET U TO BE MY BODY GUARD WHEN I NEED ONE...LOL...

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Keyboarding and Basic Computer Skills to 6th graders (never a dull moment)

And when i have problems with my computer i can call u??? which i have alot!!!!

V Man
08-15-2006, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=V Man]Keyboarding and Basic Computer Skills to 6th graders (never a dull moment)[/QUO

HEY V-MAN CAN I GET U TO BE MY BODY GUARD WHEN I NEED ONE...LOL...

How's the pay???

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=texansgal8]

How's the pay???

You know, i knew u were going to say that!!!!!!!!!! LMAO:highfive:

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Anyways, Looking Forward To the Broncos Game...yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

shinerbock_girl
08-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Anyone know if the broncos game will be another loop around game????

V Man
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM

I think I heard that they are showing the whole game.

Texizgreat
08-15-2006, 11:00 PM
When I have more time (school started yesterday) and I'm off the ridiculous meds that my ENT swore would be safe. And I don't do shots, except for allergies which are really ruining my life.

I do hope you know i was just ribbing ya a bit :)

Texizgreat
08-15-2006, 11:01 PM

The whole game will be on NFL network

shinerbock_girl
08-16-2006, 12:39 PM
The whole game will be on NFL network

Thank god

Xuldraga
08-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Anyone know if they will show this saturday's Texans vs Rams game in the San Antonio market? I called up some of my favorite sports bar hang outs (Fox and Hound), the local TV affiliate (KPXL), and the local Time Warner cable.. and no one has it on their schedule as of now. Its frustrating to be so close to Houston, and yet have our media ignore the team...

shinerbock_girl
08-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Anyone know if they will show this saturday's Texans vs Rams game in the San Antonio market? I called up some of my favorite sports bar hang outs (Fox and Hound), the local TV affiliate (KPXL), and the local Time Warner cable.. and no one has it on their schedule as of now. Its frustrating to be so close to Houston, and yet have our media ignore the team...

No preseason Texans games will be shown on local channels here in sa... NFL Network will be showing it was a loop around game sharing it with 6 other teams...Thats what we watched last weekend, i guess better then nothing...The broncos game will be shown for the whole game on the 27th..

Texizgreat
08-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Adding to what texansgal8 just said..... We are looking for more Texans fans to show up at the Lion and Rose for the Texans V broncos game. Lion and rose is on blanco and 410 behind Jims.

Please tell a friend :)

mkuske
08-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey guys! Had a great time with y'all the other night too! Can't wait for the Broncos. It'll be interesting to see the reception Kubiak gets. That one will be all about execution. I doubt either team will be able to surprise the other.

This week's game will be rolling coverage live again, but there will be an entire replay on NFL Network at...get this...11 AM Monday. Almost as good as the 10 AM Sunday this last week.

I've been reading the post-practice interviews. It sounds like the guys are really starting to feel comfortable with the new schemes. Looking at the schedule with you guys the other night, I think 8-8 would be a good goal.

San Antonio Texan
08-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Xuldraga come watch the game with us at the Lion and the Rose. We would love to see more fans come together here in the Alamo city!

Texizgreat
08-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey guys I will be going to Buffalo Wild Wings for this one tomorrow. Just FYI

Eric

P.S. Wheres the pics?

TexanStatGuru
08-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey guys, it's Mike (mkuske). Wanted to let y'all know that I finally changed my screen name to something a little more original. Unfortunately I can't catch the game tonight. I might be able to occassionally break away and follow the game on NFL.com. Y'all will have to fill me in on how the team looked after the game. I'll be really interested to see how the re-shuffled D-line looks as well as how Morency does tonight.

It's game day guys!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!

bigcarlos
08-20-2006, 02:45 PM
The only game us SA fans will get is when we play Jerry's kids

Texizgreat
08-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Should we start a new thread for each game????

Anyways who all is going to Texans Vs Broncos and Lion and Rose?

V Man
08-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Should we start a new thread for each game????

Anyways who all is going to Texans Vs Broncos and Lion and Rose?

I think we should make another thread for the Broncos game. Anyway I plan on being there.

San Antonio Texan
08-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Howdy Folks!

The Texans Versus the Broncos is Sunday night at 7:00.

I just found out that I do not have to work this weekend so I am going to try to make it. I am excited to watch this game due to it being the first fully aired game in the San Antonio market!

I hope to see alot of ya'll at the Lion and the Rose!

BTW who is the Moderator of the Texas Tailgate portion of the board?

shinerbock_girl
08-23-2006, 11:24 AM
I'll try to make it, had some issues come up so not sure at this point.:dontknowa

TexanStatGuru
08-23-2006, 10:01 PM
I'll be there.

I ran into a couple guys in Texans gear last Saturday. Told them about the game this week. It sounded like they might be coming too.

shinerbock_girl
08-24-2006, 05:39 PM
I'll be there.

I ran into a couple guys in Texans gear last Saturday. Told them about the game this week. It sounded like they might be coming too.

WOW, thats awesome...We need as many as we can to get those drink specials during regular season....Good job...:party:

TexanStatGuru
08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Dang! Glad I looked at the schedule. I totally missed that this weeks game is on Sunday! I would have been pretty lonely up at L&R all by myself...LOL.:hides:

BEERnBBQ
08-27-2006, 07:10 PM
i checked the paper tis morning and the game was supposed to be on the radio here in sa. i just put on the ticket 760 and what di i get the cubs vs. the cardinals. :brickwall

V Man
09-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Boy, do I have some info to pass along to you guys. Unreal. You will probably get ticked.

We'll talk at the next gathering. Hopefully, I'll make the 9/10 game. If not, I'll call you.:brickwall

Can't believe that you are going to leave us in suspense for a week.

Texizgreat
09-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Can't believe that you are going to leave us in suspense for a week.

No Kidding whats up?

TexanStatGuru
09-03-2006, 04:35 PM
How about just a little taste.

FirstTexansFan
09-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Man, I'm praying this isn't what I've suspicioned for months, that we won't get to see the danged game here! I looked at the other games scheduled on Fox that day, and can't imagine them not showing us...we're playing Philly (Dallas's Division) for pete's sake.

V Man
09-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Man, I'm praying this isn't what I've suspicioned for months, that we won't get to see the danged game here! I looked at the other games scheduled on Fox that day, and can't imagine them not showing us...we're playing Philly (Dallas's Division) for pete's sake.

Is Dallas playing at Jacksonville, and if so what time? They would some them over us if that is the case.

Not that it matters since I am going to the Lion and the Rose on the 10th.

FirstTexansFan
09-03-2006, 04:54 PM
The Dallas game is the late game, so no problems there.

V Man
09-03-2006, 04:58 PM

Well according to mysa.com (newspaper's site), they are showing the game next Sunday.:yahoo:

FirstTexansFan
09-03-2006, 05:00 PM
I don't trust'em! To say I'm totally peeved with SA and it's news media would be an understatement.

V Man
09-03-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't trust'em! To say I'm totally peeved with SA and it's news media would be an understatement.

I heard that. They may choose to re-show the Cowboys last pre-season game again. :crying:

FirstTexansFan
09-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Of course they will, that way they can place wagers on whether Dallas's Kicker makes the kick this time....:)

TexanStatGuru
09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Now don't confuse the 'Pokes fans. I can hear it now..."Dang he's missed 4 of his last 6 now. All he can do is hit from 20 yards out! Let's watch it again...dang now it's 6 of 9 he missed! How long is Parcells going to let this happen!"

BEERnBBQ
09-04-2006, 02:38 PM

i forwarded the tv listing in the guide for the tv to sunday. it shows that the game vs. philly will be on

bigcarlos
09-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Well according to mysa.com (newspaper's site), they are showing the game next Sunday.:yahoo:
Im glad they are showing it, but me and the family are making the trip to Arlington for the NLPW show. Ill have to record it.:brickwall

FirstTexansFan
09-04-2006, 03:28 PM
i forwarded the tv listing in the guide for the tv to sunday. it shows that the game vs. philly will be on

Thanks pardner! Now if you could only forward the negative posters on these MB's to the (Name your trolls real team website). :)

FirstTexansFan
09-04-2006, 08:31 PM
In going to Time Warners site, and viewing listings, they don't show the Texans game, it says TBA! (Team to be announced) I also went to TVGuide's website, same thing. I'm telling ya guys, if they get the first excuse we're gonna be screwed on this. I noticed New Orleans is playing at the same time we are...not good, as I wouldn't put it past the mullets here to believe that game would be more popular. Looking ahead to the second week, CBS does show that we'll be seeing the Texans vs. Colts game on KENS. We may wanna start making some phone calls right now :)

Update: Sent KABB-Fox email regarding this, as even their website program listing shows TBA. I hope I wasn't too over the top with it.

email:maxsports@kabb.com

Subject: Texans game on Sept. 10th

I hate to pull up a listing of your programming to find that this game is being shown as TBA. I do hope we don't have to put up with no coverage of the Texans just because you are the Cowboys affiliate in San Antonio. There are several reasons you should carry this game, but first and foremost, this game should be carried because the Texans are a TEXAS team. Second, if you can't find it in your Cowboy drugged mind to comprehend that, the Eagles, are opponents in your division, so I'm sure the Cowboy fans will be interested in how their competition will be this year. Third, we play you guys this year, and if your tarnished memories can recall, the last time we met, you guys got your butts whipped 19 - 10 in our 1st game ever in the NFL. I look forward to repeating this performance yet again this year so maybe, MAYBE we won't have to tolerate the total biased reporting we get from Dallas South. Let me know what your decisions gonna be on this one soon. I'd like to have time to paint my picket signs :)

V Man
09-05-2006, 08:59 AM
email:maxsports@kabb.com

Subject: Texans game on Sept. 10th

I hate to pull up a listing of your programming to find that this game is being shown as TBA. I do hope we don't have to put up with no coverage of the Texans just because you are the Cowboys affiliate in San Antonio. There are several reasons you should carry this game, but first and foremost, this game should be carried because the Texans are a TEXAS team. Second, if you can't find it in your Cowboy drugged mind to comprehend that, the Eagles, are opponents in your division, so I'm sure the Cowboy fans will be interested in how their competition will be this year. Third, we play you guys this year, and if your tarnished memories can recall, the last time we met, you guys got your butts whipped 19 - 10 in our 1st game ever in the NFL. I look forward to repeating this performance yet again this year so maybe, MAYBE we won't have to tolerate the total biased reporting we get from Dallas South. Let me know what your decisions gonna be on this one soon. I'd like to have time to paint my picket signs :)

Love the picket sign comment. It will be interesting to see their response is. In past years, I have received generic responses if I get any at all.

In a sick sort of way I hope they don't show us in the beginning. So when we start winning and they start showing us and calling themselves "your station for the Texans". I can send them some nasty e-mails about being bandwagoners and how dare they say their the Texans' station when they couldn't some them earlier.

Texizgreat
09-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Just checked my Time Warner Program guide... It is showing that we will be on KABB(channel 11) NON HD at noon..... So its there.:yahoo:

FirstTexansFan
09-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Mine shows the game also, BUT, when you check KABB's website, it says TBA :)

FirstTexansFan
09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey, what do ya know, I gotta response <grin>

Dear Randy,
You can save the threats. We're running the Texans game before the Cowboys game this Sunday. Enjoy! Chuck Miketinac

My Response:

Threats? I was serious as hell! But thanks for the prompt response Chuck, have a nice day :)

shinerbock_girl
09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey, what do ya know, I gotta response <grin>

My Response:

Threats? I was serious as hell! But thanks for the prompt response Chuck, have a nice day :)

Ha Ha, good for you, glad i'm not the only one fighting with these Idiots...Excluding Texigreat since he works for them, lol, and is a Texans fan...Hey anyone try that new AT&T cable they came out with that is just like TWC????

FirstTexansFan
09-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Somewhat off topic, but still related to watching the Texans on TV. I'm a Time Warner customer (thanks Manu hehe), and I've wondered for quite awhile why on HD broadcasts, Fox isn't in the lineup. For the most part this doesn't bother me, as the Texans games should be broadcast on CBS, but that isn't the case this week or the third week of the season. It seems the local Fox affiliate is owned by Sinclair broadcasting, and they are in a mini war with TW over revenues. They (posted on KABB's website) want a fee from TW to rebroadcast their HD programmning, and TW refuses to budge. Sinclairs stand is, TW is charging it's customers for HD programming, so why should they give it to TW for free. Presently the only solution to this is to buy a UHF antenna, tune your digital receiver to channel 30, so you can watch their HD programming. Me being the retired tightwad that I am has found, a nice length of coax cable, some speaker wire, and a coat hanger allows me to receive a perfect picture, and I'm out in New Braunfels <grin> Just FYI for the SA cheapskates like myself...good luck, and if you need instructions on how to construct a no/low cost UHF antenna, feel free to send me a PM :)

Texizgreat
09-06-2006, 09:53 PM
So are we meeting at Lion and Rose for the fisrt game this week??? if so I will be there.....

V Man
09-07-2006, 09:07 AM
So are we meeting at Lion and Rose for the fisrt game this week??? if so I will be there.....

I'll be there, and heard Texansgal8 got the first round.:francis:

San Antonio Texan
09-07-2006, 09:22 AM
I can't wait to get together this weekend with you guys at the Lion. I have to work Sunday but I am trying to get everything done before kickoff at 12:00.

I even had my contractors come in at 6 AM to try to achieve our goal for the day. Let me tell you that was met with some resistance. I will be there but I might be late so keep a beer cold for me!

shinerbock_girl
09-07-2006, 02:06 PM
I'll be there, and heard Texansgal8 got the first round.:francis:

Unfortuantely due to a few unexpected things, this will be our first get together i'll have to miss...:dontknowa Not happy about it....But V-man is buying the beer in my place....:party: Hope we will still continue to have more get togethers...

V Man
09-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Unfortuantely due to a few unexpected things, this will be our first get together i'll have to miss...:dontknowa Not happy about it....But V-man is buying the beer in my place....:party: Hope we will still continue to have more get togethers...

If you can't make it because of work, well then.............................................. ................. just quit. I need that beer. j/k

You will be missed, we catch you at the next one.

shinerbock_girl
09-07-2006, 06:07 PM
If you can't make it because of work, well then.............................................. ................. just quit. I need that beer. j/k

You will be missed, we catch you at the next one.
:grouphug:

bigcarlos
09-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I just noticed that it was on Fox......so if we go overtime, it beter be done by 3:15, or they will cut us off to bring Jerry's kids

hobie
09-08-2006, 01:37 PM
But, I can find foil, wire coat hangers and someone who will stand on the roof in a Looney Tunes position to get more.

NOW THAT'S A DIEHARD !!

TexanStatGuru
09-09-2006, 11:00 AM
I'll be at L&R too. Hope we have a good turnout. Sorry we're going to miss you Texansgal. :(

I was in my old, regular, drive-bar-on-the-way-home-hideaway (Blanco Tavern) and ran into another member of the Texans' brotherhood. I told him about Sunday. He may have had one or two too many by the time I ran into him, so I'm not exactly sure if his memory processed it correctly. We'll see.

Also, if expense becomes an issue, I know the guys that own Blanco Tavern (across 410 from L&R). I can talk to them. If we have a good enough regular group, I'm pretty sure they would be game to host it. Sunday is Happy Hour all day and they may even provide a buffet. I can't speak for them, but I can bring it up next time I talk to them.

I'm excited! These games are for real now! :fans:

GO TEXANS!!!!

Texizgreat
09-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey Mike,

What kinda TV do they have?

shinerbock_girl
09-10-2006, 02:13 AM
I'll miss ya too guys...Drink a few for me...Hey, and yes that buffet one sounds like a good deal too...You'll have to look into that and let us know...The bad service we all got last time at the L&R really left a bad taste in my mouth....Let me know if they give ya'll any drink specials like they said they would...

TexanStatGuru
09-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Blanco has NFL Ticket and about 10 or 11 TVs. Currently one is a big screen (front projection).

That's another thing, you can watch one game and still follow everything that's going on around the NFL. If some of you want to join me after the early game, that's where I'm headed.

See y'all in an hour or so. Have fun with th kiddie, Elle!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

TexanStatGuru
09-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Hon, I may not have stated it correctly. It's not like it's going to be lunch at the Belagio.

How about I put it differently? They may have food...lol.

shinerbock_girl
09-10-2006, 11:34 AM
LMFAO! Burgers would do at this point. Nachos even. LOL:drool:

AWWWW, nachos, my football food:francis:

BEERnBBQ
09-10-2006, 11:40 AM
ah yes nachos. i'm watching the game at home with the family. nachos, beer, and boneless wings. man i missed football

shinerbock_girl
09-10-2006, 11:42 AM
ah yes nachos. i'm watching the game at home with the family. nachos, beer, and boneless wings. man i missed football

U and me both...Been waiting for this wayyyy too long....

Texizgreat
09-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey guys PVT message me if you want to just come to my house for Colts game next week.

bigcarlos
09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
It was real nice watching TO and team fall.:)
Hopefully I can catch a game with fellow SA fans sometime this year. I was at a NLPW show yesterday, and at intermisson, I went to buy a couple of sodas at the concession stand, and they had a TV on, and I saw when the Jags put the nail in the coffin with that pick with under a minute. I screamed, "YEAH" and everyone looked at me with an angry face. I forgot how close Arlington is to Dallas:yahoo:

Texizgreat
09-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey guys I am thinking about not having it at my house this weekend. reason is that I still have a house full of puppys!! the house is not smelling so good. I should have most of them sold by the following weekend. so maybe then.

shinerbock_girl
09-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey guys I am thinking about not having it at my house this weekend. reason is that I still have a house full of puppys!! the house is not smelling so good. I should have most of them sold by the following weekend. so maybe then.

Then i guess i won't miss anything since i have to work anyways...

TexanStatGuru
09-13-2006, 05:45 PM
So, did y'all want to check out Blanco Tavern? Both V Man and Elle stopped in last weekend after the game. Beer's cheaper...lots of TVs...food (not the Belagio)...Wi-Fi access for the bloggers...NFL Ticket...

We need people to show up though because there is no way we get the big TV with 5 people. We can still group up near one of the other TVs, but I would like to get 10+ there so we can dominate the big screen! :whip:

Let me know who's in. :ok:

shinerbock_girl
09-13-2006, 05:56 PM
So, did y'all want to check out Blanco Tavern? Both V Man and Elle stopped in last weekend after the game. Beer's cheaper...lots of TVs...food (not the Belagio)...Wi-Fi access for the bloggers...NFL Ticket...

We need people to show up though because there is no way we get the big TV with 5 people. We can still group up near one of the other TVs, but I would like to get 10+ there so we can dominate the big screen! :whip:

Let me know who's in. :ok:

Sounds good to me...I'm in if i'm off the weekend ya'll are there.

San Antonio Texan
09-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Who all made it To the L&R last Sunday?

Sorry I missed the game but I did not get out of work till late.

V Man
09-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Who all made it To the L&R last Sunday?

Sorry I missed the game but I did not get out of work till late.

Texizgreat, his wife, his friend (Wayne), TexanStatGuru, and myself

TexanStatGuru
09-15-2006, 09:07 AM
I just looked at the rest of the league schedule. Dallas isn't playing until Sunday night, so we may be able to get the big screen at Blanco Tavern even with a smaller group if anybody is interested.

Just let me know where y'all want to meet. I'm ready for Sunday already.

shinerbock_girl
09-15-2006, 01:57 PM
I just looked at the rest of the league schedule. Dallas isn't playing until Sunday night, so we may be able to get the big screen at Blanco Tavern even with a smaller group if anybody is interested.

Just let me know where y'all want to meet. I'm ready for Sunday already.

I'll be in Shiner for Bocktoberfest that Sat, but if the games sunday nite, i could be back in town to meet ya'll...

shinerbock_girl
09-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Bocktoberfest already? I thought that was next month???? Then again, I'm a school teacher who has already clocked a month in, have no idea what in the hell is happening in the world, except for what those whack-jobs...er, I mean high school kids...are doing, I'm planning curriculum weeks in advance and if I didn't write the date on the board every day, I wouldn't have a clue. Actually, just to be safe, my date markers are a different color marker than what I use to write on the whiteboard, so....I keep that jewel in my desk drawer, and whomever is the least obnoxious kid last period of the day is allowed to change the date to the next day and post the agenda. They get all fancy with lettering and grapics and stuff. I'm doing good not to write December 21, 2012 as the current date.:rolleyes:

Do you know what those little SOBs did on Friday????? We had a pep rally before school and it was a near Fiesta event. Band, dance teams, the guys partially dressed out, really elaborate. The plan called for the drumline to exit the rally first and have the student body follow nearly half a mile, taking time to celebrate and mingle and the principal announced that the tardy bell had been moved to 9am, vs. 8:45am to allow for said gathering, celebrating, partying and bonding. Before the freakin band could get out of there, a stampede from the inside of the gym pressed forward and instead of marching through the hallway behind the drummers, 8 seperate fights broke out that involved at least 100 of their sorry, gangster butts. It was a ballroom blitz for crying out loud. Yeah, there you go kids. You've just rallied your team to gridiron battle and followed up with a Braveheart scene.:yikes: Does anyone wish to wager on whether or not they will see another pep rally this season? Naw, but they did earn themselves mandatory after school study halls if your grades suck, you are a gangster, or if you've had office referrals. THANKS! Now we each have to give up 2 afternoons for that. I won't get home until after 7pm some days. This blows. I need to win the lottery.

Ok....that was way off topic. Tomorrow? Is it noon? I might make it if I can get some sleep tonight. I spent the night with my grandson, who turned 2 months on Wed. I was so paranoid he'd roll over and stop breathing that I didn't sleep at all. He sure did. He was spread out on the leather couch, wearing Texans colors and baby socks, oblivious to the world while I jerked up every 15 minutes to see if he was breathing. I wasn't paranoid like that with MY kids.

Again, sorry to blather on and on, but I'm so sleepy and cannot nap. Mike, I think if we get 7 there, we can take the big screen and the Belagio Buffet.:cool:

Actually no, i thought they were talking about getting together for the Oct 15th game with Dallas/Texans not the Skins game...Iam working for sure tomorrow nite....

shinerbock_girl
09-16-2006, 03:52 PM
BUMMER! What time do you go in? Can you make at least a half?

Not till 6pm but i have to sleep before i go in:(

TexanStatGuru
09-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Nah...I was talking about this week's game. Just some misunderstanding somewhere. If I don't hear anything different, that's where I'll be.

Texizgreat
09-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey guys Hopefully I will have most the Pups sold by next sunday but i will have all sold by the following. I would like to have folks over for the Miami game. So we will have it at my house Oct 1.

Stats:
Where:NE side
What: 52 Inch DLP (hope they show it in HD)
Bring: Beer and Meat

Lets plan PVT me.

shinerbock_girl
09-17-2006, 03:33 AM
Hey guys Hopefully I will have most the Pups sold by next sunday but i will have all sold by the following. I would like to have folks over for the Miami game. So we will have it at my house Oct 1.

Stats:
Where:NE side
What: 52 Inch DLP (hope they show it in HD)
Bring: Beer and Meat

Lets plan PVT me.

Looks like i'll miss this one also...:crying:

TexanStatGuru
09-17-2006, 10:15 AM
House party on the 1st sounds good. Count me in.

FirstTexansFan
09-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Well so much for watching the game locally. They just left the Texans game to show Buffalo and Miami here in San Antonio, and the 3rd quarter just began. God I hate this town! Not only that, the low life pieces of dung didn't even show the game in HD.

bigcarlos
09-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Remember what happened last year, they stopped showing the games after a few losses. Guess thats gonna happen again.

FirstTexansFan
09-17-2006, 02:21 PM
FYI Carlos, I posted in the main thread of the game, but if you have a high speed internet connection, the game is available through StreamTVnow.com It's a monthly charge of $4 bucks, but a good backup considering we're in the middle of the dumbest TV execs on the face of the planet. I'm watching the game on my computer now.

UvaldeTexan
09-21-2006, 07:29 AM
SA has always been like this! I live in Uvalde and receive SA tv and radio. SA sportscasters are serious Cowboy homers. Even back in the Oiler days. I always remember one sunday i had to go to SA to the mall and went into a dept. store so i could watch some of the Oiler game. I was the only person watchin the Oiler game while a huge crowd was watching the Dallas game. The sports radio here is even worse. They seem to hate the Texans its all Cowboys..the only time they talk Texans is to bash for not taking Reggie Bush. I just looked at the TV listing for this week and the FOX affiliate is not showing the Texans Redskins game!!!!!

Texizgreat
09-21-2006, 08:22 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/texans/stories/MYSA092106.1C.FBNtexans.ratings.34795b6.html

KABB will not be showing the game

shinerbock_girl
09-21-2006, 11:17 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/nfl/texans/stories/MYSA092106.1C.FBNtexans.ratings.34795b6.html

KABB will not be showing the game

This is pathetic...really pathetic...I also think its more of a personal decision of kABB well....Cowboy homers will be homers...And thats the way they want to keep the SA market...When it boils down to it, in SA football is football, and if its the only game on, football lovers will watch it...Its not like they are getting flooded with emails saying "Please show the Vikings/Bears and not the Texans"...Maybe i will consider satellite again for Direct tv. Not sure how well its going to work in an apartment...Maybe us Texans fans need to flood KABB with angry emails...We deserve a right to speak out what a disgrace THEY are for NOT supporting a second Texas team....

dtran04
09-21-2006, 11:21 AM
They recently changed it to the Vikings/Bears. I checked a couple days ago and was happy that SA was going to show the game.

shinerbock_girl
09-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Heres their email if you all want to voice your opinions.... kabbtv@kabb.com

V Man
09-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Heres their email if you all want to voice your opinions.... kabbtv@kabb.com

Unfortunately, I guess I'm a beaten dog. Have emailed them so many times; they quit responding back

Maybe i will consider satellite again for Direct tv. Not sure how well its going to work in an apartment.......

Right now Direct TV is offering NFL Ticket and 250 other channels (HBO and other movie channels included) for 69.99 for 4 months. I am really considering switching to them. Tired of fighting.

V Man
09-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Right now Direct TV is offering NFL Ticket and 250 other channels (HBO and other movie channels included) for 69.99 for 4 months. I am really considering switching to them. Tired of fighting.

Plus a free DVR with mail in rebate.

shinerbock_girl
09-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Plus a free DVR with mail in rebate.

But your lucky you have a house...I live in an apartment with trees in the way so it would be a gamble on whether or not it would work.

V Man
09-21-2006, 12:13 PM
But your lucky you have a house...I live in an apartment with trees in the way so it would be a gamble on whether or not it would work.

My house is surrounded by tree also. I may have to put mine on a stand and place it in the middle of my yard.

shinerbock_girl
09-21-2006, 12:22 PM
My house is surrounded by tree also. I may have to put mine on a stand and place it in the middle of my yard.

At least u have that option:crying:

shinerbock_girl
09-21-2006, 07:10 PM
I told you guys we were gonna get hosed. Even KABB caved to the all mightly NFL scam to get us all hooked to a freakin contract for football....and they ARE getting kick backs from it. I can hoist a 20 foot pole in my back yard for a dish, but knowing that El Nino will be dominating our weather this year keeps me from doing something stupid, like getting a dish. They say we are having rain this fall and winter. That will stop your dish from working. Been there, dome that. I'm not spending all those bucks to buy drinks at a sports bar, either. Also, as Jen has stated, the sports bar scene doesn't work for some of us with jobs that interfere with bar watching.

I teach and I have to drag home ton of....things....to be nice about it, that I have to grade. Is some bar going to give me a table, let me bring in boxes of things to grade, let me wear my pajamas and tank tops, haul my cats in, set up my crock pot for whatever I'll be eating the following week, let me have an ice bucket to house my OWN Pinot Grigio, and let me forward my house calls to them? No.

And am I going to watch Chicago play ANYONE? EVER? No. I have someone who will tape the Texans for me, I'll grade, cook, and drink at home most of the season, watch the tapes on bad TV nights and Sundays will be filled with Shane Falco.:cool:

Hey girl if someone is taping the game for u can they make me a copy??? I HAVE TO SEE THIS GAMEEE!!!!!!

shinerbock_girl
09-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey girl if someone is taping the game for u can they make me a copy??? I HAVE TO SEE THIS GAMEEE!!!!!!

Wait a minute..Is this a DVD or VHS??? because i no longer have a VHS player...

Texizgreat
09-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Well Just FYI Veric (V-MAN) and I will be going to buffalo Wild wings... To tell the truth Lion and rose is not a "Family" bar Buffalos does have video games atleast. and i can't keep asking my folks to watch the kids while I watch the game....

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Meet ya'll there guys...

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 03:43 PM
You're off tomorrow???? I'm assuming V and Texiz will be at the Forum, correct? I can pop in for a bit. I was supposed to have Connor for the day today, but his Daddy is tired of working so much and not being with him, so he called in sick. :) I'm pretty sure we are getting together tomorrow in the afternoon. We need to get the pictures taken. Wait until you guys see our smallest Texan. I'm pretty sure he's the youngest one we have here in SA. At least in our crew that is.:shades:

No its my weekend off....They are meeting at the Buffalo Wild Wings at DeZavala and I-10, not Pat Booker...Thats why i said it was kinda far since we live on the Northeast side and theres one close to us...So i guess i'll make an exception this time....

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Man, that's far. I thought it was the Forum. I'll see about coming by.

Yeah i know, lol, thats what i thought....

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Wanna carpoole?

Oh wait, that may not work since we need to have that photo shoot.

I wish I could get them to come out with us, but Connor is too little to be around so much noise and smoke. Julian would hang just fine. But my new baby girl Momma wouldn't allow it.

Carpooling would be kool, but Yeah with the smoke alone u have to be very careful with small babies still developing their little lungs.

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 04:57 PM
You'd be proud, Jen. He screams REALLY loud for someone only 2 months old. When he cannot burp, he yells like he's been shot or something. Thank God for the new infant antacid. It works instantly, thus his screaming ceases. I want whatever HE'S taking!

LOL, Me too....

V Man
09-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Meet ya'll there guys...

Remember you have the first round.:redtowel:

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Remember you have the first round.:redtowel:

IN YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!...lol.....Besides y'all should feel bad making Elle and Me drive allllll the way on the other side of town just to watch the game with you guys:crying: But, the sacrifaces we make...

V Man
09-23-2006, 05:24 PM
IN YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!...lol.....Besides y'all should feel bad making Elle and Me drive allllll the way on the other side of town just to watch the game with you guys:crying: But, the sacrifaces we make...

Yeah, Yeah we just decided to go here because you had to work and Elle had papers to grade. Next time, I guess we can try the forum. It is probably closer for Texiz anyway. But you won't see me crying about the drive to spend some quaility time with good friends. j/k

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, Yeah we just decided to go here because you had to work and Elle had papers to grade. Next time, I guess we can try the forum. It is probably closer for Texiz anyway. But you won't see me crying about the drive to spend some quaility time with good friends. j/k

Smart A**.....Oh i'm just joking with ya...lol...I don't mind the drive...Just depends how many beers i'm going to slam down depending on how the game goes...

V Man
09-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Smart A**.....Oh i'm just joking with ya...lol...I don't mind the drive...Just depends how many beers i'm going to slam down depending on how the game goes...

No need to use vulgar language. You're going to hurt my feelings. :)

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 05:51 PM
No need to use vulgar language. You're going to hurt my feelings. :)

LOL....

V Man
09-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Dude, that is a drive, even for the game and I have a ton of work to do and family portraits to get done.

What? You don't have anything to grade? If not, I can hand you a stack of things!!!!!:whip:

Don't hate. No I just make sure I get everything at school. Remember I teach 6th graders, I need my whole weekend to rest and get battle ready for the next week.:hunter:

V Man
09-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Not to change the subject, but has anyone heard from San Antonio Texan (both spaces and no spaces) in a while. Just wondering how they are doing.

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Not to change the subject, but has anyone heard from San Antonio Texan (both spaces and no spaces) in a while. Just wondering how they are doing.

Actually i was thinking about them today also...Haven't heard anything...Was hoping they could join us tomorrow

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 06:24 PM
I sent him a PM if he comes online, inviting them to join us tomorrow...V-man, do y'all get there at 11 or right at 12????

V Man
09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
I sent him a PM if he comes online, inviting them to join us tomorrow...V-man, do y'all get there at 11 or right at 12????

Probably about 11:30.

V Man
09-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Trust me when I say that if I was still teaching 6th grade, I'd have taken myself out of my own misery long ago. :full body shiver: I cannot stand anything in the middle school range anymore. I gave it 4 years. That's my limit.

Ten years in Junior High; They say it takes someone special or a little crazy to teach Junior High. I wonder which one I fall under......:tease:

V Man
09-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Did you know about the new TAKS Test for Freshman? It's a writing test which means that all high school levels are being beaten to death whether they take the test or not.

Yeah I heard. You think you have it tough, feel for the poor 8th grade teachers. Their grade takes four TAKS Tests!!!! (Math, Reading, Social Studies, and Science) At least they got a break a couple of years ago; they use to have writing also (giving them all five testing areas). It stunk, I did 8th grade a few years at that time.

V Man
09-23-2006, 07:19 PM
All middle school English teachers are going to be giving that new TAKS test to get them ready for it in 9th grade. I really feel bad for those 8th graders now. It's a practice test this year and counts next year. More hurdles for these kids to get through. Now, if they mess up on that new 9th grade test, they will be held back next year. It's becoming a zoo. It's too much pressure on them.

Yeah, my wife teachs 8th grade Language Arts, and she has gotten some new workbooks and other stuff. Plus the LA facilitator is worrying her to death, over lesson plans and what is going on during class time.

spurstexanstros
09-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey guys I am a pissed off texans fan. I have rooted for the houston football franchise since i was a kid. The oilers were my team. choke after choke i came back to them. They left me and us with no football team. And when the texans came into my life it was as if i missed breathing for five years. I am a ravid texans fan and cowboys hater. I can take alot from those cowboy cockroaches (both the fans and yes the sa media). I can take the fact they jerk the game when the team is out of contention.(for cowboy fans that means out of playoffs or a normal season for you)

WHAT I CANT TAKE IS THE GUTLESS, PISS POOR EXCUSES FOX AND KABB ARE GIVING US FOR NOT SHOWING THE GAME IN SAN ANTONIO. MEMO TO THEM THE RATINGS WERE HIGH BECAUSE OF CBS SWITCHING THE GAME. DE DUH DEE CHUCK (POOR MANS GREG SIMMONS) MIKETENAC.

Anways, I am fed up it is time for this texans fan to unite with the others to show their support for our CLOSEST nfl team. i just want to know where that is? I think Buffallo wild wings?I will be there. If anyone sees a tall guy getting out of a texans 4 runner that is me. I will be wearing superman's jersey(that is David Carr to all you haters)Good luck to you all and go Texans.

shinerbock_girl
09-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey guys I am a pissed off texans fan. I have rooted for the houston football franchise since i was a kid. The oilers were my team. choke after choke i came back to them. They left me and us with no football team. And when the texans came into my life it was as if i missed breathing for five years. I am a ravid texans fan and cowboys hater. I can take alot from those cowboy cockroaches (both the fans and yes the sa media). I can take the fact they jerk the game when the team is out of contention.(for cowboy fans that means out of playoffs or a normal season for you)

WHAT I CANT TAKE IS THE GUTLESS, PISS POOR EXCUSES FOX AND KABB ARE GIVING US FOR NOT SHOWING THE GAME IN SAN ANTONIO. MEMO TO THEM THE RATINGS WERE HIGH BECAUSE OF CBS SWITCHING THE GAME. DE DUH DEE CHUCK (POOR MANS GREG SIMMONS) MIKETENAC.

Anways, I am fed up it is time for this texans fan to unite with the others to show their support for our CLOSEST nfl team. i just want to know where that is? I think Buffallo wild wings?I will be there. If anyone sees a tall guy getting out of a texans 4 runner that is me. I will be wearing superman's jersey(that is David Carr to all you haters)Good luck to you all and go Texans.

Hey just PM'd u back...great to have ya with us...

spurstexanstros
09-23-2006, 10:47 PM
I will be there. BATTLE RED INSIDE AND OUT.

shinerbock_girl
10-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Well i can't make this one, but i'll be at the Jags one...Can't wait....V-man, why don't u and your wife come with us???