PDA

View Full Version : A little Law would not be a bad thing!!

Ibar_Harry
05-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Of course I'm talking about Ty Law. I really wonder if we could entice him to come hear for a reasonable price. It would be like icing on the cake for us and really would potentially make us a play off contender. So far he hasn't shown interest towards us, but I'm not certain a lot of teams have shown interest towards him.

I have a hunch he would fall in love with this club if he came here. I bet he would find more than a little love for his services. The attitude on this ball club is infectious. To me he is the final piece to the puzzle.

kiwitexansfan
05-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Pretty sure he wants premium CB money. At his age I am not sure he is worth it. Reports say he has lost a lot of skill and is just getting by on smarts.
Smarts that got him 10 picks admittedly but I do wonder if that was only because teams started to go after him knowing how far he had declined.

TexansLucky13
05-18-2006, 01:41 AM
I love the Patriots, and I loved seeing Law on the roster. But truth be told, he didn't want to be there. He purposely raised his standards so that Belichick would have no choice but to let him go. As for the idea of "skill", I believe he would be an excellent acquisition for us. But I think he is waiting for something "special" to open up just for him.

:twocents:

Double Barrel
05-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Man, it would be too much to ask the football gods to get Ty Law. He's an elite player, and makes everyone around him better. We can always dream, 'eh?

WILLIEG
05-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Despite serious injury, Law visits with Steelers
The Associated Press 03/14/2005
Email to a friendPrinter-friendly
Free agent cornerback Ty Law visited with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday despite possibly being months away from practicing again because of a serious foot injury.
Law, a four-time Pro Bowl player recently released by the Super Bowl champion Patriots, also plans to visit with the Chiefs, Browns, Jets, Raiders and Cowboys. He left for Kansas City after meeting with the Steelers.

Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said the Steelers are interested in Law, even though he needed an operation in January to repair ligament damage in his left foot. Law sustained a season-ending mid-foot fracture during a 34-20 loss in Pittsburgh on Oct. 31 that ended New England's record 21-game winning streak.

The 31-year-old Law is still wearing a soft cast as he rehabilitates the foot.

Law was due to make $8.75 million this season before being released by New England, which signed him to a $51 million, seven-year contract in 1999. Law, a native of Aliquippa, Pa., in suburban Pittsburgh, said he is willing to take less money to play for a contending team.

The Steelers recently released former starting cornerback Chad Scott in a salary-cap move, but have starting cornerbacks Willie Williams and Deshea Townsend and backups Richard Colclough and Ike Taylor under contract.

Law is believed to be at least a month away from being able to take a physical that could determine if he can still play in the NFL. He is not yet close to being able to work out for a team.

Law holds Patriots franchise records with 36 interceptions and six regular-season touchdowns on interceptions. He also scored on an interception when the Patriots beat the St. Louis Rams in 2002 for the first of their three NFL titles in four seasons.

CMoak1982
05-18-2006, 02:20 AM
I would have loved to get Ike taylor, I think it would of cost us a 3rd though, that dude is big for a corner and he's got some game to him.

sakebomb
05-18-2006, 06:36 AM
Pro bowl aging veterans don't usually sign with crappy teams for "reasonable" amounts of cash. It would cost us a lot.

Ibar_Harry
05-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Is he healthy? Has he had any offers? I'm asking those questions. Is he someone we need?

trane
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Of course I'm talking about Ty Law. I really wonder if we could entice him to come hear for a reasonable price. It would be like icing on the cake for us and really would potentially make us a play off contender. So far he hasn't shown interest towards us, but I'm not certain a lot of teams have shown interest towards him.

I have a hunch he would fall in love with this club if he came here. I bet he would find more than a little love for his services. The attitude on this ball club is infectious. To me he is the final piece to the puzzle.

Ty Law is the type of guy you bring in if you are a player or two away from the Super Bowl.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
05-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Ty Law is the type of guy you bring in if you are a player or two away from the Super Bowl.

Agreed. I like Ty and I really would have liked to see him with the bears, but I also wanted Woodson and now I get to see him line up across from us and create havoc at least 2 times a year now that he has signed with the enemy (Packers) This is hard for me as I am a BIG Michigan fan.

TEXANS84
05-18-2006, 11:13 AM
WILLIEG, need a link to that article. BTW, the date on that is back in 2005.

Scooter
05-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Is he healthy? Has he had any offers? I'm asking those questions. Is he someone we need?

yes. no. yes.

i dont think we need him because he's supercorner ty law, although that's good enough reason alone, we need him because we're hurting for a veteran presence in the secondary. while he has aged a bit, the same thing was said for glenn when he was playing for us. glenn forced teams to throw to dunta which as we all learned, was a good thing for the texans. being forced to choose between throwing at law & throwing at dunta will have it's advantages in the turnover area. i'm doubting he wants to come here however because he's in everyone's best guess, looking to go to an immediate contender.

per kffl ... http://kffl.com/player/1146/nfl

Seahawks | Team still interested in Law
Tue, 16 May 2006 05:39:24 -0700

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports free agent CB Ty Law's (Jets) agent Carl Poston said the Seattle Seahawks remain in the running to sign Law. The Seahawks have remained in contact with Law even after drafting a cornerback in the first round of the draft. No formal offer has been made by any team and a decision isn't likely to be made soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots | Law’s agent confirms physical
Tue, 16 May 2006 05:25:36 -0700

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports free agent CB Ty Law's (Jets) agent, Carl Poston, said Law took a physical for the Patriots last week. There have been no serious talks about a contract between Law and the Patriots.

Ibar_Harry
05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
yes. no. yes.

i dont think we need him because he's supercorner ty law, although that's good enough reason alone, we need him because we're hurting for a veteran presence in the secondary. while he has aged a bit, the same thing was said for glenn when he was playing for us. glenn forced teams to throw to dunta which as we all learned, was a good thing for the texans. being forced to choose between throwing at law & throwing at dunta will have it's advantages in the turnover area. i'm doubting he wants to come here however because he's in everyone's best guess, looking to go to an immediate contender.

per kffl ... http://kffl.com/player/1146/nfl

Seahawks | Team still interested in Law
Tue, 16 May 2006 05:39:24 -0700

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports free agent CB Ty Law's (Jets) agent Carl Poston said the Seattle Seahawks remain in the running to sign Law. The Seahawks have remained in contact with Law even after drafting a cornerback in the first round of the draft. No formal offer has been made by any team and a decision isn't likely to be made soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots | Law’s agent confirms physical
Tue, 16 May 2006 05:25:36 -0700

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports free agent CB Ty Law's (Jets) agent, Carl Poston, said Law took a physical for the Patriots last week. There have been no serious talks about a contract between Law and the Patriots.

Yikes you said one word and I understand why the Texans perhaps aren't interested. Poston is enough said if its who I think it is......

Scooter
05-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Yikes you said one word and I understand why the Texans perhaps aren't interested. Poston is enough said if its who I think it is......

lol that's the one scary word that jumped out at me also.

Ibar_Harry
05-18-2006, 12:52 PM
As far as his presence and being like Glenn I agree with you. We really lost a lot of leadership when we lost Glenn. Teams were beginning to understand that Glenn had slowed though and they were going at him rather than DROB and we were being hurt because of it. I agree that we could use some vetern leadership in the secondary.