PDA

View Full Version : Bush's Battle to wear #5

MikeMc
05-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Are any of you sick of this?? What a POS this kid must be. He is trying to negotiate a deal AND convince the NFL to allow him to break one of their rules (Jersey #s).

Seems this kid does not have football on his mind. Distractions will get worse in NO!

Huge
05-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Are any of you sick of this?? What a POS this kid must be. He is trying to negotiate a deal AND convince the NFL to allow him to break one of their rules (Jersey #s).

Seems this kid does not have football on his mind. Distractions will get worse in NO!
What deal is he trying to negotiate?

And if the league changes the rule, then he wouldn't be breaking it.

MikeMc
05-16-2006, 02:51 PM
The rule as it stands now. He has been sporting the #5 at practice. He is breaking the rule as it stands!!!

I did not hear that he signed his contract....just that he was in the middle of getting his agent to get the deal signed.

Huge
05-16-2006, 03:03 PM
So he's a POS for negotiating a contract? As a draft pick, isn't that what he's supposed to do?

And according to the league rules, he's not breaking them. They allow number deviations during mini-camps and pre-season. If he trots out on opening day wearing something other than #5 and didn't have approval, then it'd be something different.

MightyTExan
05-16-2006, 03:21 PM
I would think that the hammy tweak is to be expected. Happens a lot to the burners-Mathis, Moss,etc............................

MikeMc
05-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Especially after trying to maximize their speed at the combine/ private workouts.

Texas
05-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Its ridiculous to ask to even change the #...Its a #...Get a new one deal with it. Why should one guy be special enuff to earn a new #? He just wants attention. I say piss on him

kingh99
05-16-2006, 04:48 PM

Bingo. He wants a QB number. What does that tell ya?

mexican_texan
05-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Rookies should be seen, not heard. They should not have respect in the league, they should earn it through hard work and respectful
behavior.

:francis: Hee hee ---> :francis:
:shoot:

WWJD
05-16-2006, 04:56 PM
It's really kind of funny.

If he was a Texan we'd all be saying he's a great guy, give him his number, he's not hurting anybody and as they say in "Seinfeld" yada, yada, yada.

tulexan
05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
He's not the first guy to ask for a new number and he won't be the last. If the league says no and he still complains then you can start criticizing him, but right now that is not the case.

By the way, I saw Reggie this weekend in NOLA. He is smaller than I would have expected.

Double Barrel
05-16-2006, 06:37 PM
E. James asked for the same thing from the NFL (to wear #5). I don't see the problem in asking, as long as they understand "no" when the league provides the answer. I'm sure the NFL will maintain the same position with this request, too.

As far as his contract negotiations; 'eh...It's business. Who can really blame him for trying to cash in now?

Huge
05-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Bingo. He wants a QB number. What does that tell ya?
Kickers and punters also wear #5. Should that tell us anything else?

axman40
05-16-2006, 09:21 PM
It's all about the :money: he wanted to keep #5 and roll it into his subway gig.

:spy:

Kaiser Toro
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
He's not the first guy to ask for a new number and he won't be the last. If the league says no and he still complains then you can start criticizing him, but right now that is not the case.

By the way, I saw Reggie this weekend in NOLA. He is smaller than I would have expected.

Coming from you that carries a lot of weight in my book. I never considered his size to be a major factor, but interesting nonetheless.

kastofsna
05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
if they tell him no, he'll wear #25. request over. he's asking, and they'll give him an answer. simple.

gwallaia
05-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Who cares?

tulexan
05-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Coming from you that carries a lot of weight in my book. I never considered his size to be a major factor, but interesting nonetheless.

I may have wanted him, but I'm not going to lie and misreport something that I saw. I'm biased, but not that biased.

TexanFan881
05-17-2006, 03:34 PM
It's a number. No matter which number is on his back he is still Reggie Bush. It will not affect his performance on the field at all. When the NFL changed the WR rule there was only 10 number's available for WR and TE. So if you kept 3 TEs and 5 WRs, and there were a couple numbers retired, you wouldn't have a number. At RB there is about 20 numbers available and the NFL shouldn't make an exception to Reggie Bush when it's not needed.

kastofsna
05-17-2006, 10:09 PM
It's a number. No matter which number is on his back he is still Reggie Bush. It will not affect his performance on the field at all. When the NFL changed the WR rule there was only 10 number's available for WR and TE. So if you kept 3 TEs and 5 WRs, and there were a couple numbers retired, you wouldn't have a number. At RB there is about 20 numbers available and the NFL shouldn't make an exception to Reggie Bush when it's not needed.
defensive backs share the same numbers.

mexican_texan
05-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Okay, so I got an :lightbulb:

The NFL could allow two franchise players (one on offense and one on defense) to wear special numbers. It's not much, but I don't want some young, spoiled hotshot to bend the rules to his favor (That RB from USC---Sherman Klump).

Trap_Star
05-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Okay, so I got an :lightbulb:

The NFL could allow two franchise players (one on offense and one on defense) to wear special numbers. It's not much, but I don't want some young, spoiled hotshot to bend the rules to his favor (That RB from USC---Sherman Klump).

I dunno about this. Thats gonna cause problems within the team. Who decides who the franchise player is? What if M.Williams wants #9, and D-Rob wants #2....:crutch:

mexican_texan
05-17-2006, 11:02 PM
I dunno about this. Thats gonna cause problems within the team. Who decides who the franchise player is? What if M.Williams wants #9, and D-Rob wants #2....:crutch:
The previous season's MVP perhaps?

Trap_Star
05-17-2006, 11:10 PM
I have no problem with players wearing whatever # they want, but the NFL should wait until the next CBA to change that rule. Dont do it because Reggie Bush asked for it. :twocents:

Eagles78
05-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I cant believe its taking the NFL this long ot come to a desicion. The guy hasnt even signed a contract and is already asking the rules to be changed. I wouldnt mind if he was dedicating it to a passed away family member or friend but not just because he wants it

Bobo
05-18-2006, 10:26 AM

All he cares about is himself. Heck with the team and the NFL, it's all about him and the millions of dollars he wants to make. Maybe he should spend more time paying back the rent he/his parents owe to that agent friend of his who leased that house out to his parents.

Huge
05-18-2006, 10:41 AM
All he cares about is himself. Heck with the team and the NFL, it's all about him and the millions of dollars he wants to make. Maybe he should spend more time paying back the rent he/his parents owe to that agent friend of his who leased that house out to his parents.
Which would explain why he's willing to donate 25% of what he makes off his jersey to charities.

kastofsna
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Which would explain why he's willing to donate 25% of what he makes off his jersey to charities.
nuh uh, all athletes are selfish and only care about money how do i know i dont know i just say that because im jelous of their money lolllll

Mr. White
05-24-2006, 09:27 AM
610 just reported the NFL made a ruling that he cannot wear number 5. He has to wear a number in the 20's, 30's or 40's like all the other RB's.

Huge
05-24-2006, 12:41 PM
According to the Saints' present roster, the only numbers available are 30, 40, and 45.