PDA

View Full Version : Texas OL Will Allen walks out of camp

User Name
05-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Saints | W. Allen leaves camp
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:54:20 -0700

NewOrleansSaints.com reports New Orleans Saints rookie free agent OL Will Allen left the team during the their minicamp. Head coach Sean Payton was asked if he was disappointed and he replied: "It's not for everybody. You'd rather find out now then take up a space in camp. You are disappointed if you get to camp and you are one roster spot short. We had a couple of guys do some things in that position where we'll be fine."

????

what happened guys? :spy:

mexican_texan
05-15-2006, 11:00 PM
The G from Texas? I never heard much of him character-wise.

Hulk75
05-15-2006, 11:08 PM
yep that's him, i dunno either cause it was lookin like he was going to possibly make a spot on the team, and this was just rookie camp with no pads and he quits? wow.
I hate that word..............The man decided that he wanted his last game to be with a NCAA Championship. He said it is not for everyone, good luck in what ever he does. He probably was wondering for a while if he wanted to do this the rest of his life he got out there and said "I am good, good luck".

Huge
05-16-2006, 09:02 AM
If he's doing what he wants to do, then it's not his loss.

And given his education background, I think he'll be okay.

Frills
05-16-2006, 09:06 AM
All too easy

fastpitchwoof
05-16-2006, 11:09 AM
No one knows what is going on in his mind or life. I had a scholarship offer to play at a mid level college. I didn't really enjoy playing football so I declined. I am 42 yrs old now and every once in a while I wonder if I could have made it. But I made the right decision and I never regret not trying it. Football is brutal and you have to love it to put your body through the abuse that it is going to take. Unless you are a stud (I wasn't) and are going to make a ton of money you probably shouldn't play if you don't love it. It is a personal decision.

Good luck to this young man.

kastofsna
05-16-2006, 11:26 AM
practice is a bit harder in the NFL than how mama mack brown ran hers.

Mr. White
05-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Dude came in undrafted, knew his chances were slim, and got out. He's got a degree from a good school. The NFL isn't the only opportunity out there for a college graduate.

Huge
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM
practice is a bit harder in the NFL than how mama mack brown ran hers.
You going to argue with the results of those practices?

kastofsna
05-16-2006, 06:17 PM
You going to argue with the results of those practices?
works in college, not in the NFL.

Huge
05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Mack Brown - College or NFL head coach?

baba ganoush
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
maybe since the saints were the only team intersested in him, he probably didnt want to go to that team and that probably why he quite...

Kaiser Toro
05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Best of luck to a integral part of the University of Texas championship run. Professional sports are not for everyone and save a few, not as lucrative of a career as in the corporate world. Best that he made the decision now rather than later.