PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the people that would be complaining right now....

playoff year please
05-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Where are all the people that would be complaining right now if Williams had a hamstring issue. All you #1 pick bashers would be having a field day if Williams was hurt, but since your man is hurt you won't talk about it. Boy, so many people can bash, but they can't praise or even say we might have gotten lucky. I know it too early to say with Bush, but you know the bashing would be unbelievable if it were Williams.

Ibar_Harry
05-15-2006, 10:20 AM
What is real interesting is he is practicing before he has a contract. That is generally a no-no. If he gets injured in this situation he is up the creek without a paddle. Tune in the for the next segment of "As the World Turns on Bush". In reality I hope things do turn out well for Bush and wish him the best of luck, its just he was not what we needed most. He has gone through a lot and I think he faces an uphill battle. He's had some unlucky moments of late.

Hervoyel
05-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I would be shocked if he didn't have some sort of insurance policy in effect right now.

Mr. White
05-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't think you need a contract to go to mini-camp.

BigDTexansFan
05-15-2006, 11:28 AM
I would be shocked if he didn't have some sort of insurance policy in effect right now.

ALL top picks get insurance that covers them from before draft until contract signing, he is covered of course if he keeps gimping up my grandma will be able to cover him :crutch:

powerfuldragon
05-15-2006, 11:44 AM
GO TEXANS!

Snapple
05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
lol It's a minor hamstring injury. You act like Reggie just Ki-Jana Carter'd himself. Reggie's injury isn't even an issue, so get off your high horse.

Ibar_Harry
05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
GO TEXANS!

The amount of Glare from you post is a problem for those of us who have faulty vision. I think making it a little bit bigger would reduce the glare factor.

Hulk75
05-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Where are all the people that would be complaining right now if Williams had a hamstring issue. All you #1 pick bashers would be having a field day if Williams was hurt, but since your man is hurt you won't talk about it. Boy, so many people can bash, but they can't praise or even say we might have gotten lucky. I know it too early to say with Bush, but you know the bashing would be unbelievable if it were Williams.
It is easy for people to kick a man when he is down.

:deadhorse -That is easy, try it when the horse is MAD!

playoff year please
05-15-2006, 12:09 PM
lol It's a minor hamstring injury. You act like Reggie just Ki-Jana Carter'd himself. Reggie's injury isn't even an issue, so get off your high horse.
I am just tired of people bashing this team down. I wanted Young over Bush and Bush over Williams, but Williams probably makes more football sense.

skillz24
05-15-2006, 12:22 PM
why the hell would you want young? sure he can scramble, but if you haven't forgotten atlanta has the best scrambler in the league and how many rings does he have? and bush, this kid is nothing, for the first eight weeks he draw some defensive attention, but once teams realize all he can do is return kicks and try to run down the sideline. he will be another failed college hero, because college and pros are a mile from one another. hell like at tom brady, he was a backup to brian greise, hmm we all know both of their stories a future hall of famer and a reject that jumps from team to team as a backup.

playoff year please
05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
why the hell would you want young? sure he can scramble, but if you haven't forgotten atlanta has the best scrambler in the league and how many rings does he have? and bush, this kid is nothing, for the first eight weeks he draw some defensive attention, but once teams realize all he can do is return kicks and try to run down the sideline. he will be another failed college hero, because college and pros are a mile from one another. hell like at tom brady, he was a backup to brian greise, hmm we all know both of their stories a future hall of famer and a reject that jumps from team to team as a backup.
but we got Williams, and I am cool with that. I am a Texans fan, so if Young or Bush goes big time and Williams doesn't, I wont be one of those people saying we should have or could have had someone else. Anything can happen with a draft pick. I am not here saying that the Bush injury is a big deal, and even if it was, I would not be thinking it would have happened to us if we picked him.

titan hater
05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
What is real interesting is he is practicing before he has a contract. That is generally a no-no. If he gets injured in this situation he is up the creek without a paddle. Tune in the for the next segment of "As the World Turns on Bush". In reality I hope things do turn out well for Bush and wish him the best of luck, its just he was not what we needed most. He has gone through a lot and I think he faces an uphill battle. He's had some unlucky moments of late.

Does Vince Young have a contract? He praticed... In fact I think almost all of the #1 picks are going to the 1st workout since they are nothing more then walk throughs...

TwinSisters
05-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Griese has a Super Bowl ring and a chart topping 39 on the wonderlic. A mere point behind Alex Smith.

That makes Griese better than Dan Marino could ever hope to be... if wonderlic and Super Bowl rings mean the most.

From last year:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2005/Wonderlic.htm#qb

gtexan02
05-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Wow, are you done? Please step down from your soap box now. He had a minor hamstring tweak. He MAY miss practice time. Getting all "I told you so!!" is ridiculous at this point in the game. Whats to say that would have happened if he had come here? Whats to say Williams wouldn't have had the exact same problem had he practiced in NO? Whats to say a minor hamstring tweak is EVEN WORTH TALKING ABOUT? Nothing. This has got to be one of the most argumenative posts I"ve seen yet.

playoff year please
05-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow, are you done? Please step down from your soap box now. He had a minor hamstring tweak. He MAY miss practice time. Getting all "I told you so!!" is ridiculous at this point in the game. Whats to say that would have happened if he had come here? Whats to say Williams wouldn't have had the exact same problem had he practiced in NO? Whats to say a minor hamstring tweak is EVEN WORTH TALKING ABOUT? Nothing. This has got to be one of the most argumenative posts I"ve seen yet.
I am looking for the Williams bashers and Bush lovers that would be ranting and raving if Williams was hurt.

baba ganoush
05-15-2006, 01:08 PM
I am just tired of people bashing this team down. I wanted Young over Bush and Bush over Williams, but Williams probably makes more football sense.

The player that would have made the most football sence would have been D'Brickashaw Ferguson...even though everybody either wanted Bush or Young...the reason Ferguson would have the best pick for us would be because you have a quarterbak in David Carr that hasnt had the time in the pocket to show you what he can really do, I think he's going to have a great year this year...You already have a 1,000 yard rusher in Domanick Davis who can run the ball for most of the season and we could have drafted a running back in later rounds or free agency or trade...I dont think we really needed Mario Williams because we signed Anthony Weaver and N.D. Kalu to help fill needs and depth on the defensive line...to me Ferguson would have been the smartest and safest choice and would eventually beome a domanint player in this league in the next few years.

texanfan2100
05-15-2006, 01:46 PM

This area is called a messageboard. It's generally where fans come to express their OPINIONS. I don't feel bad about thinking that the Texans took the wrong player, because 95% of the world thinks they should have taken Bush. I'm gonna be fair, though, and wait to pass final judgement. I'm certainly not gonna admit being wrong based on a tweaked hamstring.

By the way, saying the Texans picked the wrong player is not "bashing" them.

swtbound07
05-15-2006, 02:38 PM

As many as Peyton Manning and Dan Marino COMBINED. The ring arguement is stupid. Vick is a multi-probowl quarterback with one of the highest winning percentages as a starter since he was drafted and 2 successfull playoff runs (successfull being defined as more than 1 and done).

B.Diddy
05-15-2006, 03:06 PM
As many as Peyton Manning and Dan Marino COMBINED. The ring arguement is stupid. Vick is a multi-probowl quarterback with one of the highest winning percentages as a starter since he was drafted and 2 successfull playoff runs (successfull being defined as more than 1 and done).

You took the words out of my mouth

Bearfan Blue and Orange
05-15-2006, 03:23 PM
It is too early to worry about a hammy, besides it was a tweak not a tear or pull. he probably did not stretch enough and tried to go hard on it and tweaked it. not an issue, but I did think it was funny when the head coach said he has been riding in the limo too long, meaning he has been pampered long enough. now it is time to get ready.

I would not be surprised if NOLA mentions this during negotiations.

Also, I am kinda sick of Bush and his motion to get #5 to be worn. Did you hear that he published that if he got #5 granted, he would donate 25% of the proceeds to Katrina Help. you talk about placing the NFL in a corner publically. If they say no, the Public Relations impact on the NFL commissioner "not wanting to give to Katrina victims" would be hard. On the other hand if they do grant it, think of the impact on the players. Edgerin James asked the NFL for #5 when he came out of college as he wore that number all through high school and college and the NFL said "NO". This rule has been in effect for 30 years, why change it now for someone who has not even proven himself in the NFL? I say NO!!!

Imagine all the collectors that have collected Edge autographs and memorabilia now he changes his number to #5? I would be PPPPDDD off.

Rightnow
05-15-2006, 03:55 PM

You actually have a good point here. Odds are that Bush will be okay for training camp, but if this was Mario with the problem this place would be coming unglued.

A lot of people are bitter that we didn't take RB because of jersey sales, marketing and publicity for the team. Bush wasn't the best person for that, Vince was! If Bob McNair wanted to sell jersey's and have a larger portion of Texas paying attention to the Texans VY was the man. 250,000 UT graduates in Houston alone!

But since we weren't getting VY then Mario is the better pick IMO.

Nawzer
05-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Trust me if Mario Williams gets hurt and is unable to perform we'll be all over him. Right now it's too early and as a Texans fan I hope M.Williams lives up to the expectations placed on him or may the Lord have mercy on the Texans FO.