PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush tweek's hamstring in first rookie practice

arktexanfan
05-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Don't know if its posted yet or not but RB pulled his hammie and had to take a knee and miss the rest of practice today may get to practice tomorrow ??? anyone hear anything else ?? :chicken: :

wicked_wayz
05-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Don't know if its posted yet or not but RB pulled his hammie and had to take a knee and miss the rest of practice today may get to practice tomorrow ??? anyone hear anything else ?? :chicken: :

nope but damn imagine if he tore his hamstring wudn't that be funny

Speedy
05-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Did the Saints sign him?? He can't practice with the team unless he's signed, can he?

FILO_girl
05-13-2006, 10:31 PM

Link? I checked around, found nothing...:confused:

dat_boy_yec
05-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Did the Saints sign him?? He can't practice with the team unless he's signed, can he?

Not yet. This is the camp for rookies so I guess they don't need the contracts for this practice otherwise they couldn't have this camp at all. Well, he said it should be ok, so hopefully he will be ok.

aj.
05-13-2006, 10:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2444157

Voodoo **** over there.

dat_boy_yec
05-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Link? I checked around, found nothing...:confused:
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=2475

thunderkyss
05-13-2006, 10:42 PM

In no way would this ever be funny....... we should never hope any kid should get hurt playing this game, for our entertainment. Even if he does take a bad fall, and ruins his career, that would not justify our Mario pick.

The only thing that will justify a pass on Reggie Bush, is 2000 yards out of our running game, and 16 touchdowns. If we can't do that without Reggie, then there will be reason for the backbiters to argue their point. If we can accomplish those marks, then they shouldn't be able to show their face around here.

Mario could be a complete, and utter bust........ but if we get those numbers, passing on Reggie was still the right choice. Mario might not have been the right pick......

mexican_texan
05-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Nope, there is waaay too much money invested in this for that to be funny. It would be kind of Ironic, in an Alanis Morrisette kind of way.

In a related note, Reggie is going to wear five in practice, as Edgerrin James has done, but not on game days. I didn't think too highly of him off the field, not like Mario anyway, but he said that if he would donate something like 25% of his paycheck to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. A PR stunt or not, that is a very generous donation.

FILO_girl
05-13-2006, 10:52 PM
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=2475

Thanks!

wicked_wayz
05-13-2006, 11:07 PM
oh sori then didn't know people wud be offended by wat i sed....well ne ways i guess ur rite it wudn't be kul at all if the kidd got injured.....but yeah u guys shud watch the rugby league state of origin match coming up soon theres gona be a lot of concussions to go roun due to the rivalries and the hate that the two teams have against one another its gona be kul....it will at least help pass tyme by before the football starts

Hottoddie
05-13-2006, 11:08 PM
The only thing that will justify a pass on Reggie Bush, is 2000 yards out of our running game, and 16 touchdowns. If we can do that without Reggie, then there will be reason for the backbiters to argue their point. If we can accomplish those marks, then they shouldn't be able to show their face around here.

There is one other thing that will justify the pass on Reggie Bush, & that's Reggie being average against NFL competition & only playing part time.

Wicked_wayz,

I sure hope you meant funny, as in ironic, because I'd hate to see any player get a career ending/altering injury.

TexanFan881
05-13-2006, 11:17 PM
In no way would this ever be funny....... we should never hope any kid should get hurt playing this game, for our entertainment. Even if he does take a bad fall, and ruins his career, that would not justify our Mario pick.

The only thing that will justify a pass on Reggie Bush, is 2000 yards out of our running game, and 16 touchdowns. If we can do that without Reggie, then there will be reason for the backbiters to argue their point. If we can accomplish those marks, then they shouldn't be able to show their face around here.

Mario could be a complete, and utter bust........ but if we get those numbers, passing on Reggie was still the right choice. Mario might not have been the right pick......

How about if Mario gets 15 sacks in his first season and has a great career? I think that would justify our pick too.

tex
05-13-2006, 11:17 PM
What does it matter really,unless your a Saints fan?We should be concerned about our draft picks not the Saints.

cap1
05-13-2006, 11:23 PM
oh sori then didn't know people wud be offended by wat i sed....well ne ways i guess ur rite it wudn't be kul at all if the kidd got injured.....but yeah u guys shud watch the rugby league state of origin match coming up soon theres gona be a lot of concussions to go roun due to the rivalries and the hate that the two teams have against one another its gona be kul....it will at least help pass tyme by before the football starts

Translation someone? :ok:

wicked_wayz
05-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Translation someone? :ok:

i was juz talking bout rugby league, have u heard of it? it big in the u.s.

oops excuse me i meant that it ant big in u.s

Scooter
05-13-2006, 11:31 PM

IMO reggie has more pressure on him than mario. if we move up on overall defense, mario was a good pick. if our sacks & pressures are significantly better (not exactly a difficult task with our track record), mario was a good pick. if mario stands out as an individual, he was a good pick. ofcourse, having a functioning & effective offense without the best prospect ever wont hurt our cause. if our record is better than new orleans, we all get to point & laugh.

if reggie bush isnt "electric" and a "gamebreaker" and proving that he can carry the load as a feature back, he's going to catch 10 types of hell for it. if he's simply a complimentary player who does well, he wasnt worth the first overall to begin with. this is due to hype, a problem that mario has fortunately sidestepped. all mario has to do is help win games, where bush & young have to carry their respective teams.

TexanFan881

If you want to watch something to pass time in the offseason watch NASCAR. It's football with cars :redtowel:

thunderkyss
How about if Mario gets 15 sacks in his first season and has a great career? I think that would justify our pick too.

That would justify our pick, but not the pass.

We're saying we passed on Reggie, because we've got a run game..... That run game has to produce.

I'm not worried about it......
2003..........1651 yards...........14 TDs
2004..........1882 yards...........16 TDs
2005..........1816 yards............9 TDs

Scooter
05-13-2006, 11:33 PM

i think he wuz referring 2 da slang of da intern3t dat lookz like sumthin out of an AOL chatroom. 4 real dude, dis is a little hard 2 understand.

TexanFan881
05-13-2006, 11:36 PM
That would justify our pick, but not the pass.

We're saying we passed on Reggie, because we've got a run game..... That run game has to produce.

I'm not worried about it......
2003..........1651 yards...........14 TDs
2004..........1882 yards...........16 TDs
2005..........1816 yards............9 TDs

1800 rushing yards last year (15th in the league) and we went 2-14. This year I see us getting atleast 2000 with an improved O-line (Flanagan was a huge signing for us, he will make an impact on the O-line), and that should justify our pick just like you said. If we get Michael Bennett, I think we'll get even more yards considering DD has had a hard time staying healthy, and we got 1800 yards last year with him hurt for a little bit.

mexican_texan
05-13-2006, 11:36 PM
i think he wuz referring 2 da slang of da intern3t dat lookz like sumthin out of an AOL chatroom. 4 real dude, dis is a little hard 2 understand.
xD pwned. BRB, I'll TTYL. LOL.

people that talk like that should be shot....twice. :sarcastic

wicked_wayz
05-13-2006, 11:37 PM

ooooohhhhh ok my bad il type out the words in proper grammer next time (no wonder why people dont understand the things im saying lol)

mexican_texan
05-13-2006, 11:40 PM
ooooohhhhh ok my bad il type out the words in proper grammer, cause i confuse maself sometimes lol
Don't worry, cool people have bad grammar in the US.

Scooter
05-13-2006, 11:54 PM
ooooohhhhh ok my bad il type out the words in proper grammer next time (no wonder why people dont understand the things im saying lol)

dont think i'm trying to play grammar police, because i'm not like that. i just dont want to see your opinions be disregarded & ignored because of the slang. for being a football forum, this is actually a very articulate message board and the slang is going to do more harm than good around here.

juz lookin out 4 ya brutha, i want da rest of dem 2 feel what ur sayin. <3

by the way, i've never been able to understand rugby even though several frat brothers played it in college. it looked like a hellova lot of fun though.

mexican_texan
05-13-2006, 11:59 PM
dont think i'm trying to play grammar police, because i'm not like that. i just dont want to see your opinions be disregarded & ignored because of the slang. for being a football forum, this is actually a very articulate message board and the slang is going to do more harm than good around here.

juz lookin out 4 ya brutha, i want da rest of dem 2 feel what ur sayin. <3

by the way, i've never been able to understand rugby even though several frat brothers played it in college. it looked like a hellova lot of fun though.
Honestly, the only time I saw Rugby was in an episode of Friends...

TexanFan881
05-14-2006, 12:46 AM

I remember that, Ross got killed :)

Anyway, back to football...

texman8
05-14-2006, 12:54 AM

Hey.wicked your language ( slang) is getting tiresome. 99.8% of posters on this board try to speak to each other in a more intelligible form of the English language. :brickwall LOL, at least I try to correct my spelling errors.

OH, Rugby looks like a fun participatory sport.:redtowel:

ledzeppelin229
05-14-2006, 04:01 AM

First you bring up Alanis Morrisette, and then an episode of Friends. Football season can't get here fast enough....

mexican_texan
05-14-2006, 04:04 AM
First you bring up Alanis Morrisette, and then an episode of Friends. Football season can't get here fast enough....
I'll settle for the World Cup...but only three months left 'till the pre-season.

whiskeyrbl
05-14-2006, 05:31 AM
Nope, there is waaay too much money invested in this for that to be funny. It would be kind of Ironic, in an Alanis Morrisette kind of way.

In a related note, Reggie is going to wear five in practice, as Edgerrin James has done, but not on game days. I didn't think too highly of him off the field, not like Mario anyway, but he said that if he would donate something like 25% of his paycheck to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. A PR stunt or not, that is a very generous donation.

Thats 25% of his take of jersey sales,not his paycheck.

wicked_wayz
05-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Hey.wicked your language ( slang) is getting tiresome. 99.8% of posters on this board try to speak to each other in a more intelligible form of the English language. :brickwall LOL, at least I try to correct my spelling errors.

OH, Rugby looks like a fun participatory sport.:redtowel:

i appologized earlier on for goodness sake........rugby is a game of hard knocks. i urge you to watch the state of origin match this coming weeks, its awesome, you'll be amased at how many concussion there will be in this one game......

texman8
05-14-2006, 08:49 AM
i appologized earlier on for goodness sake........rugby is a game of hard knocks. i urge you to watch the state of origin match this coming weeks, its awesome, you'll be amased at how many concussion there will be in this one game......

Thanks,mate Is match going to be on TV? Or is it local?

wicked_wayz
05-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks,mate Is match going to be on TV? Or is it local?

i don't know how its gonna be view back there in the u.s but here in new zealand it comes on t.v on saturday nights, its a best of three series its gonna be awesome. i think it will be on cable or something but yeah if you didn't get the chance to watch the game i'll put up a link for you which will show the best hits and plays from the game.....(i'll guarantee you some one will leave the field on a stretcher although that ain't something to be amused of but things like this happens all the time).....

p.s a tip to all the people of the u.s if you ever want to watch a rugby league game, DON'T and i mean DON'T ever watch a rugby match from europe countries no offence to them but its boring and it's just not as aggressive as it is down in new zealand and austrailia....

Koolaid Time
05-14-2006, 09:33 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5554752

Other interesting quotes in the story:

METAIRIE, La. (AP) - The public wasn't invited, so curious Saints fans crouched down near the ground or balanced on their toes to peer through shrubs and a chain-link fence to get a first look at Reggie Bush wearing black and gold.

What they saw during Saturday's opening of Saints rookie camp might have inspired more thoughts of voodoo curses than gridiron glory. Bush started limping early in the first practice session and missed several drills while working with a trainer in an attempt to loosen up a strained hamstring before rejoining practice.
He tightened up again during the afternoon session and spent much of the time watching practice with one knee on the field. But coach Sean Payton hardly seemed worried.

"He's been sitting in a limousine too long," Payton quipped, referring to the star treatment Bush has received since turning pro and racking up endorsement deals. "He's fine. These guys all, in his case certainly, are coming from schedules that may not have allowed them to stay in the same shape that they normally would be in-season. He'll be fine."

Payton said coaches chose to rest Bush in the afternoon in the hopes he'd feel well enough to participate more on Sunday.

"It's all right. I just tweaked it a little bit," Bush said, adding that he intended to practice Sunday if the trainers approved. "As far as I'm concerned, I'm ready to go."

By the way, he hasn't signed a contract... To participate in "mini-camp" you don't have be under contract.

" I told my agent I want to be here in camp on time, whatever it takes," Bush said. "I don't want to get caught up in holdouts. I think it's important to start off on a good note, not only with the team but with the city. ... I know the Saints are more than happy to have me here and we're looking forward to working together and not working against each other."

:pigfly:

Ole Miss Texan
05-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Thats 25% of his take of jersey sales,not his paycheck.

I read that article earlier this morning so i don't remember much. I think RB said he would donate 25% of HIS take on jersey sales.

Any idea of a players %take of jersey sales? Do they vary depending on player/popularity? There will be a few RB jerseys sold I bet..lol so I'm sure whatever the take of his on it will make a lot of money, just curious. Shoot if he gets only 1% he'll still probably make a billion dollars off them!

Also, would this be 25% of his take of jersey sales for this year? I mean I'm sure his jerseys will be sold for years and years, so when will he write the check!? I know nobody knows though.