PDA

View Full Version : Is our new GM already in the building?

TommyS
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Mike Sherman, please stand up.

any takers?

Exascor
05-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I doubt it. No proof of course but I think he wants to coach again.

Kaiser Toro
05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Do not want to see that happen. He is more valuable on the field than in the FO.

Double Barrel
05-10-2006, 04:47 PM
I thought I had read that we would not longer have an official "GM" position within the organization? :um:

edo783
05-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Doubt that Sherm will be the GM. Most likely the guy from Atlanta or Denver.

4Texans
05-10-2006, 06:44 PM
I really think Sherman want's to be a head coach still. He does have some experience with being a GM in Green Bay, but I think he'll stick to coaching.

TexanFan881
05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I thought I had read that we would not longer have an official "GM" position within the organization? :um:

Ya I've heard talk about some triangle of 3 people to make the decisions or something like that.

Trap_Star
05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Doubt that Sherm will be the GM. Most likely the guy from Atlanta or Denver.

Isnt the guy from ATL gonna try to get the NFL Commisioner position.

Marcus
05-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Sherman will be a head coach next year, so enjoy him while he's here. When the next round of firings happens, they'll be looking for someone who has head coaching experience, and has a winning W-L percentage.

Well guess what? That someone actually exists. (The fact that Green Bay actually fired him still boggles my mind.:shocked )

And I'll be very, very, very surprised if McNair even wants to hire another GM. That puts too many decision making eggs in one basket, and as the saying goes . . the good ones are already taken.

TexansTrueFan
05-10-2006, 07:11 PM
ok so i guess the real question is do we want a new GM or just not have one in the organization, and have more than one person make valuble decesions ???

OzzO
05-10-2006, 08:55 PM
VP of player personell.... not GM.... though it souds more like a title thing.

One to say what he want - Kubiak
One to say how much - Ferens
One to do the research - yet to be named.
One to sign the check - McNair

Mr. White
05-10-2006, 09:06 PM
One to say what he want - Kubiak
One to say how much - Ferens
One to do the research - yet to be named.
One to sign the check - McNair

I've heard that McNair believes the commissioner's duties should be divided. Guess it makes sense that he would do that in his own team.

Kaiser Toro
05-11-2006, 08:58 AM
A lot depends on personalities, but why not Steve Mariucci or Butch Davis?

GP
05-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes, he's in the building.

And he has "Kubiak" on his office door.

IMO, this is the guy who becomes GM if we go 8-8 or better. If I were McNair, I wouldn't even flinch. Kubiak would be my guy, especially after the draft we just pulled off.

No need to muddy the water with a brash GM when we got one who will also be a HC for us, too.

Dolby
05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Didn't Dan Reeves name get thrown into the mix over the last couple days or was it a bad danish I ate for breakfast?

GP
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Didn't Dan Reeves name get thrown into the mix over the last couple days or was it a bad danish I ate for breakfast?

It was speculated back in the latter part of the season, but I am fairly sure that he has publicly denied (as has the Texans front office/McNair himself) that he doesn't want the job/isn't even considered for it.

He consulted, and in my opinion was asked to be a short-term consultant so that the fan base would see that a major move was coming (the big shakeup that we're saw with Kubiak as HC, and now with CC leaving). Nothing sends a better signal that changes are a'comin than when you bring in a former NFL guy to "consult" and "observe" when it's the GM's job to player evaluate, etc.

I predicted from the auditions of Idol that Taylor Hicks will win...and I'm looking pretty smart on that one...and I just think Kubiak will eventually get the HC and the GM job all in one.