PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the biggest chip on thier shoulders?

Daonly
05-09-2006, 01:37 AM
Come Next Season? I really do believe it will be Domanick Davis. All of the Reggie Bush Hype,and the dissapointment of the Texan Fans on the Team for passing on Reggie Bush; I think he has something to prove.:fortune:

BradK10
05-09-2006, 02:05 AM
It better be David Carr

ledzeppelin229
05-09-2006, 02:27 AM
Carr is a good choice but I was also hoping to see Philip Buchanon on the list. As much as people dog Carr, no ones ever accused him of wimping out on a play. P-Burnt needs to prove to the fans that not only he has the talent but that he also has the drive to go 100% on every play.

WiiBrawler
05-09-2006, 06:27 AM
David Carr because even your average fan knows he sucks

tex
05-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I think Mario because he already said he would be playing with a chip on his shoulder because no one thought he was a #1 pick.

Stampede
05-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Assuming "Chip on shoulder" means playing with a lot of intensity, I chose Mario because
1. I think that Mario will be in the best position to do so. He will see a lot of action and the coaches are going to pin his ears back.
2. I think RB is going to get the Chip knocked out of him.
3. VY may not play very much in the beggining + he will have a lot more to think about as a first year QB in a new offense.
4.DD has already proven himself to be a reliable back. I think he will focus more on trying to stay healthy.
5. David Carr must be giddy about all the offseason aquisitions.

4Texans
05-09-2006, 07:49 AM
For the Texans sake, it better be David Carr. He's the one that really needs to shine.

beerlover
05-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Vince Young who has the highest ceiling & everyone knows how he can & will affect a game especially in the underdog role :hunter:

TexanFan881
05-09-2006, 08:59 AM
I think that Mario Williams has to have the biggest chip on his shoulder as he was an unexpected number one overall pick which a lot of houston fans didn't like. He has a lot to prove to be worthy of that number one selection. David Carr also has to step it up as we have got all of the weapons he needs around him.

mexican_texan
05-09-2006, 10:32 AM
The guy with the biggest chip on his shoulder would be Eric Winston because of his slide. Also, he doesn't like it when people call him T-Rex. He and Jonas Seawright will eat you if you do. :stirpot:

Kaiser Toro
05-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Why should Carr have a chip on his shoulder? Everything has been handed to him. If anything the rest of the team should have a chip on its shoulder.

powerfuldragon
05-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Mario got booed when he was announced as the #1 overall. After being disrespected by practically the entire nation, if he doesn't play with fifteen chips on his shoulders, i'll lose faith in humanity.

FILO_girl
05-09-2006, 01:10 PM
It had better be the entire cast that is dressed like Texans players, IMO. After coming off last season's showing, there better be fire in the bellies of ALL these men.

Who has the most to prove is Carr. I can see why y'all would chose Mario (I feel for the kid, what a way to be welcomed. Some of our fanbase are a bunch of :loser ). But he only has to overcome this year's hype....David has a few more years of 'stuff' to overcome. He bears the biggest chip.

whiskeyrbl
05-09-2006, 01:18 PM
I chose Mario because all the national talking heads say there is no way he was worthy of the #1 pick. And now all the cute commercials(gallery furn.,auto ins. dis.). I hope he is possessed at the start of the season!

Ibar_Harry
05-09-2006, 02:34 PM
I chose Mario because all the national talking heads say there is no way he was worthy of the #1 pick. And now all the cute commercials(gallery furn.,auto ins. dis.). I hope he is possessed at the start of the season!

Try throughout the season.....................

whiskeyrbl
05-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Try throughout the season.....................

I want him to be all season. I just want him to make an immediate impact on the first pass play of the season. Maybe put McNabb and Manning on the shelf for a few weeks.And definitley the immobile Bledsoe.:drool:

Ibar_Harry
05-09-2006, 02:42 PM
I want him to be all season. I just want him to make an immediate impact on the first pass play of the season. Maybe put McNabb and Manning on the shelf for a few weeks.And definitley the immobile Bledsoe.:drool:

Perhaps we should do as the plains indians and give him a coup stick and let him count coup. Could you see Payton right now going oh sh....., kaboom...
Ah, yes, one for the Texans.................................

Texas
05-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Young I beleive will be the most upset because even when they said there is no chance were picking him he was still optimistic about it!

ThaShark316
05-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Take Dominick off that list.

And it's either Carr or Williams.

TexanFan881
05-09-2006, 03:58 PM
If Carr has the biggest chip on his shoulder I don't think it's because of all the VY hype, but because we used our 1st overall pick on him in 2002 and we have surrounded him with talent this year.

Trap_Star
05-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Eric Winston should be added to that list. He will be our first pro-bowl o-lineman.:twocents:

Tha_Tinman
05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I agree with the "It better be David Carr" statement, but I just don't see this guy getting it done.

I'd say Mario, but I just see him being deemed a loser ...no matter how good he does.

I just think that out of all the choices, Vince has the best opportunity to overachieve.

The name not on the list (and I haven't read all of the posts) but Lendale White is not only gonna have a chip on his shoulder ...but he's my early vote for Rookie of The Year ...MARK THIS POST ...THATZ RIGHT I SAID IT~

CoachJim
05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I voted VY for when he comes to Reliant ... By Dec. 10th he should be starting IMO. I dunno how his game will translate to the NFL exactly but I believe he will give our D fits if we don't come together pretty quick. That said, I hope Carr KEEPS a chip for the next oh say, 10-12 years.

Double Barrel
05-09-2006, 10:56 PM
I think it's Young. With the chip he showed after winning the national championship ("who's the Heisman now?!"), he'll definitely have an attitude about his hometown team passing him over.

Dude is a great player, but I think his ego is the size of Texas. Otherwise, why would he have agreed to that little press conference stop in Houston with ol' Bud "Rathead" Adams right after the draft? idonno:

Glacier
05-10-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't want a QB with a chipped shoulder...it could impair his throwing motion. :bananasplit: :bananasplit: :bananasplit:

Glacier
05-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Otherwise, why would he have agreed to that little press conference stop in Houston with ol' Bud "Rathead" Adams right after the draft? idonno:

Perhaps cause he was a Houston High School Football Legend? Maybe because he is the best College player Houston has ever put out? Perhaps because he has a Houston fan base? (cough and now Austin)

Bud Adams might as well move the Titans back to Texas. The San Antonio Titans would be cool. :)

Double Barrel
05-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Perhaps cause he was a Houston High School Football Legend? Maybe because he is the best College player Houston has ever put out? Perhaps because he has a Houston fan base? (cough and now Austin)

He's in the pros now. So why would he dwell on his past achievements? Oh yeah, that ego thing. :ok:

I'm sure Titan fans in Tennesse love the fact he had to stop and gloat in Houston first. That's the classy thing to do....riiiiiiiiight.

TexanFan881
05-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Ya it seems like Vince Young might have some kind of attitude problem, and he isn't acting very mature if that's the right way to say it. Is he mad at Houston because we already have a QB? I bet you David wants to beat Vince almost as much as Vince want to beat us. But that's defainitely just a thought.

Kaiser Toro
05-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Ya it seems like Vince Young might have some kind of attitude problem, and he isn't acting very mature if that's the right way to say it. Is he mad at Houston because we already have a QB? I bet you David wants to beat Vince almost as much as Vince want to beat us. But that's defainitely just a thought.

I want to kick the snot out of the Titans, but I cannot help to think that they have the guy that gives me confidence to win the battle at that position even in year one.

Double Barrel
05-10-2006, 12:17 PM
I want to kick the snot out of the Titans, but I cannot help to think that they have the guy that gives me confidence to win the battle at that position even in year one.

yep, he is one of several players in this year's draft that I think will make huge impacts in the NFL. His upside potential is scary....and he knows it, too. :superman:

Hulk75
05-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Mario Williams........I would be a little ticked if I were him.

Hulk75
05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I don't want a QB with a chipped shoulder...it could impair his throwing motion. :bananasplit: :bananasplit: :bananasplit:
lol: Dry humor, I like it.

mexican_texan
05-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Don't worry, Chester Pitts will eat it in the huddle.