PDA

View Full Version : Texans have reached a contract extension with Zach Wiegert

Texans34Life
05-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Texans | Team announces contract extension with Wiegert
Mon, 8 May 2006 17:07:20 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have reached a contract extension with OG Zach Wiegert. Terms of the deal were undisclosed.

:confused: :hairpull:

Does Kubes think he still has something in him?

TexansR#1
05-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Also, Houston re-signed offensive lineman Zach Wiegert.

Wiegert started five games at right guard and seven games at right tackle last season. The 6-foot-5, 296-pounder missed four games with an ankle injury. He has started 128 games in 11 NFL seasons and has been with the Texans since 2003.

Terms of the deals were not released.

^ Wow ... thought this guy was getting a little old. Played good at Rt when Wade went down ... always seems like this guy is injured though, Kubiac must think he'll do good in the new zblocking. Also I'm curious to see how much his new contract is worth. See how much it will affect our Cap.:shots:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9426439

TexansR#1
05-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Sorry man ... u beet me to it by 3 minutes haha... ohh well hopefully they combine mine into ures since u beet me.:whip:

texman8
05-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Just speculating... they gave Weigert a similar deal as McKinney....Some guaranteed money with minimum base salaries...say 1 million a year. lower our cap hit to enable us to cut Weigert if needed.

HJam72
05-08-2006, 11:53 PM
I hope it's not too long of a contract. This kind of surprises me.

WILLIEG
05-09-2006, 12:07 AM
There is going to be a lot of cuts that are going to surprise some people on that offensive line this year. Just wait and see. Has anyone noticed the O-linemen thta are being brought in are in that 6 "4" to 6 "5" range in height and around 300 lbs. Prototypical zone blocking players. I will say one thing about GK decision in saying that he could see spencer playing that LT position because someone pit a link on some games that kid played in and boy he could block and he already knows how to CUT BLOCK VERY WELL!