PDA

View Full Version : Texan Jerseys

baba ganoush
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
To be honest with you i have never liked the texan jerseys...i thinkwe should change them to look like a mix between the arizona cardinals and the vikings new jerseys...i think when we go with the battle red days we should have pants that are red...tell me what you think

powerfuldragon
05-08-2006, 09:45 PM
i don't know about red pants. i like the texans uniforms.

Trap_Star
05-08-2006, 10:31 PM
I would'nt mind getting black incorporated into our color scheme...:ok:

MorKnolle
05-08-2006, 10:34 PM
To be honest with you i have never liked the texan jerseys...i thinkwe should change them to look like a mix between the arizona cardinals and the vikings new jerseys...i think when we go with the battle red days we should have pants that are red...tell me what you think

I don't really like red pants with a red jersey, I think there needs to be a difference of colors in there, maybe mix the red and blue together though (red pants and blue jersey or vice versa).

05-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Ahhh... our uniforms are just fine... they're the perfect blend of modern and classic. WE'VE ONLY BEEN AROUND FOUR YEARS!

I will be very resolute when I say I don't ever want these uniforms changed.

mexican_texan
05-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Leave Battle Red Days alone. The best games usually come on Battle Red Day.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/images/teams/texans.jpg

Trap_Star
05-08-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't really like red pants with a red jersey, I think there needs to be a difference of colors in there, maybe mix the red and blue together though (red pants and blue jersey or vice versa).

Ditto. Chester Pitts might get mistaken for the Kool-Aid man...:rolleyes:

LoneStarState
05-08-2006, 10:40 PM
The Texans uniforms are classic and should leave them as they are. We don't need a mixture of NASCAR/Arena League/Roller Derby uniforms...

thunderkyss
05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh.... now that's funny......... OOOOOOOOOOH Yeaaaaaaaaahhhh.

I think we should get rid of the blue, and replace it with the battle read jerseys..

Other than the Blue, I like the Texans' Uniform.....

I really didn't think I was going to like the name...... especially with the Logo, which I really like........... we need a Texans logo smiley.......

But the name has grown on me, and now, it's the only thing that really makes sense.

:mario: :bowser: :fortune:

Ole Miss Texan
05-08-2006, 10:51 PM
I like the uniforms a lot, love the helmets and the logo. They're simple. Classy too, like our organization.

thetexanator
05-09-2006, 01:39 AM
i dont like the unis too much either. to be honest, im more into the college look, something flashier.

thetexanator
05-09-2006, 01:40 AM
forgot to mention, keep the helmets though, really like them alot. seems like the unis arent up to par with the hemets

Texans_Chick
05-09-2006, 09:29 AM

OK. That is funny. Just to get the visual.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Kool-AidMan.jpg

All red unis would be silly.

HJam72
05-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Think about the big stripe on the side of the Broncos unis. Now put a red one like (theirs are orange) that on the side of our uniforms, which would be solid blue at home and solid white on the road. That's what I'd like.

The truth is though that the uniforms will never please everyone unless they become classic too us and begin to really mean something from not having changed for a very long time. It's probably best to just leave them alone.

Koolaid Time
05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
OK. That is funny. Just to get the visual.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Kool-AidMan.jpg

All red unis would be silly.

I most certainly agree!

Mr. White
05-09-2006, 11:01 AM
If it ain't broke.....

Hulk75
05-09-2006, 11:14 AM
I have been saying that for a month now, they could be really sweet, like the Falcons and such. instead of the black it could be blue.

Kaiser Toro
05-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Once the prodcut gets better the uniforms will not matter. There should be no discussion regarding uniforms on the filed unless we are talking about Toro's angels.

El Tejano
05-09-2006, 11:32 AM
I like the way things are but just for fun I would like to see us go with Red Jerseys, Blue pants and what the heck, bring back the original never played with White Helmet that had the Deep Steel Blue Face Mask.

chuckm
05-09-2006, 11:34 AM
maybe a fan poll week or something ...... let the fans vote on jersey color, pants color, sock color, face mask color, ..... wait for it ........

Double Barrel
05-09-2006, 11:56 AM
I dig the current unis. Arena league jerseys are too gaudy. Ours has a look of class that mixes old school with new.

Exascor
05-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I dig the current unis. Arena league jerseys are too gaudy. Ours has a look of class that mixes old school with new.Before they displayed the uniforms I feared a pajama look like the last Rockets uniforms. The current look is clean and classic.

Also...keep red for special occasions.

nflnutswife
05-09-2006, 12:02 PM
If it ain't broke.....

Dont need fixin! :redtowel:

vtech9
05-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I would still like to see blue pants with the red jerseys, but keep the white pants with the blue jerseys.

TexanSam
05-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Don't we wear the red jersey's more often than the blue ones? Apparently, having the away team wear the darker uniform at Reliant and the Texans wearing white gave us an advantage. That never seemed to work out.

Personally, I like the uniforms. At least nobody has said that the Texans unis should be like the Bengals. Those things are UGLY. Our's are just fine. Plus, I don't want to spend money on another jersey.

fastpitchwoof
05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
I like everything except the white pants. I just don't like white pants on MOST uniforms.

Sportsfan
05-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Agreed. Time for a whole uniform and logo revamp. I like the design of the Falcons jersey as someone posted and the bull logo needs to be changed IMO. Its ok but looks a little cartoonish, maybe something a little meaner looking.

nflnutswife
05-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Agreed. Time for a whole uniform and logo revamp. I like the design of the Falcons jersey as someone posted and the bull logo needs to be changed IMO. Its ok but looks a little cartoonish, maybe something a little meaner looking.

Change the logo? Are you kidding me?????????:eek: It hurt like you know what getting it, and you want me to get it CHANGED?

No WAYYYYY:chicken:

kcwilson
05-10-2006, 04:58 PM
The uni's need curved lines that complement the curvature in our Texans logo...similar to the The U's green jerseys (See HJam72's avatar of Winston). As far as battle red goes, I wouldn't mind seeing Mario in the all reds again if we brought in the white helment with Texans logo.

Current uni's are classic style but I find the blue helmet, white jersey, blue pants somewhat monotonous. Wouldn't mind mixing in the white helment a bit more to emphasize the colorful jersey colors.

Exascor
05-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Wouldn't mind mixing in the white helment a bit more to emphasize the colorful jersey colors.Unless I'm mistaken, you can't change the helmets to anything else during the season unless you are wearing a full retro uniform. So....that would mean wearing the white helmet all the time. Ick. Wait. I'm not sure that came out right. Ick.

Even if they decided to use red as the primary color instead of blue, I'd prefer red over white for the helmet. Just my opinion.

Zo Mourning
05-10-2006, 05:17 PM
They should try to bring back the old oiler unforms.

Blu
05-10-2006, 05:33 PM
They should try to bring back the old oiler unforms.
"Dud" would have a hissyfit!
:hunter: :chicken:

TexansLucky13
05-10-2006, 05:46 PM

I don't see why. Did you see the other concepts for the logo that were drafted up when the Texans were being created? They were terrible! Whoever made our logo did an excellent job and I think it makes us completely unique.

dm77713
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I like the current uniforms, and I think we could do some things to give it a little more edge, but they still work.

PS: The uniforms should look more like the Bengals' (just kidding)

PapaL
05-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Someone else, HardCoreTxn (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showpost.php?p=315463&postcount=29), posted this in another thread about uniforms, http://athlanticdesign.altervista.org/layout_texans.htm. I like these. Mix our current uniforms with a little more current sytle.

True Texan
05-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey how bout jerseys similar to the ones they use for practice. The ones with blue on the shoulders and white on the bottom half. Has anyone seen those? those are pretty neat..

mexican_texan
05-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey how bout jerseys similar to the ones they use for practice. The ones with blue on the shoulders and white on the bottom half. Has anyone seen those? those are pretty neat..
http://www.houstontexans.com/news_images/players/wong/wong_camp081605.jpg

Yeah, I like those...

Trap_Star
05-10-2006, 08:35 PM

Yeah, I like those...

I dunno...kind of remind me of the Titans jersey. Different colors of course.

Sportsfan
05-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Did you see the other concepts for the logo that were drafted up when the Texans were being created? They were terrible!

No i did not, and i'm not suggesting they use one of those that were 'terrible' as you say. Something new and fresh. The bull concept is cool, just make it a little meaner looking is all i'm saying. Its just my opinion anyway so chill.

baba ganoush
05-10-2006, 10:13 PM

Yeah, I like those...

Yeah these jerseys would be great for away games and then for home games you change the white to blue and the blue to red and on battle red day you change the white to red and leave the rest the same...i do have to say i really like the logo because its original and it represents the great state of texas!!!!!

12Gage
05-10-2006, 10:13 PM
The Vikings and the Falcons jersey's are terrible. Ya'll have bad taste. Those look like Arena league Jerseys. I prefer a more classy look.

TexansLucky13
05-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Its just my opinion anyway so chill.

Haha, sorry if I sounded like I was rawled up... I wasn't. I just love Toro, thats all.

Hulk75
05-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Change the logo? Are you kidding me?????????:eek: It hurt like you know what getting it, and you want me to get it CHANGED?

No WAYYYYY:chicken:
No the LOGO is tight, I was just saying our jerseys need a little more, not Arena football stuff, just not so plain looking.

TexanFan881
05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
The Texans uniforms are classic and should leave them as they are. We don't need a mixture of NASCAR/Arena League/Roller Derby uniforms...

That would be awesome! :jk:

Shaunny66
05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
I think the houston texans uniforms is perfect. Dont ditch the texans ***.:hunter:

Trap_Star
05-11-2006, 09:32 PM
The uni's need curved lines that complement the curvature in our Texans logo...similar to the The U's green jerseys (See HJam72's avatar of Winston). As far as battle red goes, I wouldn't mind seeing Mario in the all reds again if we brought in the white helment with Texans logo.

Current uni's are classic style but I find the blue helmet, white jersey, blue pants somewhat monotonous. Wouldn't mind mixing in the white helment a bit more to emphasize the colorful jersey colors.

http://www.collegemallz.com/images/ajerseys_files/FF125614-s.jpg

That would not be too bad. I suck at Photoshop, so just imagine the jersey with our colors and font.:cool:

thetexanator
05-11-2006, 10:41 PM
what if........................... we petition the league and go back to the old oilers colors adn logo. if i had a choice id pick the old ones over these.

Hulk75
05-11-2006, 11:42 PM
http://www.collegemallz.com/images/ajerseys_files/FF125614-s.jpg

That would not be too bad. I suck at Photoshop, so just imagine the jersey with our colors and font.:cool:
Yea.............:cool:

texman8
05-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Uncle Bud holds the rights to Oilers colors and logo.