PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Report, Volume 1, Number 1

Nighthawk
05-08-2006, 08:09 PM
In memory of those of us who believed that VY should have been the Texans' first pick, I begin publication of The Vince Young Report.

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Mario over Bush pick, I continue to think that in 3 years Young will be the talk of the league. All evidence coming out of Nashville is that the Flaming Thumbtacks are _VERY_ pleased with the acquisition, and expect VY to play sooner rather than later, something that some of us said over and over in the dry spell between the Rose Bowl and the draft.

The sense I get from the Titans' board is that VY looks like a "natural."

Amazing, huh? Who would have thought it?

swtbound07
05-08-2006, 08:11 PM
we did friend, we did.

Mario Williams
05-08-2006, 08:13 PM
In memory of those of us who believed that VY should have been the Texans' first pick, I begin publication of The Vince Young Report.

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Mario over Bush pick, I continue to think that in 3 years Young will be the talk of the league. All evidence coming out of Nashville is that the Flaming Thumbtacks are _VERY_ pleased with the acquisition, and expect VY to play sooner rather than later, something that some of us said over and over in the dry spell between the Rose Bowl and the draft.

You're pathetic Nighthawk, you wanted basically anybody but Bush at the #1 spot just to spite the Bush fans and because you couldn't get Vince. Lamer.

Hookem Horns
05-08-2006, 08:13 PM
First off you should post this in the NFL general section.

It is sickening seeing all the people from Texas now supporting the Titans. Their board has been bombarded with new members from Texas. I stand by thoughts that the Texans will regret not taking Vince. Now I can only hope that I was wrong and he busts out in the NFL.

swtbound07
05-08-2006, 08:14 PM
You're pathetic Nighthawk, you wanted basically anybody but Bush at the #1 spot just to spite the Bush fans and because you couldn't get Vince. Lamer.

I cant speak for him... I wanted vince 1, Anybody but Bush at 1a. Not to spite the bush fans, but because Reggie is going to be a colossal failure in my opinion. Bush fans should feel spited. I hear new orleans is looking for fans.

aj.
05-08-2006, 08:17 PM
It is sickening seeing all the people from Texas now supporting the Titans. Their board has been bombarded with new members from Texas. .

We lost fans? I didn't even notice. Probably all those hard to find season ticket holders who cancelled their season tix.

mexican_texan
05-08-2006, 08:22 PM
We lost fans? I didn't even notice. Probably all those hard to find season ticket holders who cancelled their season tix.
We didn't lose fans, we lost "occasional supporters"

powerfuldragon
05-08-2006, 08:26 PM

or bandwagon jumpers.

dat_boy_yec
05-08-2006, 09:06 PM

It is sickening seeing all the people from Texas now supporting the Titans. Their board has been bombarded with new members from Texas. I stand by thoughts that the Texans will regret not taking Vince. Now I can only hope that I was wrong and he busts out in the NFL.

I hate the fact that they can go over to enemy territory so easily. I wouldn't mind had it been any other team, but there is no way in hell I will ever, and I mean ever wear much less buy a Titans jersey or support their team. Now that Young is on their team it's tragic, but he's dead to me. Until he leaves that team. We have a history here and what the Titans did to us is a dark time in our history. Those going over to the Titan boards showing them support aren't real Texans.

Hookem Horns
05-08-2006, 09:57 PM

I doubt the Texans lost many diehards or season ticket holders however what you predicted in your Voice of the Fan a few months ago seems to be coming true. I am referring to the part about what would happen if the Texans passed on Vince and the Titans grabbed him. Things sure look like they are heading in that direction. It's a nightmare scenario that many of us foresaw. The only thing that will curtail it is if Vince is a bust and the Texans start winning. Let us pray.

thunderkyss
05-08-2006, 10:12 PM

Since you don't frequent the enemies' board, FYI, your avatar got an honorable mention on at the gotitans.com forum.

I'll never root for the Titans....... not being in our division...... oddly enough, I'll be rooting for Vince to do his part. Just because I like the kid, and I think he's going to prove a lot of people wrong.

I personally wanted anyone but Reggie with the first pick.... I ain't scurred to say it. All you "Bush Bowl" cheering......... hoping we loose out at the end of the year, can bite me......

I've always thought if we are going to waste(I said it, waste) a pick on a running back, when that was the strongest part of our team... We might as well waste it on a quarterback.

But I've recently registered at gotitans.com, jaguars.com/mb/, and Colts.com... I want to hear(read) what our enemies have to say. Overall, Jags & Colts fans understand exactly what we did..... Titan's and Saints(I've been on their forum since Joe Horn went to the ProBowl) don't get it...... but judging by their draft picks, I think that's understandable.

I think the Titans did great getting Vince... they need him. But Lendale White?? don't they have Travis Henry & Chris Brown?? They should've got them some help on that OLine..... Winston Justice, Eric Winston...... there was plenty of talent still on the board.

The Saints...... what a joke...... Reggie Bush...$9 million, Duece McAllister..... $7 million, Michael Bennett..... $2 million, Every body knowing N.O. is going to run the ball.............. priceless.

whiskeyrbl
05-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I hate the fact that they can go over to enemy territory so easily. I wouldn't mind had it been any other team, but there is no way in hell I will ever, and I mean ever wear much less buy a Titans jersey or support their team. Now that Young is on their team it's tragic, but he's dead to me. Until he leaves that team. We have a history here and what the Titans did to us is a dark time in our history. Those going over to the Titan boards showing them support aren't real Texans.

I think VY going to the Titans is the best thing to happen for us,especially after he went and run at the mouth about coming back here and beating up on those Texans. Hey bring it on baby!! This is what should have been anyway. That ol' lard ass Bud Adams and his powderblue boys ought to be our arch enemy. All VY did was pour gas on a fire that has been smoldering for 4 years. Outside of the Dallas Convicts i cannot think of a team I hate more.(maybe the steelers). So let the rivalry rear it's head and lets make Vy EAT HIS WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!:whip:

Double Barrel
05-08-2006, 10:50 PM
I can't wait for the Vince Young Report, Volume 1, Number 2: VINCE MEETS MARIO

:popcorn:

Mr. White
05-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I doubt the Texans lost many diehards or season ticket holders however what you predicted in your Voice of the Fan a few months ago seems to be coming true. I am referring to the part about what would happen if the Texans passed on Vince and the Titans grabbed him. Things sure look like they are heading in that direction. It's a nightmare scenario that many of us foresaw. The only thing that will curtail it is if Vince is a bust and the Texans start winning. Let us pray.

The pilgrimage that you speak of seems to be my fair-weathered compadres of the burnt orange persuasion. I checked in on the Titans board a couple of times and that's the impression I got. They probably went over from Hornfans. University Co-op (the place around town to get Longhorn Gear) is even selling VY Titans jerseys on its website now.

I don't think the Texans lost many fans over this draft, though. McClain said on 610 that not even 10 people cancelled season tickets.

WILLIEG
05-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know how much Vince signed for and for how longn his contract is?

Yvette
05-08-2006, 11:22 PM
His contract hasn't been negotiated yet.

thunderkyss
05-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Does anyone know how much Vince signed for and for how longn his contract is?

Far as I know, it's not done yet, not talked about....... won't be, until they straighten out that mess with McNair's contract.

Hookem Horns
05-08-2006, 11:28 PM
McClain said on 610 that not even 10 people cancelled season tickets.

Wow, I find that hard to believe. Not because of the whole Bush/Young thing either. After a 2-14 season and the amount of no shows last season I would have thought quite a few would have opted out. Honestly, I thought I was going to be one of those due to all the money I lost last year. I live in Austin and can't make every game. I couldn't even give away tickets last year not even literally in the parking lot. I guess most ended up like me, sucked it up and antied back up. Though I did sell 2 of my tickets this offseaon so I won't have to deal with it again during next season.

HJam72
05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say that Mario will be good and maybe very good this year, but not great yet, Bush will be great until he gets injured some time late next year, and Young won't even play much for a while at a all, except preseason of course. It's not going to be easy to see who was the best choice, especially if Carr comes around or we get a better QB some time in the future.

TwinSisters
05-08-2006, 11:34 PM

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Mario over Bush pick, I continue to think that in 3 years Young will be the talk of the league.

Glad you took up this unsavory task... I thought I was going to have to do it, but now I don't.

Did you see him on the highlight reel on NFL.com? Fisher ain't done nothing but talk him up... and now I am getting the feeling that maybe McNair is getting stingy to not only help himself get closer to a Super Bowl, but to also clear the path for an early Vince launch.

I will be really surprised if the Titans give in to temptation and play him more then a few snaps in garbage time this upcoming season.

So what I am getting at is that we most likely will already know how Bush/D'brickshaw/Mario are panning out before Vince takes the stage in earnest.

I can envision our second franchise making moment in 2007, if Mario sacks Young in Reliant Stadium. The house is going to erupt. I even wager that the noise would cause the sliding roof to get stuck for a week. It will go down in history like Miller scoring on Dallas.
----

That being said... I have to share a little dream I had a few months ago. I passed out from exhaustion that day, so in the dream everything was really vivid and in colour. I remember being really thirsty and starting to look for something to drink in a forest. There I got lost... and found by three black bears and they were hungry. Before long I was tree-ed and the bears making their way up the trunk to make me their lunch. I figured I could lick one bear, but three was a stretch. My odds of survival were slim.

Then out of nowhere Vince Young shows up and saves me!

Out of all of the people that could have showed up from my imagination, Vince Young was the one that did. It could have been Thor, Superman, Roosevelt, the Bum, Richard the Lionheart, Yi Sun-sin, or even Joan of Arc... but it wasn't... it was Vince Young.

The kid that can even tip the field in a forest of dreams.

whiskeyrbl
05-08-2006, 11:36 PM
December 10,2006...12:00 :wherewill

HJam72
05-08-2006, 11:42 PM
That's funny. In my dreams I get saved by Denise Richards in loungerie. :rolleyes:

Yvette
05-08-2006, 11:42 PM
I'll be in your stadium, waiting to see VY play because you know Bud will make it happen :hides:

TexansLucky13
05-09-2006, 12:12 AM
That's funny. In my dreams I get saved by Denise Richards in loungerie. :rolleyes:

I dream of the same thing, bro!

Not to spite the bush fans, but because Reggie is going to be a colossal failure in my opinion.

You = VY :homer:

How could you say something like that and not expect to "spite" Bush fans? I have said it before and I will say it again.... the only way Bush will be a "bust" is if he "busts" his leg into three pieces in a motorcycle accident. Thank God that Mathis didn't have that fate.... that would have been terrible!

TwinSisters
05-09-2006, 02:41 AM

You must not of seen the things Charlie said he did with her... eEiish-ck.
*shudder*

damaged.

Mr. White
05-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Wow, I find that hard to believe. Not because of the whole Bush/Young thing either. After a 2-14 season and the amount of no shows last season I would have thought quite a few would have opted out. Honestly, I thought I was going to be one of those due to all the money I lost last year. I live in Austin and can't make every game. I couldn't even give away tickets last year not even literally in the parking lot. I guess most ended up like me, sucked it up and antied back up. Though I did sell 2 of my tickets this offseaon so I won't have to deal with it again during next season.

He did say lots of people didn't renew because of a 2-14 record. As far as people cancelling season tickets because of the draft...didn't really happen.

Hookem Horns
05-09-2006, 10:16 AM
He did say lots of people didn't renew because of a 2-14 record. As far as people cancelling season tickets because of the draft...didn't really happen.

OK, that makes more sense. I thought you were saying that less than 10 cancelled period.

Double Barrel
05-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Wow, I find that hard to believe. Not because of the whole Bush/Young thing either. After a 2-14 season and the amount of no shows last season I would have thought quite a few would have opted out.

Texans season ticket agents have said several times that the renewal rates have been aroud 95%.

Not too bad after a 2-14 season, 'eh?

Hookem Horns
05-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Texans season ticket agents have said several times that the renewal rates have been aroud 95%.

Not too bad after a 2-14 season, 'eh?

True, so what you are saying is that we have a 5% drop out rate. Not sure how many season ticket holders there are but I assume there are more than 200 (5% of 200 is 10). I was replying to what I thought JM had said that the Texans didn't lose more than 10 season ticket holders. However Battle Red cleared it up. JM was referring to no more than 10 known people dropped out due to the draft.

So basically if there are 60,000 season ticket holders than we lose an average of 3000 a year which makes sense. This isn't a bad number for a team located in the South. Many franchises located in the North have lifetime waiting lists like the Packers, Giants, and Redskins. In many cases someone has to die before you can get a season ticket. (I posted a theory to why this is in another thread a while back, Northern teams vs Southern teams that is)

Double Barrel
05-09-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah, I figure a team without a winning season in it's history is doing pretty good with that kind of renewal rate.

I'd expect the number to be closer to 100% once we start winning more games than we lose. :thumbup

Bamaborn-Texasbred
05-09-2006, 01:00 PM

I don't want anyone to be a fan of my team that can jump ship that easily.

If they like Vince that much, fine. It is going to be awful expensive for them to see the Titans in person and on television as much as I see my beloved Texans.

Besides, I never lost anything in Tennessee that I couldn't live without. That includes Bud Adams.

Tulip
05-09-2006, 01:15 PM

That's a report on who has canceled since the draft.

We were able to upgrade our season tickets by 7 rows. Plenty of people (mostly ticket brokers, I think) have not renewed this season.

Kaiser Toro
05-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Plenty of people (mostly ticket brokers, I think) have not renewed this season.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

whiskeyrbl
05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
That's a report on who has canceled since the draft.

We were able to upgrade our season tickets by 7 rows. Plenty of people (mostly ticket brokers, I think) have not renewed this season.

Does this mean we can get tickets without a $54 sur charge?

kastofsna
05-09-2006, 01:45 PM
these new fans of the titans are just Young fans who won't even watch tennessee unless young is playing. better to lose those kind of "fans" than gain them.

as for young looking like a natural, they're going on what the coaches have said about him during the mini-camps. you think the player they're going to invest millions in is going to get bad reviews from the coaches? anything a coach says during the rookie mini-camps is useless. nick saban said marcus vick looked good. err...

whiskeyrbl
05-09-2006, 03:16 PM
these new fans of the titans are just Young fans who won't even watch tennessee unless young is playing. better to lose those kind of "fans" than gain them.

as for young looking like a natural, they're going on what the coaches have said about him during the mini-camps. you think the player they're going to invest millions in is going to get bad reviews from the coaches? anything a coach says during the rookie mini-camps is useless. nick saban said marcus vick looked good. err...

Since he has played a few years I sure hope he looks like a natural. That has to be the dumbest thing they can say. And what do you expect them to say he sucked really,really bad. They used their 1st rd. pick on him. If he starts the season #1 on depth chart I believe them if not it's just something positive to say.

Glacier
05-10-2006, 08:48 AM

sure didn't gain any fans, thats for certain. Mario who from what program? This kid better blow up a lot of QBs.

aj.
05-10-2006, 12:11 PM

They will be watching and they will be the ones booing Volek after the first week or two.

kcwilson
05-10-2006, 04:10 PM

Is 'loungerie' the mix of sexy women's undergarments (lingerie) and a really bad lounge lizard suit with a big butterfly collar from the 70's?

Also, can you all think of the reaction if Vince Young throws/runs for a TD in Reliant? Massive cheers?

Kaiser Toro
05-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Is 'loungerie' the mix of sexy women's undergarments (lingerie) and a really bad lounge lizard suit with a big butterfly collar from the 70's?

Easy. There is a whole industry built around that look. If it falls the whole econmy may go down with it. :)

hollywood_texan
05-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I am Texans fan and proud season ticketholder since 2002 and will always remain so.

However, the Vince Young issue has me perplexed. I was born and raised in Austin, Texas with family ties to the Longhorn football program. I can remember as kid in '83 at the Cotton Bowl and that muffed punt. UT has had some good talent to compete for many years, but for some reason or another it just couldn't get done.

Fast forward now, I have lived in LA for 4 years and attended both Rose Bowl games UT won. Those were the best football games (the first game at Reliant was great but not on the same level) I have every been to. I can remember at the National Championship game looking at the scoreboard and down by 12 with 5 minutes left and thinking, I don't know how Vince and the Horns are going to pull this off, but they are going to.

I have never rooted for a team because of a player. But, Vince has earned my respect and has done a lot more for me as a UT fan than the Texans have done.

Therefore, I am fan of Vince and whatever team he is on. All the Texans need to do is win the Super Bowl if they want my complete support while Vince is playing in the NFL, otherwise I am pulling for Vince as my heart dictates. Call me fair weather, but I am pulling my one time get out of jail free card. I will never will do it again but I have to follow my heart on this one.

Besides, do you really think Vince wanted it this way? Vince didn't make the choice, McNair did. As for me, I will continue to pay for my season tickets and go to games.

My next consideration though, buying a Vince Young jersey. I am not sure about that though. That's like introducing your mistress to your wife.

So pile on :hunter: and I want to hear some thoughts.

Maybe, just maybe, there can be an intervention, even tough I don't think it will work.

kcwilson
05-10-2006, 04:43 PM
I am Texans fan and proud season ticketholder since 2002 and will always remain so.

However, the Vince Young issue has me perplexed. I was born and raised in Austin, Texas with family ties to the Longhorn football program. I can remember as kid in '83 at the Cotton Bowl and that muffed punt. UT has had some good talent to compete for many years, but for some reason or another it just couldn't get done.

Fast forward now, I have lived in LA for 4 years and attended both Rose Bowl games UT won. Those were the best football games (the first game at Reliant was great but not on the same level) I have every been to. I can remember at the National Championship game looking at the scoreboard and down by 12 with 5 minutes left and thinking, I don't know how Vince and the Horns are going to pull this off, but they are going to.

I have never rooted for a team because of a player. But, Vince has earned my respect and has done a lot more for me as a UT fan than the Texans have done.

Therefore, I am fan of Vince and whatever team he is on. All the Texans need to do is win the Super Bowl if they want my complete support while Vince is playing in the NFL, otherwise I am pulling for Vince as my heart dictates. Call me fair weather, but I am pulling my one time get out of jail free card. I will never will do it again but I have to follow my heart on this one.

Besides, do you really think Vince wanted it this way? Vince didn't make the choice, McNair did. As for me, I will continue to pay for my season tickets and go to games.

My next consideration though, buying a Vince Young jersey. I am not sure about that though. That's like introducing your mistress to your wife.

Maybe, just maybe, there can be an intervention, even tough I don't think it will work.

Fair weather.

hollywood_texan
05-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Fair weather.

I was looking for something a little more involved and tee off if you feel like it.

Maybe knock some sense into me.

If McNair can't get his act together and field a winning team, why shouldn't I root for Vince? I will continue to pay my season tickets and this will be the only time I do this.

Let me know where I am wrong on this.

True Texan
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
or bandwagon jumpers.
Vince Young fans, I'm sorry but he's in Tennessee now. Either become a Titans fan or just wait 'till we start winnin' so you can say that you were always a Texan. Have a nice trip!!:redtowel:

Exascor
05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Therefore, I am fan of Vince and whatever team he is on. All the Texans need to do is win the Super Bowl if they want my complete support while Vince is playing in the NFL, otherwise I am pulling for Vince as my heart dictates.I can understand rooting for Vince but not the team he is on. Especially when it's a division rival. As for the Superbowl comment, wow. The Titans get your loyalty because they have one player, but the Texans have to do something the Titans never have to win you back. That is weak imo. Fairweather is a fair description actually. Sorry.

kcwilson
05-10-2006, 05:08 PM
I was looking for something a little more involved and tee off if you feel like it.

Maybe knock some sense into me.

If McNair can't get his act together and field a winning team, why shouldn't I root for Vince? I will continue to pay my season tickets and this will be the only time I do this.

First off, you asked us to call you "fair weathered". I just was returning the sentiment.

Second, rooting for a palyer to do well on another team and rooting for that other team are different. Hopefully, you root for the Texans to win the game between the Titans and Texans, if not, then you aren't a fan period.

Kaiser Toro
05-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Second, rooting for a palyer to do well on another team and rooting for that other team are different. Hopefully, you root for the Texans to win the game between the Titans and Texans, if not, then you aren't a fan period.

Agreed as that is the bucket I am in. I will be watching a lot of Titans games now, but I know where my allegiance is.

TwinSisters
05-10-2006, 05:16 PM

There is nothing wrong with it. In the first place you cannot prove anything is right or wrong... but that's a long debate that never ends.

Tom Landry was from UT. Tom Landry was the face of the Dallas Cowboys forever and a day. Very few Houston fans have ever cussed him, while still wanting to kick the snot of his team.

Vince Young is not going to be any different then Landry, Dickerson, Greene, Lilly and a whole host of other great Texans that Houston passed on to get beat up by.

Maybe Young will bust, but I doubt it... in any case after having *** ***** around for so long, nothing can get worse. That you can count on. < fingers crossed: spitting on the north side : scratching bottom of left foot >

Hulk75
05-10-2006, 05:38 PM
I can't wait for the Vince Young Report, Volume 1, Number 2: VINCE MEETS MARIO

:popcorn:
Me as well.............:mario: :hides: :mario:

hollywood_texan
05-10-2006, 05:40 PM
I can understand rooting for Vince but not the team he is on. Especially when it's a division rival. As for the Superbowl comment, wow. The Titans get your loyalty because they have one player, but the Texans have to do something the Titans never have to win you back. That is weak imo. Fairweather is a fair description actually. Sorry.

My main point in becoming a season ticketholder was to watch my team, the Texans, go to the Super Bowl. I was a huge Oiler fan before they left, so when it came to the NFL, Houston was always my favorite team. If there is no chance for them to go to the Super Bowl, there really isn't a reason to be a fan from my perspective.

I guess my point lies here, the first four years have been a disappointment, this franchise still hasn't put together at least a 3 game winning streak and really hasn't won a big game except for the Cowboy game.

It's tough rooting for a Houston football team that is in the NFL.

Vince has come along and showed the goods and he wanted and campaigned for the Texans to pick him.

I have shown complete loyalty to this point to the Texans and McNair. McNair has made his choice and I don't necessarily have to follow with the same loyalty. Besides, I will still be season ticketholder.

Texans_Chick
05-10-2006, 06:35 PM

If you want to support VY and the things he did for UT, I suggest getting a #10 Texas jersey. Then you won't be running around wearing baby puke blue, and will have something stylish and practical to wear watching Longhorn games.

Ya just can't root for the Titanhicks. No matter who they get as a player. It is just wrong. Your immortal soul is in peril.

If you are considering being a Flaming Meatball fan, I suggest instead of asking for an intervention, you request a exorcism.

thunderkyss
05-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I can understand rooting for Vince but not the team he is on. Especially when it's a division rival. As for the Superbowl comment, wow. The Titans get your loyalty because they have one player, but the Texans have to do something the Titans never have to win you back. That is weak imo. Fairweather is a fair description actually. Sorry.

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL to date..... he's classy..... funny... & frig'n awesome........ I love to watch him play.... He does things I never would have thought was possible. He runs that offense, like no other QB I've seen.

I loved Eddie George........ he was the Protypical running back. As a kid, playing football, wanting to be a running back.... Eddie George is what I wanted to be.

I love Chad Johnson...... ain't nobody like him...... he'll tell you where he's going.... he'll tell you the snap count..... he'll tell you that he's going to loose you, & score a touchdown on yo sorry butt....... and do it.. you can't stop hiim.

I was rooting for Peyton in the 2005 AFC Championship game...... if anyone deserved to win a SuperBowl(the Bus, or Manning), it was PM.

I was rooting for Eddie George, Air McNair, & Jevon Kearse to win the SuperBowl against the Rams..... 1 yard........ 1 freak'n yard........

I watched ESPN in 2005, so I could see Chad Johnson highlights...... remember the river dance?? Sho is entertaining football.

But I'm still a Texans fan. If it were David Carr vs Peyton in the AFC Championship game, I'm rooting for the Texans..... If I could decide who was going to SuperBowl XXXIV, I'd pick Houston vs Dallas........ the texans, by a field goal. If the Houston Texans are playing the Bengals in a meaningless we aren't going to the playoffs game, I hope we don't see one highlight.... I don't want to see one TD celebration. As a matter of fact, I hope they have they take Chad out of the stadium on a stretcher.

I'll be rooting for Vince to prove all you armchair GMs wrong........ but when he plays the Texans..... I want him shut down, I want to be what the NewEngland Patriots were to Peyton Manning..... I want Reliant to be (what do they call the Patriots stadium) to Vince..... I want this to be the only place he never wins a game in, and I want that monkey to ride his back all the way to the HOF.

I'm still a Texans fan.

Lucky
05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
All evidence coming out of Nashville is that the Flaming Thumbtacks are _VERY_ pleased with the acquisition...
They should be. Anytime the Possums draft a guy who doesn't regularly show up on the police blotter, they probably break out into a jig.:bananasplit:

Sportsfan
05-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL to date..... he's classy..... funny... & frig'n awesome........ I love to watch him play.... He does things I never would have thought was possible. He runs that offense, like no other QB I've seen.

I loved Eddie George........ he was the Protypical running back. As a kid, playing football, wanting to be a running back.... Eddie George is what I wanted to be.

I love Chad Johnson...... ain't nobody like him...... he'll tell you where he's going.... he'll tell you the snap count..... he'll tell you that he's going to loose you, & score a touchdown on yo sorry butt....... and do it.. you can't stop hiim.

I was rooting for Peyton in the 2005 AFC Championship game...... if anyone deserved to win a SuperBowl(the Bus, or Manning), it was PM.

I was rooting for Eddie George, Air McNabb, & Jevon Kearse to win the SuperBowl against the Rams..... 1 yard........ 1 freak'n yard........

I watched ESPN in 2005, so I could see Chad Johnson highlights...... remember the river dance?? Sho is entertaining football.

But I'm still a Texans fan. If it were David Carr vs Peyton in the AFC Championship game, I'm rooting for the Texans..... If I could decide who was going to SuperBowl XXXIV, I'd pick Houston vs Dallas........ the texans, by a field goal. If the Houston Texans are playing the Bengals in a meaningless we aren't going to the playoffs game, I hope we don't see one highlight.... I don't want to see one TD celebration. As a matter of fact, I hope they have they take Chad out of the stadium on a stretcher.

I'll be rooting for Vince to prove all you armchair GMs wrong........ but when he plays the Texans..... I want him shut down, I want to be what the NewEngland Patriots were to Peyton Manning..... I want Reliant to be (what do they call the Patriots stadium) to Vince..... I want this to be the only place he never wins a game in, and I want that monkey to ride his back all the way to the HOF.

I'm still a Texans fan.

Great post, i pretty much agree w/all of it.

Trap_Star
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM

I was rooting for Eddie George, Air McNabb, & Jevon Kearse to win the SuperBowl against the Rams..... 1 yard........ 1 freak'n yard........

I'm still a Texans fan.

*stands and claps*:D

disaacks3
05-10-2006, 08:22 PM
My main point in becoming a season ticketholder was to watch my team, the Texans, go to the Super Bowl. I was a huge Oiler fan before they left, so when it came to the NFL, Houston was always my favorite team. If there is no chance for them to go to the Super Bowl, there really isn't a reason to be a fan from my perspective.

Oh, so now the Texans only have to "Go" to the Superbowl...maybe there's hope for you yet! There's always a 'chance' that they'll go...and I venture that you'll see the Texans in one before the Titans make another trip.

TKyss hit the nail on the head for me...There's plenty of players I root for and simply love to watch play, but when their team is on the field against the Texans, they are simply part of the enemy.

The lady who sits in front of me loves it when these scenarios play themselves out. When I start rooting for a particular player to get a "mild sprain" or get better "next week", she knows that while I appreciate their talent, I'd rather not see it displayed effectively against MY team! :redtowel:

Frills
05-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Adams parades VY here on draft day, while not allowing McNair to work at the team's facilities.

Support a classless organization all you want, but nothing will take away the sting when you're walking down the ramps at Reliant looking at your shoelaces, trying ignore those who have no qualms voicing their opinions.

VY scored more on the Wunderlich than the Titans will against the Texans.

Nighthawk
05-10-2006, 11:56 PM

We had a very good draft, and if we weren't going to take VY, we did the very smart thing in going for Mario. The draft was like everything else that has happened to this team since Kubiak was hired--smart football.

My ONLY disagreement is VY. We coulda and we shoulda.

Nighthawk
05-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Since he has played a few years I sure hope he looks like a natural. That has to be the dumbest thing they can say. And what do you expect them to say he sucked really,really bad. They used their 1st rd. pick on him. If he starts the season #1 on depth chart I believe them if not it's just something positive to say.

Wait, did you forget to read correctly? Carr, who has played 15 years or something, looks about as far from a "natural" as one could be--slow, robotic, clumsy, not deft, stumbling into tacklers, etc. etc.

I think the Titans people think Vince probably isn't going to do all that.

Nighthawk
05-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Vince has earned my respect and has done a lot more for me as a UT fan than the Texans have done.

I don't know who I'm supporting or how much I care, but this that you say here is so completely and utterly true and accurate that it bears repeating.

Vince to the Titans is like Earl Campbell to the Steelers. The heart weeps about it.

Nighthawk
05-11-2006, 12:05 AM

I was rooting for Eddie George, Air McNair, & Jevon Kearse to win the SuperBowl against the Rams..... 1 yard........ 1 freak'n yard........

I'm still a Texans fan.

I buy it all EXCEPT the next to last graph, which also seems the least likely. Eventually Vince is going to come in here and show the locals what a mistake they made. Put that in the bank, I think.

Hookem Horns
05-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Hollywood, you mentioned all the great things that Vince Young had done for us Texas fans HOWEVER you have failed to mention as an x-Oilers fan how we were TOTALLY CRAPPED ON by our former franchise that you are now contemplating rooting for. With all the chokes, bad player moves, coach firings, and the eventual "FU" that was the relocation I was left permanently scarred. One player will NEVER overcome that. Heck, I think even if I had a son that grew up to play in the NFL and was drafted by Bud I still wouldn't root for them. I would just tell him to make as much money as he could and then apologize ahead of time for rooting against him every week.

You gave an analogy of buying a Young Titans jersey as showing your mistress to your wife but you are wrong. It would be more like you leaving your current (second) wife (who does really care for you and is doing all she can to earnestly please you) just to have an affair with your nasty x-wife who dropped you for a toothless truck driver from Tennessee (who she is still living with) just because he promised her a brand spanking new trailor home. And why are you wanting this affair? Because she just got a nice new set of breast implants (Vince Young) that your current wife refused to get because she felt it wasn't the best thing for her body.

So if you want to be a sucker, throw away a good relationship and go crawling back to that nasty ho just because you like her new perks than go help yourself. Meanwhile, we will stay here in Houston and enjoy the good wife you are throwing away.

BTW, I too am a Austinite, Texas fan, former Oiler fan, and current Texan fan. (Oh, and a metalhead at that) We have a lot in common however we are way off here.

beerlover
05-11-2006, 09:00 AM
lol:

to quote the J. Gilles Band: LOVE STINKS

Señor Stan
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
You gave an analogy of buying a Young Titans jersey as showing your mistress to your wife but you are wrong. It would be more like you leaving your current (second) wife (who does really care for you and is doing all she can to earnestly please you) just to have an affair with your nasty x-wife who dropped you for a toothless truck driver from Tennessee (who she is still living with) just because he promised her a brand spanking new trailor home. And why are you wanting this affair? Because she just got a nice new set of breast implants (Vince Young) that your current wife refused to get because she felt it wasn't the best thing for her body.

That was AAAWW-SOME

Exascor
05-11-2006, 09:52 AM

I'm still a Texans fan.I understand what you guys are saying. Maybe I didn't word my response clearly. My response was specific to hollywood_texan. His statement of switching allegience to the Titans only because they drafted a specific player to me smells of someone that can't take rooting for a losing team.
I guess my point lies here, the first four years have been a disappointment, this franchise still hasn't put together at least a 3 game winning streak and really hasn't won a big game except for the Cowboy game.

It's tough rooting for a Houston football team that is in the NFL.
That just proves my point.

Follow that up by basically giving the Texans the goal of "winning a Superbowl" in order for them to regain his loyalty is just weak. If the Texans go to the playoffs next season and follow up with another 6 playoff appearances in a row then he won't be a Texan fan as much as a Titan fan even if the Titans fail to make it to the playoffs once in that span.

I'll also add that I completely agree with Hookem as well. The Titans will always be Bud's team that he stole from us Houston fans. He will never get my support no matter what players he has. The best thing that could happen to him did when the Titans fell 1 foot short of winning a Superbowl.

Root for whoever you want whenever you want. But if you are a real Texans fan NOTHING short of the team leaving Houston should keep them from being your #1 team. Nothing.

jerek
05-11-2006, 10:40 AM
An Open Letter to Vince Young
by Dave Sabo
HoustonProFootball.com

Dear Vince,

Now that the draft has come and gone (and with it, the hysterical ranting of the smartest talent evaluators in the history of organized football - you know, your worshippers), I wanted to write you, personally, to explain why I will be rooting for your complete and utter failure as an NFL quarterback.

Obviously, your selection by the “Oilers” has made it impossible for me to ever root for or wish you success, but that development alone would not have generated this visceral desire of mine to see you fail spectacularly. And, for willingly and eagerly possessing that desire, Vince, I sincerely apologize. After all, it’s certainly not your fault I hope that you’re a monumental bust.

No, my fervent hope that your career will be best described as “Leafian” is fed by the weeks upon weeks - and now the excruciating post upon post - of Vince adoration that I and other Texan fans with lives have had to endure, and will continue to endure, until you’re officially jockeying a clipboard on a Nashpatch sideline.

Day after day we’ve heard your flock assure us that you’ll be winning the Vince Young Award as the NFL’s Most Valuable Player, leading the AFC to victory in the annual Vince Bowl in Honolulu every season and, of course, hoisting 14 or 15 Young Trophies over your twenty-year career.

Sure, I was just being hyperbolic when I wrote a few months ago that you would be the first player to pass for 600 yards in a game; 6,500 yards in a season and 75,000 yards for his career; set the game, season and career touchdown records; account for 11 touchdowns rushing and passing in a single game; and broker a deal between the Israelis and Palestinians, establishing permanent peace in the Middle East during the 2012 off-season. But the Young zombies apparently bought in to it.

And why not? I mean, yeah, you’re going to a team with a coaching staff that actually wanted Leinart, but got overruled by an 80-year old incompetent. And, by the way, your offensive coordinator used to coach Leinart. But I’m sure those guys won’t have any trouble or qualms about scrapping their offensive philosophy; they’ll simply line up in the shotgun 90% of the time. “Go ahead,” they’ll say.“Just freelance!” It’s gonna be just like playing Baylor 16 times a year!

Worse than the Vince Young Youth, however, are the self-important, deep-pocketed “sponsors” raving on sports talk radio and taking out ads in the local fish wrap as if Bob McNair lies awake night worrying about the relative pennies he collects from a low-rent furniture outlet or the threats from a puling crybaby that doesn’t even have the sack to sign his full name to his full page tantrum. All right-thinking Texans fans should join McNair in giving those dopes a great big middle finger.

Please believe me, Vince, that it’s them and not you that has forced me to this. Otherwise, I’d be wishing you all the luck in the world. Your performance in the Rose Bowl was stunning and from all indications, you’re personable, hard-working and your parents didn’t decide to take an offer to live rent-free in a $800,000 house and maybe (or maybe not) take another $100,000 in cash. And had they, I don’t think you’d lie about knowing about it. Honestly, I’ve got nothing against you personally.

It’s all about the junior GM’s that have already had you measured for a yellow blazer who I hope will have their hopes and dreams crushed. And, sadly, the only way to ensure that happening is for you to end your NFL career as an abject failure. An outcome I will be actively rooting for.

And for that, Vince, I sincerely apologize.

Yours,
Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo penned this missive for the sole purpose of apologizing to Vince Young for rooting against him. Enraging the braying jackasses that need their heads surgically removed from Young’s ass is merely an added bonus.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/chair/arm46.html

thunderkyss
05-11-2006, 11:23 AM
An Open Letter to Vince Young
by Dave Sabo
HoustonProFootball.com

Dear Vince,

It’s all about the junior GM’s that have already had you measured for a yellow blazer who I hope will have their hopes and dreams crushed. And, sadly, the only way to ensure that happening is for you to end your NFL career as an abject failure. An outcome I will be actively rooting for.

And for that, Vince, I sincerely apologize.

Yours,
Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo penned this missive for the sole purpose of apologizing to Vince Young for rooting against him. Enraging the braying jackasses that need their heads surgically removed from Young’s ass is merely an added bonus.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/chair/arm46.html

Please tell me he wrote one just like that for all the punks rooting for and still to this day jockying for us to get Reggie Bush........ otherwise, F@#$ him, and his article......

jerek
05-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Please tell me he wrote one just like that for all the punks rooting for and still to this day jockying for us to get Reggie Bush........ otherwise, F@#$ him, and his article......

TK ... man, you've got to understand ... as much as Bush might have been a majority candidate (though due in large part to the writing on the wall from the outset once we resigned Carr) ... no one took out full page ads in the Chron for Bush. I have heard a lot more just incredibly ridiculous arguments for VY than I have Bush, and I never overtly wanted either since we took the field against the 49ers and it seemed like every bandwagon Texan and sudden armchair expert in the country was rooting for us to lose. Holly F didn't write Pro Bush. This board didn't blow up with subliterate "season ticket holders" threatening to cancel their tickets, renounce their fandom, and damn this franchise to hell if we don't draft Bush. I mean sure, we got what, maybe 5-10 of those, after we draft Mario? We had at least 5-10x that number in the VY camp. Some of the writing on here in support of Vince has been borderline probable cause to arrest for stalking. I mean, scary stuff.

This letter nor its sentiments really have nothing to do with Vince. It was hyperbole meant in fun and to be funny, sorry if you didn't agree.

It's the handful of extremely loud/brash fans in his behavior that have warranted so much attention. At least, their petulent cries continue to echo more in my memories than those of any pro-Busher.

I don't honestly have the least desire to see VY to fail, except when he plays us -- I mean, seems like a great guy, never done me any wrong -- but I can echo the writer's sentiment in regards to Mattress Mac, Holly F, and every other "self important jackass" this article alludes to.

thunderkyss
05-11-2006, 12:52 PM
TK ... man, you've got to understand ... as much as Bush might have been a majority candidate (though due in large part to the writing on the wall from the outset once we resigned Carr) ... no one took out full page ads in the Chron for Bush. I have heard a lot more just incredibly ridiculous arguments for VY than I have Bush, and I never overtly wanted either since we took the field against the 49ers and it seemed like every bandwagon Texan and sudden armchair expert in the country was rooting for us to lose. Holly F didn't write Pro Bush. This board didn't blow up with subliterate "season ticket holders" threatening to cancel their tickets, renounce their fandom, and damn this franchise to hell if we don't draft Bush. I mean sure, we got what, maybe 5-10 of those, after we draft Mario? We had at least 5-10x that number in the VY camp. Some of the writing on here in support of Vince has been borderline probable cause to arrest for stalking. I mean, scary stuff.

The only difference, is because people felt we were going to draft Reggie... There has been more Reggie=HOF, SB champ, best running back ever crap than Vince Young crap on this board. But since so many were accepting the fact that we were drafting Reggie, it was accepted....... even considered sane thinking, which I never agreed with.

As soon as we announced that Mario was the first pick, you had even more threats of season tickets being cancelled. They even did a story in the paper.

The Bush guys haven't been any different than the Vince guys.

The only difference, is that you believe the Bush hype.

TwinSisters
05-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I will take the fire out of this article pretty quick

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/chair/arm44.html
Jan 7th

Sabo is an Aggie and was riding Young long before the NFL Young Zealots started talking about draft or any ads that were taken out in newspapers.

Sabo Bush Zealot aka Chump.

geofb
05-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh good, I guess we will get daily reports on how the Wunder(lich) boy Vince is doing in Possum Holler. Give it up, we picked Mario. Time to move on.

jerek
05-11-2006, 02:09 PM
The only difference, is because people felt we were going to draft Reggie... There has been more Reggie=HOF, SB champ, best running back ever crap than Vince Young crap on this board. But since so many were accepting the fact that we were drafting Reggie, it was accepted....... even considered sane thinking, which I never agreed with.

As soon as we announced that Mario was the first pick, you had even more threats of season tickets being cancelled. They even did a story in the paper.

The Bush guys haven't been any different than the Vince guys.

The only difference, is that you believe the Bush hype.

Lol I believe the Bush hype? BS. Find me one post of the dozens I've written on this board in regards to Bush that even comes close to saying that Bush will live up to the hype. The most liberal thing I ever said about him is that he will be a great NFL back, but the majority of my recent pre-draft posts were to the effect that I think he will be good and would be cool with the Texans taking him. At no point in time do I or have I endorsed this "next Gayle Sayers" crap. He should be a solid playmaker and was more NFL ready than Vince Young, period, end of story, as far as my take stands.

Any way, no need for any of us to get in a huffy over it ... the article was meant in fun, not as some kind of factual take.

hollywood_texan
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Hollywood, you mentioned all the great things that Vince Young had done for us Texas fans HOWEVER you have failed to mention as an x-Oilers fan how we were TOTALLY CRAPPED ON by our former franchise that you are now contemplating rooting for. With all the chokes, bad player moves, coach firings, and the eventual "FU" that was the relocation I was left permanently scarred. One player will NEVER overcome that. Heck, I think even if I had a son that grew up to play in the NFL and was drafted by Bud I still wouldn't root for them. I would just tell him to make as much money as he could and then apologize ahead of time for rooting against him every week.

So if you want to be a sucker, throw away a good relationship and go crawling back to that nasty ho just because you like her new perks than go help yourself. Meanwhile, we will stay here in Houston and enjoy the good wife you are throwing away.

BTW, I too am a Austinite, Texas fan, former Oiler fan, and current Texan fan. (Oh, and a metalhead at that) We have a lot in common however we are way off here.

Hookem Horns, that was a nice response. Very funny, and point well taken.

You are right and I need to stick with the second wife.

Just having some weak moments due to the disappointments and just need to face facts.

run-david-run
05-11-2006, 06:03 PM

What happened to a team not being able to include a player in their practice if he is not under contract? I thought that was one of the major advantages to having Mario signed before the draft?

kastofsna
05-11-2006, 06:12 PM
What happened to a team not being able to include a player in their practice if he is not under contract? I thought that was one of the major advantages to having Mario signed before the draft?
doesn't apply for rookie mini-camps.

Hookem Horns
09-22-2011, 03:52 AM
What happened to Vince Young Report Volume 2, 3, and 4??

:vincepalm:

Sorry, I had subscribed to this thread 5 years ago and just realized I still had it saved. I got a few laughs out of it now 5 years later.

Dutchrudder
09-22-2011, 09:10 AM

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/spock-awesome.jpg

Double Barrel
09-22-2011, 10:20 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! What a funny thread!

http://www.protias.com/Pictures/Owned/PWNED%20-%20plunger%20to%20the%20face.jpg

GlassHalfFull
09-22-2011, 10:27 AM

If you take the bolded out of context, he is pretty accurate. :vincepalm:

Section516
09-22-2011, 10:34 AM

:spit:

Kafka over Vince=Win!

thunderkyss
09-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Oh, he's still the talk of the league alright, just not the way Nighthawk expected.

:spit:

Kafka over Vince=Win!

My point exactly

thunderkyss
09-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Just so everyone knows.. I'm not trying to rewrite history here. I was in favor of drafting Vince, over Reggie. But was completely on Board with Mario or D'brick.

Ole Miss Texan
09-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Although I'm perfectly happy with the Mario over Bush pick, I continue to think that in 3 years Young will be the talk of the league.

Actually I still find that quite accurate. Remember the whole suicide watch thing? He was the talk of the league... in Nighthawk's defense, he didn't specify "good talk". LOL

GlassHalfFull
09-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Oh, he's still the talk of the league alright, just not the way Nighthawk expected.

My point exactly

Actually I still find that quite accurate. Remember the whole suicide watch thing? He was the talk of the league... in Nighthawk's defense, he didn't specify "good talk". LOL

I hope y'all understand that was exactly what I was trying to point out. I need to be not quite so subtle next time. :handshake:

Double Barrel
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Just so everyone knows.. I'm not trying to rewrite history here. I was in favor of drafting Vince, over Reggie. But was completely on Board with Mario or D'brick.

I still remember you and I defending the Mario pick on the night before the draft, which remains the forum record for most users online at once, btw:

Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM.

It was my son's bday, and I checked into the forum when company was over to see if we had any updates. It was a madhouse, and I got in hot water for ignoring our houseguests because I was wrapped up in forum chats. :D

BigBull17
09-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I still remember you and I defending the Mario pick on the night before the draft, which remains the forum record for most users online at once, btw:

Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM.

It was my son's bday, and I checked into the forum when company was over to see if we had any updates. It was a madhouse, and I got in hot water for ignoring our houseguests because I was wrapped up in forum chats. :D

QFT. This board was insane. You couldn't post anything, cause the site was so full

Yankee_In_TX
09-22-2011, 01:00 PM

So did all the 2006 Houston 'Titan' fans become Philly fans or did they fade into non existance.

Norg
09-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Tenn is a hell hole to play in with a bigger city like houston to play in i think VY would prob gotten into more trouble but hell maybe even gotten a few more wins

I truely think with VY at the helm we would of seen the playoffs alot more the Capers era would of lasted longer and we would have never seen this lame Kubes era

welsh texan
09-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Tenn is a hell hole to play in with a bigger city like houston to play in i think VY would prob gotten into more trouble but hell maybe even gotten a few more wins

I truely think with VY at the helm we would of seen the playoffs alot more the Capers era would of lasted longer and we would have never seen this lame Kubes era

Capers was gone before the draft, Kubiak was installed before the '06 draft, with Smith replacing Casserly afterwards. :vincepalm:

Ckw
09-22-2011, 02:10 PM
This was an AWESOME read! Thanks for bumping this, Hookem!

The Vince Young sausage lickin' was unlike anything I have ever seen or heard. What exactly happened to all the VY homers?

chicagotexan2
09-22-2011, 02:15 PM
This was an AWESOME read! Thanks for bumping this, Hookem!

The Vince Young sausage lickin' was unlike anything I have ever seen or heard. What exactly happened to all the VY homers?

they're in austin.

Texans34Life
09-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Vince Young sucks ass. End of Volume 1, Number 1.

The end.

BSofA04
09-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Vince Young sucks ass. End of Volume 1, Number 1.

The end.

Vince Young Volume 2, Number 1 "The shirt-less adventures in meat packing" :whip:

thunderkyss
09-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Did Vince get into any trouble?

I think Fisher never wanted him & wasn't going to babysit.

I think his career would have been totally different had he gone to a team that wanted him.

We'll see in Philly.

Hookem Horns
09-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Did Vince get into any trouble?

I think Fisher never wanted him & wasn't going to babysit.

I think his career would have been totally different had he gone to a team that wanted him.

We'll see in Philly.

We are ... looks like he has just been demoted to 3rd string.

The best Texas QB in the NFL right now doesn't play 3rd string for Philly, he starts for Cleveland.

Thorn
09-23-2011, 10:20 PM

Yeah, me too. I honestly thought at the time Vince could be our saviour, but also realized that our defense was horrid. My how times change. LOL

Ckw
09-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Are there still people out there that defend VY? So it is all Fisher's fault that VY was a complete failure in the NFL and didn't live up to the expectations the VY homers had for him?

Geez...:wadepalm:

With that said, I wanted to comment on something I read earlier in the thread about Bush homers being as bad as VY homers.

False. Yes, Bush homers were as annoying as VY homers leading up to the draft, but most of the Bush homers at least got on board with the Mario pick and quit bitching about it after the draft. OTOH, the VY homers didn't shut up about us not drafting VY until about 2 years ago.

Hell, the Bush homers would have never cheered if "The Next Gale Sayers" had scored the game winning touchdown in our house. They'd have booed him like they would for any other player or team. But what did the VY homers do when VY scored a game winning TD against us in Reliant Stadium? They erupted louder than the crowd ever has at Reliant. Sickening.

And for that, I will always HATE the VY homers. Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad if VY hadn't been drafted by the very team and very owner that left our great city. The fact that so many "Houstonians" cheered for that bastard's team still makes my blood boil. Everyone of the jerk offs that cheered that day can go jump off a cliff.

infantrycak
09-24-2011, 09:11 AM

The Capers era was over when VY was in the draft. You know 2006, Kubiak making the controversial decision to go Mario over VY and Bush.

Hookem Horns
09-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Are there still people out there that defend VY?

This was just posted today in response to another poster that thinks Colt McCoy is currently a better NFL QB ...

**** you, you know nothing piece of ****. VY is a 2nd or 3rd stringer because Fisher is a piece of **** just like you. If you really believe that bull**** you just typed out, you obviously haven't watched him play or anything. Check out that website: www.trackingvinceyoung.com if you watch a replay of his videos and recant that nonsense you just subjected all these good people to I will accept your mea culpa. However, if you still believe you are correct I will kindly reiterate my point that you are a ****tard piece of **** and I will gladly direct you to the nearest facility where you can go **** yourself.

chicagotexan2
09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
This was just posted today in response to another poster that thinks Colt McCoy is currently a better NFL QB ...

Dang a response this angry and hateful could probably only be justified if shaggy bevo was either vy's non or his personal knob bobber. H
I just remember think oh schit after vy had the great game against USC because I knew his fans would demand he be taken by us. Remember matress mac sticking his nose into the fray? That really turned me off. It would not gave mattered if he had been drafted by Houston. He would have crumbled at the sound of boos just like he did in TN. The funniest thing to me is that as entertaining and lively as this thread was about vy I doubt he could read half of it.

6 plus the square root of 3 equals??? Cat!?!?

houstonspartan
09-25-2011, 02:43 AM
dang a response this angry and hateful could probably only be justified if shaggy bevo was either vy's non or his personal knob bobber. H
i just remember think oh schit after vy had the great game against usc because i knew his fans would demand he be taken by us. Remember matress mac sticking his nose into the fray? That really turned me off. It would not gave mattered if he had been drafted by houston. He would have crumbled at the sound of boos just like he did in tn. the funniest thing to me is that as entertaining and lively as this thread was about vy i doubt he could read half of it.

6 plus the square root of 3 equals??? Cat!?!?

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hookem Horns
09-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Volume 3

Looks like Vince is starting next week vs the Niners.

Hookem Horns
09-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Vince is a great QB and totally blameless for what happened in Tennessee. A poster on another board set me straight ...

All of the negative things about him have been lies or overblown because of Fisher:
1) The 'suicide' thing (complete lie)
2) He's not working hard enough (Which was debunked by his play and mastery of the playbook)
3) He isn't grasping the offense so they taught him to use half of the field (another lie)
4) He wanted to pull himself out (Fisher actually denied this)
5) He was upset over the boos (Okay... he was winning when he threw the 2nd INT against the Jags. Still nothing wrong not liking boos)
6) He's immature and feels entitled to start after he lost the starting gig to KC (Nothing gave this indication, everyone said he was working hard)
7) The shirtless tequila night (Eh... Didn't bother me, but some people think that's horrible. I dunno why)
8) He THREW his equipment into the stands (He handed his gear to an exec's kid who was a big fan. Never hear this in the media)
9) He threw a tantrum and cussed out his head coach (You know who else did? Steve Young. You might not agree they are equally in terms of talent, but there is a huge double standard. VY gets eviscerated in the media for telling his coach he wants to play. Especially, after the '08 incident, and there were talks he didn't want to go in against Miami the week before. Yet Steve Young gets a pass and is seen as fiery and competitive)

So what it boils down to is everything against VY is all a big conspiracy.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7654/conspiracyl.gif