PDA

View Full Version : Former Houston Coach likes Mario pick

Mailman04
05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
I am friends with Reggie Herring, the defensive coordinator at Arkansas, and former LB coach for Texans. We went to a high school combine yesterday and I asked him about picking Mario over Reggie and was it dumb. He said it just came down to defense versus offense, the best defensive player or the best offensive player, and he said it was a good pick. I know Reggie is a defensive coach and would lean that way but he also coached against Reggie this year and coached Mario one year at NC State so he has some inside on all of them.

Oilers/Texans
05-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, and Reggie Bush helped hang 70 on his defense too in an unbeleviable offensive explosion. That was early in the season though and his scheme was not fully up to speed. I think he is a great coach and has what it takes to get the best out of players. We will get USC good this year in Fayettville. Go Hogs Go!!!!

BigTimeTexanFan
05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
So he knows exactly what Reggie is capable of, right???

Hookem Horns
05-07-2006, 11:20 PM
So he knows exactly what Reggie is capable of, right???

... or maybe what he is not capable of against a fast defense. :hunter: :chicken:

rittenhouserobz
05-08-2006, 05:26 AM
He sure could rain three's for a big man.

El Tejano
05-08-2006, 08:37 AM
He provided a defensive presence and that 3rd option for scoring. He basically made the team better. This is a good comparison.

Mailman04
05-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey BigTimeTexanFan. All I was doing was offering another tidbit to this board from someone who at least has some knowledge of Reggie, Mario and the Texans. I didn't say Reggie knew everything about Bush, I just told you his opinion on it. If you have better info bring it and I will read it and I won't even be rude if your info is bad.

TheOgre
05-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Go Hogs Go!!!!

...and take the Sooners with you.