PDA

View Full Version : Locking Horns

Stampede
05-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Kubes has paved the way for a lot of positional competition this year. This should make for some awesome intensity. Who would you like to see or who do yall think is most likely to lock horns this year in training camp? T.J/Spencer might be interesting.

whiskeyrbl
05-07-2006, 08:45 AM
TJ against Flanagan.:hunter:

tsip
05-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Kubes has paved the way for a lot of positional competition this year. This should make for some awesome intensity. Who would you like to see or who do yall think is most likely to lock horns this year in training camp? Johnson/Spencer might be interesting.

Which Johnson are you talking about? Travis Johnson plays on the DL and Spencer plays on the OL--only other Johnson I found was AJ.

Stampede
05-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Sorry, TJ/Spencer

Brandon420tx
05-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Robaire Bull-Rushing Winston ... a training day iniation.

gtexan02
05-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Which Johnson are you talking about? Travis Johnson plays on the DL and Spencer plays on the OL--only other Johnson I found was AJ.

Even though the poster said the topic was locking horns between positoins in a competitive way, the post indicated he meant that TJ (DL) would be locking horns against Spencer (OL) or Flannagan (OL) the same way he did last year against some large body we brought in undrafted

CoachJim
05-07-2006, 11:23 AM
APeek vs whoever ... Peeks got a nasty streak in him that comes out in TC. A couple of seasons ago, he got in it w/ MNorris & that was pretty intense but maybe in 11 on 11 drills I'd like to see AJ & Peek mix it up. AJs a relentless blocker whom I've seen crack-back on LBs regularly.

bdiddy
05-07-2006, 11:29 AM
I cannot wait until the first day of physical drills with Flanagan beats the crap out of TJ. It will immediately set the tone for our new offensive line.

tsip
05-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Even though the poster said the topic was locking horns between positoins in a competitive way, the post indicated he meant that TJ (DL) would be locking horns against Spencer (OL) or Flannagan (OL) the same way he did last year against some large body we brought in undrafted

...guess I misunderstood the topic. I thought the poster meant competition among the same postion--i.e., LOT vs LOT, RB vs RB, TE vs TE, etc.--to determine the best player at their respective position.

dat_boy_yec
05-07-2006, 12:55 PM
...guess I misunderstood the topic. I thought the poster meant competition among the same postion--i.e., LOT vs LOT, RB vs RB, TE vs TE, etc.--to determine the best player at their respective position.

Me too.

dat_boy_yec
05-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I wanna see Super Mario againts whoever. Other people I want to see is T. Pierce and Ryans, I am really curious about them.

Stampede
05-07-2006, 01:11 PM
This is correct. I apologize for not making this clearer.

Stampede
05-07-2006, 01:13 PM
This is correct, I apologize for not making myself clearer

gtexan02
05-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Haha Lets all imagine for a second Seth Wand vs. Mario Williams (:fireball: vs :crutch: ), our proable starting LT vs. our probable starting RDE....its so depressing :crying:

Scooter
05-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Haha Lets all imagine for a second Seth Wand vs. Mario Williams (:fireball: vs :crutch: ), our proable starting LT vs. our probable starting RDE....its so depressing :crying:

you might be suprised. mario's got a lot of technique to learn during this & the next few offseasons, which should make him as exciting to watch transform during practice as it will be during the season. he wont be able to outrun tackles, or just muscle them over nearly as effectively as he could in college, and playing RDE he'll be going against much quicker tackles on the left side like wand (who is actually very athletic). wand is no orlando pace, but then again mario isnt freeney ... yet. it's going to be fun watching them both learn and evolve at their positions.

i think it's hard to pick a single pair of players, but the key matchups are deffinately in the trenches with all the rookies, new additions, position changes, & coaching changes. if i had to pick one though, it's going to be robaire smith & mike flanagan. they're going to be the anchors, and should be a great pairing.

newbiefan
05-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Do first team offenses go against first team defenses full contact? I always thought that was what the practice squad was for.