PDA

View Full Version : Most overachieving team in the NFL award goes to...

gtexan02
05-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Jacksonville (Los Angeles?) Jaguars

This team simply does not have the talent to play as well as they do. I feel like this year will be their decline. Jimmy Smith is turning 100, and Fred Taylor just hit the wrong side of 30. Despite their two DTs, I don't see any names on their defense that I would scheme around. I predict they slide into a 6 or 7 win season

Koruptified
05-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, without losing the talent we had from last year and only gaining talent, we're sure to do horrible.

Say whatever makes you feel better about another losing season.

gtexan02
05-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Let me clarify my post by position:

QB: Byron Leftwhich is very good, but no superstar. Let's agree that he is the best of the above average players. Not a pro bowl quaterback.

HB: Taylor is injury prone and getting older. His production has decreased consistently since 2003 (1500 yards, 4.6ypc) to present (800 yards, 4.1ypc). Toefield, Jones, and Pearson are backups.

WR: Jimmy Smith is amazing, but is turned 37. Thats old. Age catches up to players eventually, and so don't expect to see 1000 yards out of him this year. Jones, Wilford, and Williams have a lot of work to do if they think they can take over as #1, or even as legitimate #2

TE: Brady was assured a spot as TE this year, and he's not a productive part of the offense. Lewis will be a good pickup, but will take time to develop.

OL: I don't know much about your OL, but they seem to be pretty good.

You've got a decent team, which is why they play so close to every other team in the league, but don't expect a 12 win season again. Like I said, I see 7-9. In fact, I'd be willing to bet either 1 of two things. Either the Texans will do better in the AFC than the Jags, or that the Texans will win more games this year than the Jags. What do you think?

mancunian
05-07-2006, 04:50 AM
Jacksonville (Los Angeles?) Jaguars

This team simply does not have the talent to play as well as they do. I feel like this year will be their decline. Jimmy Smith is turning 100, and Fred Taylor just hit the wrong side of 30. Despite their two DTs, I don't see any names on their defense that I would scheme around. I predict they slide into a 6 or 7 win season

They are pretty good on the the D side of the ball. It was their O that let them down last year - didn't think they should have brought Leftwich back for the play off game.

As for the D besides their 2 huge DT's they have a quality CB - Rashean Mathis, DE Reggie Hayward, MLB Mike Peterson, and a couple of good safeties in Grant and Daruis.

That being said overall I was surprised they went 12- 4 though they did beat the Steelere, Bengals and Seahawks at Alltel.

Doubt they'll do that this year but I can still see them going 10- 6.

If we share the games against them this year we'll be doing ok. :gotexans1

mancunian
05-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Back to the original question - the team that overachieved even more than the Jags were the Bears.

TwinSisters
05-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Back to the original question - the team that overachieved even more than the Jags were the Bears.

agree.

with a close second on the Seahawks.

Bears faced Packers with half the team on IR, Lions with Millen and coaching disaster/Harrington, Vikings coaching/FO/Lake Minnetoka/Culpepper down and crying/No Moss/half the team more worried about court dates and trying to come up with stories to explain to their wives about how they were not putting their hands on naked strippers.. as opposed to playing and winning.

Seahawks played chump team after chump team... 49ers, Cardinals, Rams with the 49ers in the worst shape. Beat the Colts in garbage time; really only had to show up for 4 games out of 16 and made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

overachievers.

mancunian
05-07-2006, 09:41 AM
agree.

Seahawks played chump team after chump team... 49ers, Cardinals, Rams with the 49ers in the worst shape. Beat the Colts in garbage time; really only had to show up for 4 games out of 16 and made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

overachievers.

ummm, we were one of those chump teams:rolleyes:. They lost to the Packers when they benched the starters.
I was impressed with the Hawks when I watched them - games against the Cowboys, Giants and the Play Off games against the Redskins and Panthers.
Like to see what happens this year with a tought schedule.

Brandon420tx
05-07-2006, 10:16 AM
agree.

Bears faced Packers with half the team on IR, Lions with Millen and coaching disaster/Harrington, Vikings coaching/FO/Lake Minnetoka/Culpepper down and crying/No Moss/half the team more worried about court dates and trying to come up with stories to explain to their wives about how they were not putting their hands on naked strippers.. as opposed to playing and winning.

overachievers.
The Seahawks played us last year too. :tiptoe:

texplayer2
05-07-2006, 10:47 AM
The Seahawks played us last year too. :tiptoe:

played with us

ClintonPortis26
05-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Chicago Bears- Their defense wasnt even the best in the league this year despite what the numbers say. Their schedule sucks D***.

Its an embarassment to Defenses around the league to have the Bears as one of the leagues best. I mean I rather take Tampa Bay, Washington, Carolina, San Diegos, and Denvers all before Chicago.

Seriously look at their schedule. They even proved they *******ed let alone did not belong in the playoffs when they lost to the Carolina Smiths.

Please_Evolve
05-07-2006, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=ClintonPortis26]Chicago Bears- Their defense wasnt even the best in the league this year despite what the numbers say. Their schedule sucks D***.

Its an embarassment to Defenses around the league to have the Bears as one of the leagues best. I mean I rather take Tampa Bay, Washington, Carolina, San Diegos, and Denvers all before Chicago.

Seriously look at their schedule. They even proved they *******ed let alone did not belong in the playoffs when they lost to the Carolina Smiths.[/QUOTE

lol: That was golden.