PDA

View Full Version : HPF:Kubiak is a real Texan

Wolf
05-06-2006, 01:06 PM
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout133.html

didn't see this posted and if I missed it I apologize.

May 2, 2006
Kubiak is a Real Texan
by Keith Weiland
HoustonProFootball.com

Let me state this emphatically: I have never been more encouraged by anything the Texans have done in their brief history than by what they did late last week, making North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams their number one pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. While owner Bob McNair required his blessing before the selection was made final, Williams is clearly the decision of head coach Gary Kubiak.

Thatís an onerous task for a rookie head coach, especially when millions of others, including myself, think they can make the right decision themselves. Kubiak has yet to earn a single tick mark on either side of his won-loss ledger as an NFL head coach, but he is already proving what it truly means to be a Texan.

And what does it mean to be a Texan? Is it the clothes we wear? The food we eat? The way we mangle the English language? No, it ainít any of those things.

Itís not an easy thing to define, our Texan-ness, but I like the words McNair used when he first introduced the name of his expansion team: courage, pride, independence, tradition and strength. Those words are a big part of what makes us Texan, and they are certainly the words I think of now when I reflect on Kubiakís first draft as a head coach.

:texflag: texanpride

Bobo
05-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I agree with the pick, but Kubiak has been living in Denver for awhile now.

jaayteetx
05-06-2006, 02:31 PM
I've lived out of Texas since I was 19 and I am now 32, let me tell you something, you can take the man out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of him! God bless Texas!

Bobo
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM
I've lived out of Texas since I was 19 and I am now 32, let me tell you something, you can take the man out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of him! God bless Texas!

Yeah yeah yeah. I was born in Ohio and lived there for 12 years and now have lived more than 15 years in Texas, but you can't take the Ohio out of me! God bless Ohio!

whiskeyrbl
05-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah yeah yeah. I was born in Ohio and lived there for 12 years and now have lived more than 15 years in Texas, but you can't take the Ohio out of me! God bless Ohio!

OHIO????? Ok man i'm sorry,I didn't realize.I guess I would be gloomy all the time too knowing that.

SnakeOilTanker
05-06-2006, 02:55 PM
:hides:

yippie ohio

Bobo
05-06-2006, 03:00 PM
OHIO????? Ok man i'm sorry,I didn't realize.I guess I would be gloomy all the time too knowing that.

:confused:

Bobo
05-06-2006, 03:00 PM
:hides:

yippie ohio

:superman:

BigDTexansFan
05-06-2006, 06:17 PM

His wife and him made sure all his sons were born in Texas in a HOUSTON hospital...NOW thats a TEXAN:redtowel: