05-06-2006, 12:56 AM
No surprise here.

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/114681143227680.xml

Double Barrel
05-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Glad it's their problem and not ours!

mancunian
05-06-2006, 02:52 AM
They also signed FA RB Michael Bennett - who will be very peeved if he drops down to 3rd string. He expected to be Deuces main back up.

aj.
05-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm sure Mr. Hollywood holding out for more millions will go over real well in an area still reeling from the devastation of Katrina.

Ibar_Harry
05-06-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm sure Mr. Hollywood holding out for more millions will go over real well in an area still reeling from the devastation of Katrina.

I keep wondering if the Saints will seek a government loan to pay Bush. I don't think this is a crazy thought at all. They will argue its part of the reconstruction of NO. They need to bring back fans and tourism.

thunderkyss
05-06-2006, 11:17 AM
So far, things are going really well for Reggie Bush. The fans, the attention..... the media...... couldn't be better, had he gone to New York..... of course, it won't last.

But unless Benson really wants to move to LA, Reggie can name his price.

F-minus67
05-06-2006, 11:55 AM
You know their LBs corps are bad when they bring in Anthony Simmons who was out of football last year and hasn't played a full season in over four years.

Brandon420tx
05-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Any news on Bush signing?

beerlover
05-06-2006, 03:01 PM
after the Texans took Mario I thought the Saints would accept the Jets offer & with the 4th pick select A.J. Hawk :spy:

nunusguy
05-08-2006, 08:52 AM
""The reality is both sides (the Bush and Williams camps) agreed to $54 million. Both sides wanted a signing bonus of over 26-and-a-half (million dollars), and we didn't want to pay (more than) 26-and-a-half. Thursday morning (before the draft), we felt it was time to make a decision."
From the NOLA.COM site.
But apparently they were hung up on the guaranteed money, not
the number for gross contract amount. And lets face it, that's far more important than the nominal total contract figure. And it seems that Mario's
group was flexible on the guaranteed money, but Bush wasn't. But why the hell does McNair care if he's got to kick in a couple more million for Reggie ?
Jeez, that's not even petty cash, as he origionally laid out 'bout 3/4 B for
the franchise, and they have blown > 10 M on a couple of FA picks like Wade.
And signability ? To me, that's a John Elway situation where he won't play in your city. The only place where Bush expressed a desire not to play was NOLA.
I dunno.....maybe Casserly will talk, or atleast leak the story, after he leaves the Texans which is rumored to be soon. We don't yet know the full story on
this Reggie-Mario Draft story.

Bullpen Drew
05-08-2006, 11:55 AM
I do not see Bush playing one down in a Saints uni.....

TexanFan881
05-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I do not see Bush playing one down in a Saints uni.....

So what's going to happen? Is he going to demand a trade and be a holdout for camp? I just don't see him pulling an Eli here because Reggie isn't a cry baby like that. It might take awhile but they will get something done before the season starts.

dwilt72
05-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Kinda confirms my suspicions. I still think the whole reason for not drafting RB was financial.

Trapped
05-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Kinda confirms my suspicions. I still think the whole reason for not drafting RB was financial.
It's only financial because Kubiak doesn't believe in paying a running back 50+ million. Remember Clinton Portis??

I think Kubiak is a very confident coach and a nice one by helping his new inexperienced defensive coordinator out by giving him the premiere defensive player in the draft.

He is confident that he is able to make DD,Morency, and whoever become very capable backs. Remember Orlandis Gary? Where is he now?

edo783
05-08-2006, 03:51 PM
IMO, they got spooked on the Tuesday before the draft when they confirmed that Lloyd Lakes a well known gangster in CA was the guy who put up the house money and something like 300K to Reggies family and was the partner of Michale Michales or what ever his name is that was the agent wannabe. Everything seemed to be working towards a conclusion and then they dropped Bush like a hot potatoe and went full bore after Mario. They had them ratted close to each other, but IMO had Bush ahead and then that came up and it was game over.

Bullpen Drew
05-08-2006, 04:59 PM
one word: HOLDOUT!

Texans_Chick
05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Link: sfgate (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/05/02/SPG0OIIOG21.DTL)

A few thoughts now that Reggie Bush is preparing for his holdout in New Orleans:

-- How long will agent Joel Segal, a pretty nice guy and an aggressive negotiator, hold onto his client now that Bush wasn't the top overall pick? There is a lot of speculation Bush's family, which is under scrutiny by NCAA investigators, will dump Segal because Reggie didn't go No. 1.

Fact is Bush's family brought the heat on themselves. True, Segal probably should have signed Thursday while Texans owner Bob McNair was still taking his calls. But blaming the agent for Bush's alleged flirtations with endorsement deals while still at USC -- especially when Segal hadn't signed him yet -- is a little like blaming the guidance counselor because your 2.5 GPA didn't get you into Harvard.

Mario Williams' selection by offense-starved Houston will be second-guessed there, ad nauseam. And at the onset, Bush didn't exactly look like he was thrilled to be a Saint. He was warmly welcomed in 'Nawlins and is saying all the right things, but his camp may push for a signing bonus exceeding the $26.5 million given to Williams, just to save face.

Is there anyone in Houston pro-sports that has been this sort of distraction starting his athletic career? I can't think of one off the top of my head. He just doesn't seem like a Houston kind of guy.