PDA

View Full Version : McNair and Ravens Reach Contract Agreement, No Trade Yet...

texan279
05-05-2006, 02:40 PM
LINK (gotitans.com/)

According to reports on NFL.com, QB Steve McNair has agreed on the structure of a contract in the event he is dealt to the Baltimore Ravens. The deal would give McNair a signing bonus of nearly $11 million and a $1 million base salary. The report did not specify the length of the contract or how much was guaranteed, but agent Bus Cook has reported that the is deal is "almost double the same money over three years that Tennessee had on the table." Trade negotiations between the Ravens and Titans are not underway though reports earlier this week indicate Tennessee is looking for a fourth-round pick and Baltimore was only willing to give up a fifth.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
05-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Now we'll see who blinks first. I think it will be the Titans. They still need to sign their draft picks and are reportedly interested in Ty Law but are only 125,000 under the cap. Releasing McNair would free up over 9 mil in cap space.

TEXANRED
05-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey we should all troll over to the Titan site and start posting "I am turning in my season tickets and am going to root for the Ravens from here on out. Wa"

WWJD
05-05-2006, 04:26 PM
I hope Steve has all the luck in the world. One of my favorite players.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
05-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Ravens | Team agrees to deal parameters for McNair
Fri, 5 May 2006 16:53:32 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens have agreed to trade parameters that would bring Titans QB Steve McNair to Baltimore. The only remaining aspect is for the Titans to officially sign off on the deal.

Texans_Chick
05-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Well then, count me in for being a new Ravens fan, as a secondary rooting interest.

If the Texans don't make the Super Bown next year, the team I want to win is the Ravens. With Steve McNair being spectacular. Being amazing.

I've always been a little conflicted about Steve, given where he plays and the circumstances that he got there. Wanted him to do well but didn't want his team to do well. Now I will sorta feel that way about Vince. (Best case scenario--he sucks for the Titanhicks, gets traded away, and then does awesome with his second team).

But back to my first point, nothing would cheese off the meatball fans as much as Steve McNair ka and taking names as a Raven. It would be excellent.