PDA

View Full Version : Supplemental Draft?

jahonjabali
05-05-2006, 07:42 AM
When is the Supplemental Draft? Is Ahmad Brooks going to be in it....also for us to get him, what would we have to give up?

blockhead83
05-05-2006, 08:19 AM
What's the big deal with Ahmad Brooks? I seem to remember him having a lack luster season the last time he played, with people saying that he had stopped working hard to improve. And didn't he get kicked off his football team for substance abuse? I'll pass thanks, and I think this coaching staff will too. They seem to be targetting players on the rise with good character, who are leaders on and off the field. Sounds like Brooks doesn't fit that mold.

threetoedpete
05-05-2006, 08:48 AM
When is the Supplemental Draft? Is Ahmad Brooks going to be in it....also for us to get him, what would we have to give up?

Family or agent ? After Tony Hollings, I think it is very wise to hold your draft picks and make wise decisions with them. But, that's just me. I kinda like what we got this year. Trading your ammo away a year befor the draft is not prudent , IMHO. We wouldn't give up anything. We submit what we feel like the player is worth. In the first round, every team submits an answer, Pass or take. They keep this up for x number of rounds untill someone picks him . So you wanna give up an '07 day one pick for him ? :brickwall

gtexan02
05-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Check this thread, two pages of this debate already going on in the College Player Forum:

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=22849

SESupergenius
05-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh no, not the supplemental draft again!

We are assured to overspend a pick. It's guaranteed. We live for the supplemental draft, it's in our nature.

El Tejano
05-05-2006, 10:20 AM
IF we pick in the supplemental then it should include a DB of some sort. I would only be mad if we use it on a RB or another DL.

gtexan02
05-05-2006, 10:23 AM
IF we pick in the supplemental then it should include a DB of some sort. I would only be mad if we use it on a RB or another DL.

It sort of depends on if there are any DBs in the draft. I'm not currently aware of any