PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 draft picks

baba ganoush
05-03-2006, 10:10 PM
who do you think the best rookie will be of the top 5 draft choices???
You think it would be mario williams who is projected to start on an upgraded texans defense...would it be reggie bush who may not get too much playing time behind duece mcallister unless they release duece mcallister...could it be vince young who is said not to be nfl ready and is being looked to be the backup for billy volex...would it be d'brickashaw ferguson who is might be a dominant force along a new and improved jets offensive line...or could it be a.j. hawk who should start right away with the packers and may have a good shot at rookie of the year or defensive rookie of the year...

my pick is going to be a.j. hawk, not only does he have the est chance because it seems that linebackers always have a better chance of getting rookie awards...i also think when he is thrown in the mix with nick barnett he has a real good shot to show what he can do at the next level...

Texas
05-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Mario!....They will factor in the fact that our D sucked last year with his stats and he will be chosen!

RTP2110
05-03-2006, 10:37 PM
My heart says Mario. My brain says Ferguson.

gg no re
05-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Considering that the entire NFC North is a steaming cesspool of failure for the most part, A.J. Hawk stands the best chance of looking like an immediate success.

Blake
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Bush. There is basically no transition from college RB to NFL RB. Its a fact that running backs normally have an easier time. Take the hand off, run like hell. offensive, and defensive linemen have to learn to fight with their hands, body position, and tricks of the trade so they dont get steam rolled. QB's have the hardest time.

Scooter
05-04-2006, 02:42 AM
i'm going to have to go with mario or hawk. bush isnt going to get enough carries playing behind deuce to merit the look. d'brick is probably going to take atleast a season to adjust (and being an OT, he'd have to really stand out to get noticed). vince is probably not going to see much playing time, if any at all. hawk & mario are both going to start first day, and see the most plays. i think whichever of the two stays healthy throughout the season is going to be the obvious choice at the end of the season. if they both stay healthy, i'd say mario because sack totals stand out a lot more on the stat sheet than tackles.

Texans Horror
05-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Bush or Hawk. Bush running with Deuce will be like Ronnie Brown running with Ricky, only better because the coach doesn't have a man-crush on the veteran runner.

Hawk has a shot because, as stated before, the dude's playing in the NFC North. Not much there! He should shine.