PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?!

johnny_tlmn
05-03-2006, 09:56 PM
I just heard on fox 26 that VY gave his autographed jersey from his draft w/ the titans to a boy in his hometown of Hempstead. To me, you do not and i mean you do not give away your jersey that you got on your draft day am I the only one here or what ?! Thats just idiotic.

ledzeppelin229
05-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Well...it is his...so I guess he can do what he wants with it. Maybe some people would place more value on it but in the end, it's still only a jersey.

newbiefan
05-03-2006, 10:08 PM
omg, r you seriously ragging on VY for this? I think the fact that it is something of value that makes this such a good act. I think he just made that kid's year, so he should be admired, not criticized for doing it.

Texas
05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Thats why we have our own opinions!:redtowel:

TEXANRED
05-03-2006, 10:10 PM
I just heard on fox 26 that VY gave his autographed jersey from his draft w/ the titans to a boy in his hometown of Hempstead. To me, you do not and i mean you do not give away your jersey that you got on your draft day am I the only one here or what ?! Thats just idiotic.
At least he didn't sell it for 50 bajillion dollars to a crippled blind kid. Unlike his autograph signing in houston.........minus the crippled blind kid...unless you count John McClain.

newbiefan
05-03-2006, 10:14 PM
To me, you do not and i mean you do not give away your jersey that you got on your draft day am I the only one here or what ?! Thats just idiotic

sounds like criticism to me

newbiefan
05-03-2006, 10:20 PM
haha good comeback, i guess this is why i usually just read, cept for when i see something blatantly egregious

oh well, no point in getting into it, later

gg no re
05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
How you gonna rag on someone trying to do a good deed?

Whatever, Titans jerseys hold no real value in Houston anyways.

BigTimeTexanFan
05-04-2006, 12:09 AM
I don't see it as a big deal at all. I see it as a very nice gesture. Especially in the age of athletes selling autographs or anything with their name on it. Class act!

Speedy
05-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Yea it seems all sooo nice but that would be one of my prized precestions if I was drafted to begin with none the less from the sorry *** titans that'll get their asses handed to them come real season.:redtowel:Somebody tell me what a precestion is before my head explodes.

Yvette
05-04-2006, 08:01 AM
HEMPSTEAD, Texas -- New Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young didn't hold onto his draft day jersey for long. He's passed it on to a 12-year-old fan with Hodgkin's Disease.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2432705

Str8tupg42k1
05-04-2006, 08:23 AM
I dont think it was his real jersey because when he got drafted the jersey they had at draft day had #10 and the jersey they showed on the news had #1 on it. I dont know if yall seen it or it was just me.

Dr. Toro
05-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Let's just hold off on criticizing athletes for doing nice things for kids, especially sick ones.

"Geez, I can't believe Babe Ruth promised that kid in the hospital he'd hit a home run for him. The nerve!"

Unbelievable.

Porky
05-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Nice. Critisizing a guy for giving his jersey to a kid with Hodgkins. Real classy of ya there Johnny T. If only more athletes were this giving of themselves, the world would be a better place. BTW - You could at least get your facts straight. VY is from Houston, not Hempstead.

axman40
05-04-2006, 10:45 AM
"Young responded Wednesday to a request from Houston Texans linebacker coach Johnny Holland to visit with Archie Taylor Jr. Archie was diagnosed with the lymphatic cancer in December."

How dare VY do something nice at the request of coach Johnny Holland ,where will all this bleeding heart do gooding lead to? :sarcasm:

Really props to Coach Holland and VY!

:thumbup

gwallaia
05-04-2006, 10:52 AM
that is such a nice story...I still don't understand the hatred for VY here. He hasn't ever been in trouble, he is a Houston native that said he always wanted to play here, led his Texan based (he could have left the state) College team to a National Championship and he has been active at his church. I just don't get it myself.

Certainly, nothing Vince Young has done or said has caused the "hatred" for him. The "hatred" has to be for all the Vince Young supporters attitude over the past few months. Threats from fans to dump the Texans and cheer for whoever drafts Vince. Cancelling season tickets if the Texans don't draft Vince. Full page ads in the newspaper asking the Texans to draft Vince. Immediate dismissal of anyone's opinion who suggests that Vince should not be the first pick. So on and so on. People just got tired of all the hype and the uncompromising and condescending stance of the VY supporters. This has unforutantely resulted in Vince Young receiving unfair criticism.

Of course, every word I just typed above could also apply to a large percentage of the Reggie Bush supporters. (except for the full page ads)

Back to the orignial thread topic. To criticize VY for donating his jersey to a child with Hodgkin's disease is inexcusable.

nunusguy
05-04-2006, 02:04 PM
"HEMPSTEAD New Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young didn't hold onto his draft day jersey for long. He's passed it on to a 12-year-old fan with Hodgkin's Disease.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/050406dnspoyoung.a7d4e59.html
If you keep doing stuff like this VY, I also might have to root for you when you're in town to play the Texans.

Trap_Star
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I dont think it was his real jersey because when he got drafted the jersey they had at draft day had #10 and the jersey they showed on the news had #1 on it. I dont know if yall seen it or it was just me.

I was gonna say the same thing....:challenge
The jersey he gave the youngman had a #1. The jersey he received at the draft had a #10.:stirpot:

Cincinnatikid
05-05-2006, 06:35 AM
How you gonna rag on someone trying to do a good deed?

Whatever, Titans jerseys hold no real value in Houston anyways.

I think VY Titans jerseys will hold some real value in houston. Just wait to see the stores flooded with them and all the UT people buying them. His jersey will probably be one of the top sellers of all NFL jerseys in all of Texas

mancunian
05-05-2006, 07:12 AM
I think VY Titans jerseys will hold some real value in houston. Just wait to see the stores flooded with them and all the UT people buying them. His jersey will probably be one of the top sellers of all NFL jerseys in all of Texas

His jersey might turn out to be a top selling NFL jersey worldwide. Hopefully after Mario's!

TreWardTxn
05-05-2006, 10:45 AM
It says that he gave the kid his draft jersey. That would be the jersey that every other draftee receives, with the #1. In my eyes it has more value, because it will be the only one of its kind, there will be many other Titan #10 jerseys...

sakebomb
05-05-2006, 07:24 PM
At least he didn't go "Daunte Culpepper" on the kid and take it back like when Daunte gave that kid an expensive necklace for the media and then asked for it back. What a loser.

Mr. White
05-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Back to the orignial thread topic. To criticize VY for donating his jersey to a child with Hodgkin's disease is inexcusable.

To me, this sums up the whole thread. I just keep wishing it would go away.

GP
05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
look lil dude I'm not criticizing him just if it was me that would have never happened I bet even you too. so don't sit there and say that I'm saying **** like that cuz I ain't just read and NOT type.:challenge

You're saying, "If I were him..." but you're NOT Vince, so why are you even worrying or discussing this?

Therefore....you ARE criticizing him, yet you say you're "not criticizing him." Don't pull that Bill Clinton "I didn't have relations with THAT woman" semantics stuff and then gripe out soeone as if they misread your comments.

He gave a materialistic possession to someone who will treasure it more than he ever would have. You're prolly just pee'od that YOU didn't get it.

And for the record, I'm not (and never will be) a VY fan. But in this case, he did a great thing that meant a lot to someone.