PDA

View Full Version : Strong WR Corps

Brandon420tx
05-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Most of the offensive talk has centered around the running game and our new (and hopefully improved) offensive line. I'd like to point out that unlike last year we will have 3 Pro-Bowl WRs for Carr (Or Rosenfals, whoever wins out) to throw to. If what I hear about Moulds rubbing off on Mathis to make him a complete Wideout is true, the opposings teams have something to fear.

I didn't count Mathis as a Pro-Bowl WR for last year because he just earned it last year.
I also wanted to start a thread supporting our WR's since they seem to be under-represented these days on the MB.

Texans_Chick
05-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Forgot.

Kubiak today spoke of our 7th round choice, David Anderson. Has known him since Anderson was 11 years old.

Knows he's good because Kubiak's son played against him in practice. Talked about how productive he was at Colorado St and how he could also be good on special teams.

More competition on the team.

Coach C.
05-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Anderson is a definate practice squad guy, but after a couple of years to get used to the speed and game of the pros I think he will turn into a solid 4th receiver. Hopefully it will be with our team. He comes in and likely has the second best hands on the team already.

Our receiving corps is nice right now. If Mathis can get out of his own way and Walter can bring a steadiness we are good. Armstrong is my first down and middle man and we are looking solid. Everyone knows that if Moulds and AJ stay healthy they will do their thing, now all we need to do is make sure Carr is feeling like gunslinging again. I think we are gonna be just fine.

Texas
05-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Plus we got walters!

Brandon420tx
05-03-2006, 10:18 PM
AJ, Moulds, Walters, Mathis, Anderson, and Armstrong, plus about other 2 who I think are there for competition, but those 5 are probably going to be our WRs, *Anderson might go to practice squad, or Armstrong might be cut*

Texas
05-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Even tho he has the best hands!

Texans_Chick
05-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Plus we got walters!

Kubiak today said Walters reminds him of a guy named....

McCaffrey.

That would be cool.:cool:

AJ was right. Kubiak was naming names and just talking.

LORK 88
05-04-2006, 12:08 AM
AJ, Moulds, Walters, Mathis, Anderson, and Armstrong, plus about other 2 who I think are there for competition, but those 5 are probably going to be our WRs, *Anderson might go to practice squad, or Armstrong might be cut*

Practice Squad, why would we cut him when we used a pick on him this year?