PDA

View Full Version : Salaam is a great addition for us!!!

CodeBlue
05-03-2006, 12:39 PM
I just saw that ephram salaam just got signed by the texans, and that FREAKIN KICK ARS!!! :yahoo: he is a big and physical tackle that is light on his feet. he played at denver a couple years ago but became a free agent and they couldnt afford him the next year. this right here gives us a vet to Kubes system on the line and can help develop these guys even quicker, not to mention a legitamate starting OT.
again i am forced, but like hehe, to watch denver games because they are regional in ID, but i loved watching him play. i think that we are getting better on the oline and this signing right here just may have bought us another win.

GO TEXANS!!!! Keep up the good work!!:ok:

MightyTExan
05-03-2006, 01:00 PM
The way things are shaping up, I wouldn't be suprised if the O-line is all new faces when the season starts.

Bullpen Drew
05-03-2006, 01:02 PM
We are making solid moves....

mimartin
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM
The way things are shaping up, I wouldn't be suprised if the O-line is all new faces when the season starts.

:redtowel: We can only hope.

powerfuldragon
05-03-2006, 01:29 PM
both our o and d lines are sounding quite... fortified.

Meloy
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Didn't he play for like 3 teams already? I thought he had been in the league only a few years...not knowing anything about him, I was unmotivated by his signing. Sounds like he will be a starter, wow! Todd Wade must be packing his bags.

bigTEXan8
05-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Another solid addition by Kubes and Cass...solid job guys.

Jagsman28
05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
You guys better pray to god that this guy doesnt start. He was easily the worst o-linemen for the Jags last season. He lost his job to Khalif Barnes after the 4th game of the season. It was very frustrating having him as our LT. He was a turnstile and you guys should hope he is cut by the seasons start. You do NOT want him starting.

He is a good locker room guy though. :spy:

CodeBlue
05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
You guys better pray to god that this guy doesnt start. He was easily the worst o-linemen for the Jags last season. He lost his job to Khalif Barnes after the 4th game of the season. It was very frustrating having him as our LT. He was a turnstile and you guys should hope he is cut by the seasons start. You do NOT want him starting.

well then things have changed man, because he was great in Denver. i am sorry to hear that so now we just need to get him back into what he was, if thats possible. MAN that sux to hear that. i am kinda bent now hehe. :confused:

mimartin
05-03-2006, 03:09 PM

Then he is still better than what we had. In Kubiak system he may again prosper. (fingers crossed)

kcwilson
05-03-2006, 04:16 PM
This is better than last year for sure... HOWEVER, makes you wonder you great a start we will get off to since reps is what the OLine will need to gel and get comfortable in the new system...

Anyone heard about the learning curve typically needed on the Denver blocking scheme... Between Flanagan, Salaam, and maybe Weigert, seems like the ability to learn and implement ought to be pretty quick.

mexican_texan
05-03-2006, 04:25 PM

Last I heard, he's a zone-blocking OL, which I don't believe the Los Angeles Jaguars have.

Hervoyel
05-03-2006, 04:42 PM
well then things have changed man, because he was great in Denver. i am sorry to hear that so now we just need to get him back into what he was, if thats possible. MAN that sux to hear that. i am kinda bent now hehe. :confused:

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds to me like he was being asked to do things in the Jags system that he did not excel at and he was a force on the Denver offensive line. It might just be that he is suited to the zone blocking scheme and poorly suited to what Jacksonville was asking him to do.

Either way he's going to have to be better than Seth Wand, Todd Wade, Eric Winston, and Charles Spencer to see playing time so if he is then great and if he isn't then no worries.

Texas
05-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Last I heard, he's a zone-blocking OL, which I don't believe the Los Angeles Jaguars have.

Isnt it Jacksonville? Or did they switch?

mexican_texan
05-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Isnt it Jacksonville? Or did they switch?
Jax sells out as often as the Atlanta Hawks. 'Bout time for a move.

titan hater
05-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Jax sells out as often as the Atlanta Hawks. 'Bout time for a move.

Very true....Just look at all of the trash bags covering thier upper deck. Worst fans in football by far!!!!

Jagsman28
05-04-2006, 02:09 PM
We sold out every game last season...

And its not the Jaguars fault they dont live in a metropolis...but atleast they are staying true to their fanbase and not moving, despite the small market...*cough* oilers

But sold out games or not...we are still twice the team you guys will ever be. When was your last winning season btw? :)

And to those who wanted to know about Salaam; Maybe he will excel in your blocking scheme. All i know is that he was horrible in Jax, but he is great in the community. Although i dont think that he will make your 53 man roster unless he is depth.

El Tejano
05-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Just tell you Dlineman to watch their knees.

FILO_girl
05-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I have asked around to a couple Texans fans (whose opinions I trust) and a couple Jag fans (whose opinions I would consider trustworthy also). I have not heard anything good on the addition of Salaam to our roster (other than he is a nice guy). While he may be here to add depth (competition as Kubiak calls it), I have not found one person who can give me a reason he would do us some good. Maybe I am missing something here, as I have no idea about the man.

Someone will come along and enlighten me, I am sure.

Note to Jag fans: I am not the only Texans fan who razzes you about your tarped litterbox!

Bronco Texan
05-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Salaam was great in Denver and was sorry to see him to leave. He is a very good linemen for zone blocking. I like what Kubes is doing we will have a good o line next year. It may not be great(yet) but it will be good.

Meloy
05-04-2006, 04:11 PM
I have asked around to a couple Texans fans (whose opinions I trust) and a couple Jag fans (whose opinions I would consider trustworthy also). I have not heard anything good on the addition of Salaam to our roster (other than he is a nice guy). While he may be here to add depth (competition as Kubiak calls it), I have not found one person who can give me a reason he would do us some good. Maybe I am missing something here, as I have no idea about the man.

Someone will come along and enlighten me, I am sure.

Note to Jag fans: I am not the only Texans fan who razzes you about your tarped litterbox! Charlie Pallilo of 790 radio & John Harris college guru who is on 610 morning show frequently, both responded to my emails. Evaluation by both : Solid pickup to compete with Wade & Eric Winston for 1-2 years. Not much left in tank. No one knows what he signed for.

FILO_girl
05-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Charlie Pallilo of 790 radio & John Harris college guru who is on 610 morning show frequently, both responded to my emails. Evaluation by both : Solid pickup to compete with Wade & Eric Winston for 1-2 years. Not much left in tank. No one knows what he signed for.

Appreciate the response, thanks Meloy!

the wonger need food
05-04-2006, 06:03 PM
No one knows what he signed for.
1 year, 710K

Fargin
05-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Tinhorns,
Please play Salaam against the Jaguars. Please! Oh please! Please! Puleeeeese!!!!!

mexican_texan
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Tinhorns,
Please play Salaam against the Jaguars. Please! Oh please! Please! Puleeeeese!!!!!
Sure, we don't want to risk a starter when we're up 52-3

Fargin
05-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Sure, we don't want to risk a starter when we're up 52-3

How does that song go, "Fairy tales can come true. It can happen to you." Not bloody likely.

FILO_girl
05-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Tinhorns,
I love the way y'all are saying we are 'high' on Salaam over at the Litterbox. Typical Jag poster propaganda.

Whatcha doing over here, Fargie? Miss me that bad? :howdy:

TexanFanInCC
05-05-2006, 01:57 PM

Los Angeles Jags...heh pretty much.

mexican_texan
05-05-2006, 03:11 PM
How does that song go, "Fairy tales can come true. It can happen to you." Not bloody likely.
Not likely? If football was predictable, the ball would be round. Last I checked, Fat Albert was still your QB.

bigTEXan8
05-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Not likely? If football was predictable, the ball would be round. Last I checked, Fat Albert was still your QB.

Holy krap...I laughed so hard my back popped.

the wonger need food
05-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Whatchoo talkin' bout' Willis....

http://www.oddjack.com/img6338356.jpg

mexican_texan
05-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I was under the impression Fat Albert was a common nickname around here, but for those of you that don't know what I mean:

http://www.senstad.com/htmls/byron.leftwich1.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007NMHME.01._PE69_.Fat-Albert._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

TEXANS84
05-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Salaam is going to compete for backup IMO. Not a great pass blocker..decent run-blocker.

Who knows...this could fit Kubiak's scheme. We shall see.

RWBinJax
05-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Good luck. E was a gate post in Jax, welcome to the QB. He could not pass-block. He was marginal at run-blocking.

He has, however, a great personanilty and will be fun at your post-game shows.

thunderkyss
05-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Being that he has a history with Kubiak, it's kinda hard to say what he's going to do...... why we brought him in.... but you can be sure, our Roster is going to continue to grow over the next month..... most teams will. This is normal, going into training camp. Even if Kubiak has notions that he may start for us...... someone else may really shine, and he may change his mind. Kubiak may just be giving him an opportunity to earn a job, or he might talk him into a coaching position........ we don't know.

why do jags call us tin horns?? where's that come from??

Fargin
05-05-2006, 07:37 PM
I love the way y'all are saying we are 'high' on Salaam over at the Litterbox. Typical Jag poster propaganda.

Whatcha doing over here, Fargie? Miss me that bad? :howdy:

Do I know You? I was just here because I couldn't pass up a thread where the tinhorn fans are salivating over a swinging door.

I'll go back home now, no plans to take up residence here as some of you have done on our board.

Grid
05-05-2006, 07:40 PM
you Jag fans should pay more attention to what goes on around the league :). Denver Olinemen have a history of going to other teams and sucking. its all about the system.

Salaam is returning to the Denver system which he dominated in. That is why people are happy with the signing.

SicilianJag
05-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Salaam was a great guy, but was a swinging gate for us. The argument that he's going back to a zone blocking/Denver scheme is the only thing that gives any hope at all. We'll see.

FILO_girl
05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Do I know You? I was just here because I couldn't pass up a thread where the tinhorn fans are salivating over a swinging door.

I'll go back home now, no plans to take up residence here as some of you have done on our board.

Still bitter, I see. Thats Fargie for ya. PS- Tell Lefty that :mario: can't wait to meet him on the field.

Thunderkyss, them calling us 'tinhorns' is their little warped way of showing us love. They call the Colts "twinks" and just flat out hate the Titans. They give nicknames to all sorts of things over there. It's a Jag thing.

'Tis a strange place over in the Litterbox, quite entertaining too.