PDA

View Full Version : Casserly on ESPN NFL Draft Wrap Special

Texans34Life
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Cass is about to pop a vein w/ the questions Wingo is asking him... :)

BradK10
05-02-2006, 07:38 PM
GOD, the PERFECT comeback to after they showed Justices comment was "Hey, that guy wrote off the Astros last year in May...what does he know?"

houstonhurricane
05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
That interview certainly confirms that the Texans had not made a decision on this pick until last week.

Zac
05-02-2006, 09:52 PM
GOD, the PERFECT comeback to after they showed Justices comment was "Hey, that guy wrote off the Astros last year in May...what does he know?"

Truly Classic!!!!

blockhead83
05-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Someone please recap for those of us who missed it.....

Tulip
05-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I would have liked to have seen that. Any recaps?

GhostRaider2006
05-02-2006, 10:44 PM
The guide on my TV said it will come on again on ESPN at 1 pm Central time tommorow. So if you missed it you can catch it again then or set your tivo.

RTP2110
05-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow sounds like Justice and Casserly are on BAD terms with each other.

jerek
05-02-2006, 11:29 PM

Cass had some good stuff to say. I especially liked him making fun of Justice and the other Chronicle tools. Thought he handled the questions well, though of course I suspect the Bush-or-bust crowd will continue to declare it was all about the money or some crap.

jmerog
05-02-2006, 11:31 PM
i dont have espn so could someone recap the best parts.

i do so love good smack talk. good one cass.

BradK10
05-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Wow sounds like Justice and Casserly are on BAD terms with each other.

Oh Richard does a great job of alienating the Houston sports teams. I'd be surprised if any Houston athlete or front office person can stand the guy.

Reading comments on his blog is a struggle. The combined IQ of the majority of the folks commenting on there can't be that much.

Grid
05-03-2006, 12:04 AM
I dunno why the Chronicle continues to use him. If someone is going to be the beat writer for your local sports team.. wouldnt you want someone who isnt going to drag that team through the mud at every chance they get? Doesnt that kinda build a BAD relationship between the team and the paper? Does the chronicle think the Texans are going to give them the time of day now?

The Chronicle needs competition. We need the Post to return.

whiskeyrbl
05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Ask Dale Robertson about Dan Pastorini.

BradK10
05-03-2006, 12:18 AM
I dunno why the Chronicle continues to use him. If someone is going to be the beat writer for your local sports team.. wouldnt you want someone who isnt going to drag that team through the mud at every chance they get? Doesnt that kinda build a BAD relationship between the team and the paper? Does the chronicle think the Texans are going to give them the time of day now?

The Chronicle needs competition. We need the Post to return.

well in his defense, he's not the beat writer for anyone. he's a columnist (read: give opinions)

TexanBorn51
05-03-2006, 12:19 AM
I watched it and CC clearly states that he picked for the need of the team. He says that it was not the money the both agreed on 54 million. The interviewer showed him some bashing of the pick on the local newspaper there and on it the headlines were pretty brutal to him and the decisions. He says that he cannot be bothered by such tirvia opinion on himself and that he's there to make team decisions based aon need and one for sure was defense and to win games. Being swayed by these articles does not fade him although he truly appreciates and respects the fan base and the thinking of getting the obvious but in this case it was not one player but what fit the team at the time. He feels very comfortable and so does his staff on the draft selections that they made.
I hope I convey this somewhat but I try. This is not my opinion but just trying to convey it.
After the interview on ESPN2 the other sportcasters had a pretty good lenthly subject on the Mario vs Reggie #1 pick thing which is worthy. The consensus was that Reggie is the better if not best player to pick but agreed that the Texans fit better with the pick of Mario as #1. Also stated that Barry Sanders was great in his time but they only went to the playoffs once.
I hear it may be on tomorrow.:texflag:

Ibar_Harry
05-03-2006, 12:25 AM
I saw an article the other day by Justice where he said Casserly will not talk to him. It may have been on the Justice & McClain show instead of an article. But it was said and I had not heard that before.

Specter
05-03-2006, 12:29 AM
I saw an article the other day by Justice where he said Casserly will not talk to him. It may have been on the Justice & McClain show instead of an article. But it was said and I had not heard that before.
yeah, i think that might have been on today's paper because I read the same thing. I do understand why he won't talk to him too, he should stick to baseball, either way, that guy is a tool.

Ibar_Harry
05-03-2006, 12:43 AM
"Silent treatment
Casserly has refused to speak to at least one reporter that would be me who has been critical of him. He has aired out talk-show hosts off the air. His Capt. Queeg routine has gotten old.

McNair said last week that Casserly has a year left on his contract and that the two men will sit down next week and discuss the future.

''We've been focused on the draft," McNair said.

Next week, it's Casserly's turn. It'll be McNair's toughest call.

richard.justice@chron.com"

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/3833638.html

You can read the whole article if you follow the link.

Grid
05-03-2006, 12:44 AM
In my opinion..Justice has done the impossible.. he has made Casserly look good. I wouldnt talk to the punk either. Honestly I wouldnt **** on his head if his eyebrows were on fire.

SESupergenius
05-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Come on Casserly talks from both holes in his body. To state that "he picked for the need of the team" directly contradicts his philosophy from a couple of years ago when he was quoted as saying you draft for needs in the 1st round. Pathetic. Simply pathetic that he's still the GM and front man of this organization when fans nor the media have no respect for him and can see a trail of disappointments under his tenure. Hell no! Casserly Go! Hell no! Casserly Go!

TEXANRED
05-03-2006, 12:04 PM
In my opinion..Justice has done the impossible.. he has made Casserly look good.
This is one of those, my enemy's enemy, kinda thing.

What we need is another pole:

Who would you rather keep,

Richard Justice, continue to cover and report on your favorite Houston sport team
-or-
Charley Casserly, continue to draft and make player moves based on the head coache's recomendation.

I tried making a pole once and it didnt work.

ensign_lee
05-03-2006, 12:06 PM

Richard Justice, continue to cover and report on your favorite Houston sport team
-or-
Charley Casserly, continue to draft and make player moves based on the head coache's recomendation.

The latter.

Ibar_Harry
05-03-2006, 12:06 PM

-or-

I will 2nd that one.

Sportsfan
05-03-2006, 12:10 PM

Please clarify, you mean Casserly said this about Justice? Hilarious! lol:

Ibar_Harry
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM

-or-

Made a poll for you.

Htown34s
05-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Ask Dale Robertson about Dan Pastorini.

lol: Now that was a good relationship!!

jerek
05-03-2006, 12:43 PM
"Silent treatment
Casserly has refused to speak to at least one reporter that would be me who has been critical of him. He has aired out talk-show hosts off the air. His Capt. Queeg routine has gotten old.

McNair said last week that Casserly has a year left on his contract and that the two men will sit down next week and discuss the future.

''We've been focused on the draft," McNair said.

Next week, it's Casserly's turn. It'll be McNair's toughest call.

richard.justice@chron.com"

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/3833638.html

You can read the whole article if you follow the link.

I would not give Richard Justice the time of day either. The man is a hack journalist and always has been. It's one thing to be critical of Cass, but Justice has never managed to make intelligent or "constructive" criticism of the guy.

Frankly, I would not talk to him either.

Mr. White
05-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Sounds like Justice is taking the thing a little personal. He did, however seem to be a little more defensive of Charley on 610 this morning. He even said the two of them are going to meet for lunch. Casserly just won't talk to him about the future of the team.

SnakeOilTanker
05-03-2006, 12:55 PM
I would be mad at Justice too. He is going on national shows and reporting false info, saying that the Texans didnt start negotating with Mario till thursday

yes Richard they got an NFL contract that big done in 1 day:rolleyes:

Rightnow
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
I think Justice is clever to generate the controversy because people will read his column. Love him or hate him, as long as you read he wins.

Hardcore Texan
05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I think Justice is clever to generate the controversy because people will read his column. Love him or hate him, as long as you read he wins.

I will take Hate Him for a thousand Alex.

BradK10
05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Please clarify, you mean Casserly said this about Justice? Hilarious! lol:

unfortunately, he didnt, i would have said it if I was hime

Errant Hothy
05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
It's back ESPN as of now.

alphajoker
05-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Dude...hilarious avatar ensign_lee!lol:

TexanExile
05-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Just watched the Casserly interview again. "If people want to get mad at somebody, get mad at me," he says.

That's the first time in a long time I've immediately agreed with something CC said. Maybe it was the startling level of accountability he was accepting. OK, fine...but there's no reason to actually get mad until we see how this plays out.

This wasn't the pick I wanted, but I'm going to accept CC's comments at face value...even though there are a few suspicious things leading up to the draft that still make me wonder a little. Frankly I'm sick of dwelling on it, and I would rather think about how Jim Sorgi's gonna do as the Colts' starting QB on September 17 after Mario pummels Peyton into the turf faster than you can say "De-caf."

And as for Justice's "stupidity" comment, that's just an asinine thing to say. Mario Williams is a phenomenal prospect in his own right. It's not like they went off the board and took Marcus Vick, for crying out loud. Show some class, Dick.