PDA

View Full Version : Competition...

WILLIEG
05-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I love to see us bringing in more and more guys to compete for a job. That was the problem with the old coaching staff in not allowing as much competion as possible. Glad to see all the favoritism is out the door. I truly believe most players practice like they play or at least thats what most coaches believe to be true. I would like to see our roster full of Defensive players. I have all the faith in our new coaching staff and look forward to a new beginning in 2006. GO TEXANS!!!

tsip
05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I love to see us bringing in more and more guys to compete for a job. That was the problem with the old coaching staff in not allowing as much competion as possible. Glad to see all the favoritism is out the door. I truly believe most players practice like they play or at least thats what most coaches believe to be true. I would like to see our roster full of Defensive players. I have all the faith in our new coaching staff and look forward to a new beginning in 2006. GO TEXANS!!!

You are correct in that competition is a good thing, which makes me wonder if there is any competition for the most important position on the team---QB.

TheRealJoker
05-01-2006, 11:08 PM
There aren't too many guys that are locks to start this season. The only ones that im sure will start off the top of my head are:

QB: Carr
RB: DD
WR 1: AJ
WR 2: Moulds
TE: Putzier
LG: Pitts
C: Flanagan

RDE: Williams
DT: Smith
LDE: Weaver
Linebacker (Whichever one the FO wants him on): Demeco
CB 1: Dunta

Brown and Earl looks like our starting safeties, the question is which will be FS and which will be SS

outofhnd
05-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Starters

QB - Carr
WR - AJ
WR - Moulds
RB - DD

CB Drob
CB Pbuch

Thats all I can think of...

Competitions (listed from favorite to least expected.

LT - Pitts, Wisnton, Wand, Salaam

LG - McKinney, Spencer, Pitts (if one of the other 3 tackles does better he will be the favorite here.

C - Flanagan, Hogdon

RG - Wiegart, McKinney (If Pitts takes LG), Weary, Spencer

RT - Wand, Wade, Winston, Salaam

TE - Breuner, Putz, Joppru, Troy, Clemens or whats his name

DE - Mario, Weaver, Kalu, Babin, Peek (also could go for a LB spot) TJ situational

DT - Payne, Robaire, TJ, Iaone, Deloach

LB - Ryans, Orr, Polk, Anderson, Greenwood, Wong, Peek

S - Brown, Earl, Lord,

F-minus67
05-01-2006, 11:30 PM
It seems like this is the first year that the team has brought in players that I have heard of and has people actually fighting to make this team.