PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Bob McNair

ojthecat
05-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Dear Bob,

As a true fan I aplaud what you have done for me this year. You got me a new coach who will bring a winning tradition to our town. But mostly you showed me that you have a set of HUGE stones. By selected super Mario you are telling me screw the jersey sales we want to win Superbowls. That took guts. There are a few teams that are consistant winners in this league and I know that we will soon be among them.

You brought us football when no one that we would get it. And soon you will bring us championships. I can't wait for the playoffs at Reliant.

Thank you!! You are the MAN!!!!

Sportsfan
05-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Awesome

Malloy
05-01-2006, 02:33 PM
w00p! :)

4Texans
05-01-2006, 02:36 PM
:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

Double Barrel
05-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Dear Bob,

As a true fan I aplaud what you have done for me this year. You got me a new coach who will bring a winning tradition to our town. But mostly you showed me that you have a set of HUGE stones. By selected super Mario you are telling me screw the jersey sales we want to win Superbowls. That took guts. There are a few teams that are consistant winners in this league and I know that we will soon be among them.

You brought us football when no one that we would get it. And soon you will bring us championships. I can't wait for the playoffs at Reliant.

Thank you!! You are the MAN!!!!

Sign my name to that letter, too! :redtowel:

Once the Reggie/Vince disappointment wears off, you start to realize that there is great potential in this defense that Kubiak is putting together. Man, I hope they dominate and vindicate our coach's choices.

Eyeguy
05-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Sign my name to that letter, too! :redtowel:

Once the Reggie/Vince disappointment wears off, you start to realize that there is great potential in this defense that Kubiak is putting together. Man, I hope they dominate and vindicate our coach's choices.

Ditto

Texans2005
05-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Before the draft tickets on Ebay were very expensive.
Good News: Not anymore. Face Value or Much Less in Several Cases. Hope this helps out some buyers.

jerek
05-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Dear Bob,

I too applaud the job you and your staff have done this offseason. Not only did your coaching/scouting staff have the gumption to make and stand by the unglamorous decision, but I believe it was absolutely the correct decision.

The fair weather fans of this city will quickly forget what is now being ignorantly heralded as a mistake, as soon as we start winning games this year. I am excited about this season and the direction of the franchise, moreso than ever since I first heard we'd be getting an NFL team in Houston.

You do and continue to operate a first-class franchise. Thanks for all of your work.

Prouder than ever to call myself a Houston Texan,

Jerek

Double Barrel
05-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Before the draft tickets on Ebay were very expensive.
Good News: Not anymore. Face Value or Much Less in Several Cases. Hope this helps out some buyers.

Just talked to my season ticket rep (about upgrading, no dice this year), and she said they are running at 95% renewal rate, and NOBODY is cancelling their season tickets this morning. :hmmm:

I do have to wonder if the loudest barks are coming from dogs with no bite. Apparently, season ticket holders are still drinking the Kubiak koolaide.

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Dear Bob,

I too applaud the job you and your staff have done this offseason. Not only did your coaching/scouting staff have the gumption to make and stand by the unglamorous decision, but I believe it was absolutely the correct decision.

The fair weather fans of this city will quickly forget what is now being ignorantly heralded as a mistake, as soon as we start winning games this year. I am excited about this season and the direction of the franchise, moreso than ever since I first heard we'd be getting an NFL team in Houston.

You do and continue to operate a first-class franchise. Thanks for all of your work.

Prouder than ever to call myself a Houston Texan,

Jerek

Harumph! And how about something for the Williams' propagandists effort this past pre draft run up? The boys are awfully thirsty and deserve a free tall boy for each sack he puts up. :)

Uh-oh I smell a Houston supermarket promotion?

nflnutswife
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Just talked to my season ticket rep (about upgrading, no dice this year), and she said they are running at 95% renewal rate, and NOBODY is cancelling their season tickets this morning. :hmmm:

I do have to wonder if the loudest barks are coming from dogs with no bite. Apparently, season ticket holders are still drinking the Kubiak koolaide.

Yup, have to say I was surfing Ebay to check out new listings. Nope! And Mike from the ticket office was at the Draft @ reliant Saturday, we asked him if any give ups were available, he said "no" also.

Horn blowers:spy:

jerek
05-01-2006, 03:05 PM

Business as usual on the MB. :) I signed up the other day (finally have the cheddar) and was told the list is still at 3-4 years.

RBforRB
05-01-2006, 03:07 PM
I've gotta give the staff credit. They must really believe in Mario Williams to face the expected fan backlash of not selecting Bush or Young. They're was obviously a reason they favored Mario or they wouldn't have done that. Whether it was a football, signability, personality, or whatever decision I'm sure they had their reasons to make this move.

I nearly lost it when we picked an OLB in the second; passing on the OL and DB's I felt like we needed and had available, but after catching the OL talent in the 3rd made it all better.

I wish we had got one of the DB that were picked after our pick in the fourth, but I guess there was something that turned them away from them.

Meloy
05-01-2006, 03:29 PM
McNair on 610 3:15 p May 1st just said he was sick & tired of sitting in his box and watching 4th quarter lead slide away.

El Tejano
05-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Well all I know is Gary Kubiak just may have brought the team together. Can you imagine how hard Williams is going to play for Kubes and will not take anything for granted since everyone booed him? Then that will trickle down to the other guys and if he plays well will get our defense going.

WILLIEG
05-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm really happy that we picked up Williams. And for an offensive minded coach to do that is saying a lot. GK is trying to build from the inside out and that is what it takes to win in this league.

Blu
05-01-2006, 04:20 PM
BRAVO!!!:redtowel:

OzzO
05-01-2006, 11:08 PM

After two years, just today I was able to move down to the 500's (from 619) and to the dark side... timing is everything. :yahoo:

Oh, and perfect note to Mr. McNair - good post ojthecat

SAMURAITEXAN
05-02-2006, 12:59 AM
I wish I was in Houston!!!:crying:

Double Barrel
05-02-2006, 01:04 AM
After two years, just today I was able to move down to the 500's (from 619) and to the dark side... timing is everything. :yahoo:

Cool! We moved from 619 after the 2003 season to the dark side 500s, too! You won't be disappointed. Those seats are great! :thumbup

sstandifird
05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
WoW!
I haven't seen this much sucking up in a long, long time.
:embarrass :loser