PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News: Why Mario? (Great Article)

swisher
05-01-2006, 10:40 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere. Good insight behind the Mario pick.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=88233

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2006, 10:47 AM
good article

Errant Hothy
05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Superb!! Nice to see an article from somebody who had access through the "whole" process.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
05-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Quote from the article above

But not everyone within the organization agrees on Williams. He didn't play hard at the beginning of last season, nor was he consistently productive. Casserly and Kubiak study all his games; they don't believe any of these negatives is persuasive enough. They also have questions about Bush. If he is this good, why did he play just part-time at USC? And why, near the end of the national championship game, did USC turn to LenDale White more than Bush? Do you pay No. 1 money to a guy who will not be a full-time back? They never answer these questions to their satisfaction.
This is what I have been saying all along about Bush. He is a great prospect coming form college, but do you pay #1 money to a Part-time RB.

jerek
05-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Very good and very factual article. Good reading, if you care to put away the conspiracy theories.

Rosusu
05-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks for posting! Great article! :redtowel:

Hawg
05-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Great atricle. I love the Super Mario pick. I belieive that he will give us that much needed pash rush that we will need when going up against guys like Peyton Manning and Vince Young. Although i kinda got cauht up in the reggie bush frenzie i think that we made the right pick. I think that Kubiac know what he is doing and is going to do the right thing for this franchise,IMO.

Eyeguy
05-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I think this shows why the Texans will be winners before tenn. or NO. They have a commitment to making the hard decissions required for a team to win. They understand that the popular decission might not always be the right one and they are willing to make the tough choice now and in the furture. "Nothing is more important than doing what it takes to win games"(B. McNair)
Time will tell how good each player will be. The true measurement will be which team wins the Super Bowl first. I like the Texans chances for this reasons.

TexasJedi
05-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Awesome article, Thanks for the heads up.